Jessica Jones Ongoing by Her Creators Officially Announced

First hinted at WonderCon.

Here’s the official solicit text for the upcoming comic, set to launch this Fall:

JESSICA JONES #1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • MICHAEL GAYDOS (A)
COVER BY DAVID MACK

She is back after a decade! A lot has changed in the Marvel Universe and there are still many secrets hiding in the shadows. Secrets only a special woman like Jessica Jones can hope to uncover. Discover the haunting secrets from Jessica’s past in this blistering new series. Alias Investigations is open for business.

32 PGS./RATED PARENTAL ADVISORY …$3.99

Excerpts from sauce (ign.com/articles/2016/07/11/jessica-jones-returns-with-new-comic-by-original-creators):

>"You're going to find out about it in the first issue. We're going to open up a book where Jessica's world has blown up in her face. She's at a place you'll least expect her. You're going to find all of her relationships have altered. And we're slowly going to find out why. I do like writing Jessica where we have to figure out 'why this has happened,” Bendis said in a phone interview, taking extra care not to spoil anything.

>The main reason Jessica Jones is getting a new book now instead of, say, last year alongside her show’s debut, is because Bendis wanted to wait until he could “get the band back together,” i.e., work with Gaydos on interiors and David Mack on covers, just like on Alias. With all of their schedules now in sync, the new series is a reality.

>"I've worked with other artists on Jessica and always enjoyed it, but in my mind she never looks and feels and breathes and smells more like Jessica than when Michael draws her,” Bendis said, recalling their long friendship and working relationship that started with them attending art school together.

>The reception of Jessica Jones’ Netflix show was generally positive across the board, but that doesn’t mean Bendis is changing the comic to be more like the show. The show and the comic take place in very different Marvel universes, so don’t count on Hellcat, Nuke and all of Jessica’s quirky neighbors suddenly popping up in the comic. However, the show’s impact on the comic is not lost on Marvel Comics Executive Editor Tom Brevoort.

>“That may find its way to the planet Earth for realsies eventually. Stay tuned,” Bendis said.

-end of exceprts-

Well damn, I'm actually excited about a Marvel comic I guess. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid like break her up with Luke, I'm excited.

>Jess gets a Book

OH YE-

>We're going to open up a book where Jessica's world has blown up in her face. She's at a place you'll least expect her.

Oh, no. Marvel is gonna destroy the only good relationship in the whole verse.

Bendis NOW

>le ebin cocksleeve meme

Luke hates her. She hates Luke. They only got married because he didn't want the Avengers to find out he date raped her and she's a highschool dropout with no means of supporting herself.

I actually want that to happen as a Cage fan

Are you ready for best comicbook relationship to get book again?

Don't you want cage to be happy?

5 issues before break up

They're only good in the sense that they're allowed to exist. No one cares to write them but Bendis has enough clout to protect them from being senselessly torn apart for drama ironic

I would say Bendis writes good street level. But he isn't near being a good writer nowadays.

Yare yare daze...

Thats why he wants them to break up

Street level like Moon Knight?

>he date raped her
What? if that's indeed the case, it's a retcon because that never happened in the Alias run

It'll be bad, don't really care

But it seems like Bendis is on a lot of fucking books right now. Given that his quality is already so poor is it wise for him to have so many books?

His Moon Knight wasn't that bad. It was just slightly better than mediocre. End of Days is still one of my favorite comics yet he's probably the worst writer working in the industry nowadays.

>We're going to open up a book where Jessica's world has blown up in her face. She's at a place you'll least expect her. You're going to find all of her relationships have altered
Well that sounds ominous

>No Hellcat
I don't want Bendis writing Patsy but I do think she should have friends outside of her marriage and her baby. Luke has Danny, Jess should have someone too

He likes to pack on as many books as he can get.
Gets more money that way.
It's not wise but hiring him in the first place wasn't wise.

Doesnt she have Carol?

The script for End of Days was done over a decade ago so it still falls as old bendis.

Probably hates her after CW2.

True, I'm sure Cage and Danny get wrapped up in it.

