Just watched this. Anymore Vietnam war kino?

Just watched this. Anymore Vietnam war kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I0kW6xuxtPU
youtu.be/kgeIINs1TrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> it ain't me din't play
> kino
nah mejt

The Deer Hunter

Apocalypse Now Redux

Full Metal Jacket

Forrest Gump

That Tom Cruise Flick

The Green Berets for the lulz

ohayo betonamu, starringu robinu wirriamsu

doesn't this board hate the Apoc redux? I can't find the original on the net so I guess I'll have to watch it anyway

Watch Redux. It's like the original, but with more scenes, so it is a great film that streches longer

Don't watch Redux (especially not on your first viewing). Completely fucks the pacing.

I will, user

I watched Redux on first viewing and loved it

What you're gonna do about that?

That new Kong movie is unironically the best Vietnam movie since the 80s.

Tropic Thunder

Hamburger Hill ?- basically Tropic Thunder.

Jacob's Ladder
youtu.be/I0kW6xuxtPU trailer

Platoon is good.

But I prob like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket a bit more. The Apocalypse Now Redux is basically the definite version though I believe it's 3 hours and some change. I like a lot of the added material, like it was very interesting seeing them interact with the French colonists that lived in that big statehouse that refused to leave despite the war. Full Metal Jacket is cool, but really Private Pyle's story is the better half of the movie.

And Deer Hunter is very good. But VERY dark. You want to see the reality of American POWs in Vietnam, see it (though I'm aware there are no instances of forced Russian roulette, that was added). It's a dark and haunting movie. Having seen it once, I have no desire to ever see it again.

>Deer Hunter
>Vietnam flick

More like, weak pussy gets addicted to Russian Roulette and somehow survives the 1/6th odds of dying for years. Nice """war""" movie you got there.

Agreed. The stuff with the Playboy bunnies and the french villa drags on so long and ruins the momentum of getting to Kurtz.

That being said, if you can't find a decent copy of the original cut OP, Redux is by no means bad.

I know off Topic.Not Vietnam but an " Uplifting"
War film
Kelly's Heroes youtu.be/kgeIINs1TrQ
Spoiler if you haven't seen.

>somehow survives the 1/6th odds of dying for years
>not realizing the gun was fixed to leave him unharmed

Opinion discarded

>deerhunter
It sucked. The wedding was a fucking third of the movie and the pow shit barely lasted for 20 minutes. The only good parts were the nam man quieting down every one when the Russian roulette round was a bout to start. Hamburger hill shits on deerhunter and platoon

no platoon is the best one

>DUDE I NEED ACTION IN MUH FILM FOr IT TO BE GUD!
Get the fuck out of here

>t. low tick brainlet

Why is it tv is literally the worst place on Sup Forums to discuss arts? People here seriously think this fucking Oliver Stone blockbuster starring Charles Sheen is a good film?

To answer your question OP, Full Metal Jacket.

Jacobs Ladder

The 317th Platoon is a French film on the Indochina war and it is pure kino. It actually inspired Apocalypse Now a lot.

84C MoPic

>Not Casualties of War

kys

>won oscar for best film
>its shit I swear it!!!!

yes, very epic contrarianism

Pure kino. You're right.

Great underrated rec, the best French war movie for sure. There's actually an interesting connection to apocalypse now as well. John milius who wrote apocalypse now wasn't pleased with what Coppola did so he decided to make his own take on the story by adapting a book from the guy who made 317th platoon. It's called farewell to the king starring nick Nolte as a Kurtz type character. Set on the pacific theater of ww2 and not a perfect film but apocalypse now and milius fans should check this out as well.

>Full Metal Jacket

Thanks, didn't know about this. The similarity between the 317th Platoon and Apocalypse Now had really struck me when I watched it and i had read somewhere that it was one of Coppolas inspiration. I'll check out farewell to the king.

>he engages in serious discussion on the Internet

LOL

Operation Dumbo drop

also the one with Michael J Fox where he raped

>redux

absolute Gibson-kino

If you know what you're doing when you spin the cylinder you can use gravity with your advantage to keep the loaded chamber at the bottom.

>there are """"""humans""""""" who think that the Plantation scene is in any way beneficial to the experience of Apocalypse Now
>there are """"""humans""""""" that think that the context of the war is important enough to completely ruin the already slow boil pacing of the movie to provide information that in no way impacts the events or story
>there are """"""humans""""""" that think Coppola himself was wrong when he said "This bit is shit and I'm cutting it because it is so shit"

going by this overly posted reaction image I bet you think the 1st half is better then the 2nd

no

Is this worth it Sup Forums, i've hear negative and positives online and in person

It's an aesthetic experience with a lot of really great moments and sequences but it's got the sort of floaty feeling of Malick's modern work

>french villa drags on
That's why the US was in there actually, vestigial crusade for French colonists arranged through the Vatican and a manlet priest from NY named Spellman so in a way makes it the only 'legit' Nam flick ever made as far as I am aware.

u wot

We Were Soldiers has a scene where the French get shot up.