Best transformers film in the series, by far

>best transformers film in the series, by far
>non stop action
>plot still requires you to turn off your brain, but Michael Bay understands this and it's the first plot to not take itself seriously

>worst reviewed film in the series

Is the age of critics dead? Transformers is no masterpiece but this movie is HARDLY a 15% and way better than any of the Shia shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDoKMSB212w&t=314s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are you insane?
they are the worst films ever produced by the hand of man

I didn't like 2nd act in London when plot became convoluted and focused on marlin's staff. also that doctor bitch was unnecessary. Little girl should be stated as next protagonist

still much better than 3 or 4 by far

I would say the plot is the one thing that's taken a downward turn in the Wahlberg movies. Both of them feel like two scripts stapled together instead of one straight-forward story.

None of them have ever had a plot to begin with.

Sure, I would agree, but at the same time it felt like Bay understands he can't do a good story, so he will just do a good enough one to get by.

I felt the awkward Cogman memes in the round table chamber was grossly out of place and awkward, but the rest of the movies humor seemed somewhat on point. Pacing good, but some of the plot weird.

When the London chase scene was happening, and you hear "Decepticon detected" and you just see Barricade ripping through the streets... Fuck I just knew this movie gave no fucks about consistency and wanted to just give us maximum fun

I felt the plot of this movie was far better than the first Wahlberg one. In Transformers 4 you never ever got a legitimate explanation for how Optimus ended up there, and all the stuff that led to the Beast Wars(ish) bots... Which is what the whole movie was sold on.

Atleast there were no glorify GREAT CHINA WITH KUNGFU PROWESS DEFEATING CAPITALIST PIGS or whatever going on

I somewhat disagree with this, she was hot but if they rewrote her to be a willing sidekick who wants to help this old British royal and a couple of awesome Transformers in the Witwickians find Merlins staff, it would have been super dope.

Her banter with Wahlberg was painful.

>non stop action
Nigga what, did you take a 15-minute bathroom break right before Mark Wahlberg arrived in London?

But yeah, this movie was fucking great, I'm probably going to watch it again some time.

>right before he arrives
>literally massive action scene involing getting chased out of the junk yard by TRF and their shit getting fucked up by the dinosaurs, Decepticon memes and the TRF drone chase sequence

Shit was pretty dope I don't know what movie you watched

How preachy does the movie get with the girl? Was that just one bad trailer or is it constant?

Not at all.

That's cool. That one trailer struck me as really odd for the transformers franchise. Good to know.

I realised I was done with this series at 2. I won't watch any more of them.

Not to spoil anything, but it's the same as Sam/Shia in the past. Reluctant to accept they have been involved but goes along with it anyways.

>mfw Megatron wasn't voiced by Hugo Weaving
Also I really hope Megatron will come back and actually be the big boss again instead of being ancillary and just withdrawing during the final act. He didn't do anything in this movie until he was kicked out of the window by Optimus after 20 seconds of battle.

She's barely in the movie, and the OP is fucking retarded.

>they keep putting megatron in as a side villain even if only for a few minutes
>as if no other decepticon is smart enough to do evil shit on their own

A number of characters are completely unnecessary. The plot is all over the place. The TRF, Megatron, and Quintessa don't all have to be villains: pick one. The humans have decided to side with Megatron to hunt down Autobots for some reason, even though the Autobots saved Earth numerous times and trying to tame Megatron last time nearly got everyone killed. The Witwican order thing is dumb, even by Transformers standards.

>and the OP is fucking retarded.

Explain yourself or your pents are revoked

>"We were brothers once."
>"Once."

>Beast Wars(ish) bots
dinobots, you plebeian

just watch it last night
it was not that bad . I like cogman the most
and the joke " huh-hah" for english gentleman is funny :D

thank god for in the end the main bad character is not dead like previous movies

Why was Optimus surprised to see Cybertron in ruins? He already knew what had happened.

Dinobot is a specific bot however,

And he would be the best fucking bot if he were included. He died so you could live.

