Marvel foreshadowing what happens to the comic after issue 6

>Marvel foreshadowing what happens to the comic after issue 6

You mean 5.

Who?

They're going to have to really do something impressive to generate any level of interest on this one

Who is Prowler?

Man I thought Red Wolf and Starbrand were scraping the bottom of the barrel in the last relaunch but they've outdone themselves with this guy and Solo

Casuals going all out.

What's wrong with trying to breathe new life into old characters?

Former Spider-man villain turned hero from back in the 70's. Still prominently featured in the Spider-man comics today as Peter's backup when Spidey needs to make an appearance in the same room.

Did you all fucking start reading comics 2 years ago?

Moviefags are ruining this board.

I am positive the scraping will continue.

More like 18 months ago.

But Prowler has been in the recent spider-man and ultimate spider-man.

You need to make sure people are still invested in your A listers before you try to make them give a shit about the literally whos

Marvel is making the same mistakes DC did with DCYOU

Nah I'm pretty sure they're just throwing out random characters until one of them hits meme status, and then bam they've got another movie

I don't read Spider-Man so I had no idea. Thanks friends

But DCYou got us some great books.

What's with you fags and your obsession with A-listers? Just because a book is not with an A-lister doesn't mean it's bad.

PROWLER!!!!!! FUCKING HOBIE BROWN IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing Abraham Attah will be Hobie Brown is Spider-Man Homecoming.

Could somebody explain to me who the guy is and why he should have a book?

They better not be replacing Prowler with a younger kid

YAAAAAAAAWN

They're replacing him with a younger white kid, just to see who they can piss of with that.

He's -------------------------------THE PROWLER--------------------------

Some black guy who dresses up like Purple Spider-Man, was a villain at some point but now he works for Peter and substitutes for him as Spider-Man sometimes.

>why he should have a book?
Because it might be good?

Are you one of those who think only certain characters should have solo books? The writer is pretty much all that matters, not the character.

Is that Night Thrasher he's assisting here?
Anyway, so he's Spidey's budget-Panther goon right now.
That doesn't quite exlain why he needs a book.

Not per se. I simply insist that a book has a story to tell. And I don't see what his deal is right now.

He has so much potential, cool costume, cooler black guy than Miles and deserves to get pushed more than him

The book IS a story to tell, it justifies itself. Your logic is unsound.

>Sean Ryan
>good

You know more than enough titles have nothing to say, no real story to tell.
Naturally it has a plot of some kind, what I'm talking about is whether it has a story worth telling.
Do you see any way in which Prowler would spark a story centered around him right now?

Well, that is just about any black character in Marvel's archives, isn't it?

Yes.

Starbrand is fucking awesome
shame they made him a twink and gave him gayer art

Marvel is actually deciding to use their original black characters? I'm honestly kinda shocked

>make Starbrand a twink
>Nightmask is the gay one

I really wanted to like that book, too.

>You need to make sure people are still invested in your A listers before you try to make them give a shit about the literally whos
Fuck. That. Bullshit. Marvel sells high enough that they don't need to worry about getting people invested in their a-listers.

I read Marvel for the C-listers. If they don't have any C-lister books then chances are I'm not buying any of their books.

He is entirely OK. Very much a Jurgens-tier writer.

Are they finally doing a Prowler ongoing? I'd love to read the fuck out of that.

Why doesn't Miles just become the new Prowler instead of Spider-Man?

Because the only Prowler Miles knows is his thief uncle that he's responsible for the death of.

So when is this exactly coming out?

Fucking this. C-lister books don't sell anyway, no matter how good they are and no matter how "invested" people are in the A-list books.

I'll take a good 12 issue book with a C-lister than a mediocre/bad 40 issue book with an A-lister. Like you said, Marvel can subsidize these books since they have shit like Star Wars, Spider-Man and Deadpool that sell a lot.

>That doesn't quite exlain why he needs a book.

There's no need for books anyways. Just leave Sup Forums and don't let the door hit your back on your way out.

I agree, but DCYou also had good writers. Marvel has a serious lack in that department.

So are they just gonna use Spider-Man villains for this?

I might actually try this, wasn't expecting to say this about any of the new NOW books.

Probably after Civil War II

Fuck yes, I'm glad he's finally got something. This is what Marvel should be doing, actually using their black heroes rather than have them ride the coattails of an already popular character.

