>Batman Returns
>dark, edgy, and well loved

>Batman v Superman
>dark, edgy, and hated

What happened?

Sup Forums answer? Shills
Real answer? Bad plot and storyline

>dark, edgy, well loved
You're forgetting it still had fun moments too. Penguin literally drove a rubber-duck mobile.
BvS just took itself too damn seriously.

>What happened?
Batman Returns was actually good.

Also Tim Burton is really good (or at least was back then) at making dark theme'd works that still managed to be somewhat cartoonish without being too silly, a story about a man running around in a rubber bat suit was something his style worked with perfectly.

Competent filmmaking is the only deciding factor in a movie's quality.

Was the Penguin a kind of proto Frank Reynolds?

Batman Returns was pretty good for a Batman movie. It captured the feel of Gotham well, I liked how it was set during Gotham's winter. Penguin wasn't too in-accurate. He did a lot of things that captured the Penguin spirit like having gun-umbrellas, hypnotic umbrellas, having a giant rubbie duckie. I always like the nasty foul mannered Penguin more than the gentlemanly Penguin.

If it was, it was not intentional. I think it's just common traits of characters that DeVito must like to play.

>winter

Sorry for off topic but why aren't more movies set around Christmas anymore?

Penguin Lives Matter

What are you talking about?
Did you forget Ironman 3 was a Christmas comedy?

Most people don't see Christmas as a time to tell serious stories anymore so most studio's stopped trying and banished the holiday to cheesy holiday special hell.

Snow is probably a pain in the ass to film in.

Maybe trying to separate from Christianity. Maybe because people only feel like buying Christmas themed DVDs during Christmas time. I don't really feel like watching Christmas themed movies during the rest of the year. I wouldn't want to watch Jingle All the Way or Die Hard right now during July.

I like how Batman Returns was set on Christmas. Its a common theme for Batman that the holidays are always ruined because of villains. And holidays are something to be feared instead of celebrated in Gotham.

The setting and feel of Burton's movies were great

cape movies nowadays feel so bland, if Batman Returns was made today people would criticize it for being "too silly"

Also Danny Elfman's Batman theme is the official music for Batman as far as I'm concerned

Sensitive Jews and Irrational Muslims

>Batman Returns OST
Holy fuck it was so good

Danny DeVito is one of those actors that you don't hire to play a character, you hire him and he comes on set and just acts like Danny DeVito.

I prefer the Burton films to this day, just because of how "Batman" they feel.

There's a lot about Burton's Batman films that I don't like, but the production design isn't one of them. To this day, it remains the iconic representation of Gotham City for me.

art deco batman is best batman

>Also Danny Elfman's Batman theme is the official music for Batman as far as I'm concerned
As far as the Lego games are concerned, too, which makes me very happy.

I AM AN OTHERKIN

Hi.

I believe the word you're looking for is.."AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGH!"

Islam.

But really I hate movies set around Christmas time. It's lazy and almost always try to hammer home some dumb message that it doesn't properly explain. I just hate holiday specials in general.

>You're forgetting it still had fun moments too. Penguin literally drove a rubber-duck mobile.

>Hurr muh fun
The stupid shit is why Returns sucks in the first place.
>Catwoman being brought back to life by magical cats
>Penguin having a telepathic link to penguins because....yesh

Fucking stupid, "fun" is not an excuse for utter stupidity

BvS didn't have Michelle Pfeifer wearing a latex suit.

>being mad that a Tim Burton movie has magical realism

Were you also mad that Edward Scissorhands or Big Fish weren't realistic either?

If it was realistic it wouldn't be fun. There needs to be surrealisim in a setting like batman's.

>Catwoman being brought back to life by magical cats
Was she though?

Or did she miraculously survive her fall and go through a gigantic mental breakdown afterwards.

Those cats? Probably starving alley cats looking to eat a fresh corpse. They even start chewing on a finger.

>Batman cartoon styled after the movies
>Blonde catwoman and DeVito Penguin
fucking synergy

>1992 Sup Forums

They wouldn't put me on a pedestal so I'm laying em on a slab!

>Were you also mad that Edward Scissorhands or Big Fish weren't realistic either?

What do either of those have to do with Sup Forums? Fuck off to Sup Forums

>If it was realistic it wouldn't be fun.
It doesn't need to be fun, there is absolutely no reason for Catwoman to need to be an undead cat deity brought back to life the the magical cat cult after being KILLED. You're an idiot pal.

>Danny DeVito is one of those actors that you don't hire to play a character,

Someone's never seen Heist.

youtube.com/watch?v=McQT-XH3wGA

I cried during Twins.

I know this is bait, but I just want you to know it's really really bad bait. I'm disappointed you couldn't do better and I want you to consider why you're doing this in the first place. is this really the best use of your time?

Well then the question still stands.

Shut the fuck up, Oswald.

Underrated post

His nose is gushing blood!

I'm Muslim and I don't have a problem with movies set in snow or during Christmas

shut up, captain britain.
this is a dc thread.

Same
They capture the comic feel and have a really accurate batman
That's why I didn't like the Nolan trilogy, it felt more like a cop detective movie than a superhero one

Heh
I'm Tunisian and fuck you I like DC don't tell me what to do

I just watched Returns last week for the first time. Mostly I think what made it good was Tim Burton knows how to set a scene. It felt like a comic making things over the top, while managing to keep an air of believability.
I can't really judge BvS since I haven't seen it yet

>go to the beach
>get shot

>go to Sup Forums
>get triggered

I feel you

Can I offer you a nice egg in this tryin' time?