Why do people buy large TVs? Just move closer to your 24 or 27 inch computer monitor. It makes no difference visually

Why do people buy large TVs? Just move closer to your 24 or 27 inch computer monitor. It makes no difference visually.

People are constantly telling me to buy one. I have six figures in the bank yet $500 for a TV seems to be a huge waste of money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-fng-yJ_weE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lonely faggot with no sense of aesthetics and understanding of comfort

>aesthetics
My 24" IPS monitor is calibrated and has decent contrast.

Bait likely, BUT you have a point when it comes to large 'phones' and iPads, in that, they're not the tiny screens of 5 years ago. If you're laying in bed, watching on a 7plus, or iPad or something, it's the same relative size to looking 8 ft across the room at your tv.

Really not bait. I'm contemplating getting a TV but struggle to convince myself of it. I never have people over.

How much money do you have in the bank exactly? The best way to prove it is to transfer everything to my account so I can check. Don't worry I'll transfer it back!

The people that you would probably call normies don't own desktop computers and haven't done so in over a decade.

Just around $100000 because I'm very frugal I still buy $20 pants and bargain bin plain white shirts. Never go out etc

>Never go out
How did you make money? e-trading?

People own large televisions because they have friends and family that they watch movies and stuff with in the living room.

Crypto arbitrage using my own software
I was broke 2 years ago, and still live like I am

I live alone in a decent sized apartment and bought myself a TV to encourage myself to use more than just my bedroom.

Well, then it's a convenience thing. Do you *want* to have to move closer, or would you rather be able to see a larger picture from father away. You can get decent tvs for like $400.

Fair enough. If that's the only reason to have a large TV, I don't need one then

Do you need a part-time employee bro? I have a lot of free time.

Also want to be an employee.
I can also be your friend if you want to.

The bigger the screen the more realistic things look. Watching a car chase in the theatre is way more exciting than watching it on your puny 24 inch.

Cause they have families that watch together, you lonely nerd.

I have a 6ish year old plasma, and it's not as crisp as many newer tvs, but i really enjoy the richness and vibrance of color.

Why no gf, OP?

having a girlfriend is gay as fuck

real men live alone

Women are fucking awful.

OP confirmed as a loner virgin. What a stupid question.

They have people and pets (and pizza) to cuddle on the couch

They don't want a kyphotic spine by sitting 1 foot away from the screen

Also: setting up an aesthetically pleasing and functional movie room with an impressive television and surround sound is probably the only reason (aside from bulls and sustinence) to have a job.

/thread.

*bills

why would you want to sit on a chair at your desk when you can sit comfortably at you couch or bed?

>I have six figures in the bank yet $500 for a TV
No you don't.

No. You don't.

No. Just stop. Don't interrupt me.

Don't even bother trying to post some "evidence". You don't. $500 is like a fucking sandwich to someone with six figures saved. It's an afterthought. You don't have close to that amount of money to be posting a stupid question like this honestly contemplating why others spend $500 on a TV but you can seem to justify it to yourself.

How can I be comfortable if I'm not sitting in front of my computer?

fpbp

youtu.be/-fng-yJ_weE

>I have 6 figures in the bank

You don't count after the decimal

It's a nice vocal point for a room. People can gather round it while their eating etc, snuggling a at.

I agree with the other poster that OP is poor. I'll also add that he's probably an autist.

I have a 32 inch monitor that's just fine for me sitting in my bedroom watching shit... but my mate has a 60 inch in his living room and to be fair it's so fun watching football or movies on it.

I see your point though, if you're fine just using a small one then you don't need to spend loads to get a big one that you're not even bothered about getting.

I had a 27 inch 1080p monitor and it looked kind of bad because it was so clear. I think 1080p is meant to be viewed at a distance on a bigger screen. It's more smoothed out that way. Tv is better. Monitors just have way too much clarity. I can see all the jagged edges and pixels. What if you could turn on anti aliasing for movies?

Same reason people buy big cars, over compensation for their tiny penis

Movies are being released in 4K now, you can just get a 27" 4K monitor.
Also if you're downloading movies online the quality will never be the same as a Blu-ray, unless you're downloading a Remux.

Even if you're by yourself, sitting on your couch with your feet up is more comfy than sitting at a computer monitor.

There are actually people who occasionally view television/movies in the company of other people, rather than alone in a darkened room that smells of farts.

The brain unconsciously judges the size of objects based on distance and this has an effect on the percieved size of objects on the screen.

A good example is a movie like Pacific Rim. The film literally doesn't make sense for viewing outside the cinema because your completely lose the sense of scale that can only be conveyed by watching a truly giant screen from several yards away.

Nobody has tried to give a good geometric explanation.

Things appear smaller and less grand than when viewed further away despite occupying the same angle of your view. The closer you get to something the more the perspective warps and curves towards the perceived horizon in your eyes.

You can apply this to things like buildings. A small model of a building occupying the same space in your view compared to the massive real thing further away looks obviously not as impressive. This way your brain interprets scale in space is one of the main reasons seeing on a big screen is objectively better. This optical effect is related to an important part of architectural photography which introduces many things to consider.

>senseofscalemind.jpg

This

OP most likely made a couple of thousand bucks with crypto and is over exaggerating

Not him and I'm like that.
But I am not american, so you guys probably wouldn't understand.

>movie room
>impressive television
lmao. get a projector, screenlet.

yeah man. I watch all my kinos on my Samsung Smartwatch, I just put it about half inch infront of my eyes, basically the same as an analog IMAX literally no difference

I got to $100k precisely because I don't lavishly spend $500 without thinking it through.

Poorfags can't comprehend that most people with money are thrifty.

>No. Just stop. Don't interrupt me.

99% of monitors have atrocious contrast ratios.

I have $300,801 in my savings account, and I wouldn't consider 500 bucks a sandwich

Vaginas are gross.

fuck off karl

>32 inch 4k ips

feels good

$500 on a tv would be a waste of money, you should be spending at least $800