So now that the arkham series is closed and officially wrapped up...

So now that the arkham series is closed and officially wrapped up. Who would be next best choice for an arkham styled series?

Personally i think Flash would be a prime choice given that super powers would be a much more open field to work with. Also gives more excuse for super powered/much more interesting villains to come in. Killer frost, captain cold/heatwave, Wellsobard, etc. Plus there wouldn't be any forced batmobile like sections given super speed.

But what is Sup Forums's thoughts?

It's gonna be fucking Arrow. Not Green Arrow, but Arrow the fuccboi from the tv series, mark my fucking words.

Id say green lantern but they'd manage to fuck that up I bet

I just want a good Superman game. Is that so much to ask?

the problem with super man is that he's too over powered as a character and has very few flaws compared to others like batman, flash, arrow, etc. To make a good superman game you'd need to strip aloooooooooooooot of stuff away from him with good reason to explain why he isn't just 1 shotting a goon.

This is why arrow,flash,etc work because they have limits and weaknesses that can be exploited and moulded into good story material. Superman is just a 1 man unstoppable army to be honest.

I agree. Flash would be the best choice to follow up Batman for the reasons you stated.

That said, what would the game be like? Play as The Flash zipping around Central City like it's Sonic the Hedgehog meets Grand Theft Auto?

Maybe have him depowered or something?

>Play as The Flash zipping around Central City like it's Sonic the Hedgehog meets Grand Theft Auto?

Sounds like Saints Row 4.

Or you could make a game where he doesn't fight goons are human fucking bank robbers who can be one-shotted, you make one where the goons take a few hits because they're aliens or robots or alien robots.

Fans always overthink the "how to make a Superman game" thing. It's not that hard. You just don't make him fucking Silver Age sneeze an alien fleet away guy, you make him Post-Crisis "catch a plane, repair a collapsing bridge" guy. That's all you need. A guy who has all the moves but his healthbar can still be whittled down in a boss fight with Metallo or Parasite.

>he's too over powered as a character and has very few flaws compared to others like batman, flash,
>like batman, flash
>flash
You've never read a comic in your fucking life the Flash is more retard tier than Superman

Well i feel like with flash you can get away with toning down his powers a bit. Have it be like TV flash where he's gradually improving and enhancing his powers, but obviously they'd need to cut shit like time travel and dimension breaking for the sake of gameplay. which to be fair you could easily put down to it not being a that version of the flash.

You could honestly make central city massssssssssssive in that too and could have it so it switches between combat speed and travelling speed so he crosses the city faster.

>>You've never read a comic in your fucking life the Flash is more retard tier than Superman

Super man can't fucking die at all or by anything. Flash can die by a lot of things. We're also considering powers being toned down here too which is easier to do with flash than superman. Don't try to stir shit user : ^ )

Well ideally, Superman but I'd rather Platinum Games make that one.

But I'm going to go ahead and throw out an idea few others will: Aquaman. Just hear me out.

I think an Aquaman game could really work. A lot of what I think would work in a Superman game, highly technical, fast, skill-based combat, could really work in an Aquaman game, just for starters. And instead of flight, you might be able to swim incredibly fast underwater, which might have multiple gameplay uses; not just travel, but you might be able to launch yourself out of water at high speeds and achieve great altitudes or distances as well. Plus super jumps not unlike Superman on land, as well as picking up heavy objects like cars and throwing them at enemies and such. Also since you're Aquaman, you'd be able to use your trident, which might fire blasts of lightning or something and call upon ocean life to do your bidding (including sharks and shit).

Otherwise, just imagine a sea-based open-world game with a gorgeous art style. Imagine something like pic-related but in a modern HD, AAA game. Imagine swimming out into the sea, dealing with pirates out in the ocean, or saving people from sea-wrecks and such. Imagine fighting on land and underwater.

You might be assisted or even be able to play as Mera, who could control water (which is something that's never been done in a game before). You could fight bosses such as Black Manta (whom you might be able to unlock as a playable character for a bonus campaign), Ocean Master, various undersea creatures like Cthulhu and such. Enemies could include Black Manta's pirates, hostile Atlanteans, the Trench, random surface criminals, etc.

It could be sick.

>Flash can die by a lot of things
Confirmed for not having read comics, Flash died once, then he ran faster than Death and escaped dying

He can run faster than Death can ski?

He's not a fucking walking planet like Superman is. I dont get why the fuck you think he's worse than superman given that superman could literally absorb a bullet even if caught off guard.