When was the last time they were on panel together?

Carol has another Jessica with a kid to hang out with

I don't know...the concept worked as MAX title, it'll be all-ages?

'bit late innit?

No, but who else would Marvel use? Most of their big name guys from just a few years ago, guys like Remender, Fraction or Hickman, left for indie land and they still don't have anyone they have pushed to that level, doesn't help they let DC snap up King.

They first fuckon-page while she is speech slurring drunk and he is utterly sober, owning the bar. She comes on to him, but it can be argued she isn't in control of her faculties. I don't think I would go as far as rape, but Luke is pretty much an asshole to her. When she comes to him for help, he immediately assumes it's a booty call and shuts her down.

Sure, they make up later and he does help by sending Murdock, but it was a rough start. I think by the end of Pulse they do have strong feelings for eachother, and by New Avengers they are happily married. In love? I guess. But it's certainly no sweet romance. It's 'real' like much of Jessica and Luke's stories.

Awesome. I've been really looking forwards to this since the Netflix show did well. It's a shame that despite claiming otherwise, she is almost certainly going to end up in the 'show'/Alias status quo, alone, an alcoholic again, and messed up again.

That said, it was only her low-tier popularity that allowed her to ever have any form of stability and happiness. Now comes to pain of popularity and the status quo.

I can't bring myself to be pissed (if they do ruin her marriage with Luke and/or put the baby on the bus) because she is too interesting of a character to be a stay at home mom. They only gave her an 'ending' because they never expected her to be anything more than a popular short-run/experiment in Alias and Pulse.

Only because she was originally supposed to BE Spider-Woman/Drew but Bendis wasn't allowed to use her, and created Jones.

It seems like writers are pretty much focusing on the original friendship, while Jones is a stay at home mom.

She and Patsy became friends in Hellcat, so she likely will show up. Especially if Hellcat is indeed cancelled?

I expect we'll see plenty of returning characters from Alias. I'm hyped. I really liked Alias.

And perhaps because there is little drama to be had in breaking up a B-list street hero and his wife who starred in a short run. They were unimportant enough that they were allowed to be happy. Until the dark times. Until Jessica Jones entered the MCU and became somewhat popular.

I hope they stay together, or just have a period apart, as I did like them being happy together.

But going by image related, it looks like she is drinking hard again.

Most likely something in CW2 is going to get her ostracized. We never did get an explanation for why Danielle has green eyes. Clearly Jessica was never a skrull, so there has to be another explanation. (Luke is a skrull?)

>put the baby on the bus

Is there some information about her Captain America version in USAvengers?
Maybe she's not a different universe version but a time travel one Cable 2.0

>there is little drama to be had in breaking up B-List street hero and his wife
You say that but cheap drama is cheap drama.

>that doesn’t mean Bendis is changing the comic to be more like the show.

I don't believe that for a second.

Dunno, but that was something I considered they might do. Kill original Jessica, and bring in one closer to the Netflix status quo who basically tells Luke and the baby to fuck off. That would give him the interesting angle of being a single dad in Power Man and Iron Fist, and leave her to be 'free' to self destruct in her own ongoing. But it looks like whatever they are doing, it's still 616 Jessica, with something unrevealed from her past that has either shaken her or shaken how other people perceive her. Guess we'll see.

True, but they had plenty, as this was during the whole Secret War leading into Civil War period.

I think it's time for a short story time, to catch people up to where Jessica is these days.

Don't, because she is dressed exactly like in the show, drinks again, met Patsy in Hellcat, has reopened Alias Investigations already, AND it sounds like they are self destructing her current life and putting her back to near square one.

It might end up being for the best, because she's been a side character with sparrodic appearances for nearby a decade now, with maybe one or two one-shots.

>More Bendis

Shit.

He's not bad with Jessica.

The end. I thought this was going to be the jump off point for Alias NOW, but looks like they have something more dramatic in mind.

He is bad with everything. His creative well dried up years ago. Anyone who thinks this will be good is delusional.

>yenta
is this more jewish gibberish?

>delusional.

