A fucking video game made on a tight schedule and a limited budget has a better story than the latest Disney films made...

>a fucking video game made on a tight schedule and a limited budget has a better story than the latest Disney films made on a seemingly endless budget
really makes you think

but it has the worst story of any star wars game

literally devientart fanfiction tier villains

Star Wars was never good, popnerd

No it doesn't

>a videogame made on a tight schedule and limited budget was released unfinished and is a complete mess

really makes you think

all the money goes to the special effects, not the writers

as much as I love this game this criticism is true in retrospect

>better story

Your story needs to be finished to be better.

>good story
"PRETZELS LIE, THEY MANIPULATE.... I WANT TO BECOME A PRETZEL"

both KOTOR 2 and TFA play on the conventions of star wars, it's just KOTOR 2 is more deconstructive and mean spirited about it (Avellone hates star wars) and TFA is more celebratory

>fanfiction tier villains

No, they're great villains, they were just 2deep4u

>ITT butthurt Disney cucks.

Of courses it has a better story, the force awakens is complete shit.

this is a +18 board, kid
While Nihilus was a meme villain and Darth Sion seemed manichaean until the final showdown in Malachor, Darth Traya/Kreia is the finest villain in SW and only contrarians think otherwise.
I mean, what else is there in SW to compare her to? Vader, The Emperor, all Kyle Katarn villains etc. were bad compared to her - only Grand Admiral Thrawn would probably come really close.

Both KOTOR 2 and TFA are 100% agenda driven. It just comes down to whether you'd prefer to be a moral nihilist / malicious egoist or a liberal progressive numale.

>who else is there in SW to compare her to?
Darth Bane

>Nihilus was a meme villain
I really liked him

Nihilus existed for a reason though. He's an example of a character who you can't beat simply by being more powerful with the Force, because he feeds off it.

I wish I could spit in the eyes of every nu-contrarian faggot that like KOTOR2. Fuck off back to pillars of eternity and dragon ballz threads

>any of those being better than Sheev

Video games are for retards.

It could have been a good story but your kidding yourself if you think the game was finished or that the story had a satisfying conclusion.

>see this thread
>want to reinstall
>remember Peragus and Telos exist
>NOPE

>sheev not being a retard

What you should instead remember is that "skip telos" and "skip peragus" mods exist.
Don't tell me you actually played through both more than twice.

WATCH IT ANI

Telos is the best part of the game you faggot

>What you should instead remember is that "skip telos" and "skip peragus" mods exist.
my autism can't handle skipping stuff

>Don't tell me you actually played through both more than twice.
no comment

I'm pretty confident that Avellone doesn't hate Star Wars, he just doesn't like how manichean it is and thinks the jedi/sith are cunts (which they are, that's a fact, not even an opinion).

If I'm wrong however, he is a genuine masochist then since he allegedly went through as many EU stories, books, comics, etc. as possible in preparation for writing the story.

>If I'm wrong however, he is a genuine masochist then since he allegedly went through as many EU stories, books, comics, etc. as possible in preparation for writing the story.
If he didn't hate Star Wars at first, then he surely did hate it later after reading all that crap

Let me guess, light & dark, male & female... so 4 times at least? kek. Don't mind that I fell for the meme like 3 times doe. But then I don't mind Telos. It's shitty but at least it's not Peragus.

PURE
PAZAAK

Am I the only one who doesn't mind telos or peragus?

>finished 2 like 4/5 times
>can't finish 1 once
god damn, why is everything bioware so fucking cringe

Please consider suicide.

I never played as a female but I tried many different alignments/classes

Probably. It's like a temple of trials that just doesn't fucking end. Game shoulda been open-map from much earlier on.

Lucasarts are to blame, not Obsidian.

Also, the Restored Content Mod takes care of this.

>moral nihilist / malicious egoist

That's exactly what Kreia preaches against though?

>3 movies that had an unlimited budget and were 15 years in the making and are complete messes

really makes you george

I don't know about that.
Sure, Kreia pushes objectivism on you, but she's not painted as being in the right.

No it isn't. At least not the moral nihilist.

She is though, she's Avellone's self insert and you have literally no intelligent means to disagree or debate with her, you are proven wrong or shut down at every opportunity.

>Obsidian isn't to blame for kotor 2
>Obsidian isn't to blame for new vegas
>Obsidian isn't to blame for Tyranny

GEE

She's also a cold blooded murderer that manipulates her companions and ends up dying miserably.

>be 13
>playing kotor2
>give some beggar 5 credits
>he gets mugged and beaten to death
>wtf I love ayn rand now
Who else got their first redpill from Kreia?

That doesn't mean the writer's perspective isn't that she's objectively correct.
It's really pretty funny that a game pushing so hard to throw out objective morality pushes the antagonists morality in your face as an objective truth you have no means to disprove or even disagree with without your dialogue sounding like a drooling vagina.

>Nice outfit. What, you miners changed your uniforms while I was in here?

if you stay on the slightly dickish end of neutral then you get tons of influence with her

just don't get APATHY'D

yes

I'm fine with Peragus, Telos on the other hand is a genuine slog.

KOTOR 2 really is the only good thing to come out of star wars

Kotor 1 + 2 has a richer story and worldbuilding than all the disney star wars combined.

Ever single character is more memorable than the Disney Wars characters.

I'd rather play pazaak than watch Disney Wars, I gave up up after Rogue 1. I don't care what happens anymore.

the first one gave us Bastila, Jolee, and HK-47 though

(((Objectivism))) (((Ayn Rand))). Kreia was NEETzschean not a jew ideologe

new vegas was great though, if you disagree you suck cock by choice

Yeah but it was mostly pretty badly written. Kotor 2 makes it seem like it was written by retards by comparison.

