It's a "bad guy has seen the error of his ways" episode

>it's a "bad guy has seen the error of his ways" episode

-Xiaolin Showdown

It's a villain was being controlled and mutated since before the series started.

It's a "character shows what he actually looks like for the first time" episode

>it's a "writers confuse Rome and Greece" episode

>good christian children who can do no wrong
>"""""Villian"""""

>it's a "bad guy has seen the error of his ways" episode
>bad guy resumes being evil out of a mix of self-hate, spite and defiance

>It's a "Hades is the devil and Zeus is basically God" episode
This especially pisses me off because Hades was a bro-tier god

>Hades was bro-tier

>Persephone

He got his waifu user

Its completely fine when Zeus and Poseidon pull shit like that but its unacceptable when Hades does it?

Hell, Hades was treating her nicely and lavished her in love while the other gods just rape women whenever they feel like it.

Hades wasn't actually "bro" tier. It is just a Meme, that people developed because they also exagerate how dickish the other gods were.

Keep in mind, even being a dick Zeus was still one of the most loved and adored gods, the same goes for the others, they are still worshiped and people still take a lot of pride on them, even if they are often dicks. This is a thing that the greeks had accepted, their gods had the same vices, mistakes and potential to do good than humans.

Hades wasn't as much of a crazy racist, but saying his name was a bad sign and frowned upon. He was seem as sinister and a mostly reclusive weirdo among the gods.

What I'm saying is that Hades was also seem as some kind of /rk9/.

And he never cheated on her. Hell, when some hottie was trying to sleep with him, Persephone turned her into a mint leaf and crushed her to death.
Hades was still respected and even had quite a few anonymous followers. Plus he and Hermes were bros, how bad can a guy be when he's friends with Hermes.

>saying his name was a bad sign and frowned upon. He was seem as sinister and a mostly reclusive weirdo among the gods.

None of those are necessarily bad traits of Hades himself, those are things other people associate with him that are bad. That's not really proving that Hades wasn't generally a cool guy, that's saying people didn't see him as a cool guy.

Jackie Chan Adventures.

But they are the people who created and used the myths, Hades isn't a real dude so you can compare him with the stories, he is the stories.

>Its a "bad guy becomes good for 5 secs before being bad" episode

That's besides the point. If, in the stories, someone says he's bad but he doesn't perform particularly bad actions, then it's a valid interpretation that the character who said he was bad is wrong and he's misunderstood.

Hades is not a real guy.

If his myths say that he is a weirdo that nobody liked to be next to, he is a weirdo.

>t. biased scribe

>It's a rome was a good barbarians were bad episode

But that's true moron

>t. Marcus Crasiuss

I dunno, bro. Guy seems like kind of a douche.

Original authors from the time said that blond barbarians fucked way better than romans.

Roman girls even started patiing their hair blonde.

>It's a "Bad Guy actually won due to events and failures of the past episodes" episode.

Carthage>Rome

>it's an episode that references Sup Forums

KND was really good at stuff like this. Probably the pinnacle of "deepest lore"

That peppa pig episode was weird

You're missing the point. Being described as a weirdo is different from being shown to be a weirdo. "Show, don't Tell" applies to myths too.

>it's an episode that's nothing but references thrown in your face
>accompanying changes in artstyle optional

Romans are barbarians you dunce, every contemporary cub thought That the Romans were a band of thugs, it wasn't until the Emperor s that this opinion changed and only because the Romans are the only source of history after that.

Something that confused me about KND is that in one episode, they say Father's real last name is Wigglestein. Then in the Operation ZERO movie, his first name (Ben) is revealed, but he is shown to be Nigel's uncle which would likely make his last name Uno.

That is, unless he changed his last name to prevent Nigel from finding out about their bloodline relation. I think in the INTERVIEWS episode, his briefcase has the initials "B.W." on it (anyone remember), which lines up with the theory that he changed his surname.

Yes I know I'm being autistic, but KND was so lore-driven that it's surprising they let this slip through

We aren't show the Lion of Nemedia, or the Bull of Crete try to kill anyone before Heracles showing up.

Did they dindu nothing too?

I really don't get this fixation os treating Hades like he was a saint that started lately. I guess it is just aneed over reaction after he being compared to the devil só much, that when people learned that he isn't so bad, he must be the nicest guy in greek myths.

Yeah, I've been re-watching the series and it, surprisingly, still holds up.

Are you using that image as an example or as a reaction? IIRC that episode was that he was trying to trick the group into thinking that he was an undercover operative.

There's not evidence to the contrary in the case of the Lion or Bull. When your show and tell don't match up, show takes precedence.

Okay, I'm a pleb. What's the general differences?

yep, the people who created concrete, built roads all across Europe, created basic sanitation and created the highest standard of living as well as creating the most stable time in European History were actually the barbarians the whole time.

Makes perfect sense. Next thing you're going to tell me is that germania was actually a shining beacon of prosperity

That one episode was Nigel doing a report on the origins of the KND, Wigglestein could have either been the first "Father" to the Uno line, or the writers could have just retconed it.

>It's a Komatay Wolf Bitch episode

>Romans are barbarians you dunce

The "Wigglestein" name is from the "Adam and Eve" episode, which is told from #1's perspective and is supposed to be about the origin of adults. The story told in it doesn't really fit with anything else told in the series - it portrays Father as the first adult to rebel against children, but Father is later shown to have grown up a child under Grandfather's rule. My opinion is that #1's story is just that, a story, or at the very best, a legend which happened Thousands of years ago, and Father was simply substituted for Wigglestein as a representation for the audience.

Pretty sure his name is just Benedict Uno, maybe Wigglestein is his middle name, who knows.

Oh look, someone watched Barbarians Rising and now thinks he knows everything about Roman History

I could see Freeza actually having this form.

Still would have been better than Golden Freeza.

>it's an episode with Aliens and they use terms like "Praetorian Guard" and the words "Omega" and "Alpha".

>Implying Rome didn't send envoys out into the Galaxy and show other worlds the glory of Rome

>Holy Roman Empire
>Neither Holy nor Roman nor an Empire

You're the kind of person that complains that no one in the star wars galaxy should know what an X is

>He's not black
I guess he's indian?

Mulatto probably.

Charlemagne got the Pope's blessing when he first started the "empire, which is why it's called the "Holy Roman".

As for the "empire" part, well, it was never really governed like an empire, but they styled themselves as the successors to Rome, so they called themselves an "empire" like Rome was.

From the looks of how "CS4" the animation looks;
>It's an episode the network fucked up the pacing on