How do we minimise automobile pollution? This smog can't be good for the future of our children and grandchildren

How do we minimise automobile pollution? This smog can't be good for the future of our children and grandchildren.

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerist.com/2015/08/27/class-action-lawsuit-claims-10-automakers-hid-keyless-ignition-carbon-monoxide-dangers-that-led-to-13-deaths/
greencarreports.com/news/1098780_ford-mustang-electric-drag-car-does-0-to-60-mph-under-2-seconds-targets-200-mph
youtube.com/watch?v=WOAyoCo3xXA
members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop being gay as a first step

>It can't be good
Come back when you have stats and figures to back that up

Stop giving retards and immigrants licenses. Less accidents, traffic, and pollution

>believing it's possible for carbon monoxide pollution to be healthy for children

People have died from defective keyless ignition systems while the car was inside attached-to-house garages at night, polluting the entire house with CO and suffocating the families while they were asleep. That stuff isn't healthy.

consumerist.com/2015/08/27/class-action-lawsuit-claims-10-automakers-hid-keyless-ignition-carbon-monoxide-dangers-that-led-to-13-deaths/

Electric. And it's coming whether vintagefags like it or not.

You realize those people die from asphyxiation right? The CO replaces the oxygen in the local atmosphere, they black out, and then slowly asphyxiate. It's not because the gas is bad, although that is a part of it. My point is that it's bad for a different reason. The whole atmosphere of this earth is a different matter.

Electric cars are the solution. Sorry guys, but the hippies are right on this one.

The future? Sure but not for 40 odd years until we get the power generation problem fixed. If it weren't for people's retarded hatred for nuclear that wouldn't be a problem and we'd just be looking at improved battery and power storage tech

Talk to /o/ about this one user

You will have to pry my shifter from my cold dead hands liberal cucks

>encourage the use of bicycles and scooters/motorcycles and rearrange infrastructure accordingly
>start purging old, inefficient automobiles through heavy taxes
>encourage electric automobiles and regulate greener automobile manufacturing
>depopulate large cities so smog production isn't concentrated
I'll let you faggots figure out how to accomplish the last point.

Breathing in smog is as American as apple pie you hippy faggot!

This. Cant wait. All that torque. Weeeeeeeee fuck gas

I'm sure there will be vintage-style electric cars manufactured, with a speaker system under the car and a sound synthesizer to make the classic engine 'vroom' sound. Best of both worlds.

>Electric cars are the solution

And this is just to get the batteries.
Where do you think the energy comes from to generate the electricity to put in all of those batteries?

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT OF A CLASSIC CAR!!!! ITS NOT ONLY THE LOOK, IT'S THE FEEL OF IT. THE LONG HOURS IN THE SHOP TAKING CAR OF IT. THE COMMUNITY BEHIND IT. YOU CANT JUST REPLACE ALL THAT SHIT WITH A FUCKING STEREO AND A FIBERGLASS BODY!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

This converted electric classic Mustang can go from 0 to 60 in only 1.94 seconds, faster than a McLaren F1.

greencarreports.com/news/1098780_ford-mustang-electric-drag-car-does-0-to-60-mph-under-2-seconds-targets-200-mph

But the manufacture of new cars produces more pollution then all older ones combined.

I hope you know that is a fake Facebook picture moron.

Look at the inside of this beautiful converted electric Mustang. Looks like an electric engineer's dream. You do know a little about electric engineering, don't you, user?

McLaren is a meme

This guy ruined a perfectly good 1968 mustang...Sad

The electricity needed to power electric cars will still need to be generated by burning fossil fuels.

Electric doesn't help. There will still be pollution.

Lithium-ion batteries can easily be recycled. Oil... not so much.

I am fucking terrible with wires.

N U C L E A R
U
C
L
E
A
R

This was about auto smog though. The pollution from manufacturing plants can me purified much easier than smog smothering a city.

Plug up the exhaust pipe, that's where all the pollution comes from anyways.

>encourage the use of bicycles and scooters/motorcycles and rearrange infrastructure accordingly
Gas the bikers, road war now!

Emission testing

Economy of scale fella. I used to think the same way until I looked into it deeply. It is much cheaper, resource wise, to power 100,000 cars with a coal burning electric power plant than it is to have them all burn their own fuel individually.

Electric cars have so much torque at low RPM that you won't even need transmissions. Let them be a thing of the past.

>hating electric cars just because liberals like them

This is going to come back to bite conservatives in the back when they inevitably replace gasoline cars as the dominant form and auto emissions plummet.

I like electric cars. Even if every car was charged from power made from a coal power plant you'd use less energy and pollute less due to the efficiency of electric motors.

And you can make electric cars with lead AGM batteries.

Market forces will bring evs into mass production. Gas prices will rise again.

I like the idea of being able to charge my own car at home. It feels empowering not to be completely dependent on a gas station whenever I run low on fuel.

Still shit compared to mass transit and human-powered transit.

There's not much you can do to make automobile production ecologically sound, so the only solution is to produce far less of them.

We already have. It's called a catalytic converter. Cars produce literally millions of times less than ones from before emissions laws in some areas, and their main emissions is water vapor. Also, fuck electric cars, don't you ever take my beautiful I.C.E away from me.

This angers me because a lot of people think smoking and passive smoking are both bad for you, when it was always car pollution.

>implying they're not both harmful

>implying

Pollution is a lie created by the Chinese to hurt American consumers.

People die from CO in confined spaces, yes. You are an absolute retard if you think that means smog from cars is going to choke a city to death.

>This angers me because a lot of people think smoking is bad for you
A lot of people think correctly

Can't just correlate them.
Improvements in stents/grafts and medications are also reasons.

>Buying into Nazi lies on an Indonesian message board for Korean cartoons

WEW

get more cars using E85

youtube.com/watch?v=WOAyoCo3xXA

Classic cars are beautiful, historical, and otherwise a great deal of fun, no one is in doubt of that. but the future is not in internal combustion, I'm afraid. I believe the solution is to embrace true electric vehicles that promote both superior technology and empowering the free market, (AKA Tesla) while simultaneously embracing our history in classic automobiles (and not be fucking cucks about it)

Planting trees thousands of miles away wont help im pretty sure
Motorcycles are harmful for living beings

>"Hey, those exhaust fumes are actually really good for you, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. We will make fumes great again, people, we will make fumes great again."

Well at least you don't believe in passive smoking...

Smoking's alleged connection with diseases was always extraordinarily weak.

members.iinet.net.au/~ray/TSSOASb.html

Also, many smokers live longer than non smokers.

plug up the exhaust pipe so smoke doesn't come out

Not necessarily. Wind & solar can generate power for electric cars. Why not?
But overall, a large fossil fuel generator is much more efficient (70+%?) than small ones in individual cars (25%?).

Chart: relevant period is... 24 months? Ha! "We banned workplace smoking, but cause I am still alive 2 years later, it is bogus!" Yeah, right.

less people

>smoking can somehow affect you negatively several years later even though anti-smoking propaganda implies your lungs go back to normal roughly a month after quitting smoking.

Just move to the year 2016, where automobile pollution has been minized in non-commie countries.

/thread

Natural selection will eventually make us resilient to all effects of pollution and changing climate. It will be painful for a while when the weak are being culled but our race will better off for it in the end.

Lol got a source on that buddy?