Excuse me, do we look Mexican to you?

Excuse me, do we look Mexican to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_4XiHSVoE_0
belcherfoundation.org/belcher-name.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I'm pretty sure they aren't white.

They look like poor-ass Italians.

Aren't they Mediterraneanish in background?

No need to repeat yourself.

>77 days until season 7

Isn't Bob Puerto Rican and Linda Jewish?

the creator said they are ambiguously swarthy.

>Bob's Tacos

When Fishoeder asks Bob what he is Bob says "American".
I'm not sure if Bob was being confrontational or oblivious.

they're ambiguously north eastern anerican

All I know is that Linda isn't white. You see according to Sup Forums (experts on whiteness), because middle ground skin tones (shades of tan), the one and only true way to tell if someone is white is by the color of their nipples. Linda's nipples are brown (according to Teddy), thus Linda isn't white.

i'm mexican and i thought they were latino.

they're either latino, Mediterranean, or middle eastern.

I legitimately thought they were until I watched the show.

> Linda's nipples are brown

Someone been paying close attention since season one.

Didn't the One Eyed Snakes say they had some white supremacist connection? I assumed that the Belchers where of some European/Mediterranean decent because of that.

You do know nipples change their shade (generally darker) as women age with pregnancy defintely taking a part in it right?

>what you thought was going to be pink wasn't

Daily reminder that Sup Forums won't ever amount to anything and you're better off slitting your wrists because you'll always be perma virgins.

Honestly kind of a missed opportunity to not give them some sort of specific heritage, don't think it would've affected the show or its success much at all and maybe would've given it a little flavor and added some additional story opportunities. Though I can understand why Loren Bouchard (as a half-Jewish white guy) who had the (white) voice cast picked out already when creating the characters wouldn't want to put himself in the place of speaking for the Latino community (or w/e).

They're up to 7 now? Jesus christ, 3 and 4 were ass.

Identity politics are cancer. I can't stand when people say:

>"You'll never understand what it means to be _______."

Can't we just enjoy the show for having well written characters?

Really odd that you'd say that considering season 1 is different and very weak in comparison to the rest, season 3 is simply settling into the routine set by season 2, and every subsequent season has been comfortably continuing that. I've been keeping current with the show since it started and I've noticed no significant shift in tone or drop in quality, though the amount of standout episodes varies from season to season.

Yeah, no. 3 and 4 were flanderized, character de-developing garbage. "Settling into a routine"? You mean rehashing the same tired jokes over and over.

True, it's a pretty simple comfy show that doesn't get into politics or shit like that at all anyway.
But they're just "ambiguously brown", which makes me curious. If they were white I wouldn't bring such a thing up

Pretty sure they Say they beat up white supremacist

So much this. Leave the Belchers ambiguously swarthy.

season 7 this year and season 8 next year

I always thought they were greek or something.

before I watched the show I assumed bob had some kind of heavy accent

I legit never thought about their race until you guys started talking about it.

They look hispanic but more in the European Spaniard way and not the Mestizo Indian way

>What are those pretty buttons?
>Oh, these patches? Well, we got this one for tickling a cop.
>Cool! What's that one for?
>For not being associated with the white power movement.
>And what's that one for?
>For blowing up a bunch of balloons for kids like you.

That's really false, this show has a tremendous amount of character development, as of season 6 at least Tina and Louise are much more complex, interesting characters than they used to be. Season 1 Louise feels like a prototype (and she used to be way more annoying and evil) and Tina's increase in confidence is astounding, and it's all directly related to events that have happened to them throughout the show.
Not sure what "rehashed jokes" you're referring to but the show has a very specific feel to its writing (in part because much of the dialogue is improvised and comes from the actors' chemistry) and it makes it familiar and like spending time with a real family. The show always feels sort of the same regardless of the plot, sure, but it's actually a thing I like about it

But you're in Sup Forums too.

I think they have Armenian in them, or something. Pretty sure Linda is Jewish.

I dunno. They look white to me.

Better Bob coming through

Yeah but white people don't exist according to Sup Forums

moar cosplay

Kinda greekish.
Maybe.

Unfortunate that their Gene is too old

happy Louises warm my heart

They're totally greek or italian.

youtube.com/watch?v=_4XiHSVoE_0
Best cosplay coming through.

Mediterranean

Swarthy

i'm thinking greek, they definitely arent italian because they would have complained a lot more about jmmy pesto and his fake italian persona

I thought Belcher was a german name. I dunno Linda's maiden name so not sure about her.

John Roberts based his voice for Linda off of his very loud Italian mother. So Linda's Italian?

French, says google.

belle chere gambit.jpg

Give several examples.

