So we can all agree this is David Lynch's version of the Star Wars Prequels right?

So we can all agree this is David Lynch's version of the Star Wars Prequels right?

That would be Fire Walk With Me. Showtime Twin Peaks is more like Rogue One.

No, but I would never expect a person who unironically likes Star Wars to appreciate it.

Unlike the Star Wars prequels, Twin Peaks Season 3 is a) actually funny, b) actually has competent cinematography, c) is completely in line with the original style (off-beat humor, surrealist filmmaking, parodying television tropes, subverting expectations of the audience, etc., everything that made Twin Peaks great is in the new season).

>FWWM is bad

wew lad

I love the original trilogy, Force Awakens, every episode of Twin Peaks S3 so far, and most of Lynch's films.

No, this is even better than the original first two seasons, he's going all out now.

What a stupid fucking comparison. Neck yourself OP.

Yes it is true. But don't tell that to the normies and redditors or they'll violently sperg out.

I think it's great but, we can definitely agree that Lynch might have the worst fanbase of any director.

>Unlike the Star Wars prequels, Twin Peaks Season 3 is a) actually funny, b) actually has competent cinematography, c) is completely in line with the original style (off-beat humor, surrealist filmmaking, parodying television tropes, subverting expectations of the audience, etc., everything that made Twin Peaks great is in the new season).

It's just so slow and boring and all the characters except for Gordon Cole and Albert are flanderized to hell and back, even worse than they were in s2. All of the music except for the credits at the Bang Bang Bar is just edgy shit that isn't anywhere near as good as the original score and there really is nothing funny that's happened.

It's very much like the prequels in that it was
1. Highly anticipated for more than twenty years by fans of the original so the story could be complete

2. Given a way bigger budget because the studio that made it expected it to be a huge hit (which it is to be fair)

3. Ruined by a director who, because he was so nuetered on the original and given so much freedom on the new one, has gone so excessively far off the rails that it's completely unlike the original and features none of its good qualities as I stated earlier

>most of Lynch's films
Justify yourself

Dune was a bad film, something that Lynch himself admits.

In the sense that it's a crazy person given full control of a product to an insane degree. But Lynch and Lucas are different kinds of crazy.

>there really is nothing funny that's happened
>Dougie Jones, a blatant callback to Nadine and Ben losing their memories
>over-the-top midget murderer scene
>Dr. Jacoby's golden shovels to dig yourself out of the shit
>is it about the chocolate bunnies?
>Wally Brando
>Lucy freaking out over cell phones
>Frank's wife
>Jerry getting high in the forrest
>Ben and Jerry in general
>the hipster stroking his goatee in response to seeing a kid get run over

What about this is not in the spirit of Twin Peaks?

>2. Given a way bigger budget because the studio that made it expected it to be a huge hit (which it is to be fair)

The return is most definitely not a hit. Viewership is pathetically bad compared to other showtime shows. The only thing it's doing well in is slightly increasing showtime's streaming subs.

Not really. They both have had their "good" madness turn into just plain schizophrenia in their old age. Why do you think Inland Empire is so shitty?

Mulholland Drive is probably going to be the last good Lynch project we ever get

No. Episode 8 is probably going to be better than any piece of television or film to come out this year.

No, not even close. If you seriously think the artistic merits of episode 8 are comparable to anything from the Star Wars prequels you are lynched.

I wanted to really like it, but is mediocre at best. I'll still watch it all the way because fuck it, but it's mostly filler. Also, he probably should've spent more in the graphics department and less on his music friends cameos.

FWWM is superior to the show though, holy fuck I pity you

>filler
Is there a plebbier word than this?

Imagine being this dumb

There's literal critical acclaim every single place except on here, so regardless of what we feel about it: no.

Its taken people fucking decades to come around to season 2 and fire walk with me. Why the fuck do you turds think you're going to be able to digest this shit immediately?

Sorry, but there is literal filler for half of each episode. A 10 minute Nine Inch Nails performance comes to mind. A 10 minute broom sweeping scene. Let me guess, I got Lynched?

I still want to watch the entire thing before judging it completely and the last episode seemed to be finally moving things along. It's not terrible, but idk maybe it'll be better on a future rewatch when I don't have to wait a week between each episode.

>being a brainlet

>come around to season 2
Fake news. Season 2 is still considered shit outside of the first few episodes and the finale.

I like the show too but critical acclaim is meaningless.

Not an argument, David.

>a 10 minute broom sweeping scene

And you were rewarded with the knowledge that Becky's a prostitute.

I can't watch This Pile of cock any longer.

Why is everyone a retard now wtf is this shIT

I just finished episode 5555 and I had to come TO tell you all I'M UNHAPPY WITH THIS FUCK

gay vid wince is the worst director of all tim

Except the TV & Film intelligentsia consensus is that Season 2 is better than Season 1.

