But I mean, this tipping automatically... it's for the birds

>But I mean, this tipping automatically... it's for the birds.

Was he right?

Was he?

I suppose you could always pay customer service jobs more, then this obligation to tip wouldn't be so obscene.

tip 20% or stay the fuck home and eat. it's that simple.

Why? It's not mandatory.

>pay more so that the rich bosses don't need to

In the US companies don't pay their employees to give good service, they pay them to take your order and bring you your food.

The quality of their service is entirely dependent on themselves. That's why it's called a Service Tip. You're paying for the service. People who give good service generally are doing it just for more money. If they stop getting money for long periods of time they stop bothering, and then you get 13 minute waits on refills, because the company only pays them to bring you one drink.

Neither is good service. The restaurant only pays them to show up and do the bare minimum.

20 fucking percent? Didn't know fucking Warren Buffett browsed this board.

that's a pretty fucked up system. It means the customer is paying a fair portion of the waiters' wages for work that, let's be honest, is expected by the employer anyway.

Not really no. A lot of waiters that do poorly get sacked after an amount of complaints. The only reason owners let people tip is thag then they only have to pay whatever extra is needed to complete their wage, aka, they are jewish faggs. Just charge up the prices ffs.

I would always tip unless the waiter/waitress was a complete idiot. Then my brother became a cook and he told me the tips are shared between the staff, which I didn't know. Now I don't tip an idiot server and a food that comes late or is shit.

If you're not a fat ass and only order one entree, 20% is about $4 on average.

>be american
>get robbed on your way to a restaurant by jamal your daughter's new boyfriend
>get served some greasy pizza
>have to give a 80% tip just to avoid jizz in your food
>get shoot by dayqaun your wife's bull on your way home

Is it bad that I only ever do 10%?

>A lot of waiters that do poorly get sacked after an amount of complaints.

t. never actually worked at a restaurant

You have to fuck up immensely to get fired from poor service. The only places that are actually strict on it are the 4-star, 5-star kind of places that have automatic gratuity.

Majority of restaurant employees get fired over attendance. Missing shifts, calling in, being late. They want you there, if you can't do that consistently, you're out. As long as you're not spitting in customers faces, you'll be there as long as you want.

I am an incredibly fat ass. My friends call me "The Penguin."

naaaaaaaaaaah, no halfway decent restaurant lets their staff members work bare minimum and think to themselves "well if they want more tips they can work hard its up to them" they just get fired.

You have no idea how tough the restaurant industry is. Higher prices and with servers who are paid more would it be an expensive novelty. You would go out of business.

I really wouldn't say the system is bad. Servers in the US make a shit load. Most if it is never recorded as taxed income. A server can make $20an hr depending on the location. Same with pizza delivery. I made a shit load even after gas.

It works in virtually all of Europe.

>Then my brother became a cook and he told me the tips are shared between the staff, which I didn't know.

Depends on the place. Most places I worked, the server got all their tips. One place I worked split between the full staff. One place I worked at pooled everyone's tips and then distributed them based on hours, which was awful. 40 hour worker who worked dead morning shifts ended up getting more of the tips than me, because I only worked Fri-Sat-Sun evening, where we made the majority of the actual tip money.

Tipping isnt exclusive to the US you fuckwad

weird how the world outside usa has functioning restaurants

I like the tipping system because it fucks the government over on taxes.

>mfw a restaurant or pizza joint starts adding a mandatory "delivery charge" that doesn't go to the deivery guys at all
I just do carry out at this point, it's not worth having to pay more than half the price of the fucking pizza just for shitty delivery service especially when it's only 10 minutes away.

>Servers in the US make a shit load. Most if it is never recorded as taxed income

What state? Most business are now forced to enforce gratuity logging and taxing. Most places don't even actual log the amount, they have an aggregated average they assume an employee would make based on the location, hours worked and time of day worked and it's automatically taxed.

>40 hour worker who worked dead morning shifts
Ooh, I need a job like that. How do I get one?

Hey guys here's a tip: HAVE SOME SWEET SEX AND THEN YOU WON'T BE PATHETIC VIRGINS ANYMORE. Also kiss my little sweet round ass buff boys

Well I usually only complain or hear complaits (that are sensible) when there is a really big fuck up. There are obvious assholes who will complain if the food is a bit late in a busy day, but actual complaints are pretty rare. By actual complaints I mean shit that also the manager would agree is a fuck up by the waiter.

You can always tell which people have actually worked in a service industry and which haven't.

Steve Buscemi's character is an asshole. Yes, in a free society, you have the freedom to be an asshole if you want. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Find a restaurant that's open in the morning but doesn't have Breakfast options.

Where I worked it was not a desirable shift because you opened at 7am and only started getting customers in your last hour.

This post is so cringe that it actually became the opposite of cringe and I instinctively dove towards it.

but why only food industries? if you should tip them, why not tip everyone else while you're at it?

Thanks for the tip! Heh.

I worked as a waiter and it wasn't harder than any other ordinary job. Yea, working these shitty jobs is hard and tiresome, but please it's not the end of the fucking world.

>You have no idea how tough the restaurant industry is

I do. If you gave people what they wanted ie a pail of ranch apiece they'd start complaining they didn't want it, the dishonest fucks.