>Arm danglies
>No hooded cloak

FUCK YOU

Ah, it's great that we've become so progressive. Storm becoming a man, sure is neat, huh?

NO CABLE SOLO BOOK BUT FUCKING PROWLER HAS HIS OWN BOOK

FUCK YOU MARVEL

Gee, I hope it's Gwen Stacy.

This. As much as I like the fact that he's getting an ongoing, his current costume sucks ass. What was even the point of this?

Fuck off.

Stop trying to keep black people down you racist.

They forgot they had them.

NO BISHOP SOLO BOOK BUT FUCKING PROWLER HAS HIS OWN BOOK

FUCK YOU MARVEL

>Tae kwon do user
>Mainly uses taloned gantlets

You fucked up

How many times has cable had a fuckin book?

That's better.

So long as he's gotten over his thirst for baby murder.

Well, unless Hobie Brown is dead and this is All-New, All-Different Spider-Hero.

I suppose it's hard to fight the urge to solve your problems by going back in time and killing babies when you can.

>Served cold coffee
Go back and smother him in his crib
>Pizza is late
Drown him in his kiddie pool
>Girl gonna destroy the world
Go back and shoot her and her guardian (or get your ass beat)

You know I'm kinda glad they're giving some original minority characters more attention instead of shoehorning them into legacy roles.

2 volumes and a Cable and X-force book. I guaren-fucking-tee a Cable book would sell more than Le Meme Prowler.

>Le Meme Prowler.
Oh fuck off, casuals don't even know who the Prowler is so how is he a meme?

Man, they need to pull some serious time shenanigans to make Bishop remotely redeemable.

I don't think I've ever seen a character that nuked before.

Meme? You don't even know who the fuck he is, what are you talking about?

The character is already a time traveler, so that should be doable.

This, I've only ever seen him on the Fox Spidey TAS

BABY MURDER

IT'S ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

The only two living Prowler fans are in this thread.

Wouldn't abducting/recruiting him before he hungered for baby murder completely ruin like...5 events?

Whatever, Marvel's timeline is fucked I don't care.

Well they redeemed Scarlet Witch, didn't they?

Let them have this. As one of the only two Solo fans on this board, today was a pretty good day.

Did someone say babies?

I'm a Prowler fan and a Solo fan. Which means there's only 3 of us total.

Stop killing babies.

Solo is getting a...errr.. solo title?

"Where Solo lives, terror dies!" Will he be fighting ISIS?

A PROWLER SOLO???????
HOLY SHIT

What about the family Spidey knew that fought crime in Frog suits? Shouldn't they get a book? It'd be part comedy since they were so bad at it.

White Rabbit could be their nemesis.

I'd read the fuck out of that.

Would make a great one-shot, at least.

There was a Dematteis issue in the 90s of Frogman vs. White Rabbit and the Walrus which was one of the funniest things I read as a kid.

I've got to track that down and read it then, thanks

White Rabbit has my favorite for becoming a super villain ever.

>favorite reason

Was eating and typing, not the best move

Make that 4. This and the new Luke Cage comic are the only Marvel comics I'm interested in, everything else just looks horrible.

5!

Though I'm only familiar with him from TAS. He stood up to Kingpin though despite knowing he was would be killed for it. Or so I recall

So is that why you guys like him? Because he's a poor black guy from the streets that stands up to a wealthy white man that worked his whole life to build the empire he has?

Figures. Can't let a white man have their wealth, power and women. Nope.

Someone get Wesley to delete this.

Damn I WISH there was a Night Thrasher book. I'd buy two copies/month.

Bishop killed like 6 billion people. While 'sane'. He is way the hell worse off than Wanda ever was.

And yet, for some reason, Storm was still willing to work with him. Apparently Cyclops did something worse that murdering billions, to kill a baby.

>I read spiderman and I feel proud

You are as stupid as naive, kid.

Wesley's dead, Fisk
He had one back in the 90s

The book will be about how he's 'killed' by some racist white boi cop and how he comes back and dismantles racism in his quest for vengeance. Black is beautiful.

he works for peter parker
he is spider-man

His entire run on Spectacular Spider-Man was great, he even made his part of Maximum Carnage readable. It's my personal favorite run of Spidey of all time.

That's already the plot in the new Nighthawk series.

>Well, that is just about any black character in Marvel's archives, isn't it?

Yup.

No shit, why do think I'm a fan of the character?

OH god, he's literally Spider-Machine.