Remove yourself

no u

>most of the scenes on ep 8 were just repeating astronomy stock videos with a different color filter
>literally nothing happens until the last 10-20 minutes of the episode when the lodge hobo stuff happens
I've literally watched and enjoyed every single lynch film (even Inland Empire), but it doesn't take a genius to see they're cutting corners in most episodes by filling the episodes with filler. Why the fuck do we need to see stars explode for 5 minutes straight, why the fuck do we need to zoom in to a lodge window for a whole minute straight, why the fuck do we need to see some idiot fuck drag his broom around a bar for 3 minutes straight? Let me brace myself for the incoming LYNCHED and KINO mouth breathers
Never had to take the time to digest anything about Season 1 or 2 of TP, not even FWWM.

>3. Ruined by a director who, because he was so nuetered on the original and given so much freedom on the new one, has gone so excessively far off the rails that it's completely unlike the original and features none of its good qualities as I stated earlier
The problem with this comparison is that Lynch has made several movies on his own with full creative control that were great. Lucas only had Star Wars and showed that he couldn't work alone while Twin Peaks was the only thing in decades Lynch has done where he didn't have full control.

>Why do you think Inland Empire is so shitty?
By shitty I suppose you mean that it's his best work.

>A three and a half hour long student film shot on low-res digital video with abhorrent cinematography
>best

It's 3 hours, not 3.5. And yeah, you heard me. At least you brought up something besides complaining about the plot but yeah, the cinematography is different than what you normally see but it isn't bad and just adds to the disturbing nature of the film. It being shot digitally is the reason it exists in the first place. The movie wouldn't have been made if Lynch didn't decide to use that camera.

And yeah, it's my favorite Lynch movie.

>I've literally watched and enjoyed every single lynch film (even Inland Empire), but it doesn't take a genius to see they're cutting corners in most episodes by filling the episodes with filler. Why the fuck do we need to see stars explode for 5 minutes straight, why the fuck do we need to zoom in to a lodge window for a whole minute straight, why the fuck do we need to see some idiot fuck drag his broom around a bar for 3 minutes straight? Let me brace myself for the incoming LYNCHED and KINO mouth breathers

Why not? If Lynch constrained his vision under your arbitrary conventions he'd never make anything original or his own. Why can't there be space for a 3 minute scene of a guy sweeping? It's not like the entire show is filled with that. People that kvetch about Lynch's creative choices are simply boorish. He's giving us a mystery and having fun with it.

I can enjoy slow stuff but I still skipped forward twice so far. Once with the bar sweeping and once with the NIN full song scene just now.

Fucking this. I've seen no good reason why this had to be 18 hours.

There's nothing mysterious, creative, or fun about the floor sweeping scene. It was stupid.

Why would Lynch lobby for double the episodes if he was just going to put filler in them? Filler doesn't mean long scenes that you don't like. There's nothing to fill. Lynch wanted 18 hours instead of 9 and everything he puts into the show is purposeful and not just to fill time even if you don't like it. It's the same with people who yell filler for music on albums. Filler is used to fill time but if your album is over an hour long that isn't just filling time to make it a standard length and even if you don't think there's a purpose to some songs on the album (or in this instance scenes in the show) the creator deemed them necessary.

Those aren't by nature demerits, necessarily, and lynch chose specifically that aesthetic because no other format corresponds as thematically well in lieu of the subject matter. It's perfectly fitting, and that, as well as the run time, are essential to the experience of the mood, atmosphere, and setting Lynch was trying to create. So, you can't really knock him for that.

The scene itself isn't stupid; your assessment of it is because you're trying to jam it like a square into a circular hole.

David Lynch is on another plane of realty. His mind works faster than normal. He has to slow down to function at all. Dougie is Lynch.

Sorry, I meant autistic.

What I'm saying is, there's space for scenes such as this, just as there is in life. It's like a breather. Not every moment has to be saturated, and it opens up for contrast.

Showtime has said thar each episode pulls about 2 million+ viewers through streaming. You're basing that viewership off of TV broadcast numbers which are vert skewed.

so it was basically like a commercial break?

unequivocally no

>avantgarde art that doesn't concern itself with traditional narratives and despite continuing an older story almost entirely disregards any nostalgia or fanservice
Yeah exactly like the Star Wars prequels, you are right.

my 2 cents:

>pretty fucking good so far
>hate the cringy scuffed ass bands that have cameo's
>would have been better with sheriff harry truman
>epsiode 8 was basically a love letter to kubricks 2001 ASO and it was the best episode so far.
>too much dougie

no

>would have been better with sheriff harry truman
He was a terrible actor and a really bland character.

kys

go get the fucking fuck off with that shit.
cooper and truman are the best thing about tp1/2
the chemistry is lit af.