SJW open a vegan restaurant that gives food to homeless refugees etc

>SJW open a vegan restaurant that gives food to homeless refugees etc
>Bernie sanders was in charge of the business plan with a 'pay what you feel' model
>steady stream of entitled SJW types feel they are victims of society and refuse to pay
>closing down soon

Fucken hilarious. Facebook post below. Will share some great comments.

Lentil as Anything is in dire straights, winter has hit us hard. Lentils is an NGO and relies on your generous donations to keep our doors open and our kitchens cooking.
Following our al a carte Friday night Footscray served over 150 plates to those that needed food, shelter, warmth and love, however, our donation box was not feeling the love with an average payment of $1 a plate.
Lentils pay as you feel concept is one I truly support but the concept of a "free meal" is killing us and if things do not change we will be looking at closures which would be dreadful.

So please dig deep and donate what you can when you can. We also welcome everyone to throw on a red apron and come give us a hand. We would love to have you xox

Other urls found in this thread:

fivefortyone.ca/
lentilasanything.com/
lentilasanything.com/stop-kalais-deportation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And they honestly thought this would work?

Liberals don't live in reality they live in their fantasy world

>the concept of a "free meal" is killing us
>concept

Guess no such thing as a free meal was a really hard concept to grasp.

Kek, what a dumbass. I hope it starts to redpill them

(((Lentils)))

This is a very good social experiment for those liberal arts students to see how the economy really works.

Tbh it worked for the past ten years but literally the new wave of entitled privilege checkers have ruined it.

There's a shit ton of comments about 'YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHAMING PEOPLE FOR NOT HAVING MONEY' as well as 'THERE ARE RICHER AREAS THAT SHOULD DONATE MORE'.

They are truly a cancer on society.

kek

link?

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Unless you're a an Alinskyite

"This time OUR commune will work because unlike ALL THE OTHER failed communes thier ideology wasnt PURE like ours"

-every commune right before they begin failing

>the concept of a "free meal" is killing us

Why does the apron have to be red?

Huh. They've been operating since 2000, but only started having problems in the past 3 years. What changed 3 years ago?

Search for 'lentil as anything' on Facebook

SJW discovers econ 1101 the hard way

Link to their page please

Because they're communists

$150 tuition fee in Capitalism lessons. Commits need to learn, and stupidity should hurt.

Source so I can mock them.

People started getting more entitled. Probably backpackers too.

Wow, it's almost as if capitalism is the most effective means of economic stability

Kek they had this restaurant showcased on my local news one morning a few months ago. That didn't take very long.

It worked here: fivefortyone.ca/

Key differences include:
-nominal cost to food with ability to work in the restaurant to pay for it
-operated by Christians with a view of the big picture rather than by SJWs who want the instant gratification of virtue signalling
-receives significant outside funding rather than relying on what people pay for the food

It can be done, just not by SJWs, because they have no foresight.

Probably had money from rich parents or someone like that which they rode on for the past decade.

>'pay what you feel' model

i could see this working if the food was amazing but even in that case they'd be better off charging high prices and using the profits to give 5-10 times more food to the hobos

it's just a stupid idea

Feminist google searches tripling in search volume.

Correlation isn't as strong on the hair dye, But it matches the trend.

>an average payment of $1 a plate.

Guess they need to adapt the menu. Soup and bread?

>>SJW open a vegan restaurant that gives food to homeless refugees etc
>>Bernie sanders was in charge of the business plan with a 'pay what you feel' model
>>steady stream of entitled SJW types feel they are victims of society and refuse to pay

how the fuck did they get a buisness loan?
don't even want to think about the possibility of some retard investing in this shit

It worked in Denver for a while. Some guy opened a soup kitchen with an identical business model. Some wealthy liberals ended up giving him 6 figure donations because they respected what he was doing.

>it's not the dirty hippies who spend all of their money on drugs, it's those fat cats with jobs!

>pay what you feel model

Why does it seem like people's bullshit detectors are increasingly becoming less functional?

I saw these places in Australia and they did work
But the problem is hippies and backpackers who contribute with the smallest coins to look like they're contributing
They can afford weed but they can't afford this, well it's too bad selfish Brits abuse the system based Aussies create(it was always Brits doing this)

Post the source OP im not "buying" it

>rich
>eating at a hippie shithole overrun with moochers and layabouts

I doubt they'd feel welcome enough to even walk in.

>lentil as anything

LEL

how's how they shilled for that boat person working for them who got caught and deported
>b-b-but he worked here and contributed to society

i dont think so faggots.

>it wasn't real gommunism guise
It'll work next time they bromise.

The name of the restaurant is
LENTIL AS ANYTHING

The filter won't let me post the actual Facebook link, but just go to FB and type in the name of the restaurant.

The relevant post was made yesterday evening

feelgood news story, thanks op

They're looking for free cooks. Anyone down to sign up to get the place shut down for hazardous conditions? IE start using ipecac as an ingredient, or if you want to take it to the extreme, use small doses of cleaning chemicals. Who's down?

