Why can't we have good half-hour anthology shows anymore?

Why can't we have good half-hour anthology shows anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZpKkHCVbSyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The modern audience is too sophisticated. We won't have soap operas in 20 years and pro-wrestling will be gone in 50. No sports will be televised at all in 75 years and in 100 years no one will even remember what television is.

AR is about to change the game. "Half-hour anthology shows"? Pah! You are clinging to a dying vine, friend. TTZ is a nice artifact of history but there's no point making something like it today.

shitty, lazy writing for dumber audience than ever. too much risk alienating viewers without the consistency of the same story, characters and actors every week.

In the late '50s TV was relatively new and a lot of film writers and novelists were getting into the game so you had a lot of talent that could come up with new sci fi ideas for each episode. Today TV is a dead medium with writers who don't have experience or skills to cross over into other mediums. Kind of like how people say TV has never had higher budgets but Miami Vice could get new hit songs by big artists while today's shows use nasty freeware banjo music

>The modern audience is too sophisticated.

Compare a Twilight Zone episode to any episode of Better Call Saul. Cinematography, acting, directing, costuming -- any aspect of filmmaking at all. Pick the worst BCS and pit it against the best TTZ. I dare you

Oh you are an American, I understand now.

truth

They don't make half hour shows anymore. They make hour long crap like black mirror but retarded british people made that so it sucks

I got more out of 'I, Claudius' than anything the USA has managed to produce for television in the last ten years. Get the fuck out of here with your bait posts.

>stale theatrical acting style
>outdated filming style
>doesn't capture the essence of the real characters it was based on
>augustus is a fat retard
Feel free to also pit the best ep of I CLAVDIVS vs the worst of BCS. No one will take the challenge :^)

Anthology shows require good writers and actors. Sitcoms require bazinga.

I love both shows but you can't really compare them. Its like tying to compare a novel to a bunch of different short stories with nothing connecting them.

Soon.

>Worst episode of BCS
Rebecca.
Meet chuck's wife. 35 minutes pass and we end with Hector bribing/threatening Mike.
Started watching the series all over again and my god that episode was pure filler.
Oh and you are gonna see that chubby lawyer who was spying on Jimmy again later on so this episode doesn't seem like it was all filler

Kinda sad how Rod ended up hating TV in general because advertising ruined the tension and pacing he tried to build in his TV show.
He liberally bitched about greedy advertising kikes and the reason he made the Twilight Zone in the first place was because he gave up trying to fight the network for pushing questionable content.

youtu.be/ZpKkHCVbSyw

oh yeah, and Kim got Mesa Verde for HHM

>[k-word]
This was a perfectly polite thread wherein posters held different opinions but disagreed using reason and logic. Then you came along and started posting ethno-religious slurs. Out of the blue. No one was doing that before your fetid post.

Your ilk are ruining this board. Please leave.

No

lole

You're in the wrong place

Have you ever watched the Twilight Zone? It's infinitely better than Better Milk Breaking Bad for All It's Worth

This isn't Sup Forums