>the baysformers look like junk
>so they live in a junkyard to blend in with the other junk
>this is actively referenced in the dialogue

It's shit like the past 3 movies but I can't really bring myself to hate this one.

>Megatron
>Hugo Weaving
u wot, m8?
Galvatron was voiced by original G1 Megatron VA in 4, Frank Welker, and was fucking awesome...and they brought him back as Megatron which is perfect.

He looks more like starscream in this picture

google dinobot, its not ONE bot.

I'm conflicted on this one, it's pretty Baykino up until they arrive in London and then the pace becomes all weird to me.

It really is two films crammed into one.
One of the best thing about it were the bots tho, lots of dialogue and interaction (compared to the last few movies). For the first time you had decepticons with ''personnalities'' but they all got BTFO
Lots of transformations, that was cool to because Age of Extinction was cheapnas fuck when it came to transformations.

>First result is the Predacon who we are talking about, our robot savior.
>Second result is the guys who aren't actually technically even in the MB films because they never transform

Good point m8

I think the pace only becomes weird because it doesn't reach return to form immediately after. The London sequence, once they just set the bare minimum of a story necessary to continue the plot, is then followed up by a really good chase scene and the whole PM's office shit, and that announcement Barricade is arriving was 10/10 smile inducing, but it didn't really do anything. I was expecting a huge transformers battle to occur in the streets.

Also the sub sequence was really dumb, I felt like we could have got more tension using a plane to fly to a remote island instead of the sub

But it cost me, what, 12 bucks to watch? The steak dinner I had after the movie cost me twice as much and it was genuinely shit

Well they are dinosaurs and bots, so dinobots. not sure why you brought up Beast Wars Dinobot as if he was the only dinobot ever.

>>non stop action
did you take some copius amount of drugs before you watched this flick?

it legitimately has 3 minutes of action in the entire fucking movie. the rest of the screentime is human characters yelling at each other

Point is we didn't get either of them. They are just machine dinosaurs. They aren't even transformers.

Mr. Bay, please fug off.

These movies are complete shit on every conceivable level, but I would be able to watch them if I could tell the transformers apart. In all the action they end up looking the same (like pieces of metal glued together).

>it legitimately has 3 minutes of action in the entire fucking movie

Why would you lie on the internet?

where the fuck did I lie?

>optimus killing the huge mega robot
5 seconds

>optimus vs bumblebee
1 minute

>optimus vs megatron
3 seconds

>bumblebee vs the 2 legged droid
2 seconds

>bumblebee vs the soldiers
10 seconds

>grimlock vs soldiers
1 second

>bumblebee vs barricade
1 minute

you're right. i lied. it has even less than 3 minutes of action in the entire movie

Oh okay if your description of "action" is only the exact moments there is an action explosion on screen, a guy shooting a gun but not the times between when he might be shooting looking for targets, when swords are physically clashing but not everything else and conveniently ignores everything else like the big car chase scene which alone was 3 minutes

Yeah sure okay the movie has less than 3 minutes of your completely arbitrary definition of action that would not pass any sort of semantic challenge, yeah.

by my 'arbitrary definition of action' transformers dark of the moon has almost 2 hours of action

I'm always amused by "good" reviews of films that just say negative things about it. See this on Rotten Tomatoes all the time as well.
>requires you to turn off your brain
>Transformers is no masterpiece
Dead giveaway that a film blows when the people who "like" it just say more bad things about it, followed up with some lame excuse why you should still see it.

What was the point of the talisman (Excalibur)?

Walberg was "the chosen one" but British girl was the one who had to wield the staff. There was only one scene in the film where it seemed to do anything and that is when it mad the ancient knight robots stop attacking, but then 30 seconds later they resumed attacking.

First half of the film it was the most important thing in the world but really it was the girl's father's notes and her DNA was all they really needed.

i know its not a prerequisite to understand a transformer plot, but after watching every transformer movie i had to look up what the fuck was going on, i could not give you a Synopsis of any of these films!!
its like the script is put in later and they just use it to string explosions together

>tfw he salvaged that chickenwuss Starscream's hide to wear as armor
Even in death he still fails Megatron.

