Why does Sup Forums use shitty buzzwords to get their point across?

Why does Sup Forums use shitty buzzwords to get their point across?
>shill
>cuck

Sup Forums saw a dramatic influx of newfags and this board turned into Sup Forums. Either make your peace with that or leave.

Because you're a faggot.

What the fuck is your problem?

Name?

Call it by it`s name.

because 50% of below are stupid, 75% are average or below, the remaining 25%, 20% will disagree with you on one principle or another and disregard everything else you have to say, and of the other 5%? well 3% haven't learnt the sophists art. That leaves 2% of which 1% lurk and the last 1% is you.

Buzzwords are used to simplify a futile process of logical and reasoned debate. It is a refusal to engage because of their refusal to listen in the first instance. It is passive resistance to governments who contribute towards and preside over the end of our civilisation.

>>shill
>>cuck

How about: racist, sexist, homophobe, transphobe, Islamophobe, bigot, xenophobe, manspreader, mansplainer, misogynist, classist, ableist, sizeist and probably another dozen fucking empty insult-buzzwords I've forgotten?

I don't care what you have gotten..
I care about how this board throws the word "shill" and "cuck" around in every single situations. It just kills any chance of having an argument..

I don't disagree about "shill" and "cuck" -- they are overused, even if legitimate in certain situations -- but you must admit that the buzzwords I listed are far more of a concern for shutting down free discussion in our society than the ones which bother you the most.

>her face
Remember that scene in Chucky where he's hiding under the couch and the mom is reaching under without looking?

it is a fact there are paid shills pushing viewpoints on this board.

Until that stops being a fact, the word shill HAS to stay. It tells people to think critically and examine the evidence a user presents, because everyone is suspect.

>It just kills any chance of having an argument..
No, you're just a cuck for letting a single word shut you down.

Reminder trump and hillery are partners

Reminder trump and hillerys twittters are tweeted by a team of people who makes it looks like they are completing eachother

Reminder trump is a buisnessman and have no desire to be president

Reminder benie sanders likes money, reminder benie is hired to pretend to be a commie to gain liberal votes and then jump out the race and endorse hillery

Reminder they know american people are stupid retads and thats why this plan is working

Having a whole person's argument revolve around "you're a cuck or shill," is borderline retarded and it happens constantly.
Definitely, I just missed when this place was actually pretty decent when everything wasn't watered down and memey..

>it is a fact there are paid shills pushing viewpoints on this board.

You're right, it is a fact. But since we have no way of knowing exactly who they are, it's best to leave the "shill" accusations alone unless it's really blatant, and concentrate on destroying their flimsy arguments instead.

>Having a whole person's argument revolve around "you're a cuck or shill," is borderline retarded and it happens constantly.
Buzzwords are not arguments, if you cannot refute someone whos entire "argument" boils down to a buzzword then sadly I believe you don't had a point to begin with.

didn't have*

Excuse me

I think what he's saying is that just shouting "cuck" or "shill" is shitposting. There's nothing wrong with name-calling as such (it's usually great fun in fact), but it has to be accompanied by a logical destruction of the other guy's arguments or it's just shitposting. For my own part, I've been accused of being a CIA shill, a Russian shill, an Israeli shill, a Nazi and a "cuckservative" all within the past 3-4 years. It's not that the shit-slinging hurts me personally, but it is very inimical to rational discussion.

You're a "stupid retad"

>profession: correction department of propaganda taskforce
>objective: troll the fuck out of Sup Forums
>pension: for free

"Shill" seems to have more of a shutdown effect than "Cuck" does.

Hill shill cuck detected

Shitposting like that usually comes from very ignorant people. Whenever I spout my own opinions irl I get accused of being a racist, rightwing or authoritarian while infact I'm very close to the center and slightly libertarian leaning.

The way to combat that this is to try to understand why the person assumes you are what they claim you to be and then deconstruct it. I know buzzwords tends derail the argument but it leaves the person spouting it open to be completely annihilated and hopefully they leave the conversation slightly less ignorant.

Buzzwords only hold any power when you let them to.

>5▶
>
>"Shill" seems to have more of a shutdown effect than "Cuck" does.

Because it's hard to wanna argue with someone who's so fucking retarded he thinks people on Inuit ice Carving Boards are paid employees that want to shift his opinion

You made a thread for this? Really?

Because it triggers people

Not OP but it has become a defining feature of this board's decline.

You faggot

Are there any right wing sites on the internet that aren't Trumptard hugboxes?

Because it's fun

You want "right-wing" without a general enthusiasm towards Trump? How is that supposed to work?

Probably only the NeverTrump places.

