Chappie (2015)

Just finished watching Chappie (pic related)

I thought it was OK as a movie, nothing special..

What I really want to talk about is Die Antwoord in this movie.

Holy fuck theyre literally the whole selling point. They play themselves and it works PERFECTLY. They give honest relevancy to a sci-fi movie and ground it in a way that it has never been done before. Theyre just themselves..

The only thing Im sad about is that they didnt use any of their raps in the film..if Yolandi broke out singing BABY'S ON FIRE during a montage, for example, incorporated in one of the scenes it would be RAD AS FUCK

But anyway, these motherfuckers should be used in a whole lot of more movies, they literally carried the thing, mad props to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/70937
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqa8p1xbjds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They were too obnoxious, and the constant use of their music was annoying

Ninja, the guy from Die Antwoord, tried pitching a feature film based on the band to Sony execs, during the making of Chappie:

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/70937

This is quite an curious read.

yeah, i actually thought they were good actually in this

Yup

Doesn't deserve all the hate. The Die Antwoord people weren't nearly as obnoxious as people say. Hugh Jackman was hilarious in this.

Isn't this a phase of theirs that's running on too long? Haven't they had like 4 different names and sounds across their "career"? I say that because I don't think anyone outside of South Africa is buying their music. Christ, I don't even know when they last released a record.
The girl was cute in their older photos and the guy was decent looking, but they went full blown trashy-homeless for weak music and that idiot got some quality JUST tattoos which I pray are henna and just reapplied for music videos and this "literally why?" movie.

I though it was good movie.
Far about of the regular garbage that is shown daily in cinemas at least this has some adventure in it.

That's who they are though, in their music and in person.

I wouldn't like them as people but as actors and musicians it works

>"? I say that because I don't think anyone outside of South Africa is buying their music
You are wrong, they have gone on world tours that went well.
>Christ, I don't even know when they last released a record.
Last year, releasing their final album this year.

I love die Antwoord, and saw them live 3 times. Even caught ninja when he crowed surfed, but they were too much in this movie

Die Antwoord's "music" is the plebbiest fucking trash you can listen to.

Aren't they a gimmick though? Did everyone just forget or not know about The Constructus Corporation?

They ruined the movie just like everyone thought they would

Fun fact: Terrence Malick used three songs by Die Antwoord in Song to Song.

One of the worst movies in the last 30 years. Utter garbage. I hope Die Antwoord die slowly from pancreatic cancer

Yeah, that's not a fun fact.

>They play themselves
Die Antwoord is an art project and does not reflect the personalities of the artists.

how do you rate the girl on the left?

I liked it better when it was called District 9.

Found this pic of OP.

Die Antwoord was great in this.

Die Antwoord was great in this.
it just wasnt in everyones taste

Body is a 10/10

They are living their own lies. C'mon, looks those tattoos. Fucking album titles.

She's a legit 9. Great bone structure and perfect body.

m8, they're playing personalities, that is their art.

Ninja's previous project, Max.Normal demonstrates that and his evolution to his current character. Fake it till you make it brah

>mfw this movie is telling me that in South Africa you aren't considered a real gangster unless you use ninja stars

are they the Daniel Day Lewis of music? :^)

>make middling sci-fi mess of a film about a sentient child robot
>shoe-horn in insufferable 'howsit look we so zef' retards for what purpose?
>make sure to include walking, talking saffer 'oke sterotype with big dumb robot fight for needless action set-piece for third act
>casually show the successful transfer of human conciousness to an immortal host body, by far the most significant part of the film, in a rushed portion of the film near the end

The entire film ought to have been about Dev Patel's character turning himself into a robot tbqhwy

HAHAHAHAHA all the haters ITT

Die Antwoord ROCKED

Get over it

The special effects and aesthetics were fucking great, I want Blomkampf to direct(read: direct, not write) an Appleseed/Ghost in the Shell movie.

That will never happen because it makes too much sense user. Hollywood doesn't do sense.

I don't disagree. But he is still faking it after making it.

But rumor is they are breaking up.

this

>wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/70937
Haha that's great, guy has no idea how much it would cost to make the movie he's talking about. He's got about 15 million in cameo's and flights/accommodations in South Africa right off the top.

Nice meme kid

How much are you getting paid to subtly get people to go see their current tour?

A good looking ugly

I was going to see their current tour but I have tickets to see Kevin Bacon play bluegrass that night instead

>we're meant to feel sympathetic for degenerate druggy idiot scumbags who make a living robbing and terrorizing innocent people

mummy af lad desu

Those quasi-rappers come off as down syndrome. They literally ruined the movie. Chappie had some endearing moments but the sour influence of those two posers made it impossible to watch.

I'm repelled by them. Huge mistake in a growing director's career.

I want Blomkampf to become an art director and the stay the fuck away from directing

Go back to your frat party, nigger.

What a piece of shit. They're clearing ripping off the DCEU and Suicide Squad.

Every time they opened their mouths, i gagged.

It was basically just a feature length Die Antwoord music video.

This
Their shit is borderline Insane Clown Posse-tier

>hurr it's ironic their pretending to be retarded so it's good
Yeah. No.

>thinking youre suppose to feel sympathetic for these people
What the fuck movie did you watch, the entire point is about children growing up in shittt environments. Youre supposed to feel something for the scientist and chappie.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rqa8p1xbjds