When you buy a hotdog on the street from a vendor, do you judge it poorly because it is not a perfectly cooked medium rare fillet mignon served to by Gordon Ramsay himself

Or do you realize it's a 2 dollar hotdog they threw on the grill for about 45 seconds?

kill yourself marvel shit eater

That is how bay does his films.
>he is a military otaku so he first needs to see what US military assets he can work into the film. In this movie it was that new destoryer that is always broken
>he then needs sponsored countries to pick the locations. China paid a fuckload of money for the last film to have Beijing save hong kong during the attack
>hasbro gives him a list of transformers that have to be included for toy purposes
>he is then given 2-3 possible script and he takes interestign ideas from each of them
>he then randomly assembles the disassociated plot ideas, characters and locations into a film and blows shit up

kinda stupid argument there
the hotdog and the rare fillet steak are not the same price unlike transformer trash and any other good film

Cost and time spent going to a good movie = cost and time spent going to a bad one. So I don't think this argument works. If Transformers only cost $2 I would go see it.

Are you stupid enough to pay for full 3D Imax with the 6D theaters that transcend space and time that injects raw emotions directly into your nervous system... for a Michael Bay Movie

Instead of going to the movies on a cheap day and watching the basic bitch normal screen version for the cheapest possible price????

thats just to stupid to comment on
why is he allowed to do this, wait its cause these shitty movie make a lot of money

no i dont go to the cinema at all there are to many normfags there

>no showdown between Grimlock and Infernicus

What the fuck was even the point of the Dinobots and Drift and Crosshair, they did jack shit

"non stop action" is fucking boring
especially CG

Sponsorship money

>What the fuck was even the point of the Dinobots and Drift and Crosshair, they did jack shit
A lot of the autobots and "the teenage ethnic girl with attitude" also did fuck all in the film. They arrived a the end and vanished into the background battle. Same as the US special forces that rode the sub down to ancient alien ship and then just came back up, got on helicopters and then landed back on alien ship. All of these characters used a lot of screen time and contributed nothign to the story.

So what is it with the meme about how there's a huge scene in Transformers 4 about how its okay to fuck underage girls? Is that true?

>critics
It is like some people do not understand different meaning of different movies.
I will watch transformers only for BOOM and great CG, nothing more, this is everything their score must to reflect.
Is it great action movie to watch 1 time or not?

DUDE, this movie fucking sucked!!! Quit trying to meme it into something good.

>they are the worst films ever produced by the hand of man
Try to watch some movies with 90% critics score on RT. Or try to watch Ghostbusters (2016) - still 73% and FRESH btw.

I like all of these movies because I am a brain-dead millennial but I didn't start enjoying this one until the third act

The first portion is a bunch of disjointed scenes happening in a row and the second portion is just exposition although the part with Hopkins yelling at people on the HMS Alliance was funny

Haha, are you serious, faggot?

no the movie legitimately has 3 minutes of action during its 2 hour 30 minute runtime

Yeah I was actually kinda bummed they didn't finish the fight, so to speak. From the first transformers has always been good in making it "realistic" in the sense that, in a straight up fight the Decepticons would lose because we do have sufficient firepower to take them down. Their ability to hide and show up anywhere is what's dangerous

The last two films kind of implying humanity can't possibly have saved the day is kind of silly. What WAS technically incorrect about Physics Bro?

It sucks. It's boring with barely any action. Someone is hyping this movie up on Sup Forums but I think he just has a Cogman boner.

Wait for video, there are maybe three "action" scenes and none of them are noteworthy.

>Transformers: Age of Extinction
>1 hour non stop action scene in China
>no action
Eh?

this thread is about the new transformers movie, transformers the last knight, you dumb faggot

We're talking about part 5, numbnuts.