Also look what i said before, we're talking about toning down powers so they realistically fit, thats the issue with superman, you can't do that fucking shit without breaking him in his entirety.

How about a Telltale Hellblazer game?

>Also look what i said before, we're talking about toning down powers so they realistically fit, thats the issue with superman, you can't do that fucking shit without breaking him in his entirety.
That's bullshit, you could just tone him down to DCAU or even DCEU Superman. Or even just use Golden Age Superman as a base and slowly gain powers that way.

Making a Superman game should be like writing a Superman comic: it should take some liberal application of imagination and creativity.

You don't know what you're talking about, Flash is more overpowered than Superman by a longshot this fucker outran death, he outrun literally instant teleportation, he evacuated half a million people from a city in .0001 microseconds, he punches fast enough that it's equivalent of getting hit by a star, he perceives events that occur in less than the amount of time it would take light to cross the distance of one atom.

The problem with superman tho is even if you do that, you have people who will be like "Wtf, he shouldn't be able to die to this" and what not. He's immortal ffs where as Flash is mortal, i haven't read alot of the recent dc comics due to real life commitments but from my knowledge superman clearly out weighs the flash in his ability to survive.

This is such bullshit, Speedforce is OP pls nerf.

Yes but we're talking about doing a flash that is young and still figuring shit out. Not a flash who can literally out run death to all regards. Why is that not getting through anyones fucking thick skull.

>We're talking about a weak version of Flash
>but we can't use Superman because he's too overpowered
Do you not see how little since this makes

As someone who played as a Superman ripoff in DCUO, the "overpowered" thing is bullshit.
You can make the character feel like Superman and generally powerful, without sacrificing the challenge.

So its gonna be long bow hunters? cool

Just as a reference for the kind of thing that I'm talking about. Imagine it like ejecting from the Batmobile in Arkham Knight.

>The problem with superman tho is even if you do that, you have people who will be like "Wtf, he shouldn't be able to die to this" and what not.
Maybe stupid people, but the thing with Superman is that you just need him to mostly take on threats and put him in scenarios that might put him in danger. Considering all the crazy shit video games regularly have in general, it's not too much of a stretch to apply that sort of thing to a Superman game. Not to mention no one is going to care all that much about Superman's power level. I don't know why everyone gets all autistic over Superman's power level when video games are inconsistent all the time. How many games are there out there where you play as an extraordinarily powerful protagonist, where you get punked by a common enemy in a cutscene? Or some other kind of discrepancy between game and narrative? Shit happens all the time.

>tfw there will never be a Green Lantern game that's like Mass Effect or KOTOR II in terms of Gameplay developed by Obsidian.

Not sure it would fit.

Wonder woman has God of War/Zelda potential with weapons, enemies, and boss fights in my opinion.

This I approve of.

It's a hard question because Batman is naturally suited to video games

Sneaking around, using gizmos, and beating up people are well-explored avenues of game design

Compared to that, things like flight, and super speed, or hard light constructions, or shape shifting... Not so much.

Honestly Wonder Woman would probably be the easiest DC character to put in a game next since that shit would literally just be God of War. Or if you wanna go the lame nerd route, Baldur's Gate or some shit.

>lame nerd route
Pls no bully.

>Who would be next best choice for an arkham styled series?

Darkwing Duck. You know you'd fucking play it. Imagine if they recorded hundreds of "I am the terror that flaps in the night!" lines, so every time you appeared in a cloud of gas, you heard a new one.

SOLD!

>Baldur's Gate
What I honestly can't see how Wonder Woman would fit in a CRPG you do know Baldur's Gate is a Dungeons and Dragons game where you pause tell all your party members to do something and then unpause

The Flash would be cool. He's got interesting villains that would make great boss fights, I imagine they'd do super speed like time was stopped or just slowly progressing and you were running.

Just make it like that Futurama episode where Fry drinks the coffee. It'd make seeing Zoom moving just as quick as you be epic as fuck.

They didn't even put him into Disney Infinity.

>It'd make seeing Zoom moving just as quick as you be epic as fuck.

I would love a super-speedster fight where everything else was moving slow and you were racing along the sides of buildings and across water, all over town.

Does it have to be DC? Because I think a MGS-style stealth action Nick Fury would be perfect.
Or a Daredevil game that has combat similar to Arkham's, but with more martial arts and less gadgets.

