Will you watch Light Turner's show?

Will you watch Light Turner's show?

youtube.com/watch?v=w-sWV1R3eyM&t=0s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gvxNaSIB_WI
youtube.com/watch?v=xMg0P2M5WXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are those going to be the actual actors?
If so, im not going to bother watching the trailer.

Yes, Light Turner and Black L. They changed Misa Amane to Mia Stutton which is a cheerleader. Looks completely different.

Alright, Im good on all that. Thats all I needed to hear along with Cuck Lights faggot face and black L. RIP

>show
it's a movie retard

i am only care about William defoe doing ryuk

Looks like Dragon Ball Evolution 2.0

i get that vibe from this

>"a really cool concept"
>"kick-ass.."
>"fuckin awesome"
>"my brother watches anime.."

yea this gonna be suck, mediocre at the very best

Thanks for the correction bro

not really, just looks like a different interpretation with similar tone and themes

the japanese movies already tried to copy the manga and failed horribly, might as well try something less obvious

This is your L from now on.

Its a good actor. and since its an American setting not unrealistic he'd be black..

Isn't Light supposed to be super handsome? I find that more offensive than the black L. L is just supposed to look weird, which this actor does.

dont give a fuck. this exists

Yikes

>a dark, edgier Death Note

why do they not let this franchise die? They made a manga, an anime show, three movies, a live action show and now another live action show in the US and another movie in Japan, are death note fans really that hardcore? I read the manga when it was new and it ended right there for me, I had no idea it was still going

>3 movies
Whaaat?

Trailer

Holy miscast batman.

No L feet close-ups? Why bother?

You can go kill yourself now, Netflix PR. Take your trash with you.

there are two death note movies plus an L spin-off that takes place after the second movie, and now they're making a fourth one in japan or maybe it's out already? It's another sequel to those three

What the fuck is the guy from Atlanta doing

Why is he called Kira when Americans can say Killer?

Will they throw in a subplot where they initially suspect an Irish girl?

So HOL UP

>Light saying "we're not the good guys anymore""

Seems pretty out of character.

The hell..I knew about the live action movie, but didn't know there were animated movies.

So you sayin we wuz autistic sleuthz and shieeeeet?

urghhh why not just make the Death Note as the main theme and use a whole new set of characters? They all look awfully wrong

still better than a nigger L

could b kino desu

this looks so shitty i dont even care that L is a nigger now. i mean if it were good i would care, but it wont be

confirmed trash. even from the OP you just feel that they don't know what they're doing

>movie is very edgy
Dropped

the movies are all live action

>not really, just looks like a different interpretation with similar tone and themes

Only if you suffer from severe mental retardation.

DB Evolution all over again.

Looks like it could be better than the anime and potentially better than the manga even. Don't even care if L is a nignog only weebs would.

this looks nowhere near the departure that dragon ball evolution took from it's source material, fuck off

I don't mind him being black but what the fuck is with that actor they cast? He's supposed to be creepy and weird-looking, not some random well adjusted black student.

The absoloute worst thing about this is that basicaly nothing about any of their characters is the same besides the first name and a 3 word summary. It's like someone read the synopsis and filled in the blanks and the result is a faggoty crybaby light who belongs in an young adult novel adaptation instead of the manipulative pokerfaced mastermind. It looks like they actualy put him in the relationship and make him care about her instead of manipulating her and using her for his own ends. Why even bother calling it deathnot when it's not besides the names, the book and the shinigami.

L is being played by some nigger

>all the fake rage about how they changed Light into a white guy
>nobody gave a shit that L was changed into black guy even though he's white in the manga/anime

Oh, okay I saw the 2 part tv movie. It seemed like you were implying the 3 movies weren't live action.

The only reason I'm looking forward to this is to see all the videos that will be made ripping it to shreads.

>live adaption of anime

we've been over this

there's three live action movies, and a live action tv show, and they pretty much tell the same story though the tv show sticks closer to the manga

It would be weird if they kept Light as a Jap in an american highschool committing genocide on americans.

AYO WASH MY FEET WHITE BOI
WE WUZ AUTISTIC MASTERMIND DETECTIVES N SHIET

>Misa Amane to Mia Stutton which is a cheerleader
all things considering, Idolshit = cheerleader actually works.

are they reusing 13 reasons why stuff?

That's the best thing. The original has terrible characters.

Yeah, i agree. None of them were even colored. I mean, come on its 2017.

wtf did they do to ryuks face?

goth lolita =/= goth cheerleader that looks and acts like the sister from Mr. Robot

It's really not. Nobody gives a fuck about cheerleaders outside of high school. Why couldn't they just make her a teen pop star? America has those.

ikr? he looks like his face is all bunched-up and really poorly modeled. looked like a fuckin' troll doll.

I don't give a shit about Light being a beta or L being black, but did they really have to make this a movie? wouldn't a series work better in every situation?