>You see according to Sup Forums
Nobody is white according to Sup Forums
Celts are potato niggers
Mediterraneans are pasta niggers
Germanics are mountain niggers
Slavs are borsch niggers
Scandis are nigger lovers
Franco Belgians are surrender niggers
Anglos are rain niggers
Balts are snow niggers
Nobody in America or Australia is white

Basically nowhere is white other than Argentina

Aren't they all like Indian or Arab or something? That's what I usually thought.

strangely, Bob has answered in the negative to suggestions that he's... nearly everything he could possibly be. Like, he straight up said they AREN'T mediterranean. which is kinda weird. I'm thinking maybe he was just stringing words together, because my headcanon is that he's got some north african blood in him, and is generally french. belcher's a french name. meanwhile yeah linda is just jersey-italian which also has mediterranean in there.

or just, yknow, because it doesn't matter.. once you're american you're in. you speak american, you're american. we don't care anymore where your ancestors came from, or ours. no outside loyalties or attachments. been that way for centuries now.

bouchard did the same thing with wordgirl, it's nice letting characters just be 'some kind of brown'. and even better she's adopted and she's just a slightly different kind of brown.

So we've seen a glimpse of Bob's childhood. I kinda like to see an episode about what Linda and Gayle were like growing up. We don't even know what Linda's maiden name was. Which would be same as Gayle's current name, which we also don't know.

All I remember is Linda is supposed to be of Greek and Jewish descent.

They're supposed to be your typical inner-city family from the north east, so they're probably a bit of everything from throughout Europe. IIRC Belcher is an actual French surname.

when you type it out like that you kinda lose the meaning where he's sanitizing each patch for the kids' freakin' ears

0/8 b8

The first half of season one was bad. The 2nd half was the first steps to being the best cartoon.

First two seasons are incredible. After that, it's frustratingly inconsistent.

I actually felt season 6 had the most misses since early season 1. First time I didn't like the Thanksgiving episode and the couch episode was just awful. The Hauntening and the finale were amazing though.

That was my point.
Either Bob has the same mindset as you or he genuinely didn't get that Fishoeder meant his ethnicity.

those episodes had a lot of good points, but they were just.... from the perspective of us actually being attached to these people, it was terrible. it's something south park could do, but not this show. not these people we fucking love so much. seeing their thanksgiving ruined and their finances pointlessly drained HURTS.

They look like some kind of bizarre worm-people with no chins.

so either confrontational, oblivious, or thinks it's irrelevant. that sounds like the bob we know.
actually did you mean non-confrontational?

new to western animation? you've got about a century to catch up on. buckle your seatbelt, it aint pretty, for the most part.

>implying they're not white
they're obviously eastern euro.

I stoped at season 3, 'cause at season 4 Tina and Gene voices were changed in latin american dub. And i fucking loved latin american dub.

Actually now that I think about it, the B-plot with Linda and the kids trying to salvage Thanskgiving was alright, it was just the A-plot that soured it. If Gayle hadn't faked her injury they wouldn't have had to do that.

And yeah, I know they're not doing great money-wise but I've gotten the impression that business has gotten better for them the past few seasons and them never really getting anything "nice" because of the status quo is ridiculous. It's not like The Simpsons' couch, they can fucking get a new one. Also kind of disappointed that Louise's fish doesn't seem to be canon, but I don't think they showed the inside of her room since that episode.

did they at least get a man to voice laTina?

Or Bob just doesn't know. A lot of Americans know jack shit about their ancestry, and don't care enough to find out anything about it.

Is this worth a watch?

oh THAT one. actually i thought it was the b-plot that was depressing.. though it was SO relatable. i'm a good chef (not bob-tier, but good) and i've known that shit too well. when something just... gets away from you, and every attempt to fix it makes it worse and makes it impossible for it to ever come out right. actually i still experience that, i just got a new carbon steel wok and my attempts to season it have resulted in a sticky brown sludge that refuses to come out.
of course i also related to bob's snowtrudge.. but he WON that one as far as i'm concerned. and gayle was hilarious. i find myself loving hating her. it's just too bad they fucked up the order so that episode spoiled her relationship with mr frond.
i like to think next year she gets one of those shark-looking fish and a proper aquarium

I don't know about the current one, but the original and cool one was indeed a man.

true! which ties in with that american 'fuckit you're american' attitude even more.
honestly the only interest i have in mine is genetic. i dont give any shits about family i'm connected to, they're aliens to me.

it has offbeat humor that polarizes people a lot
did you like home movies or science court? you'll like this.
beyond that it's just a nice sweet family sitcom about a bunch of goofballs that genuinely love each other unlike a lot of sitcom families today.

Guess you convinced me to watch it then, thanks.

>tfw no foot feta-ish burger

>it's just a nice sweet family sitcom about a bunch of goofballs that genuinely love each other unlike a lot of sitcom families today.
This is the whole reason I watch it. It's a refreshing change of pace.

