X-men

Trying to find an X-men comic to read that starts from the beginning, one that came out more recently than the 90's, any suggestions?

pic irrelevant

Last volume for X-Men Legacy is nice.
X-Force before Marvel Now! was also a great read.

Ultimate X-Men

why would anyone read a comic more recent than the 90s? that's like listening to music more recent than the 70s

modern art deserves appreciation just as much as historic art

X-Force/X-Statix

Start with X-Force #116, then switch to X-Statix when X-Force finishes. #116 was a complete reboot, so you're getting the start of the story. New characters, entirely new team, new writer, new artist. It's basically an issue 1.

Endangered Species, Dark X-Men, new volumes of X-Factor have come out after Mutant X ended in 2001

NEW MUTANTS. It's the best stuff from THE 80's. 90's X-Men is overrated and often times poorly written. Claremont's shit is where its at. Top Tier Demon Sorceress waifus. Also Sienkiewicz's is the best ive seen in ages.

Old X-Factor is pretty great too, even the rocky first 6 issues is decent compared to some really bad stuff.

That picture got me interested.
Is the whole thing worth a read or just some issues?

I'm sold
so down for some Mark Millar

Giant Size X-Men #1> Uncanny X-Men #94 onwards

The first 80 issues are good give or take a few fill ins. It starts with a solo graphic novel that was written by Chris Claremont that takes place deep into 80's X-Men. It's a teenager book about growing up and all that shit, but it was better written than most other comics at the time. The cast is large (as you can tell with the photo) but all the characters mesh really well together and work. the Characters are kinda like if there was a Mass Effect Comic, they all know each other and there are no bad combinations. I could talk about New Mutants Vol 1 forever. I'd start with the New Mutants graphic Novel and maybe Vol 1 to see if you like it. If you know X-Men at all, this is the first series to star, Magik, Cannonball, Mirage and Sunspot.

This

Continued
After about 60 issues, Claremont leaves and Louise Simonson started writing. Definitely not as good, but still some top tier shit. It takes her a few issues to figure out the cast but they get figured out. At the same time Bret Blevins started on art. Hes ok, definitely no Sienkiewicz but still decent. Around issue 80 shit gets derailed by Marvel editorial and it basically slowly starts becoming X-Factor. That means they are either the best or worst issues in the whole series, depending on who you ask.

thanks for the info. been meaning to read this but havent gotten around to it and the TPB appears to be more than 70 dollars used on amazon. sooner or later i guess. i think warlock and doug ramsey are going to be my favorite characters

>warlock
You are correct.

Doug and Warlock are fantastic. Im pretty sure most of the series is on Marvel Unlimited. Try ebay or amazon, ive seen some of them for 20 bucks. Its my all time favorite comic's series.

Plus New Mutants volume 3 (at least, the first half) is one of the best series of the past 10 years

Vol 3 was fucking rad. 2 was ehhh ok. Needs more Sam. I mean at least it had a ton of Danny.

it doesn't though, because it sucks.

Spider-man teaching x-kids was pretty great

POST BEST X-Men ART
Bill Sienkiewicz Bill Sienkiewicz Bill Sienkiewicz Bill Sienkiewicz Bill Sienkiewicz Bill Sienkiewicz

Glob Herman might be my favorite post Gen X Mutant ever.