Costume Thread

So to start us off how about Superman's new rebirth costume. I actually really like it. I feel that is a great compromise between his classic costume and the "tacticool" costume nu52 Superman wore.

The one Gleason designed but got scrapped was better.

You can tell he really wants the trunks back too with how he's drawn him in the book too

The blue boots are too far,

>let's remove the trunks but keep drawing his crotch with fucking contours and seams and inexplicable shadows around his thighs to highlight the trunks anyway

It'd be perfect if it had red boots desu.

I didn't have the objection so many people had to the New 52 costume - except for the lines (that were on so many other costumes - those were definitely big mistakes). I'd have to look at it again, but the collar, for example, doesn't bother me, per se. It really depends on some of the artists, I think.

I also liked the idea that it was a shield that reacted to him only, etc. I think it made more sense in the modern age, where we don't have phone booths and the entire ability to protect a secret identity is totally a different issue.

I do agree that the blue boots, especially the way they are drawn at times, where they simply look like the bottom of of the feet, with the reddish line for the boot sometimes simply looks like its drawn on.

Also this is a general costume thread. Post not only your favorite costumes but also costumes that you hate. I for one hated this costume. I have no idea what they were thinking with Cap's avengers costume. It looks terrible especially the coloring.

Too bad no one seems how to draw it correctly, though. The belt has been draw in three or four different ways already.

Joss Whedon is bad is why.

I think you need to limit yourself to drawn art, or make a new thread using an different OP image, user

Red Boots came back in Justice League Rebirth, will probably be gone next issue

These new green lanterns look like shit and I hate batman's costume.

Can't argue with that

It's shit.

A simple panel of him in a flying pose is gonna be 90% filled with an amorphous blob of blue. The trunks may be "outdated" (whatever the fuck that even means with superheroes) but they serve a purpose in breaking up the color and creating a break in the anatomy around the waist so artists don't give him a fridge body.

Two stupid ass Jewish teenage losers from Cleveland that didn't know jack shit about anything understood this eight decades ago but apparently a millionaire artist / designer / comic industry exec can't quite grasp it.

Tbh if they made his shorts and boots the same lighter blue as those bracelet looking things it would look great and appease a ton of people

Than give him a fucking red belt. The outside underwear look is more than outdated it is fucking retarded.

>deep red
>navy blue
>light blue

Congrats on being the only designer worse than lee

Thank you, when do I collect my award?

Yeah, the other Gleason design was better. On the other hand the Rebirth design already is better by the fact there's no collar and isn't armor, so that's already a significant improvement from that New 52 costume.

Superman and batman both look better with "underwear" on the outside of their costumes

While I didn't like the New 52 DC Animated movies, I did like the Wonder Woman costume that appeared in them.

>outdated

Why the fuck would a superhero give a shit about that? It's a costume, not a fashion statement. No one gave a shit about the trunks until they even got rid of it. A staple of a 70 year costume, and NOW people are saying this bullshit?

Seriously, it's like they're making his costume look bad on purpose. Fuck, Reign of the Superman is still one of the best costumes in years.

70 years ago it was ok to lynch uppity niggers and women couldn't vote, doesn't mean it was good or right.

It doesnt?

I love some of Rebirthed costumes. Like Ravage. Especially her shoes.

And Chinaman looks awesome, too.

Even if he's without trunks.

Don't you mean Captain Communist?

There, I fixed it.

doc shaner truly draws one of the best supermen, trunks or otherwise, his work needs no fixing imo

I only meant the costume, here's original.

>outdated

You do realize it was never in, right? People didn't walk around like that on the reg in the late 30s

i like it all apar from the octagon logo, the should have reworked it and put the chinese stars as one piece instead of sticking it on thes houlder

Captain Communist will always be Red Guardian, to me, of course.
Top right, right? Yeah, I'm fan of that one. If it had Chinese letter instead of capitalist pig S, it'd be neater.