>It's a hard question because Batman is naturally suited to video games
That's fucking bullshit, right up until Arkham Asylum, we got NOTHING but shitty fucking Batman games. I should know, I actually played some of them.

>Compared to that, things like flight, and super speed, or hard light constructions, or shape shifting... Not so much.
Flight and super speed could work and have already been done by games before. Just look at Zone of the Enders 2 for flight, and the Wonderful 101 had what were essentially the same as hard light constructions. And games like Majora's Mask essentially let you shapeshift by putting on masks and turning into, albeit, predetermined forms.

>Honestly Wonder Woman would probably be the easiest DC character to put in a game next since that shit would literally just be God of War. Or if you wanna go the lame nerd route, Baldur's Gate or some shit.
WW would work best Bayonetta-style instead of GoW style. Remember, WW is faster and way more agile than Kratos ever was. A more straight up CUHRAYZEE game would work best. If not an adventure game where you have to solve conflict non-violently.

It would be visually impressive. Bonus points for interacting with the environment and getting brief cutscenes that show the effects of your actions in real time.

There was a Daredevil game but Sony ruined it and it got canceled

>So now that the arkham series is closed and officially wrapped up.

You are so wrong...
Stop spreading misinformation.

> Now I know we said Batman: Arkham Knight was our last-ever Batman game, but the arrival of the PlayStation VR devkits changed that! The opportunity to create a completely new kind of Batman experience, to take the ‘Be the Batman’ experience to an even deeper level on this exciting new platform, was too good to resist.

>One of the things that Arkham fans have been asking for is the opportunity to explore some of the most iconic locations in Batman’s universe such as Wayne Manor and the Batcave. For the first time in a Rocksteady Arkham story, Batman: Arkham VR offers players the chance to do exactly that – to feel that unique sense of presence in these legendary locations through virtual reality. If you’ve ever wondered how it would feel to be Bruce Wayne one moment surrounded by the finery of Wayne Manor and then descend into the Batcave to put on the iconic Batsuit, you’ll know why we’re so excited about putting the game in players’ hands.

I mean more in the way they have tons of talk and character interaction shit on top of sword fighting dragons, as opposed to God of War, which is mostly just yelling

You can't tell me that the Dragon Age audience wouldn't eat up a game about a strong female warrior woman who don't need no man (and her sidekicks)

So there wasn't a Daredevil game. There should be.

No, but they did put his gas gun and the Ratcatcher in the game.

Imagine, though. Seeing St. Canard in 3D glory. Flying in the Thunderquack with Launchpad. Fighting the Fearsome Five, getting missions from SHUSH, finding easter eggs about Duckburg and Cape Suzette...

You wouldn't even have to change much mechanically about the game.

Green Lantern could never work as a video game, because you'd have to limit what you can do with the ring, and what's even the point then, making crazy constructs is like half the fun of being GL.

Flash could be fun, though, just have everything slow down when you're in combat, but your own speed stays the same to simulate you going super fast

People think Superman's too powerful for a game, but his only really difficult power is flight. Specifically mixing travel flight with combat/interaction flight. If you could crack that the rest would actually be easy as fuck. He's just a strong, fast guy that can freeze and burn stuff, for the most part. His other powers are either passive, like his hearing, or context sensitive like his other vision powers.

I'd say Flash as well. Super speed's a simple, fun power with some neat tricks and he's got a good variety of rogues to build interesting boss battles around. you could do some cool stuff with the whole Keystone/Central,"twin cities" thing too. Plus a bunch of cool alternate costumes, which is my shit.

What I want to know is, where is that Suicide Squad game by WB Montreal?

Just give me a RE5/RE6-style TPS with deep melee mechanics, with several different characters to choose from, each with their own abilities, and I'm set.

>a strong female warrior woman who don't need no man
But Diana loves men. They're frail and adorable.

>VR

Pass.

Superman isn't frail.

THIS MOTHERFUCKER GETS IT

PEOPLE OVERCOMPLICATE THE HELL OUT OF THINGS. JUST MAKE A SOMEWHAT TYPICAL ACTION GAME BUT REWORK THE GAMEPLAY AROUND SUPERMAN'S POWERSET (and maybe make it open-world too since everything's doing it nowadays and an open-world Superman game would make a lot of sense)

Shit, even flight shouldn't be THAT hard to design since other games like Zone of the Enders 2 already did that shit.

Tell that to Zod's neck.

If you are not going to play a game is not the point.
OP said
>So now that the arkham series is closed and officially wrapped up.

while this is the official next title in the Arkham series by Rocksteady.