Shill isn't a buzzword and Sup Forums is in no way weird for saying literal shills are being hired in a presidental race where literal shills are being hired by a Superpac affiliated with Hillary Rodham Clinton the democratic nominee for president. What are we supposed to say instead of shill, paid social media commentators?

Cuck elegantly gets the point across that sacrificing your own interests for somebody elses isn't morally righteous. It just makes you a cuck. It's saying that doing something for yourself can be as moral or more moral than doing something for somebody else. It has been overused and driven into the ground though, and baffles normies.

>Why does Sup Forums use shitty buzzwords

these newfags

How long have you been here?
Shill is not new and has been thrown around forever

Cuck is just too perfect and sums up so much of Western society and thought
It's become a chanism along with normie
Being bothered by either of them shows how green you are

No one who legitimately browses Sup Forums is triggered by these words. The issue is that they have become buzzwords: words that are trendy to use but have lost meaning in their use.

If someone disagrees with your opinion it doesn't automatically mean he is a shill. Not everyone who challenges your thoughts has to be disingenuous in endorsing said opinion.

Let's not even get started on cuck which is only used as an insult with very little, if any, context to support its use.

>cuck which is only used as an insult with very little, if any, context

A cuck is someone who takes pleasure in his country being taken away from him (and from others like him) in the same way that a sexual cuck fetishist takes pleasure in his wife being fucked by other men. It's a fair comparison, you must admit.

cuck is internet slang for "tricked out of your leverage" I like to call it "tricked+fucked" or "cucked"

Now WHO would want to stop this word I wonder?

If you want to know what has pushed the decline of this board blame the presidential election

I actually have trouble thinking of moments when shill and cuck are used to shut down discussion

Please give me a solid example if you have one

Anyway shit like that is such a minor problem (I wouldn't even call it a problem) on this board
You want to know what the real problem with this board is? No one knows how to use filters

Also you seem adversarial towards this board
If you don't like it you can always leave
There are multiple alternatives

This. /thread

Been here since before the Zimmerman trials. Yes the word has been around for a while.

But when discussion goes:
>user 1: *point*
>user 2: I disagree here is why
>user 1: fuck of shill
>user 3: why are there so many shills suddenly are we being invaded?

Cuck being used is fine when it makes sense but anymore it's meaning doesn't apply to half of what it's applied to. It's lost any effect it may have once had and has slowly become a new -fag suffix except now intergected into works willy-nilly.
It's not conducive to any reasonable discussion and most of the board isn't Aussies.

because called everyone shills and cucks is easier than defending ones position
they're totally shills so why should i argue with them, right guys? [echo chamber intensifies]

I'm not adversed to this board, I've been around for years.

It's just a trend that started up about 2 years ago and has slowly gotten worse.

Is just wanting refutation and genuine discussion that bad of thing anymore?

>[echo chamber intensifies]

People are free to post arguments and counter-arguments on Sup Forums, unlike genuine echo chambers like Reddit where unpopular opinions are downvoted to oblivion, or worse yet the many left-liberal sites in which dissenting opinions are censored right away and never see the light of day at all.

And here is the issue

The country based definition I can kind of see the point being made.

The other we already have a word for: duped
Using "cuck" for something we already have a word for just to get an emotional reaction is no different than certain other groups using emotionally weighted words to describe unlike things.

>People saying shill is overused.

I'll use "Paid social media commentators" instead.

You guys don't get it. There are literally millions of dollars being paid towards since you don't like that word, people paid to comment on social media. These people are HEAVILY outnumbered by the actual communities of the websites they go on. However, just a few people can disrupt a conversation, or start one. If you do nothing to protest this, you accept a future where both sides of a presidental campaign will have unaffilated organizations hiring paid social media commenters so the other side doesn't have an edge on them.

The only way to counteract it is to push the issue constantly. You say though "But what about the innocent people being accused of commenting for money that Trumpets are alienating?"

Well fuck them, because Hillary Clinton has not denounced the use of paid social media commenters, the website that bears her name gives donations to the superpac that hires the paid social media commenters, and if you are supporting Hillary Clinton you are complacent in the use of paid social media commenters. If these people don't want to be constantly called paid social media commenters, they should stop acting as cover for paid social media commenters, I have the same opinion about terrorists and moderate muslims.

Websites have actually cracked down on unfounded accusations against people saying they're paid social media commenters, saying that they just lead to pointless drama. This is fucking wrong, this is not solving the problem. What would solve the problem is fucking outrage at the Hilary Clinton campaign for their use of paid social media commenters, not trying to sweep the problem under the rug. What would solve the problem is Hillary Clinton disavowing the use of paid social media commenters, and her superpacs quietly backing off the idea.

The people crying shill aren't the bad guys, the people complacent with the use of paid social media commenters are.

because onomatopoetically they are just fun words.