Just pay what you can desu you don't have to buy it just give a dollar

Pretty much, the only time I would go into somewhere like this is if I was trying to impress a feminist I wanted to fuck.

I fuckin smash the newtown lentils and never pay

Ever

hha

I was thinking this too.

The thing is, most places that do this also don't let you choose the meal you get or the portion size. You also are expected to pay a minimum for the meal. You just get a "whatever the fuck the chef feels like" meal. An generally he won't be making you anything really lavish. The other trick is that most of the materials used to make the food are hand made on site, something I doubt these losers are doing so their costs are probably high as shit.

>serve up a 15$ meal
>PAY WHAT YOU FEEL LMAO
>here 3 bucks.
>fuck :(

recession

>Today hot drinks will be sans milk due to lack of funding

TOP KEK

Source is @lentilasanything on Facebook, search it.

>open a soup kitchen
>bitch when you aren't making any money

in all honestly they probably just became more popular and more people started to take advantage of them

ive walked past their sydney store in (((newtown))) a bunch of times but could never do it because on the wall there is a big guilt tripping sign about how when you only donate $1 you do shit all

Didn't panera bread in new york try something like this a few years back? How'd it work out then?

$1 for a plate of lentils is a rip off.

Would they accept dubs as payment?

Whoops, wrong pocket. Meant these ones.

It sounds like it worked when people had money, and now they don't.

>meditteranean

They're serving bowls of lentils though, why isn't $1 a bowl enough to cover costs and make a tidy surplus, especially if they aren't paying staff wages or rent?

Their biggest cost would be the gas bill to boil the slops up.

>if I was trying to impress a feminist I wanted to fuck.

Why would you ever want to fuck a feminist?

communism at work

>cant even spell Mediterranean right

Shit is that the one in Melbourne? I ate pasta there once.

It worked when backpackers didn't abuse the system

Kek wills it

>Savory Mexican Pancakes

What the fuck, why.

lentils are actually mad though, i love making a big pot of dhal and eating it throughout the week. costs fuck all too. i bet if everyone there paid $1 they'd be able to cover the costs of whatever they're making, and they're probs giving little bitch serving sizes too

nice

I don't think this is a time to laugh at them, stupid as their ideas were. we must help them realize and accept the red pill that they were force fed.

yeah this is why everyone i know who goes to that myself included runs it as a free meal
to be fair im an apprentice who clears $660 a week, and most of my mates earn little

i remember being in there once and seeing two girls in full corporate gear dropping twenty cents in lololol

more than ive given but

Hah, really?
I've been to Panera a few times when I lived in NY, they had some decent soups and sandwiches.
It's basically an upscale Subway, why the fuck would they do that?

Presumably just plain tortillas

>footscray

dat der's ya problem, m8
no ones got money in der footscray

Commit your own crimes you palm rubber

Typicall commie fuck! They have more money because they have worked for them

>They have more money, they should pay more.

they put a u in savory to try and seem more European and progressive. not surprised they don't actually know how to spell.

yes

because they are just as crazy in the bed as theyr are irl and generally like to be dominated.

Because they are submissive as hell in bed, got a thic, blue haired problematic glasses on a couple of weeks ago.
I probably could've pissed on her and took a dump on her chest if I wanted to.

I got dragged along to this place once. Only good thing about the joint was a hot as fuck hipster bitch with a body to die for.

>mfw all the hipster parasites

Do people call tortillas, pancakes?

I gave $20 once
I also cleaned up and helped to cook traditional Finnish food because they let me stay overnight
I wish I could use similar concept here but the bureaucracy comes in way

oi m8 they shoulda opened one in St Kilda where all da ice heads at.

>Mexican
>Vegan
Choose only one, gringos.

You might as well stab us in hearts.

I just donated $150 dollars, thanks for linking OP this seems like a worthy cause :3

WHY HAS NO ONE POSTED THEIR STUPID WEBSITE YET?!!

lentilasanything.com/

These types of people always look like such cliches. It's all very labored and carefully curated.

Being SJWs they probably refused church donations.

How much was it worth for you?

Isn't OC banned in New York? This is either probably a cop or security guard. Trying to disarm him (not that she could with that Safariland holster) would get her into a shitload of trouble.

>$25 for a bowl of lentils

is sydney really this cucked?

>traditional finnish food

amazed a german is aware of the extent of the ice problem in melbourne

Yeah because they're brainwashed.

>Collage of all the people who support them.
>Its a bunch of fucking hippies.
I can only wonder why this place is sinking. Only respectable person on there is a fucking doge.

$25 is little money for employed people. It's not different from charity.

>lentilasanything.com/stop-kalais-deportation/

Looks like their cook is an illegal alien who is facing deportation ah hahahaha

Underrated

Everything changed when the muslim nation attacked

They spell "a la carte" wrong ("al a carte", as if it was arabic and not French).

Kek

You haven't noticed?

People demand everything now, yet are willing to give nothing.

It's a subtle thing, but it continues to widen every single day.

Like clockwork