So was it actually good or do we just hate it because Seth Rogen?

So was it actually good or do we just hate it because Seth Rogen?

No it was garbage and all the humor was lazy because it all revolved around:

"Look the food is doing something that a person would be doing but it's food, it shouldn't be able to do that, haha"

"Look the food is a racial stereotype haha" (but not even in a way in which they do anything with it, like it's just presented to you and then I guess it's supposed to be funny)

"Look the food is doing drugs"

"Look the food is talking about weed strains"

"Look the food is high on drugs"

"Look the food is referencing pop culture"

"Look the food is having sex"

"Haha the main villain is a douche, except like a literal douche, get it, he's a douche? and he's evil? get it?"

There were little to no actual jokes in the movie, it was honestly just like that

I'm a dumb NEET stoner who enjoys the films of Seth Rogen so I wasn't biased coming into this, but I still didn't enjoy it. Somewhat like the guy above me says, everything felt contrived with cheap symbolism and it lacked subtlety - it felt forced

It was sir, pirated it and it was exactly like I thought.

It was shit

I'm just still surprised that it poked fun at muslims as much as it did, or even at all. I figured that the film would focus solely on Christendom.

Got high and put it on and it annoyed the fuck out of me within 10 minutes, never went back. HOT DOGS LOOK LIKE DICKS, GET IT?? Yep I get it. The last hour and a half might be Citizen Kane but I'll never watch it to find out.

while I understand your sentiment in the jokes being rather forward as opposed to more intricate, circumstantial wit, I'd say you're looking at it wrong. The movie is stoner humor - just as its predecessors in friday, half-baked, fast times at ridgemont high, and especially dazed and confused. It isn't meant to be taken at a critically acclaimed level of high brow humor because it's audience isn't meant to take anything seriously or with care to its creator's hardwork. I mean, it's a movie about talking food lmao

to add to this:
>the animation was hideous. everything about the movie looked lazy and ugly.
>the movie kept breaking its own rules and contradicting itself with the laws of the anthropomorphized food. for example, in a package of hot dogs, each individual hot dog has its own body, personality, etc. but a bag of chips is just one body with eyes and a mouth, but then some other type of chip packaging is inanimate and doesn't have anything inside it. this takes the viewer out of the movie over and over again.
>multiple characters had the same voice actor, who barely tried to change his voice. really irritating. none of the characters were good voice actors and each character just sounds like its actor. ie the hot dog sounds just like seth rogen, the douche sounds like nick kroll, etc. before you say that's so obvious-- in finding nemo you don't keep thinking of dory as ellen degeneres, even though it's her voice; she is good enough at voice acting that she makes it sound like dory the fish.
>insultingly pseudo deep plot -- wherein they try to make the movie about the nature of human existence a la waiting for godot.... in a way that seems very smug. but they fall completely flat because the execution is so weak

i fucking hate seth rogen by the way so i'm biased but this is by far his worst work.

>Seth Rogan
Anyone have that Columbus Day copy pasta?

>dude it's funny if you get a lobotomy
>omg did you know the word douche (insult) is the same word as douche (hygeine product) lmao
>omg did you know taco (nickname for vagina) is the same word as taco (food)
>omg did you know weiner (nickname for penis) is the same word as weiner (food)

the "HUMOR" in this movie is the equivelent of reading a dictionary of homophones. it's not stoner humor so don't compare it to half baked. it's not even humor. it's just a lazy cash grab.

It was bad and really not funny. It's also a short movie that feels like forever.

Yeah pretty much. About 2/3s into the movie I just couldn't take it, turned it off and told my girlfriend it was "degenerate kike propaganda marketed to edgy teens". Maybe I'm just a cynical fuck

Sup Forums 10 years ago would have loved it. Sup Forums now is too consumed by politics and puritanicalism (in an attempt to be edgy/contrary) to openly like it.

Only someone who hasn't seen the movie and has been here less than 5 years would say this shit.

>It's also a short movie that feels like forever.

This. I watched this at home on a stream and it seemed like it would never end. Can only imagine how bad it would be having to sit through it in a theater.

I listened to Korn 10 years ago, I don't like them anymore and think they're rather stupid. It's called growing up, we all left Sup Forums a long time ago and have adult interests now.

>OH LOOK, THE POTATO IS IRISH, HAHHAHAHAHA!!!
>OH LOOK, THE BAGEL IS JEWISH, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>OH LOOK, THE TACO AND BURRITO ARE MEXICAN, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
>OH LOOK, THEY'RE ALL FUCKING EACH OTHER BECAUSE WHY NOT BE A DEGENERATE FAGGOT, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Didn't watch it because the previews gave me all I needed to know.

