Barts blue shirt

Why is bart simpsons shirt blue in things like merchandise and promotional things?

I heard it was a way to keep bootleggers confused

I never got why it was so rare to find shit where he was wearing the right goddamned color. I never bought any Simpsons toys as a kid because of that shit

Yeah me too... They made a reference to it in a 2001 episode but I don't think it was ever answered to why

I remember that scene.

there was a bull fight.

Yeah and he wanted a nice calming blue and when homer asked him bart said "I don't have a blue shirt"

i recall a row of bart simpson keychains with an entire rainbow of shirt colors back in 1990 or so

"row of rainbow bart simpson keychains" sounds like a pretty apt description of that entire decade actually

>blue tongue
bart has supreme taste in airheads flavors.

Way of stopping bootleg merch. Fox decreed that Bart would always wear a blue shirt on official merch on the grounds that chink sweatshops wouldn't know this, so they'd produce merch with the orange shirt and thus you'd know it was fake.

Keeping in mind that they did this specially with Bart because he was vastly more popular in Simpsons merch than the rest of the characters.

>make all official merchandise use off-model colors
>only bootleg merch uses the right colors
>everybody buys the bootleg merch instead because the colors aren't wrong and it's cheaper
>???
>profit

>Keeping in mind that they did this specially with Bart because he was vastly more popular in Simpsons merch than the rest of the characters

1991 was a different time. If that were today, Lisa merch would be the most popular because A. Tumblr feminists would identify with her and B. Unemployed manchildren on Sup Forums would buy Lisa plushies and use them as a masturbation aid.

UNA VELA

that's a slight exaggeration don't you think

This seems really counter-intuitive... how exactly were people to know this without being specifically told (which would defeat the purpose of the whole thing because word of mouth would spread to bootleggers eventually)?

I assume this really didn't make much of a difference in merch sales except for maybe three or four years at most when the Simpsons were the most popular (1989 to 1992).

Hell, even Calvin & Hobbes couldn't escape bootlegging and that had no official merchandise outside of comic strip omnibus collections.

Just ignore, there's some Sup Forums raid or a fake raid taking place right now.

Also, nice trips.

On the SNES-era game covers, he wears a green shirt for no apparent reason.

if this is true, the point is probably for them to shut bootleggers down.

>I'm bad Bart! Who the hello are you?