i2.wp.com/newsmap.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Bitwa-o-Aleppo-5-VIII-2016.png
>Manbij Aug 5
i.imgur.com/bK9Z1VV.png
>Darayya Aug 5
i.imgur.com/ZYrCX1N.jpg

>SouthFront
youtu.be/SYUV9zZI6xQ

>DEVELOPMENTS AUGUST 5
>S.Aleppo phase 1232345 - rebels gain some ground in Ramousah but are repelled eventually - offensive failed
>Handarat camp ongoing battles
>Darayya gains reported - a western part of the pocket gained by Republican Guard&SAA&NDF
>LATAKIA clashes near Shillif castle/hill as Desert Hawks/Marines/NDF attempt to get fire control over Kinsabba

LAST THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/MQdgr
meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AS SALAMU ALYKUM
GLORY TO THE MUJAHEDDIN
TAKBIR!

Here's to another shitfest

First for that our fisk

/sg/ now is just FSA shilling, people who still on denial and people who doesn't know strategy in wars.

Fifth for Bashar!

>I'm the only one that knows strategy

In which of those 3 categories do you fall?

Is it too much to ask for trench warfare at this point?

The only way Syria could get better is if it went full WW1 on itself

Album of some captured equipment and goods.

m.imgur.com/a/MQdgr

the mexican media once tried to tell me that assad was a dictator, just like gadaffi LMAO

I count 4 anons, the rest don't read and you keep telling crying "BUT MUH RUAF WHERE IS IT" or "ISN'T RUSSIYA FAULT, SAA IS INCOMPETENT".

He is no match for the main man.

Fuuug

Well they are right, the only reasonable argument is if the dictatorships are better than what comes after.

It is true for Libya at least.

>strategy
>let the rebels break your siege and capture two of the most defensible positions in all of Aleppo

No wonder the SAA is getting rolled so hard by JAN

Meaning is in people.

inb4 UAE fag talks about overthrowing assad for freedom as if his government gives him any

HAHAHAHA this is the greatest thing ever seeing all you Putinbots and scumbag Assadists crying your eyes out on here over the rebels crushing the psycho Shabiha, Hezboshaytan, mercenary sons of Mutah from Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan the kitten forces and garbage SAA and lifting the siege.

So the SAA got Idliped again?

I don't get the panic. Syrian army will send reinforcements like crazy while the moderate beheaders will over extend and raid like too aggressivly, same shit for the past 2 years honestly.

In the comfy one

>Look, i will place all my force in one spot to die

heh

SAA is truly civilized. Trucks on the left, guns on the right. What gentlemen, always thinking of others.

But throw are reasonable questions and concerns, the RuAF was involved as we saw the cluster munitions being used, but why didn't they bomb them before they got to the college?

Why didn't the SAA put up defenses? There were reports that the rebels were going to attack there, so why didn't they prepare defences? In fact they've been at war for years now, why didn't they have defences to start with?

>Look, i will place all my force in one spot to die
>one spot
>several city blocks now including a hardened military installation thats purpose is to withstand said bombardment
>the loss of a large amount of munitions and equipment and manpower isnt a big deal

Just admit the SAA got owned m8.

Show me your tits;)

That's what the jihadists say, according to their imagination

Just wait a month roach, you have been getting your shit smashed for over a year, I fucking hope you can lift a siege with half the moderate beheaders army in Aleppo.

What's next for SAA? They gonna shoot Assad to get the rebels to proclaim victory and go home? They lost, and they lost because they were too lazy to dig an anti tank trench for four years. It wasn't the Russians and it wasn't some master plan.

>yfw ISIS saved Assad by taking mostly rebel territory

Is the war actually going to ever be won? Who has momentum?

Why do I have a bad feeling about FSA situation in the next days?
Also, how many hospitals with children inside got destroyed by ebil assad and his satanic barrel bombs?

9000 jihadists and constant suicide bombs will do that, the jihadists lost more men than SAA anyway. Even if assad loses all of Aleppo they are going to fight on for atleast 2 more years, if the rebels get routed in this assault the war is over.

Pretty sure nursa are the big dogs of the rebels for over a year and have mostly come to terms with isis

I knew that this will happen, not in hell i would put my troops in a bloodbath, the BVIED's are very effective in those cases.

Because first you need to take out the forces enemy out of they nest and then kill them. Now FSA/Nusra take out many shit out of Idlib and RuAF bomb a lot of shit in Saraqib/Idlib/West Aleppo going to South Aleppo.

And the second, dude, again, main forces, if you they have a huge forces, even if they're competent or not, a huge amount is still huge, you can have 30 badass special forces but if they send you 500 for those 30 guys, they will killed no matter how good they are.

SAA just lure them, actually, i remember some repots of @Midadvisor saying that South Aleppo will be a huge Ping Pong Zone, and that is now.