>i just got a new carbon steel wok and my attempts to season it have resulted in a sticky brown sludge that refuses to come out

Run that shit dry until it catches fire and then become ash then start over after a quick polish with steel wool and if you say that it'll warp the bottom I will come there and kick your ass for getting a shitty american flat bottom version.

every single thing about them is just comfy. their failures, their utter, UTTER lack of sophistication, ego, or pride.. the way they haven't given up on life but have utterly accepted its realities. people on Sup Forums like to throw fits anytime a show talks about farts or poo, but this show actually does it in a "yeah, people do that" way. the joke isn't HAHA FARTS ARE FUNNY it's oh yeah. people fart, and that can be embarrassing for them. oh man, that's totally a time that might happen.. haha. that's something i recognize from my life.

I feel like they're most likely either Greek or Southern Italian

look i went back and forth on the bottom thing, but I heard some bad reviews of the ring-adapters, and I wanted to be able to move the pan AROUND, yknow? not just be limited to that one spot. I was hoping the flat bottom would be small, maybe 4 inches across, but it ended up being more like 7, on a 14-inch wok. it's not too bad but I can see why it's not generally reccommended

also, really? i have to start over? naw man naw this is just gonna.. this is gonna become a proper seasoning over time, yeah? fuck.. i don't have any steel wool anyway. maybe i'll take a non-soapy sponge to it and step back a bit and try reseasoning again.
anyway why would that warp the bottom? if anything i'd like it to be warped a bit.
my only real disappointment is it doesnt seem to get as hot as i was hoping, and i have a ROCKING gas range here. the whole reason i wanted it. it seems to get hot, but when I fill the entire thing with a bunch of wet vegetables and noodles and marinated meat, it's not able to flash evaporate all that moisture like I was hoping. I guess in the end the high specific heat capacity of water has beaten me once again

Agreed. It's always bothered me that most fart jokes feature the fart itself as the punchline. This show goes out of its way to come up with as many ways to talk about the fart as possible, many times without hearing a fart at all.

Never thought I'd be discussing fart jokes online on a Sunday night, but here we are. Life is funny like that.

now of course once in a while a fart can be a good punchline, as that's basically its biological function.. but you can really only do it once. i remember family guy, back in its classic days, had a fart as a non-sequitur punchline once or twice and it was funny.. particularly because one was really long and squeaky, and it was one of those 'don't know what else to say, something fill the silence' moments, which made it work better.
then there was stewie TRYING to fart as an insult and bursting a blood vessel from the strain. that was good. as if the writers were like 'well nope, we've exhausted that now'

Woks need very intense heat to properly stir fry and their geometry is based around that, most American stoves can't into that level, even the nicer ones as they tend to focus more on control once it gets to a certain price point instead of power. My mom used a propane burner when me and my family were kids but it was a small house in southern Florida with no AC and a dinky electric stove so it's not as if she needed much reason to cook outside.

There's a neat attachment called the Wokman in the works that concentrates heat but a knock off made with a stainless steel dog dish and a dremel shouldn't be hard to make.

No but confrontational probably wasn't the right word for it.

>concentrate the heat
i mean, all the heat is going straight into the bottom of the wok, what more concentration does it need? it's not like you can multiply it or anything. not like this is a hose where the right nozzle can make it able to strip paint, the speed of the burning gas isn't the problem

ohhh i see, it puts it all right in the very center. ehh i don't really think that SHOULD be necessary.. as it is this burner of mine is maybe only 4 inches across, the fire is still hitting the bottom. and if it wasnt i could just move it around a lot as it's heating up. besides, heating the just-outside-of-the-bottom is part of the idea too, right? you want to heat the whole damn thing and let the heat move throughout the metal and shit.. that way you can use the sides too.. right? otherwise why even have sides..

the sides are mainly there to keep shit that done cooking in the pan and to allow for flipping and such, the bottom bit is what does most of the cooking, hence the round shape.

well fuck me. in any case i'm looking this shit up now and APPARENTLY concentrating it is important.. sooooo first i'm going to try using a narrower flame (that is an option on this stove) and second i'm going to see about making some kind of burner thingy like this guy suggests.. just cutting the bottom off of a steel bowl.

belcherfoundation.org/belcher-name.htm
Seems legit

all bob's burgers threads are /ck/, dummy. are you brand new to Sup Forums?

Not really. I can remember a time when all Bob's Burgers threads were completely ignored.

'Twas a dark time...

I'm curious how the Latin dub dealt with the Spanish love song.

By the way if you have a ceramic stove finish the concentrator might fuck it up because of thermal expansion.

Probably French. That's how they normally do it.

ohshii
i have no idea what my stove is made of, it's that same shiny white hard to clean enamel shit that requires oven cleaner when shit gets burnt on it.. but I don't wanna ruin it. maybe if i put the little metal bowl on a ceramic ring or something to shield it from the heat.

Ugh I just realized the irony, the ideal concentrator would be one of those little inner bowl things from an electric stove, with the hole in the bottom

That makes sense, I guess. Is there a reason or just becasue it sounds nice?

Just try with a cheapo butane burner.