>Find a restaurant that's open in the morning but doesn't have Breakfast options.

Why would they do this?

You stupid bigger you do realize the cost will be moved to the consumer either way right? This way it is voluntary so if you're waiter is not doing their job you don't have pay. If the "rich" boss raises the salary of his workers that means the price of the food goes up across the board raising the cost to the consumer even more.

I just realized how dumb it was for all of them to meet together for breakfast in a restaurant with a bunch of witnesses right before they pulled a heist.

I'm astonished and not a little impressed by your candor, Penguin.

good thing everyone else tips for me then

Where do you think the employer gets their money to pay the salaries in the first place? It's ALL from the customer. They are voluntarily entering the business and paying for the experience of being served food. The employer doesn't have a magic money machine powered by fairy dust in the back of the restraunt that he uses to print unicorn cash to pay his employees with

>You stupid bigger

Yes.

This isn't 1950s anymore when even low income families have money to dine out and splash around tipping (which i'm sure started as some keeping up with the joneses dick wagging with people trying to one up / prove they're rich by just throwing money at service staff).

I can't comprehend how truly cucked by corporations / businesses Americans are that they think this it's acceptable as a baseline.

t. Service industry worker from a non-shit country that regularly gets tipped 3-4 times a week because i'm good at my job.

LOOKIN BACK
ON THE TRACK
FOR A LITTLE GREEEEN BACK
GOTTA FAND
JUST THE KAND
OR A'M LOSIN' MA MAND

'Mandatory' tipping is. Which is the context of the Mr Pink quote that started this thread.

Lol go fuck your waiter ass. Get a real job.

Typical

>amerifats have such terrible minimum wage that they need to beg complete stranges to give them a few dollars more so they don't go hungry that night

Can't you people protest or something? Just raise your wages bro

Based Mr Pink. I never tip either.

>I shouldn't have to help people because there are richer people who can do the same thing

GO BACK TO RUSSIA, PINKO

What the hell... Birds tip?

>there are richer people who are legally obligated to in their role as an employer

ftfy

>WAHHHHH I DROPPED OUT OF SCHOOL SO I DESERVE 20% OF YOUR MONEY WAHHHHHHHHHH

Just the exact amount of guys from the crime scene, in matching fucking suits, on a Tuesday at 10am.

BRAVO

In non-tipping countries, if the waiter isn't doing their job then you're still entitled to leave without paying (assuming it's bad enough)

In your case you'd still be paying for the meal minus an arbitrary amount for the service you didn't get

ITT: waiters act like they're Christ on the cross because they bring out a plate of french fries

>dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick
What did Quentin Tarantino mean by this?

Servers are such entitled faggots
Can't wait for robots to replace them

In the USA if you walk out without paying the cost of the meal comes out of the waiters pocket it happens all the time.

that you are a numale cuck

>feet, feet, feet, nigger, feet, feet, nigger feet, feet, nigger, feet, feet
What did Quentin Tarantino mean by this?

t. americuck

Maybe give better service then

the only tip you're getting is from my fedora, now wheres my tendies cuck

>as his mother pays for the meal

Does the waiter in the usa have the right to shoot you if you walk out of the restauraunt without paying him?

>as his mother pays...
>...whitout tipping

yes

lol do americans seriously get "refills" on their drinks?

jesus fucking christ hahahaha

Some people want a burger in the morning.

stay mad

I want to munch her pubic mound

>I recognize that boner

I hope you enjoy all that oil she pours on it.

college is a meme

Tipping is a more ridiculous concept than the average shit you see in a kinoplex thread.

they good attention to their guests and makes sure they're satisfied

>company doesn't even cover the petrol you use while working

america is so fucked
I will NEVER tip by default, and yes I have worked in the service industry

so thats still better, then I can simply look at the real prices for foods on the menu and if I decide its too expensive I won't eat there at all

I don't get it. Are you suggesting she's in league with the Saudis?

lmao
pathetic

remind me to dine and ditch next time I'm in your awful country

Restaurant food doesn't have a completely inelastic demand curve, therefore at least some portion of the wage increase and the subsequent cost increase will be passed onto the supplier (the restaurant owner). If the wages of the waiters are increased to the level the currently are when you factor tips in and dismantle tipping culture the consumer certainly will save money, perhaps a lot

STOP PUSHING THE PROHIBITION ERA TIPPING

STAND UP TO CAPITALISM

forced tips are theft

more like tipical

NO YOU STUPID FUCK, ITS BECAUSE TIPPING BEGAN IN PROHIBITON TO EVADE TAXES FOR MOONSHINEE BARS

LEARN HISTORY

There needs to be a critical mass of people willing to this - otherwise you're just being an asshole to working-class people, without even punishing employers/companies

>giving a fuck about the working class
What is this, Russia?

only in texas

Sure let's just ignore up to ~30-40% of the population

Ah yes, the Donald Trump method.

why tarantino said "big dick" and not "big black dick". is he implying that guy was white?

>it's an americans try to defend their tipping culture thread

It's fucking insane how defensive they get about it. I don't know any other developed nation that is completely dependent on tips to support the hospitality industry.
>mass shootings
>mandatory tipping
>imbecile billionaire president
Until 2/3 of these things are gone I will never stop seeing America as a third world country.