The foreigner - Jackie chan

youtube.com/watch?v=LmImJ6ZUiqE

Is he back?

he never went away

So it's like that Arnold movie but Jackie goes full Rambo I instead of Rambo II?

kino

Why do people keep saying this? You realize he's been in plenty of movies since Rush Hour right?

When has he ever failed?

I can't believe Gerry Adams signed off on this.

Yeah a bunch of no names that nobody has seen and a few voice overs for kung fu panda

>A non-fun Jackie Chan Movie

No

>Is he back?
YH IM THONKIN HE'S BACK!

srsly needs to play the villian in John Wick 3

>image name
kek

I don't care how you get it, I just want to know the name of the bombers because I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me the names now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will john wick my way to you and I get the names myself....

A film that is literally "Jackie Chan v the 'RA" - what a time to be alive.

As for overall plot, well Gerry is looking well I suppose. Not exactly sure why Jackie is badgering Adams about dissidents considering they fucking despise him but alas, I suppose their taking some liberties with the history surrounding The Troubles.

holy shit

Fucking dropped. He is supposed to be from Vietnam, but his surname is Chinese. And Vietnamese and Chinese people rarely pair up as they usually hate each other. Or they didn't do the research, as Quan is a first name in Vietnam, not surname.

>IRA

>Bad guys

Fuck off

>>A non-fun
Looks like fun though. Or do you need jokes for shit to be fun?

This movie is obviously just a paycheck to him, uninterested in his American career hes made it explicit that he doesn't think highly of it and its just for fame/money.

Ugh. It looks so good but I'm an IRA supporter.

Doesn't matter, more Jackie for us. We win.

The film looks good.

I don't know, he seems Jakcie Chan channeling Charles Bronson. I like the idea. Let's see if it lives up to it.

>takes place in britain
>guy is British national
>trained in british navy
>daughter is britsh and assimilated
>"The Foreigner"
>Original title was "The Chinaman"

>what is a fake passport

film embryos don't understand there are more movies than what they have currently seen or know about. The concept of known unknowns is lost on the film embryo.

>I don't care how you get it, I just want to know the name of the bombers because I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me the names now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will john wick my way to you and I get the names myself....

Let's chan this up....
Ah don keyah haow you get it. Ah jus wan to known de name of de bombahs, because ah do have a vewy pawticuwah set of skeows, skeows ah have acquiyad ovah a vewy long caweer. skeows that make me a nightmawuh fuh peepo wike you. If you give me the names naow, that'wuh be the end of it. I will not wook fuh you; I will not puhsoo you. But if you don't, I wiuh John Wick my way to you and get the names mysowf

>No christ tucker cameo for old time sake.

why would he be in an horror film?

you're implying the average Sup Forums poster knows anything about non-hollywood films

Literally who gives a fuck about the IRA, do they even exist anymore? Were they just too pussy to use ISIS?

>2017
>IRA bombings

I actually like it.

You've seen it? How?

>back
>Jackie releases multiple blockbusters annually that make hundreds of millions in china
>pops back into the western market to keep his beloved star afloat in the English speaking world
>oh god guys, he's back!

There are ethnic Han (and other ethnic Chinese ) living in Vietnam so it is not as if it isn't plausible.

it's based on the book The Chinaman you retard which is based a little after vietnam while the IRA were still active.

>chinese and viets never ever get together because I say so

okay

You dont know shit about viets especially north veitnamese are mostly all mixed with chinks

I know he makes movies in China that go direct to video all the time but his last starring lead in American theaters was 2010.

Jackie will get an oscar nom for this

The movie takes place in the modern day you slobbering fucking retard.

so what? You want them to just make it ISIS and turn the politician brown? You'd probably bitch that there's too many brown people in the movie and too much diversity

>Pierce Brosnan as Gerry Adams

>I got exposed as a massive fucking moron. Quick deflect about brown people!

how am i being a moron?
Its based on a book about a vietnamese man fighting the IRA so they made the movie about a vietnamese man fighting the IRA

>Just in case there were any lingering doubts to how far my stupidity can go...

IRA are no longer relevant. The film is set in the present.

AND THERE NEVER SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH TIME
TO DO THE THINGS YOU WANNA DO ONCE YOU FIND EM

>Punished Jackie
no

You know ISIS aren't the only terrorist group that exist. Other terror groups didn't just hand up their hats after 9/11.

Then set the movie in the early 90s or 80s when the premise is believable. It's like making the boys from Brazil in 2017, sometimes it needs to be a period piece.

I remember a quote from him saying he always wanted to do a serious film but people really only give him comedy/light drama roles. Nice to see he got his dream.

most of them are straight up garbage

Fun fact China man is literal a translation of a non prejorative Chinese word

You sound the worst to take to movies.

>It's a "the terrorists are white" movie

Underrated kek

Just like real life

'China' in Mandarin is both a noun and an adjective. The word is pejorative because of its history in the West.

I can't wait to see how the Innocent foreigner Muslim is assulted by the evil crackers but is saved by Jackie Chan

he has to go back

Kind of nice seeing him in sort of a switch up role like that.

>dropped because of his overwhelming autism about things he knows nothing about

Edgy Jackie Chan doesn't feel right.

>Did Jackie/Sammo take the lead on choreography
>did they approve of the cinematographer
these are the most important questions, secondarily.

>le badass nigger music intro
>bombers are white brits
It's cucked as fuck but I'll still watch it as Jackino if he's running the stunt show