Guess I am then. I prefer it to being a cynic in this case.

>hurr durr

We all thought the same about Miles.

lololloololollolololololol

King was Marvel's to snap up, not DC's.

>every single one of those costumes have changed because they're too sexy

Funny that Bendis is now going to ruin one of his own few good works.

>leave her to be 'free' to self destruct in her own ongoing.
again? how many times does Marvel has to repeat the same stories for their characters?

I can just imagine Jessica flying into battle and hen realising she doesnt actually know how to fight. She'd make a cappy landing and get into a scuffle with a c-lister like Griffin, and stab him in the neck with that giant jewl she has on her waist

I just hope she curses like a sailor again. (Just not around the baby)

how many books is this madman writing

Oh shit another Bendis boo-
Oh wait, Jessica Jones?
...I am cautiously optimistic, I've always hated Bendis EXCEPT for Jessica Jones... maybe it's the one thing he can write well?

I'm surprised that Bendis didn't retcon her into a Mexican toaster oven.

Alias was under the MAX imprint and this is just regular Marvel, so yeah, there's no chance there'll be anything more than PG-13.

Just imagine if Bendis didn't have so many books and editors forced him to put more effort into them and told him to do it again if he did any copy and pasted panel shit.

I love Jessica, I fell in love with her in the first arc of Alias more than a decade ago but jesus fucking Christ Bendis became a monster that eats his own vomit jut to trow up on a page again and call it a day.
I don't know how to feel about this, I seriously don't

Hello darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again...

Oh boy can't wait for reused panels galore.

>We're going to open up a book where Jessica's world has blown up in her face. She's at a place you'll least expect her.
>everybody is expecting her to blow up her marriage
Bendis and Marvel are that predictable.

Bendis is stretching himself way too thin.

some salty ass people on twitter that Bendis is writing this. But bc he's Bendis and this is about a woman.

Like people just call him a bad writer at this point.

>mfw benis redeems himself by killing the baby

With all the weight he put on, he has enough to go around.

>One of the early arcs is a custody battle for Danielle.
>Despite being an ex-con, Luke is known to have been innocent, has a stable 'job', is well loved in his community, and has Danny's wealth behind him.
>Jessica is a recovering alcoholic whose job is generally looked down upon and not particularly stable, and [whatever else is dug up about her.]
>Matt chooses to represent her.

I'd read it. It could make pretty good background drama, especially if Luke won. His books get the addition of a single dad plotline I think would really suit Luke especially. Jessica gets the drama of trying not to sink deeper than ever into the bottle, and finding purpose after once again failing at life.

Any word on a release date or something?

Just fall, so far, but probably Octoberish since CW2 is supposed to be over by then

>Bendis
>thin

How many fucking books does he need?

He has to be writing like 6 for Marvel Nower?

Bendis can do a good job. His Daredevil is solid and Jessica Jones is a great comic. New Avengers had some good arcs and Spider-man's alright too. X-men had cool ideas, but nothing ever came of anything. And his Guardians is just garbage.

That said, that Civil War II comics was pretty good. Thanks for the story time user. I'm looking forward to her ongoing now. This is what Bendis needs to write.

He said he's going to be writing 8 books for Marvel NOW. 6 Marvel NOW and 2 ICON creator-owned:
>Jessica Jones
>Spider-man
>Infamous Iron Man
>Invincible Iron Man
>Guardians of Earth
>Powers
>Scarlet
Which leaves one book left to announce.

>every single one
Isn't Mockingird's current costume literally identical to what she's pretty much always worn?

Mockingbird's new costume isn't too different really

That remains to be seen but he's doing a lot of comics and so far none of them are good.

Lets face it the guy might have given his 100 percent before but now he barely can muster a 15 percent nowadays, he even sucks with his own stuff.

cuck

So Bendis is doing....

Doom Iron Man
Invincible Iron Man
Spider-Man
GotG
Jessica Jones
Scarlett
Civil War II (which he'll wrap up)
Powers

Plus he is writing for the Powers show and he plans to do more...

