She's so ugly that she is fascinating to look at

>Main villain is white
>Glorious hero is black

What did Netflix mean by this?

>The black guy is a cuck

WE WUZ KEKOLDS AND SHIT

Why are black people stealing our cuck culture

It means you're next, Goy.

You know, I could watch the news if I wanted to see teenage white boys killing their classmates.

We wuz Qualleys and shit

hot sisters just like their mom

youtube.com/watch?v=j3Kgf_dEWjE

It's still similar to the duality theme in the original. Light is preppy and looks good, L is scruffy, odd and looks bad. In fact it's the opposite and light is the monster being hunted by L.

In this the black guy looks like a thug, but is actually the good guy. Simps

i prefer her sister desu senpai

She's not at all ugly

Mate she's sober, missionary in daylight with lots of kissing material

My god, What a bland cast. As much as I dislike black antifa L at least he has some conviction in his delivery

will only watch this for based dafoe, who i'm 100% certain will be awesome

Light kills L though

she will be complete naked in future movie

>that L casting
>shows white people
>"we're not the good guys anymore"
every time

That leg looks like it belongs to a 40 year old.

bros when is Margaret qualley nude scene from Novitiate coming up? i cant find anything

I'm a weeaboo and I literally cringed

I don't mind L.
I really hate Kira.
I'm on the fence about Ryuk.
I don't get if the girl is supposed to be Misa but I don't like the decision of making them old friends.

this

>AYOOOOOOO HOL UP u be sayin this cracka kira be doin sum racist shit killin mah homies in prisonz and shiet s m h this whiteboi aint know he dealing with KINGZ we gonna cap yo ass

I'll be really dissppointed if the dindu really is L. L doesn't appear in public or go to crimescenes himself.
If they're doing it right he's just an elaborate decoy.

FGSFDS

mmmmmmmmmmm look at these sluts showing off theyre necks

I LAUGHED OUT LOUD IN THE STARBUCKS

THANKS user

underknee boots are my fetish

>sober, missionary in daylight with lots of kissing material

>take a pretty good anime
>make it worse
for what purpose?

With this "adaption" you really think they're going to allow an evil white boi to kill the good black young man?

Looks heavy on action, light on thought. People liked Death Note because it was smart, I hope Netflix realizes that.

Will Sup Forums have a LADIES NIGHT?

>People liked Death Note because it was smart
only the first half

>L likes candy and sweets
>this L is black and wears a hoodie
Are they going to do a whole Trayvon Martin thing when L dies? A bag of "sweeties" falls from his hand when his time comes.

>L making public appearances
that guy is just his spokesman that pretends to be him

Nigger L drops a watermelon

Damn she looks like Megan Fox if Megan Fox didn't go through with all those plastic surgeries

I can't decide if Death Note or Jumanji looks worse.

Also everyone complaining about L when L is actually fairly on character compared to fucking Light.

FUCK YOU 'MURRILARDS, STOP RAPING ANIMU AND MANGO

KEK

this is like fucking star wars all over again.

the entire internet freaks out over the black guy and he will be okay while the fucking white main character will be as shitty as possible and gets off criticism free.
I am starting to think these "racists" outcries are part of the advertising now.

I can see it right now
The people who love Death Note will hate it and Sup Forums will hate it
All you gonna hear is "you didn't like it because it has a black guy in it" instead of "they took the source material and changed it completely"

>All you gonna hear is "you didn't like it because it has a black guy in it" instead of "they took the source material and changed it completely"
Judging by this thread that seems correct though
Nobody is complaining about inaccuracies. Everyone is just complaining about the black guy.

>miscast Light
>miscast L
>miscast Misa
>JUST Ryuk
>obvious shitty acting
>no sign of Light's dad
>action over strategy and psychology
>We're not the good guys anymore! - yelled the privileged white male
>You will not suvav whiteboi
I fucking hate this already. Big mistake to give one of the few actually decent manga to westerners to ruin.

black L looks cool

>decent manga
Death note is cringy edgelord shit

bump for that

shitposting about WE aside, why the fuck is Light an emo underdog defending girls from bullies all of a sudden? How fucking hard is it to get the main idea of a story right?

Looks good

That applies to 90% of anime/manga is cringy edgelord shit though, so that's not saying much

People liked GitS because it was smart, you saw how that turned out

It doesn't really work that well when Light looks like a school shooter instead of some preppy fag though.

That was the only thing I was really looking forward to with this, but if he's just going to be a shadow face the whole time like in the trailer I'm not sure if I even want to bother

Isn't that the fake one?

That guy is not white. He looks Iranian.

Oh shit, they replaced Ryuk with Green Goblin. Hopefully Raimi also had a part writing some of the dialogue.

wow she's so pretty

Damn shame thay didnt adapt this earlier, before all the political bullshit could corrupt it.

This

I really hate forced diversity but I thought Keith Stanfield would actually be kinda cool as L.

The real problem with the new Death Note movie is literally everything else shown in the trailer.

