Is this the most hated character in the history of cinema?

I don't think even kid Anakin or Jar Jar Binks was this reviled.

Major miscalculation on Disney's part.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkEgVzE4U54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i wouldnt hate her if her character had relatable flaws. Then again the force is female now so what the fuck do i know

What are you talking about, the mainstream media and every YouTube film review channel ate her up, normies fucking love her.

>normies fucking love her

Normies already dont care about Star Wars anymore they never really did

>2 billion
>normies don't care

user...

The normies ate that shit up like their life depended on it, every normie I know defends Rey to the point of calling Luke a mary sue

The thing I hate most about her is how she made every other character redundant. She knows the Falcon better than Han, she's a better mechanic than Chewie or Han, she's a better pilot than Poe, she's a better fighter than Finn and a better force user and duelist than Kylo Ren. She even saves herself from Ren without needing help from her friends at all. At no point in the story does she need help from another character with the exception of Finn protecting her from Kylo Ren. I mean it's one thing to make a powerful/skilled character and quite another to make literally every other character utterly redundant in the process. That's what I hate about her.

Stop being such an overreactive poof and have a serious think about it, OP. Ideally you'll delete the thread too.

it's the worst fucking character in this shit series.

i can see the lunacy behind people's eyes when they talk about rey positively, i have never met a rey fan who was sane or had an active thought going behind the eyes.

alec called it all. his spirit will come back from the grave and people will know that he was right.

>phantom menace: 55% rating on rotten tomatoes
>attack of the clones: 65%

>force awakens: 92%

you guys really think this little echo chamber is the real world, don't you?

just because every thread on Sup Forums is about how evil feminazi gayjew shitskin libcucks are ruining hollywood doesn't mean that's what the world believes. it means your very weird, very small subset of the world just can't stop screaming at the top of their lungs. not the same thing

She'd be more tolerable if Daisy Ridley isn't ACTING all the time.

She emotes too much, like a caricature, there's little to no subtlety in her facial expressions, it's all grimaces. Like you can pause at any moment in any of her scenes and it's some fucked up inhuman facial expression that goes from nightmare fuel to punchable from frame to frame. And combined with the way she enunciates every word and every hand gesture makes it just annoying to watch.

Come on, Rey's character is obviously an attempt from the writing to push a female character that can stand on her own.
Which is a shame considering how nice the opening shots with her are on Jakku.

This. She was designed in a lab to be liked. Might as well have Kasdan and Abrams elbowing me during the entire movie saying
>Isn't she the best?

>RT scores

sage goes in all fields

This board's contrarianism gets too fucking much sometimes, especially when you can tell that people here are too autistic to realise Sup Forums isn't real life. Of course Rey isn't the most hated Star Wars character since Jar Jar, she isn't even fucking hated?

Sup Forums is infested by Sup Forumstards who believe that evil megacorporate feminazi superkikes are out to faggify their children and by manchildren and newfags just trying to be contrarian to fit in with the trolls and the autists.

OP is a faggot and really needs to an hero

Why? I thought she was ok.

OP didn't write anything about feminism or social conditioning.

OP is talking about Rey's usage of The Force for example being unjustified given previous movies and characters among multiple other traits and occurrences that seem lazily written.

star wars is 80s anyway, so it wont work today. they are just milking it and turning it gay.

it will be considered a joke in 10 years after five shit movies.

I'm pretty sure most people (normies mostly) love her, so no. It's still "cool" to hate Jar Jar but you can't hate the strong woman lead without being called out for it. Either way, all normies and many non-normies unironically love her.

>It's still "cool" to hate Jar Jar
Jar Jar is a legitimately shit character though.

>Reddit tranny once again triggered

False. A fuck ton of normies still love nu-Star Wars.

>Those face
I thank whoever made this image

pfft, like anyone can even remember rogue one.

Of all the thousands of girls that would have loved to play that part AND can actually act, why did they pick her? I know I know, the whole "casting nobodies is a tradition" but still. Did every other girl do worse in the casting? Did they look for someone intentionally bad? Is she Jewish? Watching TFA in the theatre gave me a physically uncomfortable cringe throughout the whole movie.

And there's still 2/3 of the movie to plow through.

I remember those "rumors" that Abrams at some point got mad because she couldn't act. I guess it was too late to get a new actress. How could they NOT see it from the casting video though? You can tell all she does is do silly faces.

dont tell me you havent seen this pile of shit yet
youtube.com/watch?v=UkEgVzE4U54

Everyone loves Rey though. Did you forget to take your medication today, bitch boy?

This animation reminds me of the Tartakovsky Clone Wars. But I can't point out exactly why this new one looks like shit and the old one didn't. I guess it's because I was a kid back then, but even so. Maybe it was the backgrounds, or the colors.
Or the fact that I hate Kathleen Kennedy with a burning passion.

Tartakovsky Clone Wars
Was fucking amazing, but this plot + characters + animation style, makes me mad.

Is it all about women fighting men?

not all storm troopers are men, even though they all have male voices, at least the ones that die.

I think I know why it looks bad: It's because of the way it's colored. In Gendy Tartakovsky's drawings the main characters only had solid colors but in this one, the colors blend. That basically looks bad because it's a bad contrast against the sharp outlines.
In the new one the characters don't stand out against the background so much unlike in the Clone Wars. Also the backgrounds have less detail in the new one.

she looks like a potato

T U M B L R N O S E

Hide viral marketing threads. Do not reply to viral marketing posters. Disney Star wars is soulless cash grab. If you want to talk about it, go to reddit

Dude, Gendy is a fucking artist. All characters are so well designed you can build them out of squares and triangles and they are recognisable. This new shit is just average at best