Reminder that Nickelodeon made the bomb format first and CN just named it

Reminder that Nickelodeon made the bomb format first and CN just named it.

youtube.com/watch?v=r6ajMk5dKtw

Why do studios think rushing all their new episodes out and then going on month long hiatuses is somehow better than a weekly format? Do they WANT streaming services to kill them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hI0SikMwvys
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>airing a bunch of episodes in one week is something that was invented in 2005
user please go

>Why do studios think rushing all their new episodes out and then going on month long hiatuses is somehow better than a weekly format? Do they WANT streaming services to kill them?

Their marketing departments have metrics that say the "bomb" format gives them higher ratings.

>Never said invented
>Only said Nick did it before CN

Nice try at trying to be a smartass, though.

wtf I hate steven universe now?

Is this a question?

But CN popularized it

Who gives a shit if you invented it if you don't popularize it

See: T. Edison

Id like to see those metrics and I don't want to see just a .3 increase in viewers cause that sounds like bullshit

Since the primary audience is kids, I can see that. They'll forget or take it for granted week after week and slowly drift away, but with the bomb format, every new episode is a big event that they won't miss. Makes sense that it's really only cartoons and kids shows that use that format.

how can steven universe rip off Nickelodeon like this
wtf?
I'm literally shaking. I can't even...

>every new episode is a big event that they won't miss
This doesn't really work for comedic shows like Clarence, Gumball, We Bare Bears, etc.

So like, most of CN's shows unless they force an arc into it like what Regular Show is doing.

>Tune in tomorrow, we’ll rap at you some more.
>There’s 150, so watch Monday Through Friday.
>You’ll catch ‘em all!
get on my level

it sort of works. and then, it sort of doesn't.. because what ends up happening with, say, adventure time, is we have 10 episodes with a somewhat tenuous link to an arc (roughly on par with homestarrunner's "DNA Evidence" running gag) and then because of the bomb, all this hype builds up in a single week, instead of over the course of a few months.
Then when Orgalorg comes out, it's underwhelming to people... even though it was a fine episode, it couldn't possibly live up to that weeklong hype train

Why would someone record this and put it on Youtube?

>But CN popularized it
>CN
>popular

CN calls it a "bomb" because its always ratings bomb compared to Nick or Disney

Not that user, but what are you talking about?

He's exaggerating / lying to create a joke that utilises the dual usage of the word bomb to mean a lot at once and to receive poor ratings.

I read an old post on the MLaaTR blog that nickelodeon had also done a bomb for that show.

The main difference is when nickelodeon did a bomb they didnt tell anyone

> Nickelodeon made the bomb format first
>made
He directly implied that you fucking moron.

Yeah I remember disliking it when the last season of Danny Phantom did it too.
So much so that I never finished the series.

I'll probably keep watching SU becuase Sup Forums and I'm here almost daily

Implication is still cause enough for doubt you faggot who for some reason wants to defend his shit post so hard.

>Showing a bunch of episodes at once
>Going on long hiatuses
mfw I realize DBZ on YTV as a kid was the first bomb I cared about, and it was a terrible experience.

The idea is that bombs create a lot of word of mouth, increasing overall ratings.

It's not saying much that a Stevenbomb boosts ratings when 95% of CN's airtime is TTG.

kek nice one user

It's slowly improving. I remember when we'd see 10+ hours of TTG in a day. It's about 8 or 6 now?

CN didn't name it. The Crewniverse named it, the term Stevenbomb was invented online by the staff of Steven universe, not any official commercials or anything. And then the term bomb was mimicked by the Teen Titans Go! crew, which didn't really make a lot of sense because "Stevenbomb" was a reference to a specific moment in Steven universe.
youtube.com/watch?v=hI0SikMwvys

I still find it funny how Steven Universe fans like to convince themselves despite SU getting shitty ratings that it's super popular because it's popular on tumblr

Seriously though The bomb thing makes no sense I'd much rather wait a week for each new episode and then have a much shorter hiatus, instead I don't even bother watching the 'bomb' and watch it on a streaming site later.

The only way I could imagine them thinking this is a good idea is maybe then they can get the re runs going out sooner for people who missed the episodes? Stupid yes but this is SU we're talking about.

Are they doing this all the time or only for summer? Maybe it's to capitalize on summer vacation?

SU's ratings are lower now, but it's now the highest rating show on CN. All of their other shows are plummeting hard.

K

Nah. I remember Fox doing something similar with Season 1 of Digimon.

I dunno, I can't really be bothered to give a shit about the show. Knowing the show will go on another 6 month hiatus after the episodes are over makes me just not give a shit about the show entirely. I mean, I'll torrent the episodes online, but I'm not supporting any show that does this shit.

Nickelodeonfags leave

It would honestly only work with an anime that had been going on forever. Digimon has enough episodes to feed a village.

Garnet really has some tough hair, it even keeps its shape even after Steven drops onto it.