David Ayer Made Viola Davis Call Joel Kinnaman A Pussy On The Set Of SUICIDE SQUAD

He who fights monsters...

>While talking with Entertainment Weekly, Viola Davis said that Ayer is an "even-tempered dudebro," who's great at manipulating his actors. She wasn't just saying this to be saying it, the two-time Oscar nominee had a story to back it up! One day while Davis was going over how she was going to film a scene with Joel Kinnaman (who plays Rick Flagg), she revealed that Ayer approached her, and gave her some new lines to say to Kinnaman. "He would make me call, [Davis starts laughing and can’t really stop] Joel Kinnaman a pussy at times. A bitch. [More laughs.] It’s completely politically incorrect but it caused a reaction in me." Did Davis feel bad about cursing out Joel? Not at all. "It made me feel like a straight up thug, and it made Rick Flagg want to kick my ass. So David got what he wanted.”

>When Kinnaman was asked about the exchange between himself and Davis, he made clear that he wasn't exactly pleased. “Some of the stuff she said really pissed me off, and I felt really betrayed." Kinnaman then added, “And that’s exactly what David wanted me to feel... And now it’s in the movie. That’s some pretty high-level direction through manipulation.”

comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/you-wont-believe-who-david-ayer-made-viola-davis-curse-out-while-a143351

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/suicide-squad-movie-cast-fight-each-other-rehearsals/
uk.movies.yahoo.com/suicide-squad-david-ayer-made-the-cast-punch-each-171700255.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98
youtube.com/watch?v=NTvBQE6cvVg&index=9&list=FL6pcYqBo9QEUKxXcTR5ybbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh for fucks sakes.
i dont care if david ayer made Jai Courtney fuck a stingray while singing the aussie anthem behind the scenes just give me a good movie.

Everything I hear about the behind the scenes stuff of this movie is cringe.

Based viola

oh hey a behind the scenes story that actually makes me interested

>i dont care if david ayer made Jai Courtney fuck a stingray while singing the aussie anthem

That IS a good movie
Somebody put together a pitch

Why does everything that happened on the set have to be some edgy shit?

wow so cuh-rayzee!

No wonder Tom Hardy dropped out, that guy doesn't fuck around with this kind of nonsense.

>>When Kinnaman was asked about the exchange between himself and Davis, he made clear that he wasn't exactly pleased. “Some of the stuff she said really pissed me off, and I felt really betrayed." Kinnaman then added, “And that’s exactly what David wanted me to feel... And now it’s in the movie. That’s some pretty high-level direction through manipulation.”

David Ayer is a madman extraordinaire. Suicide Squad is going to decimate Marvel, behead the Russo Brothers, and cuck the Marvel fanboys into literal suicide watch. Guys? We're gonna win.

MOM'S

Must suck having autism

>#2method4u
Hollywood's gonna freak!

The absolute madman! hahahaha

It gets better.

>"The rehearsal was very intense. It wasn't a normal rehearsal, we'd talk about their lives, their history, and really got them to open up as people to each other. I also had them fight. I had them fight each other. You learn a lot about who a person really is when you punch them in the face. It gets rid of a lot of the actor stuff."

movieweb.com/suicide-squad-movie-cast-fight-each-other-rehearsals/

Actors able to get into their roles and directors providing actual direction? Wow.
It's sad that this is seen as some big kinda revelation instead of as standard.

GONNA

>We’ve been told Jared Leto’s method is total (“When we first met him, he said - look girls, I’m going to be pretty intense, I’m going to be the Joker when I come for fittings,” costume designer Rene Fontana tells us. “Sometimes he tried to terrify us, but we’re strong women. He was growling at us, and we’d play back. If we see him, we’re to call him Mr J, or Smiley. We’re also told to hope that doesn’t happen as, for the uninitiated, the experience can be intimidating."

uk.movies.yahoo.com/suicide-squad-david-ayer-made-the-cast-punch-each-171700255.html

1.jpgfag pls

lol

We're laughing at the fact it's so tryhard.

youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98

It's just an amusing (YMMV) story, chill.

or you know exposing that you know next to nothing about acting.
I mean this stuff seems like basic theater school warmups

>Guys? We're gonna win.
Company wars faggot, who actually wants ohalf of capeshit to be bad so that the other half "beats it."

You are an actual cancer.

>Guys? We're gonna win.

We've already started winning. This is only the beginning and soon Marvel will be lost and forgotten.

youtube.com/watch?v=NTvBQE6cvVg&index=9&list=FL6pcYqBo9QEUKxXcTR5ybbw

Amen, fellow DCrusader. Amen.

>Guys? We're gonna win.
>We're
You are not DC. DC does not care about you or even know that you exist.

The sad thing is that this video should be totally right.

Thats how bad Snyder fucked up.

>We've already started winning
Why is this even a thing.
I understand console wars because a console is extremely expensive, so you have to choose one.

But who actually wants there to be less good content out there?

Man what's the point of people trying to convince each other it's gonna be great/terrible. The people who find it cringey are still gonna find it cringey and the people excited for it will still like it.

>missing the sarcasm

Marvelcucks will race behind us, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join us in the sun.

Shit I've been memed on.

KANGZ

You see these two, DCrusaders? Marvel's fanboys can't help theirselves! They're scared, so they lie. They're angry, so they attack. They're weak, so they complain. These are Marvel's Marveloose Cuckvengers, but they only have their impotency and Evans memes. Well Cuckvengers, prepare for mercy, prepare for the end. Prepare for Ayer.

I fucking love DC, but if you have to go batshit crazy to make your movie good I don't think it's a good idea.

>Smiley

I can see that as something Waller would do. She's big, bad and in charge and calling a bitch a pussy is about what I would expect. My main complaint is she seemed a little too soft, but this makes it sound like she won't take anyone's shit. Assuming it isn't just a single scene just for show and she spends the rest of the movie being weak.

Is this autism?

She won't call him names in the actual movie. It was just for rehearsals.

Ohh, I must have missed that. Still it seems to indicate that Waller won't be a pushover.