Ok, then, tell my, what is your strategy for this?

The SAA has couple of days left if they can`t close the gap again allepo will fall. No doubt

HERE TAKE THIS

the terrorists are winning the propaganda war with their incessant cheerleading

as for what's actually happening on the ground, well let's just say there's a 72:1 ratio of dead rats to their promised virgins respectively, if you get the meaning.

>the jihadists lost more men than SAA anyway

Most sources put death tolls on both sides around 500~ ish, that is barely battalion sized.

Both have a lot more men to throw at the grinder. The problem is, and as we've seen throughout this war, a regiment sized battle like the artillery college are extremely rare.

>what is your strategy for this?

For one I wouldn't have lost the 1070 apartments, let alone the college.

I would have constructed more than one bern on the southwest approach, and would have had that entire field pre-bracketed for artillery. Then you would construct several displacement positions where MGs have clear lanes of fire down the field (because it is wide fucking open). From the berm you have more than enough time and space to hit any VBIED coming through your lanes of fire with ATGMs, and you could even mine said berm.

Whoever was in charge there for the SAA fucked up horribly.

Fag

It would take months for them to completely lose aleppo

i don`t get it

Wow, are you from 1941?

It took JAN days to take the apartments and the college, two of the toughest nuts in all of Aleppo. It really wouldn't be as hard as you think.

The question is does either have the man power to make the other one bend over, that is where I have real doubts.

Neither side usually has enough juice to capitalize of gains quick enough.

>Most sources put death tolls on both sides around 500~ ish, that is barely battalion sized.

That was like 12 hours ago

Maybe but time is for the rebels since they have more manpower and can keep reinforce.
At least more than the SAA and a couple of weeks would be more accurate

Nice rebuttal hombre.

War has stalled everywhere except for Aleppo and Manjib.

Aleppo: SAA vs rebels
Manjib: SDF vs ISIS

Both places are in the northwestern parts of Syria.

That's because they Zerg rushed after a week of mobilizing. Rebels only outnumber the SAA 3 to 1 in Aleppo and that is the bare minimum for siege warfare raiding, probably much higher for metro fighting when the besieged side is alerted.

While the SAA might not have the man power advantage the rebels do, they have equipment/air superiority where THEORETICALLY, this should make the SAAs job much easier.

*Manbij

Lose a fortified hilltop position on first attack.
Military logic and SAA don't really go together.

yeah after 5 years that would be their final advantage

Is Assad trying to encircle the Kurds?

The only thing that concerns me is that SAA command made pretty stupid mistakes the past 2 to 3 days. They should have realized that the rebels will throw everything at aleppo. Nursa and the so called moderates have no problem with risking the enitre war for the city as much of a crossroads and morale point that it is.

>VBIED come to your defense line
>Mines don't kill them, hard as fuck thanks to US Army
>BOOM, goodbye MGs
>Trying to ATGM's the motherfucker
>Militants fire from all direction with mortars and heavy MG
>Can't fire to the VBIED, BOOM

And this Zerg Rushed attack imo could liberate the siege in 3 days but even that FSA/Nusra fucked up with many things.

Honestly, the SAA is so hit and miss it is frustrating. No established unit should have ever lost the 1070 apartments, let alone the college.

Like what the fuck was going on?

To be fair JAN looked really good in their videos, they definitely schooled whatever SAA unit was garrisoned at the college.

you hear them talking about those promised 72 virgins for every terrorist dying by gunfire or snackbaring themselves.

in this case there's so many of them getting killed the terrorists are now outnumbering the promised virgins 72 to 1

A central main push while they flaked the sides with VBIED. But SAA manage to put a lot of pressure in the 1070 Complex for days and delaying the main wave.

>Like what the fuck was going on?
meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

>A central main push while they flaked the sides with VBIED

They had berms constructed that funneled them into one spot in the southwest dumb ass, they could have easily hit them with ATGMs or even mined the area if they were competent.

The SAA left the front line and displaced to the college allowing JAN to get in close and merk them, they are just shit at infantry engagements, even with a wide open field and hardened positions, AND air support.

Explains a lot honestly.

I would also strongly suggest reading this book.

>What are Bulldozers

Something that weren't present at the initial push? Lol?

You think a slow moving, un-armored tractor essentially would be a game changer in an open field where solid lanes of fire can easily be present?

SAA can be extremely dogshit, this is one of those times they fucked up, stop trying to act like this is some genius high level tactical move on behalf of regime command lel.

Have some Iraqis.

what would the US do if the kurds started fighting the rebels? who to support there?

Yeah, no. There were no mines, no trenches, no fortified MG nests, no anti tank ditches, no atgm teams. And the video of the SVBIED shows it was a truck with bolted on rusted steel plates and tje second one was a BMP with few bolted on plates. A heavy machine gun would have stooped them, not to mention and RPG-7 or any atgm.