Fuck that Jew piece of garbage.

>10 years ago
Because most of us would've been 12 to 15 a decade ago, and would laugh at anything retarded. Anyone else would have called it the eBaumsworld of movies if it came out back then.

DUDE KILL WHITEY... I MEAN CRACKERS LMAO GET IT? CUZ CRACKERS ARE A FOOD AND THE BLACK FOOD CHARACTER AND INDIAN FOOD CHARACTER DON'T LIKE CRACKERS JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE HAHA

What the FUCK. I could've sworn it went over the 2 hour mark when watching it

Tried watching it and turned it off before they even left the store. Jesus christ it is bad, the audience is clearly children

Same. It's just that bad.

How was this greenlit?

Pretty easily, people love this shit - it made 140 mil off a 19 mil budget so (((they))) made the right business decision

I felt the same way watching it, it really drags on after a while and feels more like 2 1/2 hours than 90 min

I liked the beginning where they fell out of the cart and it was made to look like a war scene, but after that I continued to grow more and more bored. Turned it off after about an hour.

ZEA Youth entertainment branch operative Agent 420.

the food was sexualized in such a unfunny and shitty way it made me hella uncomfortable to watch

this movie is shit that Brazilians would watch

Who the fuck calls a vagina a taco?

the film is an interesting introduction to gnosticism

>that feel when ynw successful merge sex with cannibalism in our society.

Yeah dude you're right that we as Sup Forumstards loved a bunch of dumb fucking memes. But said memes were FREE and the work of autists, the bar was set a little lower.

We expect a little bit more from Hollywood since they're fucking millionaires. I wouldn't pay money to see a Pedobear movie. And frankly even Pedobear is still a more amusing concept than Sausage Party.

You've never heard of a pink taco before?

Seth Rogan's laugh is box office poison

Box Office Poison is when your movies flop. Besides The Green Hornet Rogen's movies have been very profitable.

Sausage Party is amoung is absolute worst. Although I'll give it propa for being revoltingly bad instead of mediocre like those shit Neighbors films. He should have just gone to producing after This Is The End.

No the social commentary was extremely barebones and the all the jokes are just getting a kick out of the idea that cartoon characters are swearing or doing vulgar things. It felt like something that would've been interesting 20 years ago when cartoons not aimed at kids was still an uncommon thing but now it's just pointless when there's so much better stuff that doesn't just rely on a hot dog making dick jokes out there.

it's Sup Forums the movie
it was fucking horrible

I thought this was that foodfight movie at first

I found a major plot hole (must be a better way to call it, but I don't know) that ruined the whole movie for me, but I have to say I laughed at the cinema, mostly becuase it was full of kids whose parents bring just becuase it was a "kid's movi with funny animated characters"

So, the whole movie is a statement about atheism, about how people should forget about higher powers or divine gratitude and live happy here with the people whe have near. It's all about the pleasure and the happiness, life is meant to be lived and enjoyed without thinking about morals.

BUT

they had to have the coke and mentos joke. So a bottle of coke does a suicide attack, wich denies the ultimate message of the film.

I know it's autistic, but I can't enjoy a movie when I think about the writers saying hey, bro, this doesn't match with our vission, nah, don't worry, it's a fun joke

The food still rots right? They kill all the humans but only the so called immortal foods aren't going to rot in a few days?

>James Franco (playing himself)

TOPKEK

Teenagers

100% accurate

I don't hate Seth Rogan, but this movie was garbage.
Endless racial jokes, beat you over the head "god isn't real" message, food orgy at the end. Plus the obligatory "pot is great" featured in all Rogan films.
I honestly don't remember laughing at any of it.

This was the only joke that made me laugh. When they went for the ultra violence angle. It was funny because they were just food, and that's just what happens to it. It's not a good joke by any means, and violence is hella easy for a laugh, but it was the only amusing joke. Certainly not a joke that comes even close to redeem the movie.

reading this made me feel physically ill.

It's too long imho.

I pirated it and every joke was "I get it but I'm not laughing"
It will go down for the animators controversy

exactely this

No is it just an American thing cos in from the UK?

This is basicaly what nietzsche feard would happen in a society without a good. But it seems that Jews celebrate that stuff

>Michael Cera as Montazuma

There's merit to this.

It's crystal clear in my head.

kek

user, nearly every bit of american and european media that is out there in the past 20+ years has a political identity and an agenda
in hard times like these youre just gonna have to pick a side

ironically enough, the movie foodfight isnt about food, its about the mascots of food brands that are in the movie
sausage party would be more appropriate to have the title be food fight instead

DUDE