Give an example of this happening

There have been an influx of the same threads with the same exact anti-trump anti-conservative thread posting
That's why you see people reacting like that

The points against their arguments have already been made months ago and yet those threads are made multiple times everyday and often reach bump limit (most likely because of how easy it is to actually have an argument that you can win or get positive replies from within that thread)

>Not everyone who challenges your thoughts has to be disingenuous
That is adversarial
You've come to hate this board
Maybe you should just leave

There's plenty of argument
In fact I guarantee in every one of those threads with shill and cuck comments you'll see a refutation because finding a refutation is easy when the arguments haven't changed for 6 months
Nothing has changed in months so you see cuck and shill comments because why would you remake an argument that's already been made extremely well 6 threads ago?

Why use duped when we have cucked?
Cucked carries more weight

>No different than certain other groups using emotionally weighted words
You seem to be someone who is either a shill/disrupter or someone who cares too much about the moral high ground
You do realize that these techniques are popular because they work right?

to add, cuck has mostly just supplanted the word nigger on the chinz since the great m00tles flight

Basically

you used to be able to type NIGGER into any board, and in general nobody would give a flying fuck because LOL NIGGER

nowadays you have some asshurt SJW mod or some asshurt SJW infection from reddit come in and report posts that have NIGGER

so what replaces NIGGER? KEK does!

Just mentally replace cuck with nigger. Once you get into the habit of it, you start to feel at ease. It feels homey.

also Hillary has paid shills here. It's not even a secret that Hillary's campaign is "correcting the record" and dumped millions of dollars into hiring min-wage faggots to spam propaganda for her--or maybe she buys some Indian firm where a bunch of curryniggers are the ones spamming pro-Shillary shit. I dunno.

People are talking about "lol Sup Forums is creating an echo chamber for itself"

That's not what I'm trying to do. If Hillarys campaign stops paying people to comment on social media I'll fucking rip into Trump.

However, right now social media in general has been made into more of a pro-hillary echo-chamber through the use of money. They are LITERALLY PAYING PEOPLE MONEY TO FORCE MEMES.

It is my moral obligation whereever I go on social media, to reduce Hillary Clintons chances of winning as much as possible. Trump just happens to be running against her, it doesn't matter that it's Trump, it could be anyone. But when somebody is paying money to influence social media, there are a lot of people that have nothing better to do with their time than shitpost, that are going to be motivated to shitpost for an actual cause. To keep the influence of politicians money out of social media.

We don't use buzzwords. We make buzzwords with KeKs blessing.

We don't know exactly where CTR is spending their efforts, most efforts I've seen exposed have targeted facebook and twitter above all. We just know they've already burnt through millions, and have gone on record saying they're paying people to comment on social media.

It really wouldn't matter if Hillaries paid cronies were here, or on twitter, on facebook, on tumblr, on leddit. Regardless of if they targeted Sup Forums specifically, if you are backing Hillary Clinton, you are backing paid social media commenters. The fact that the paid social media commenters are good enough to hide their prescence doesn't mean we should just pretend they don't exist, or only talk about them on certain sites, it means we should continue pushing an anti-hillary agenda until Hillary starts seeing these paid social media commenters as a liability.

>"buzzwords"
>cuck
>shill
> no "nigger"
You missed the point.

>Is just wanting refutation and genuine discussion that bad of thing anymore?

It's definitely a good thing to seek out.

The only way to get it isn't by complaining about the people saying people are shills. It's either by getting rid of the shills, or getting Trump to hire shills. So long as there is a situation where one side of a presidential election is using shills, and one side is not, there is going to be a continuous culture of dismissing posts.

You can't rationalise this problem away. It's an issue of fairness, it's an issue of the fact this is the first time that somebody has openly employed shills in a presidential election. You are INSANE if you don't think there is going to be a constant effort to counteract this by trying to screw over Hillaries chances, and boost Trumps chances, and yell about Shills constantly.

Back during his presidential announcement Trump used seat fillers, just like Obama and Hillary have done in the past. I spread that shit around everywhere. It's not that I'm a Trump bootlicker, I just hate people that manipulate the public with money. Trump stopped needing seat fillers, and Hillary started hiring Shills, so guess what, I'm going to tell the Truth of a Clinton presidency. She is someone that is going to get into office, have trouble passing a bill that helps her donors, and will use her donors money to hire shills again because they worked for her before. It means a future of cooperate influence over one of the few things still mostly protected of it, Social Media. If she is scared off of using Shills ever again, regardless of if she wins this elections narrowly because of the fallout or loses it, mission fucking accomplished.

The most effective anti-shill tactics isn't lengthy intellectual discussion. It's saying so long as we don't have a platform to talk politics free of the influence of money, you won't get to discuss your pro-hillary views or your skepticism of anti-hilary views.