Having nothing better to do I decided to catch up with the last seasons of South Park...

Having nothing better to do I decided to catch up with the last seasons of South Park. Why the fuck did they adopt this "continuity" format tying all the episodes togheter? It sucks.
And yeah, you guys were right, these seasons arent't funny in the slightest (some jokes were good, but out of the whole season I'd save around a fifth of it, at best).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oDaQMBqqSE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

After 20 years you run out of ideas.

That's exactly my feeling, South Park now really shows brand fatigue. Introducing new characters is a good idea, but this shit of making season that follow the same plotline is stupid, especially because in the end things have to go back at the original status quo for the series to continue.

>some jokes were good, but out of the whole season I'd save around a fifth of it, at best
Name one show on it's 20th season you wouldn't say this about.

It's pretty close to impossible to make a show last 20 years even when you're replacing the writing staff every few years. South Park has almost entirely been written by trey parker.

The Simpsons

good news: they came to the same conclusion and are abandoning that format

I liked continuity in the sense that it saved time setting up ridiculous situations

because the ball was already rolling, they could just build upon what they had done in the previous episodes, rather than starting from scratch

the only problem was that Trey & Matt never had a good grip on the Trump situation. not only did they underestimate Trump, they portrayed Trump the way the mainstream media wanted to portray Trump

with a better understanding of how Trump contrasts with Hillary and the GOP establishment, SP could attack Trump in a completely fair, balanced, and accurate way.

but instead... darth trump

At the time, Sup Forums tried so hard to convince itself to like these episodes because they were making fun of PC culture, but the humor just fell flat for the most part.

Did Cartman ever deal with PC Principal or any of that sjw bullshit he went through?
I was really expecting some sort of fucked up master plan or something at the end, but they just sorta.. let it go.
It was a pretty big opportunity they wasted

No, it leads to nowhere, the first episode of that season has some of the most out of character stuff ever. Not only Cartman does nothing about getting beaten to a pulp, but he does a sudden u-turn and becomes a Sjw himself. For one episode. Then out of nothing he reverts back to old himself. I don't get why, maybe they thought that having get beck to being an asshole at the end of the season would have been a problem for the jokes, but he was actually very secondary for the most part of it.
It was a mess.

There is only one way to save South Park.
More Butters episodes he's clearly the best.

AWWWWWWWWWWW HAMBURGERS

WOKA NANA CHEENA PROTECT MY BALLS

I honestly can't remember the last butter episode. The last ones I remember are the Mantequila one (great) and the one when he goes to his gramps with kenny (eh).

Talking about best characters, they really ruined Randy.

Anyone still watching the Simpsons should be euthanized

Genuine answer?
Matt & Trey made Stick of Truth and became interested in the longer story format, and wanted to try it out in the show itself. They started off just with simple continuity references but in this latest season they went all the way and had practically just the one plot for the entire season. And the exact same jokes every episode. Made worse by the fact they failed to predict the election and that completely fucked up how they were originally planning on ending it

The continuity wasn't exclusive to this season, the previous ones had it as well. This has nothing to do with Trump.

Coronation street

Watch the Season 20 Commentary Matt and Trey are complete cucks now who are as out of touch with reality than the rest of Hollywood

I dont even blame them for having taken the Vegas odds for the election but their inability to understand WHY he won and WHY their parody strawman was terrible tells me the next seasons are gonna be shit

>this
Honestly I think Matt and Trey are bored as fuck of South Park. They dable their creativeness in other things and are usually successful but then its time to come back to this show they that truly love but just are forced to keep coming back to.

It's why they switched to topical stuff over a decade ago. Every now and then they come up with a fun story but its a lot easier to just look around and say yeah let's do that.

do you have links to the commentaries?

>Honestly I think Matt and Trey are bored as fuck of South Park
No kidding, how many times have they advertised a "final season."

>out of touch with reality
>Trump's popular vote is the lowest out of every President whose won the electoral vote but not popular
>by a large margin too

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No refunds berniebro

Lol popular vote has never meant you win the election in America. Cry moar faggot Trump is president now and for 7 and a half more years

8 years

Brought to you by the same media that said he has a 1% chance of becoming president

Its just one because they have nothing to say and know they fucked up. You can hear their egos beign hurt

youtube.com/watch?v=oDaQMBqqSE0

Except he was objectively wanted less by the majority of Americans than other Presidents who won electorally (Bush, Nixon, etc.)

Considering we're almost done with his first year and he's passed literally zero impactful legislation or do anything outside of golfing, I wonder when he'll start working.

Except the popular vote doesn't matter and you're flaunting your ignorance by even bringing it up.

You could say the same about Clinton if the numbers had been reversed.

Fact is Trump connected with the masses and leftists still dont get why and continue to make things worse with their witch hunt

PC Principal got old VERY quick

>won """"electorally""""
you mean won.
she lost get over it

Seems to me all the democrats have to do to win back the presidency and the legislative branch is just move out of their safe space in cali. but we all know theyll never do that

What pissed me off about the election episodes be it be pre or post is that they didnt even address the SJW insanity jumping the shark every week

I was expecting to see some live action clips and the boys be like "dude what the fuck is going on". I also find it hard to believe that if Trump is le Hitler 2.0 that Cartman wouldnt rock a MAGA hat trying to turn him agains the jews

So much missed potential then again i bet that comedy central would drop them if they would create any material that its the middle ground now

Thank fuck.

>The continuity wasn't exclusive to this season
He didn't say otherwise at all.

>Considering we're almost done with his first year
what.

butthurt lul

hahaha she lost and you are still butthurt about it

Donald Trump is literally the president of the United States, there's a completely new scandal about him almost every day and the ENTIRE Season that is basically dedicated TO TRUMP AND ONLY TRUMP is the worst season BY FAR.

last season really crashed and burned hard because they planned the whole season on Hillary winning
It'll be interesting to see if they recapture their mojo this year when they drop the politics

>More Christmas Critter eps I'm season 21

Please don't. I don't want you two to ruin them like you did with Randy and Sergeant Yates.

Well, actually:
>John Q. Adams: 30.9
>Rutherford Hayes: 47.9
>Ben Harrison: 47.8
>George W. Bush: 47.9
>Donald Trump: 46.1

When they decided not to do a week end at Bernies sanders episode with Hillary Clinton being thrown around like fucking luggage I knew comedy was dead