MUH EPIC GREY AREA FORCE SO INTELLECTUAL

its boring trash for pseuds kotor 1 did a better job of representing alternative decision making to good and evil and it didnt beat you over the head with it

Kreia was dangerously redpilled

You should replay them both, Kotor 1 has awful writing.

the dark side choices in the first one were cartoonishly evil and didn't involve manipulation

I still enjoyed murdering people for no reason though.

both have awful dark side choices really. Every star wars game does and it's shameful

its almost as if starwars is supposed to be campy and cartoony??

>it's supposed to be shit
haha

I'm glad I played the game in my adolescence so I knew how to approach characters from then on.

best dark side decision coming through
even my light side characters do it

how can this guy resist dominate mind anyway?

whaht is this?

Healthy Republic soldier goes underwater, gets jumped by massive mob of crazy fishes, locks himself in a locker and changes - INSANITY. Many such cases!

If obsidian wrote this you'd get the option to find his house and fuck his wife

wtf I love obsidian now

Kreias philosophy is not nihilistic in the slightest. Her entire "rule" boils down to living your life with a meaning of your own instead of wasting it by following someone elses dogma. Idiots think that Kreia wants you to be "grey" or "neutral" when in reality she tries to teach you to be your own master. The "apathy is death" teaching is embodied in being forced to pick a side when your imaginary party members turn on imaginary Kreia, and if youre afraid of choosing, it means you arent in control of your goals

Anyone who thinks Kreia isnt the best star wars villain is entitled to thinking that way since I also like Palpatine way too much but the people who try to demean the unfinished masterpiece that is kotor 2 by saying its "2deep4u" while it actually clearly WAS too deep for them are the worst type of retards

to add to this, this is why Kreia idolizes Revan far more than Revan probably ever did for any of his masters (or for the very least, how Avellone portrayed Revan). Revan is basically the "perfect" human according to Kreia's practically objectively correct philosophy. Revan was portrayed as being so completely in control of his own goals and so free of of the jedi or sith dogma that he freely "fell" to the dark side for his plan.

But this doesn't appeal to normies
Most people I know who are "fans" of SW usually never consumed anything from the expanded universe, let alone the games

>Hey dude those new SW movies are awesome! Check it out my SW T-shirt and hat I just bought, oh man me and my gf were so hyped for it finally a female jedi and dudeeee when han solo died OMG we started crying :

Most of their budget goes to the actors salary and CGI

CGI is cheap retard

the money goes to salaries, sets and the extensive amount of logistics like travel, food, securing locations etc etc. Flying actors to deserts daily is not cheap

>Be good
YOU FOOL BEING GOOD LEADS TO SUFFERING

>Be Bad
YOU FOOL BEING BAD LEADS TO SUFFERING

>Be Neutral
YOU FOOL BEING NEUTRAL LEADS TO SUFFERING

The fuck do you want me to do you stupid old hag.

this was annoying af and confusing, but there was always a right choice with that thot

>that that hoe over there

youre a fool if you think disney cares about good story

they care about money, which means appealing to the widest spread of people at one time, which generally means bad, cliched, tame and unimaginative story, they aren't willing to take risks so there is zero chance they will make something special

the old star wars might looks formulaic now, but when they came out there was nothing else like them and thats a part of what made them so good

I agree Kreia is a good character but kotor 2 really isnt deep as you people make it out to be. Could be different if it was actually finished.

Dark side is all about 'yo imma badass nigga and imma fuck shit lelll' for fucks sake

Bane?

yeah no shit. why would you put the effort into writing a good story when you can make billions without even trying?

>be me
>a month before TFA's release
>be in a SW mood
>decide to check out KotOR games, since I missed out on them when they were released
>love the first one
>really love the second one
>go watch TFA
>it's an unbearably lame flick in comparison

they're both great. TFA was just a cashgrab with an alright story fucking 6/10 desu

You clearly don't know shit about Star Wars games if you think KOTOR is anywhere near the worst. That or you think being a contrarian faggot on an anonymous imageboard gives you your only meaning in life.

Why bother shelling out the time, effort and money to write a halfway decent story when you can simply milk the shit out of OT nostalgia and idiots will still line up to see it in droves?

>living your life with a meaning of your own instead of wasting it by following someone elses dogma

That's wrong.
She pisses on your if you come up with your own reasons for doing anything even if they're completely independent of the Jedi or Sith dogma.

Based Akagi, I'm glad you're still with us bro, when will moralets learn?

>The fuck do you want me to do you stupid old hag.

She wants you to say

>I will consider your advice

Then you get upvotes from her.

Kotor 2 gave more memorable HK-47 moments tho.

Regardless, KOTOR as a whole gave us the best droid to come out of Star Wars

>Jolee
>good at all
Dark side Bastila calls his dumb ass out for hiding on Kashyyyk for years. He's a bitch without a spine because of muh grey Jedi.

>'yo imma badass nigga and imma fuck shit lelll'
shut the fuck up retarded nigger faggot

Based user

>Morality is bad!
>True enlightment comes from jerking off at the top of the fence, because holding convictions and beliefs are for retards
>EVERYTHING in the world is relative! There is no right and wrong only different perspectives :^)
Moral individualistic relativism is cancer, thank God I'm not 17 anymore

>kreia the worst villain in the SW

no, holy shit, no. Shit was fuckin kino

go back faggot

Tyranny was mostly good.

you've discovered the secret of KOTOR 2

Kreia was not a moral individualistic relativist, she specifically did everything to use the jedi exile to kill the force so the galaxy would be free of the stupidity of the sith/jedi, because she knew in the long term that the continued galactic conflicts that would continue ad infinitum would damage more lives than the damage she would do with her plan, she even explains this to you at the end of the godamn game.