Killer doll kino is back

youtube.com/watch?v=B_ALsRVOukg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJasZ2X3yXc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last one I saw was Bride

How will they explain the ending of Curse of Chucky? The Andy scene was just a fantasy / dream?

looks decent

I need to rewatch all of these again.

Someone should host a stream.

The last movie ruined the plot of the first one.

I do like how this series is still following the same continuity after almost 30 years. Most series would have rebooted by now.

"Andy missed the shot" is a fine explanation
It did but it was also one of the best in the series so it's okay in my books

They were going to reboot it around 2008 or so, with more of a mystery angle to it (like is Andy actually killing the people and developing schizophrenia or whatever). I guess the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot bombed after doing the exact same thing and they decided against it.

The creator of the series is also pretty involved and attached to his work, which helps

>there are more chucky movies after seed of chucky

Did that movie got retconned or something?

I barely remember Curse.

What happened to the hand at the end of Seed

Seed ended with Glen hacking Chucky to pieces, then Tiffany and Glen turning human, right? Then it ended with Chucky's severed arm grabbing Glen in human form.

In Curse Chucky's doll body is fully intact again, I don't remember them ever explaining why he's fully intact again. But at the end Tiffany is revealed to now be allied with Chucky again so maybe she put him back together. I mean, she repaired him after 3, I guess she could do it again.

Her role in Curse was basically a surprise cameo at the end, she has a bigger role in Cult so hopefully she'll have some dialogue mentioning she pieced him back together before Curse.

Let's avoid bringing up SoC all together.

Child's play is a reddit series

im ok with this

in the original movie Chucky was desperate to get back into a human body and hated being a doll, what the fuck has happened since then? For all these movies it seems like he changed his mind and loves being a 2 foot tall plastic toy.

Child's play had the most kino theme from a horror franchise.
youtube.com/watch?v=EJasZ2X3yXc

alright, are the chucy movies any good?

curse of chucky was forgettable bland hot trash. why would this be any better?

Throughout the series he just keeps failing. At the end of Seed (5) he has his opportunity to become human but decides he embraces his doll form. Tiffany, his doll gf tells him he's out of his fucking mind and transforms into a human body, leaving him.

But then in Curse (6) he's trying to become human again. Don't think they ever explained why he suddenly wants to be human other than the assumption he changed his mind

All of them are fun. A lot of people hate on 4 and 5 (Bride and Seed) because they embrace the comedic aspects ten fold and go full horror comedy. I don't get the hate, unless you're a child it's difficult to take this series seriously, even in the beginning. Embracing the ridiculousness is the smartest road they could of taken. 4 (Bride) is basically a road trip movie, 5 (Seed) is Chucky, his wife and son chilling in the Hollywood hills. 6 (Curse) tries to take itself seriously again. It's an entertaining movie but I do think this series shouldn't try to take itself seriously.

>Child's Play
>Child's Play 2
Must see
>Child's Play 3
Meh, if you enjoyed the first two
>Bride of Chucky
if you're sold so far after the first three, really entertaining
>Seed of Chucky
skip it if you dont much care for bad comedy>literally who cameos>slasher
>Curse of Chucky
Kind of a mess but faithful to the original

Brad Douriff is back? I wanna see a Chucky vs Demonic Toys crossover.

>I wanna see a Chucky vs Demonic Toys crossover.
not after pic related, you dont want to repeat such an abortion again.

Don Mancini did not create Chucky. He wrote the original script yes, but director Tom Holland doctored it and turned it into the classic that it is. Don's original version was completely different. Shit, Tom even designed the damn doll and he still gets no credit while this chucklefuck mancini still gets work.

>Thinking this when Candy Man, Hellraiser, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween and Phantasm's themes exist.

Child's Play is one of the best slasher movies ever

Child's play 2 is one of the better horror sequels out there but like Halloween 2 suffer from being more of the same

Child's Play 3 is weird but kind of great, Chucky is now chasing the kid around a military school for some reason, they start to embrace the camp round here but it still has some legitimate horror edge

Bride of Chucky is when the series goes full comedy, It should have been more divisive but most of the fans including myself found the genera shift and notched up lunacy entertaining, plus doll sex.

Seed of Chucky is garbage but I kind of enjoy it anyway. It ditches the last shred of horror movie Bride still had in it and goes full meta Hollywood nonsense. Only worth a watch If you like really stupid movies. I still find the chucky and his wife arguing over the gender of their baby bit to be really funny for some reason.

I never saw curse because it looked bland but I might check it out today

I thought that was an alternate ending? I remember the original ending chucky was transferring his soul to the little girl

Andy killing Chucky is a post-credits scene.

No theatrical release?

Curse is a huge step up from Seed. It's definitely better than a straight-to-video Chucky sequel has any right to be and Brad Dourif really puts some serious effort into making Chucky scary again.

Curse of Chucky was surprisingly good. This looks pretty good too.

Literally, how the fuck is this possible?

>slowly turning into bill murray

I'm extremely excited for this movie. Bride and Seed were funny but they really tarnished the series overall. I like the setting of this one so far, really reminds me of Dream Warriors (best nightmare film, btw)