'Wonder Woman' Considered for Oscar contender in the Best Actress race

>I can't join those with a blindspot for a script that bogs down the origin story of this DC Comics female trailblazer. But I can join the chorus of hallelujahs for director Patty Jenkins and her skill at keeping focus on the spectacular Israeli actress Gal Gadot. She plays the title role with a bracing blend of physical grace and feminist fire, the kind that might just make her an Oscar contender in the Best Actress race. Why not? Female empowerment is as rarely celebrated in the comic-book universe as it is in Hollywood's macho spin on reality. Wonder Woman, your time is now!

rollingstone.com/movies/lists/peter-travers-on-the-12-best-movies-of-2017-so-far-w488596

YOU FUCKS MEMED THIS INTO REALITY

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superheroorigin.htm
boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=K6uv-D5Q4lE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OSCAR WINNING GAL GADOT

DC: 2 Oscars MCU: 0

HOW CAN /tvMarlel/ EVER RECOVER

...srly?
It was an ok movie, that's it, why this overreaction?

>Considering being nominated just because of much female empowerment

Gal can empower me whenever she wants. I strongly urge her to do it.

Well, it makes sense, is the first time in history that a female is the main char and the hero in any media ever.

>best actress
What competition does she even have against other women?

>there isn't an agenda behind this flick
HAHAHA

Read this guy's review of Spider-man now.

This is some top tier jewish nepotism. The movie and her performance are mediocre at best.

She doesn't even need to win this shit. A nomination would make Sup Forums collapse on itself.

>nomination for wooden acting

>muh female empowerment

Women can't just do well, they have to constantly reinforce and remind everyone that they did well

>THIS is some top tier jewish nepotism
But they're all jews in Hollywood. And AMERICAN Jews.

The universally praised thing in this film was her and her acting

When I watched it, I was actually shocked by just how bad she was. I feel like the fact she was playing wonder woman shielded her from a lot of criticism since it was in the characters nature but her line delivery was fucking awful some times and her facial expression ranged from doe-eyed faux intrigue to just furrowing her brow.

The end times are truly here

>performance
>she couldn't even learn English without sounding like Watto
As if you needed more prof Academy Awards mean nothing after Halle Berry winning it.

>not even nominated
>already top tier reactions
I love this board.

>heavy israeli accent
>wooden as fuck, can't act
>no commitment to the role, still looks like a skeleton after 1 year of "training"
>and this without going into how bad the movie was
But it's okay because her husband is a (((producer))).

>But it's okay because her husband is a (((producer))).
He owns hotels, he's not a producer.

>mad max fury road was nominated
Anythings possible now
Getting those ebin screenshot for the fellow pakis on twitter?

>>mad max fury road was nominated
Because the action scenes were the best in a decade, the costumes were incredibly good looking and the stunts were real.
No one thought to give the oscar to Hardy for mumbling though.

Whoa, Patty should get a nod and Costume Design is a lock, but Gal Gadot has still very little range. It won't happen lads, don't get your hopes high

In other news, WW passed BvS's domestic gross today.

yeah thats why they picked it lmao

Mad Max Fury Road was the best action film in 30 years.

>a fucking shitty cash-in considered for Oscar
hilarious

Lords and Ladies of Kino, hear this thy faithful's supplication. Grant to us, the keepers of faith, the power to make this happen.

May the Light of the holy kino shine upon us all and, according to the dictates of thy will, may the day arrive when all we who have sinned, all we who have doubted, all we who have despised, derided, and forsaken, come together in the sun.

Amen.

>outgrosses Winter Soldier, the last good MCU movie
>gets critical acclaim
>it can win oscars
They were right, DC is truly the Trump of movies

>4 films in
>DCEU has 2 Oscars

Lol.

SLAY!!!
#OscarsSoMale

>not even 4 weeks in
>today WW has outgrossed BvS's TOTAL domestic gross
>10 weeks to go
>1 more month in China for reasons
>has yet to open in Japan
What the fuck Sup Forums, why are you so always hilariously wrong?

Sup Forums's memetic powers are off the chains.

Good for Gal and Patty, they seem cool.
Also this one boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superheroorigin.htm should be updated. WW is now at #4, and passed BvS's gross so it should be #13 here. boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm

It's not even a month out and it has 10 weeks to go, WW has strong chance to get to $400M dom.

NOOOOO FUCK THIS SHIT. FUCK DC SHE DOESN'T DESERVE AN OSCAR

HOW DO WE STOP THIS, BROS?

That's sexist.

>implying you wouldn't spank Pine's ass

never going to happen.

Only reason heath won was because of his death and that is only capeshit to win in a major category.

>never going to happen.
Now it's going to happen.

Lmao how will Sup Forums EVER recover if this actually wins

you can screen cap me for later, no it won't. Academy hates capeshit

It doesn't need to win, a nomination would suffice for the eternal analblast.