The worst was the whole story arc about Anthony Hopkins and john Turturro researching stonehenge in old books, and then going to the prime minister using his secret iluminati access tunnels, convincing the british miltiary to set an ambush for the decepticons at Stonehenge.

He has a full army behind him (tanks and artillery) but before they attack he walks up to megatron and shoots him with the gun hidden in his walking stick with obviously no effect, and then he is then killed. Then army attack the decepticons and do nothing, and stone henge floats up into the sky.

Probably a full 15 minutes of london and cuba scenes are used setting up this entire meaningless sequence of events. The end result is that it accomplishes nothign and doesn't advance any plots or even remotely hinder the badguys plans.

They needed an excuse to show off the british military in action (also a paid sponsor) and to kill Anthony Hopkins character in a noble death scene. That is the only reason these nonsensical scenes were stitched into an already cluttered film.

I can't believe people are still going to see these movies in the theater.

>NO JUST LITERALLY TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO
Are you 10 years old? I'm seriously asking because I don't understand how anybody but a prepubescent chinese child could watch 3 hours of incoherent cartoon explosions and enjoy it.

most really good action movies have three beats
beginning beat that introduces ever the hero or villain its short and purely for narrative purposes
see best examples, trinity's opening fight escape from cops in matrix
mr incredible s day of do good

the second beat can be a big or small fight again a good action director makes the scene narrative not just action it moves plot along it may establish villain and hero animosity kill a character off to create emotion leverage with the audience
see best examples
face off, first time archer and troy face off with each others face swapped and troys brother is killed
dark knight the party scene were joker and
batman meet each other

the third beat is the big ending fight action scene no hold bar villain vs hero high stakes
were main characters arc comes to a end, villian dies heroes save every one yaa

best examples, die hard gruber falls for mcClane
matrix they save Morpheus and neo and agent smith fight to the kinda death

not every movie has to follow these beats but all the really good action movies do
Michael bays movies do not because he thinks non stop action cg is what gets bums on seats
this 3 beat system gives a audience time to breath the story to develop and entertain
this isnt a hard and fast rule its just something i have noticed

>when marky mark stops a fucking transformer swinging a sword with his own sword

the only good part of this shit movie

Nu-ghostbusters is fucking trash for retards and it's still better than every transformers movie combined. You need to check yourself into a mental hospital because you're fucking nuts

Oh I agree 100% the sub scene is fucking retarded, but I thought the British scene was good because it did sort of convey the "We're a big ass secret meme society" vibe from him just walking into the office.

It was really poorly done overall. Had his staff took a HUGE chunk out of Megatron, it'd have been a a good overall payoff, but I agree, he just whiffed and died because LOL I'M A BADASS

I can agree with your criticisms. We can only hope the next director, if Michael Bay doesn't unquit again for the 5th time, will keep the Baykino vibes but trend towards Nolankino storytelling

>nobody mentioning the scene with squeaks and his oversized Left 4 Dead Tank arm saving the planet

If you did not atleast crack a smile at this shit you don't know how to have fun.

I also liked the secret society aspect, I just wanted a payoff at the end. The noble sacrifice should have been used to turn the tide in the battle. It should have accomplished somethign big and help advance the story.

This was supposed to be the "han solo blowing up the shield generator at the battle of endor" kind of moment, but all that prep time and arguably the best characters in the entire film were wasted (hopkins and robot butler)

Nigger you are fucking with me right? The first Bayformers is a legitimately good action flick. If you think it's worse than nu-Ghostbusters you need to fuck off

Sure, I can agree with this. The movie has a ton of flaws, but I still think it was better than most of the other films because it didn't focus so heavily on the story. 2 and 3 were the movie equivalent of sitting in a dentist chair from time to time

What action did it have?

Two and three were the worst sure.

All I vaguely remember about 2 was "we have to get the transmitter on top of the pyrmaid!", with a sub plot of John Turturro convincing the miltiary that he isn't crazy and that they need to fire their railgun a devastator.