L is part japanese in the manga

They were caricatures, not real human beings. Most anime characters are like that.

it would be unreasonable in western entertainment for that person to not be followed and stalked everywhere she went and being with him would be impossible in secret.

and german and british and french

I love pretending Death Note is a masterpiece that could be somehow ruined forever instead of entry level shit.

Death Note
>kike
>nigger
main two characters.
Not watching that shit.

But that's exactly the point. Did you forget the whole reason she got a Death Note is cause she had a stalker that tried to kill her and the shinigami saved her? Why would some idiot cheerleader have a stalker? It makes no goddamn sense. Also her being an idol plays into the same kinda theme that Light has: somebody that is a public darling and lives a brilliant public life is secretly a monster who kills without any remorse.

That's the other thing that really pisses me off, they totally ruined the point of Light's character and how he plays off of L.

Exactly. They can't create a feeling of mystery or suspense when they only have a 2.5 hour maximum time-frame. I wish more studios or whatever followed the HBO miniseries model of 10 or so mini movies.

Yeah man race isnt real bro, we wuz cartoonz n shiit

It's a solid story and not even hard to translate to live action film (Japan managed it pretty well even while changing the story around a bit) but America can't do anything right. They utterly destroyed Light's character and made the whole thing stupid.

Would he make a better Light?

Yeah, the fact that they went with grungy school shooter shows that they completely misread the character.

I guess a good-looking, popular guy being crazy isn't believable in Hollywood.

"Lawliet" doesn't really come across as a Japanese name to me, and even Watari was an English guy whose really name was fucking "Quillsh Wammy".

Its set in America black people are one of the main populations in america I don't see the problem. If it was set on mars he'd be a green alien, if it was set in the ocean he'd be a fucking merman it only makes sense.

yes. give him the L emo hair cut and he would be decent

Light character is a joke.

>Japan managed it pretty well
Yeah, if you like laughable acting and terrible CGI.

Trailer is so shit not even Willem Dafoe could save it.

>I guess a good-looking, popular guy being crazy isn't believable in Hollywood.
It's not like this is even a foreign idea to westerners. I mean hell that's like the entire thrust of the Lannisters in Game of Thrones: they outwardly look perfect. They're gorgeous, Cersei looks regal and beautiful, Jaime looks every inch the perfect night, but on the inside they're rotten bastards and utterly despicable. And people go apeshit for that.

So I have no idea why they couldn't figure it out for Light.

>american major
muhh whitewashing
>basketball american L
muhh diversity
libtards are a cancer

No, you stupid weeb, he means a stalkers in the sense of perpetual mobs hanging around waiting for an autograph or a picture. She rarely suffers from this in the series. It doesn't even compare to American celebrities in an American setting.

>12%
>MAIN populations

Yeah you niggro

>I guess a good-looking, popular guy being crazy isn't believable in Hollywood.
It's not believable in real world. In fact, this is only possible in anime world.

Please stop, it's so clear you haven't seen either and are just shitposting, it's embarassing.

Why is L a nigger? Should have been an asian

Why is L a negroid

There's plenty of up and coming celebrities who don't get mobbed by people all the time. And she did have to deal with fans recognizing her, she took precautions to meet secretly.

Someone please tell Hollywood to keep their filthy hands off my chinese cartoons. Didn't the Ghost in the Shell movie flop? Why are they still doing this?

let's be honest,

will it be worse than any of the worst anime livea ction movies?

youtube.com/watch?v=xMg0P2M5WXc

get ready for Bebop

>black people are one of the main populations in america
They are only 12% and most of them live in a few areas only. If you want to go "demographically it should reflect the country" then like 20% of the cast should be hispanic.

and that's precisely why coming up with your own script to fit the movie's length like they're doing is good, so you can craft your own thrills and moments properly instead of craming stuff in for the sake of it

why tho

I've seen the anime and I think first live action film. Both were juvenile and trashy. Sorry, not everyone here is a dumb weeb watching mostly Japanese cartoons. I'm interested what they are planning to do with the original premise so I'm okay with all these changes.

Well, its 2017!???

De-age Zac Efron about 7 years and cast him as Light. He's a fan of the series, too.

You've seen neither. Light's character is literally one of the main draws to the series. You clearly don't understand anything about Death Note.

>solid story
Now I know YOU'RE baiting or never seen Death Note before. It's full of contrivances and convenient plotholes because its aim is not to be serious.

But every body refuses to admit how stupid and silly Death Note can get so instead we're all pretending it's a 10/10 god tier series because the American adaptation has a black guy in it.

They're a sizeable population, its not unrealistic for him to be black. His race really shouldn't matter.

>people ask if I'm excited about the new Death Note
>tell them I think it's stupid
>they assume it's because L is black and not because they ruined Light

Ted Bundy was a moderately successful guy. He wasn't Mr. Perfect like anime Light.