>make your own human
>wake up one day on a fucking alien planet surrounded by all sorts of shit you've never seen
>panic
>another human calms you down, it's one of those Green Lantern guys you've seen on tv
>using dialogue choices and background info from your character creation, explain that you sacrificed yourself in an act of valiance during a big attack on earth
>It just so happened that another Lantern was helping and lost their life
>The ring took you to Oa before your death

From there on, it's wacky space adventures, including the temptation of forsaking your duties as a GL to join another Lantern Corp depending on your emotional and moral choices.

No but he has a nice S.

I don't like to imagine things that will never happen

Except maybe sex with celebrities

Dragon Age is the exact same gameplay as Baldur's Gate because that's the only game Bioware can make it would have to be Devil May Cry style

> join another Lantern Corp depending on your emotional and moral choices.
I was skeptical but now I see the Lantern's Light.

All things are possible, user.

>There will never be a Jonah Hex game that's a Red Dead Redemption clone with Batlash, Madame.44, Pow Wow Smith, El Diablo, Nighthawk and Cinnamon as quest givers.
>There will never be a stealth Martian Manhunter game where in the beginning of each level you know someone out and take their place, and you have to convince everyone around that you belong through telepathy and good old fashioned detective work.
>There will never be a gritty third person shooter Sgt. Rock game, where Rock and Easy Company are just doing their best and trying to survive, with appearances from Mademoiselle Marie and Grave Digger.
>There will never be a plane combat game about the Blackhawks and Hop Harrigan, fighting against the Axis and Enemy Ace.

Why live?

I remember I wrote a storyboard for a game about Superman back in highschool. I had brainiac robots, then competitors in warworld, then yellow lanterns led by Cyborg Superman, and finally parademons as regular villains. Kind of like a Kingdom Hearts for how it would work. There would be tons of cool bosses, and lots of super trippy Mr.Mxyzplkt missions.

Easy mode, just give us Arkham Beyond.

If it's VR, how do they deal with the height difference between Batman and the player? If the player is short, will they turn Batman into a manlet?

I just think that super speedy or super strong heroes like Flash or Superman would work better as a Platinum game.

Every Superman games gets those people who laugh about how Superman can die.
Yeah he can get killed by robots or shit in N64 Superman because how do you want him to get beaten?

Pls batman beyond

There's the ones who made bayoneta right.

They would be well suited to certain hero's.

Oh I bet they could do etrigan really well

What supes powers are easy as fuck to tone down

it's a small retarded mind who thinks when a person is creating a video game world that they're limited by the protagonist. you can build the world around him and make it worth his power set. most games are set to human standards yet the characters are all super powerful, and it works. if you can't make superman work you have a small imagination. the ground work is laid out with decades worth of history.

Pretty much his only power thats hard to tone down is x-ray vision and that dident auctualy cause much problems when Batman had it with detective vision

It has been a while though so I may be misremembering how much detective vision could do

>playing Prototype with the speed running power maxed out

Its fucking beautiful.

Make a Flash game thats just like that, but even FASTER.

You see peoples skeletons, gargoyles and grates glow orange, guns glow red.

Set it before Diana leaves the island.

The Amazons have lived in peace for so long that their training in war is barely more than yoga with swords. They spend their days patting each other on the back about much better they are than the outside world, while Diana has been secretly training with War and listening to his stories, desperate to experience it for herself.

Then Granny Goodness turns up with the Furies and an army of parademons to look for new children to train, the Amazon's do well, but sheer numbers and lack of real experience leads to them getting their asses handed to them.

Diana takes it on herself to save her home, fighting her way through the parademons, the Furies and the final boss Big Barda

End the game with Diana getting her wish to leave the island to warn the rest of the world that Darkseid is coming and they have to be ready.

Wonder Woman. Don't use the flight abilities and go with the current warrior incarnation. Perfect time to put her supporting characters in the mainstream while revamping her villains.

I always thought Adam Strange would make for a badass videogame

I agree, but would it have time-limits between each zeta beam in which you had to do everything?

If only...

For once Adam could be more well known then his zeta beams

Hopefully, done better than pic related.

Amen to that. That's why I'm convinced most of the people in these threads are autistic. Normal people don't really care when you have normal humans like Jill Valentine surviving a hit from the fucking Hulk.

People probably started overthinking it because of Injustice and super-pills. As you said, who gives a fuck, MvC went fun way and nobody blinked.

Lobo.