Creatir work aside because I can't speak or thay, holy shit he should fucking drop some stuff because his Marvel stuff is fucking dogshit, his writing is suffering but I guess that it keeps selling which is why he keeps getting more.

She still loses the battle in the end but she has visitation rights with Dani and she makes her peace with Luke.

Luke and Danny then raise Dani together

>More Bendisshit
It feels like Bendis is the only writer on Marvel...

He counted Civil War II when he said he was writing 8 books at the time and he also said something alomg the lines "I got more to announce" and "and believe me I can write more"

Really getting tires of Bendis but the man won't stop until he has written every single Marvel comic there is, he said it himself, so at one point we will have a shittt Bendis Thor and Bendis Cap comics.

>She still loses the battle in the end but she has visitation rights with Dani and she makes her peace with Luke.

Yeah, would work nicely.

They might even get back together, eventually after the Defenders on Netflix does well, and they get a All-New team book.

Huh, we just basically wrote years of background plot to whatever the main plotline is. You're WELCOME Bendis.

Kill the baby

>Matt chooses to represent her.

Could that even work? All I know about Daredevil is through comics over a decade old, his appearance in Alias/Pulse, and that he was arrested in Civil War. Wasn't his identity outed (and it made a big media thing) ages ago? Can he even still practice law?

i want to take the chance to ask you this
why jojofags like you are so autistic?

He did something that erased his identity to everyone but Foggy

He's not a defense attorney anymore and is working in the DA's office which is weird

Ah, thanks user. Naturally though, thanks to the Netflix show, he will soon end up back as a defense attorney with Foggy as his partner, because status quo and fuck progress.

Nelson & Murdock ceased to exist by the end of season 2 of that show didn't it? Foggy got a new job at Hogarth's firm right?

Sure, but I doubt it will stick, as it didn't ever really get off the ground - unless they consider being paid in bannanas and getting to defend the Punisher as a career height.

I suppose they might go solo Matt, but they haven't even been able to show Foggy get shiv'd to death while Matt listens helplessly while on trial for being Daredevil.

Basically everything about this comment is wrong. She fucked HIM (remember the "you fucked me" page"?), he wasn't an Avenger when they got together, and she actually had her own detective buisness.

Why is Alias even canon when it was MAX

That scene, or a page before it, was the moment it was decided to take place in 616. You can tell because literally that EXACT scene happened in Bendis's Daredevil, except we saw what Natasha and Matt were talking about when she went inside, and not what Jessica and Luke were talking about outside.

Seriously? That was just 'empowered woman making terrible life choices' bullshit.

She was barely able to greet him she was so drunk off her ass, even forgetting for a moment it was his fucking bar. Desperately hurting/depressed/suffering from PTSD she drunkenly comes on to him.

Like a true gentleman, he takes her home... and plows her like a cheap hooker, even sticking it in her pooper when she decides to 'self harm by BBC'. Hell, her justification for letting him do it is to 'feel something'. That's the same line cutters use, for fucks sake.

She puts it forwards as if she is 'in control' but it's well established that she is the height of her climactic trainwreck at this point, and her state is even referenced a half dozen times later on. Face it. Luke was an utter asshole who took advantage of a damaged woman who'd had far too much to drink.

Don't just look at the words, read the actual situation. The only thing Luke is innocent of here is that he didn't really know the depths of her damage.

Because they knew it would be a hit? Fuck knows, but I'm glad it is. Reading the continuing family adventures of Jessica and Luke in the Avengers and Civil War was fun and comfy.

It's fucking vulgar.
Benis could have had the decency to, not do that? It's one thing when you get assigned two books and you decide to cross the streams but don't cross a big book like Daredevil with your OC pet book in the outright mature imprint where halfway through the first issue Luke Cage calls himself a big bad nigger and fucks the heroine in the shitter (explicitly)

Well most of the series established it was in a universe with Avengers and Superpowers, unlike the other MAX books, so it's not like it should've taken you by surprise. Ignoring Luke Cage, literally the fifth issue has in an picture with the Avengers, and we're given no reason to believe it's not the actual ones.