>bullied into school shooter backstory for Light
>falling in love(?) with Misa
>explosions are exciting!!!!
>everything dumbed down and looks like a fucking Transformers movie

Just end it all son

>genius orbital mechanics expert from The Martian is black
>genius hacker from fast and furious is a black girl

Why do they keep shoehorning this shit

That trailer was really cringey

>Manga Light
>smartest in his class
>girls begging for that dick
>has shit together
>tries to make the world a better place through evil means

>Movie Timmy Turner
>gets bullied for being a faggot
>can't deliver lines
>apparently becomes a school shooter with his book as soon as he gets any power at all

t-thanks

>L is black
>Light is a pussy who falls in love
>using the term "death god" instead of god of death

Only good thing they got right was casting the green goblin as Ryuk but it's not going to save this piece of shit garbage

Not even going to touch meming about L being black, but the actor regardless is fucking awful. He just sounds like a guy saying lines. Not a turbo autist detective.

this

Christ, that is not an encouraging trailer. Biggest issues:
>Light being "bullied" or assaulted or whatever
Light is supposed to be a highly successful, brilliant alpha male. The whole point is that his ego is so inflated that he believes he can be a god.
>Retconning the Misa backstory, and from the appearance of the trailer, the entire character
Again, Misa is a shell of a human that Light uses and throws away when she is no longer useful. This helps characterize Light as going off the sociopathic edge.

That being said, Willem Dafoe is the perfect casting for Ryuk and the character himself looks OK. L was probably the best part of the trailer, his actor is the only one delivering the over-the-top anime style conviction in his lines. It worries me that no shots of Light's dad or the police force were included, it seems like they're not going to make it a cat-and-mouse thriller like it's supposed to be.

Some retard in previous thread said it doesn't matter because "muh adaptation" "muh remake". No, they completely missed the point of the character. They should have just made another character.

Why does every American action trailer has these
>Inception "bwooom" sound
>blackouts
>intense creepy sound right before someone saying cryptic shit in the silence
>some explosions and people screaming near the end of the trailer
Is it forbidden to do movie trailers without this shit or something?

It needed a blue laser going up in the sky

Hollywood might break the directors kneecaps for not including it

Nothing. Stop browsing Sup Forums and reading too much into things or you're gonna go insane.

What's it like to be so miserable? Planning on killing yourself soon?

Have you actually read it?

>based on the international phenomenon
honestly if they're too pussy to say it was based on an anime why the fuck did they make it?

so its okay to bash lights actor but not L's because hes black

>I'm on the fence about Ryuk.
Dafoe as Ryuk is one of the few good things about this.

I'm sure he was the most talented actor out of all the actors who were at one point considered by netflix. It's pure coincidence

Looks like they weren't left with any money for Ryuk's CGI after paying him

Both L and Light's casting is racist as fuck. Misa too.

Those were Japanese characters. They're not being played by Asian actors. Those roles could have gone to Asians, but Hollywood is racist. They think some token black guy is a shortcut to diversity.

She sort of looks like Eva Green but less weird

4/10

Has Adam "The Guest" Wingard peaked??

They're adapting the story to the United States. The character's races change to fit the demographics of the new setting. The Japs already did like 2 live action versions Death Note which Asian folks can watch if they want to see "representation."

>Light isn't a handsome-as-fuck genius ultra Chad
>instead he's an insecure loser who gets bullied
This is far worse than L being black

i bet you're some chubby white boy too. The casting makes sense since it takes place in north america

fuckign kek

i want to be qualley's pusy slave :3

i am a pusyposter disciple, this is not an attempt to impersonate him, ty

>The casting makes sense since it takes place in north america
BIX NOOD MUP DA DIDDA

>only black character is a guy who doesn't wear shoes, hunches over/squats in chairs and eats with his hands instead of utensils

LEMME MYASK YA SUMTHING

Looks better than anime shit tbqh

They could have just dressed him up in an old Edward Scissorhands haloween costume and smeared some grease paint on his face and I still would have been happy with his casting. Probably more so if they did that.

American Light should be a bro Chad who is pretty smart and everyone loves, like the dude from iZombie. He's a decent and popular guy but due to his father being in the police he constantly hears stories about how shitty people can be.

This gives him a very limited black and white view of crime leading to the KILL ALL CRIMINALS stance, while also being charismatic and intelligent enough that it adds up along with the extreme power he holds to gaining a massive ego and he slowly becomes a megolamaniacal sociopath.

In this it looks like he's going to start out with an emo EVERYONE SUCKS AND SHOULD DIE outlook and will never deviate from it.

lol are those skittles?

He does have the kind of creepy smile that would look like the real thing with the proper makeup.

what I understand from the trailer is that kira's motivation is getting mugged by some people in highschool

Agreed 100%. But nothing about making him white instead of Asian would make them unable to go with that characterization.

You know. Wouldn´t it be better if they made a series made in Death Note universe but not the actual Death Note story ? I mean, Light wasn´t the only person on the planet who got the note. Or what, too much work for netflix writers ?