What movies have you gone alone to see?

What movies have you gone alone to see?

I recently went and saw special showing of Jurassic Park alone because everyone bailed on me and I already had a ticket.

I love going on my own but didn't have much time/opportunities lately, I think the last one I went to solo was the first Hobbit movie?

>go to cinema alone
>wheel in a mannequin with me so I can get by the NSP
>tell the employees she has a rare medical condition
>they smile and applaud
>approach the concession stand sweating bullets
>Robert looks us up and down, staring daggers
>he sees right through this pathetic farce
>"Here's your popcorn sir. You two enjoy the movie... and might I say, you're one lucky guy"
>winks at me
>wheeling her into the theater I discover a buttery $20 hidden inside the popcorn
my nigga

>go to see The Neon Demon alone
>"this should be fine, I'm seeing an arthouse movie at 10:30AM on a weekday, at worst an old lady will come in or something"
>Theater is empty until almost the end of the trailers
>Middle aged black dude comes in alone and sits in the very back
>Hear "dats craaazyy maaaynne" at an impolite volume multiple times throughout the movie

Every time. I've stopped going because even the morning shows can get troublesome and I've been getting too depressed about being a NEET to go outside anymore anyways. And it takes me at least bus and the subway (50 minutes all together) to get to a decent theater.

I only saw Gravity alone I think. The rest I've went to see them with my parents every time, except when I was 14 I saw the Simpsons movie with some guys from school, that was the only time I didn't go alone or with my parents. I hven't been to the movies in a long while now.

>waiting for my falcon license to arrive in the mail
>last showing of nightcrawler, fuck it, i'll think of something
>try and walk in casually
>ticket grimaces at me
>"how many will be joining you sir?"
>calmly tell her just me, and smile
>panick comes over her face
>before i know it, i've been tackled to the ground
>people inside all turn and watch and applaud
>get taken to the backroom and have my hands bound with cable ties while they wait for the police
That was a couple of years ago. I was let off with just a fine after they realised I was unarmed. Never trying that again

That's a bit depressing

I saw Song to Song alone because I was afraid it would be shit.

It wasn't. I saw it twice, best of the year.

Life Of Pi. I had noone to go with.
I'd go on my own more often but I hate capeshit and thats all they make anymore.

>try to watch Baywatch
>Previews just ended
>suddenly alarms start ringing
>falcons freak out in every row
>ushers come in with the theater police and drag every single out
>had two points deducted on my kino license for violating the policy 6 years ago so they drag me out as well
>after going through the dark corridors I find myself at the bathroom
>Robert shaves my head and pushes me into the shower
>I clean myself quickly and nervously
>get pulled out and dried by the bathroom guard
>put on cinema soldier uniform
>drill sergeant comes out amd starts barking orders at us
>only understand half of what he's saying, something about raiding an enemy kinoma to finally end the war
>he makes us shout the theater pledge of allegiance
>I memorized it so I'm good
>we rush into a bus, picking up rifles along the way
>20 minutes later we arrive, but the cinema bombs force our bus to crash into the theater lake
>swim to safety pulling a guy with me, couldn't save a neckbeard that drowned
>shoot down some enemies and advance to a capture point, but get knocked out by their Kino General
>spend the next three months in the popcorn mines until they let me go
>movie I wanted to watch isn't even in theaters anymore
>suddenly wake up
>was daydreaming the whole thing in front of two Stacies before another movie was starting
>had reenacted the whole thing in front of them too
>they look at me and laugh
>mfw

I would pay extra to have black man commentary in every movie.

Everytime I go to a movie it's alone.

Last one was lego batman

pokemon jirachi
it was halloween so there were 0 people in the audience except me, kinda awkward cause they had to play the movie just for me and they came in a couple times to see if everything was okay lol

I went and saw Iron Man alone when it first came out

Went to see Babby Driver yesterday, and the ticket boy goes, "Theater number Two, upstairs," Thanks i begin to say, as he cuts me off with "BUT the concessions are over there, to your left," forcefully. "Oh, uh, thanks," I reply as I slowly walk past the concessions, to my theater under his disapproving glance...

Who cares where concessions are?

What are the concessions?

A list of points the manager or GM concedes like, >No, it's not actually an IMAX
>We haven't mopped the floors in weeks
>You got us, the popcorn is stale, etc

kek I know that feel. Once I went to see some Harry Potter movie with my mom and the theatre was also empty, they played it just for us. Some people came in often to check everything was okay too and they eventually decided to just sit and watch the movie as well.

A forced tip you must concede to certain theatres.

Honestly, if you can't afford a few bucks for tips, you can't afford to go out, it's that simple. A dollar to the Box Office Attendant, The Ticket Administrator, The Concession Staff, maybe an Usher or two. Don't be cheap. Especially if they let you in alone, OR if you don't want to look like a jackass in front of a date.

I think this is just an american thing, you don't tip these people in other countries. And if you go alone you don't have anyone to impress anyway.

>tfw the ticket ripper now recognizes me whenever I see a movie.
>tfw he usually asks me how the movie was when I leave.

Xmen movies, because tradition

Went to see Star Wars 7 and Avatar alone

Think I saw Hero on my own too

>Try to talk to ticketman
>He's not having it
>'Just enjoy your movie sir.'
>'Y-you to.'

Every time

'yeah it was okay'

then just leave you fucking autistic cunt, hes not gonna demand a review, he's basically just saying he recognizes you as a regular/decent customer who doesnt inconvenience him

I was literally 13 when that movie came out and now I can legally post on Sup Forums.org ;)