The Kurds, or they would strong arm the Kurds into absorbing whatever "FSA" element they have contact with.

They want a Kurdish-Arab fighting force, not just Kurds.

they will keep supporting both of them secretly

They built one (one) berm on the southwest approach which actually did do its job of rerouting the VBIEB forcing it to drive along it and all the way down, to be fair.

But yeah, they weren't even manning said berm to stop VBIEDs from driving right up.

They have fought each other before the US just stayed out of it. They've also joined forces though, the FSA groups in central and eastern-northern Syria joined the YPG and made the SDF.

>What if
Already happened in Azaz, rebels got fucked and then they had to beg the kurds to stop parading their bodies through the streets.

This is the first time I've been on a Syria General/

Who are you guys rooting for?

Assad?
Rebels?
ISIS?

all of them

want to see them kill some nursrats, if they keep pushing west does anyone think they'll start fighting?

Ultimately I'd love Assad and the SAA to prevail, but I enjoy watching what the Kurds are up too and even what JAN is doing.

JAN particularly because they seem fairly competent and have their shit on lock compared to many other groups fighting in the war, they are beyond a rag tag militia. On the other side we have Hezbollah, both are fun to watch operate. Very professional and know what they are doing after 5 years of conflict, so its fun to see how these groups have developed over time.

I`m waiting for the time ISIS start treating to attack Israel and Saudi Arabia...

Assad. Shills started going for fsa though. Ottoman in particular is a jihadist cheerleader

The SDF if the only group I can actually say I like in this war,.

It's hot and undefined.

If things continue at this pace, Assad is bound to win. However, a total disaster will be Al Nusra, the top rebel group atm, agreeing to an alliance with ISIS. That would be disastrous.

Fanatically support Assad.

Event with it, they had 500 meters from it to those three buildings marked active artillery battalion and 800 meters to any of the collage buildings. Also that berm probably contributed more to Nusra than to SAA, it allowed the first SVBIED to approach the base protected from SAA in 1070. Even few video later showed rebels moving under its protection. But still the whole base is on a hill, they new for days that the attack was coming, they knew that Nusra likes using SVBIEDs. No one though, lets dig a meter wide and a meter deep ditch around the base. I guess they never head of "ether you are moving or digging"

I killed kebabs today. Did I do gud?

Probably won't happen, they've already been pushed out of the area that borders Saudi Arabia in Iraq and I think they have a very tiny pocket near the Israeli controlled Golan heights. But that region of the war has stalled for quite some time. Not much happens there.

What is possible is that ISISs ideology infects Saudis, Palestinians and Gazans. That could be a recipe for happenings.

They beheaded some durka in saudi arabia a few months ago. Most saudi sunnis live to well to ever rise against the royals even though I suspect many hate them

MANBIJ ALMOST TAKEN

LAST POCKET BEING POUNDED BY KURDISH DONG

>Nusra allying with ISIS
Never in a million years, Nusra's tactic is to embed with the "mainstream opposition", and that tactic worked perfectly well, allying with the public enemy nÂș1 of the world is not gonna help them, no matter how much close they are ideologically

based kurds, al-Bab next?

I think they're going to Jarabulus, if the US leaflets being dropped there is any indication.

Aren't they the same thing as the FSA basically?

Also I'm pretty sure the leadership wouldn't condone full jihad against them when they are likely their main benefactor

Nah, they are taught by their religious leaders that the royals are "blessed by Allah" to rule the Arabian peninsula, what they really fear is ISIS ideology, which says that they are the ones that are "blessed by Allah" to rule over Muslims. So if ISIS manages to somehow get through Saudi propaganda and reach the people of Saudi Arabia then it could be bery bad for them.

They are what the FSA could have been if you think about it.

No, mainly YPG with some FSA attached, this makes it easier for the SDF to work with Arab locals and defeat ISIS. They've gotten along well so far, it is probably the best example of what a post war Syria should be like.

Can't find it on libgen, I'll keep a lookout for it though.

This is about right, shame they got cucked so hard by Islamists.

YPG and Assad

All the more reason to bog down the Syrian Army. The more they have to fight the rebels, thus the less they fight ISIS, the more territory the SDF can snatch up.

Yup, if we didn't pussy foot most of 2011-2013 and went all out with our support of the Kurds/rebels I doubt ISIS would have ever gotten as big as they did, same goes for JAN.

Islamists kind of high jacked the civil war in a way, reminds me of Afghanistan in the early 90s. I wonder if the administration was just so spooked about that happening again they thought ignoring it would have sorted things out themselves.

Yeah sort of, it makes me think that is the reason why the SAA tried so hard to create a corridor to Raqqa a coupe of months back.