What the fuck guys? Am I becoming more jaded and cynical or is capeshit getting worse? Saw this last night with very low expectations and I got a mediocre origin film. Nothing in this film besides Gal and Pine was memorable. The worst offense was the shitty action direction. It was riddled with pointless slow-mo and AWFUL CGI. How anyone can claim this movie was "amazing" is beyond me.

GAL IS CUTE! CUTE!

Why do we need it now? Despite the looming threat of islamic terrorism, the world is pretty safe all things considered

>Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot responds to salary outrage: ‘I’m grateful’

>“I’m grateful and happy,” the 32-year-old Israeli-born actress told TMZ on Wednesday about her salary for the movie. When the gossip site’s photographer stressed she deserved more for the next film, Gadot joked, “I think I should get you as my lawyer to do the negotiations.”
youtube.com/watch?v=K6uv-D5Q4lE

She's so cute and polite. Also TMZ BTFO

Another Oscar for DC, boys. How can marlets even compete?

proof of the power of jewish nepotism in hollywood/government

>Best Actress
What about Hugh Jackman in Logan?

He produces Hotels. other user is right.

By making good movies?

Hold shit why is her brow jutting out like that?

look at these Sup Forums fags getting all butthurt because of a simple headline with Cape Movie and Oscar in the same sentence.

Shock and denial is the first level.

Better start with that then, you're 16 movies late

She's saying she's grateful people are trying to get her more money, not that she's grateful about barely being paid.

I've got and oscar for her. In my pants

you're fucking shitting me. she has the acting skill of a high schooler in drama club.

post yfw the jewish producers/directors/judges make this shit come true next february

>mfw

>plays least interesting character in her own movie
>(((may))) be nominated for oscar

Amazing

She was godawful in the Themyscira parts. Got better later on but the child version was far better.

You mean doesn't deserve another Oscar

They'll nominate her for Best ACTOR to show Drumpf a thing or two about powerful women.

I thought Wonder Woman was 8/10 but she wasn't the one who carried this movie.

Chris Pine and David Thewlis did. I hate Robin Wright but she did fine too.

Every time she shows her arm pits I must wank. If she wins the oscar it will be a victory for arm pit fetishist everywhere

I want Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman to win multiple Oscars just to see the rectal ragnarok on this board in reaction to it. Sup Forums already got BTFO multiple times by Wonder Woman

This. I left after 40 minutes and have no reason to watch the rest. Her acting was good awful. So was the little girl. This movie was so bad wtf is wrong with everyone

It has been BTFOkino

>I left after 40 minutes
Sure.

She's the face of the movie though. She was the one who was praised.

>BTFOkino
Hearty chuckle.
Let this be nominated for anything, I long for more BTFOkino.

Literallly perfect pits

Well with the new addition of Kate Mckinnon and Leslie Jones and a shit ton of other undeserving actors into the Academy just for diversity's sake, i'm sure we are going to see all kinds of retarded as fuck nominations from here on out.

Btw, i loved WW, but if you think Gadot's performance was worthy of an Oscar then you're pleb as fuck kid

>Btw, i loved WW, but if you think Gadot's performance was worthy of an Oscar then you're pleb as fuck kid
I don't speak for everyone but I'd love to see the reaction to a nom.

dlete

And the award for Best Axilla goes to.

This would have been better if it started on the legs and moved upwards

>Gadot will win an Oscar nearly on her first real go, but the Academy refuses to even consider veteran Andy Serkus because not muh acting style

>Shitting on Kate Mckinnon

atleast she has some range to her

hubba hubba

hnnnnng

gas the kikes nuke Hollywood.

>German are the bad guys
>German commander and evil doctor are evil.
>Like really dr Evil tier evil!
>The British are the good guys
>Oh boy it's gonna be capn' 'merica
>Suddenly they drop the subtle truth that the armistice pretty much caused Germany to go to war again and Britbongs were power-hungry cunts as much as the Germans were
>Ares appears. He explains everything and makes fucking sense.
>Wonder Woman makes even more sense and becomes a great heroine
>I slaughter you with holy lightning and bracelets in the name of love was still retarded though
I liked this.

we the jews give you a jew the jew award for being a jew

Gal Gadot is the new sex symbol of Hollywod.

>atleast she has some range to her
and all of it unfunny

You definitely need a decent rack to fill out a dress like that

Damn! Gal Gadot looks like *that*!?

>Gal Gadot is the only jew in Hollywood
I've got some news for you. Also Israeli jew > American jew

I don't think she chose the dress, friendo. Models are glorified coat hangers.

i assumed that much... clearly the photographer or whoever that choose a dress, which seems to be designed to accentuate boobs and legs, made an error seeing how Gal is lacking in one of those features

Her legs and pits are kino

DELETE THIS

>tfw I'm the guy that used to make the "this is when the haters knew they fucked up" threads. Feels good desu

>people talking about oscars in june