The third movie I vaguely remember a robot worm eating a city and the autobots being tricked or forced to get on a shuttle and leave earth for good. This one also had the most cluttered "human story" out of all the TF films that completely ruined it.

Intro with Blackout destroying military base
Bee vs Barricade chase and fight
Military vs Skorponok in the desert
Highway chase with Optimus vs bonecrusher
Entire final battle which lasts almost an hour

Soundtrack's on par with the first movie
youtube.com/watch?v=WDoKMSB212w&t=314s

How did 3 have a plot twist if there wasn't a plot?

Jesus Christ 18+ you ching chong dipshit

What?

I really wish they would drop the human prodigy and chosen one memes from these movies. Imagine if the movie was focused on the humans, alone, trying to stop a Decepticon plot and that one military dude embedded in TRF / his team links up with autobots, or asks for their help or whatever.

Remember the guys getting Ambushed by Scorponok in the desert, and having to call in the 130 for air support? Or in 2 when Soundwave shoots Ravage down from fucking orbit to attack that base and has that shoot out? Easily some of the best parts of the franchise. Why not focus on those? You can still tell human stories with the soldiers, so why go to the trouble of having Marky Mark in the story at all?

>entire final battle which lasts an hour
It was pretty bad

Nah it was pretty good

The first one did have signs that decent TF movies were possible, before the second one cranked up all the shittier elements and killed off all potential.

Hated how Hot rod got turned into a french faggot.

Someone post that one webm. of the bicycle guy getting smashed
It always fucks me up

One shall stand, the rest will fall.

Romeo and Juliet law, my nigga.

Look it up on Youtube.

THE MAN MAD UNICRON THE GOOD GUY AND PRIMUS THE BAD GUY.
If I knew NOTHING about him, id swear to god that he went to the transformers wiki, hit random page at the top and started making shit up as he went along
>unicron.... A PLANET TRANSFORMER!? THATS COOL!! LETS MAKE HIM EARTH!
>quintessa.... quintessa... the planet unicron ate? NA! HES EARTH! HE CANT BE BAD, SHE MUST BE THE BAD GUY! LETS MAKE HER GOD
>oh cool! megatron was a 2 headed dragon! LETS MAKE IT 3 AND CALL THEM KNIGHTS!

>implying Unicron is good

While I agree it would have made far more sense for Unicron to have been the big meme ball, and I may be giving Bay too much credit here... TECHNICALLY he has not in any way said Unicron is a good guy.

>LETS MAKE IT 3 AND CALL THEM KNIGHTS!
I don't think this is necessarily a problem cause it actually fit in with the mythology incredibly well. Rule of Cool is obviously being used here but it still works really well with the story and thematic direction

Plus I'd rather have them be actual transformers who transform than, well, "transformers" we never see leave their dinosaur forms.

Unicron is literally the prime evil in the universe, and their allegory to satan.
Primus (cybertron) was literally god and died (shutdown) giving the energy the autobots needed to leave cybertron and always did everything he could to ensure life in the universe.

One of them in this movie did nothing but nurture life, the other tried to kill all life on the planet to sustain itself (which is what unicron did). Plus theres all the other shit he fucking retconned. Like them arriving in the first movie (which is why the government was tracking them), making the entire 3rd movie pointless, etc

>absolutely gorgeous lighting that puts Terrence Malick to shame
>breathtaking visuals and photography
>flawless soundmixing
>as the film progresses, Bay abandons both dialogue and narrative structure in favour of an almost sixty minutes long, tour de force action scene that satturates the senses to the utter limit
>universally despised by feeble-minded critics

Alas, humankind is not yet ready for transcendent kino!

Transformers 5 is easily the best Transformers movie and a pretty good popcorn flick in its own right, but it's getting shit reviews by people who didn't give it a chance because of the baggage that Transformers series carries. Wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people shitting on it didn't even bother to go see it.

>Wouldn't be shocked if a lot of people shitting on it didn't even bother to go see it

That's usually the case