Favorite Webcomics Thread?

Who's your favorite webcomic artist?

I personally really like owlturd. At first glance, he looks like one of those "lol, i'm so quirky XD" artists, but he's incredibly self aware and has an amazingly expressive arstyle.

Other urls found in this thread:

erfworld.com/
comicfury.com/profile.php?username=Thorsby
jessemoynihan.com/
whatthingsdo.com/
studygroupcomics.com/
drewweing.com/comic/chapter-1-city-of-monsters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not original, but Ashley Cope.

I seriously want to hug Allie Brosh and tell her everything will be okay
then as she worries and frets that writing a comic about her neuroses and problems has artificially called pity upon herself, I soothingly tell her that I'd feel exactly the same way even if she was a stranger

Yeah... When I was a kid I loved her comics about grammar and her style of humor... When I went back and reread her spiral into depression it was such a jarring experience...

I really hope she gets better as well

>when I was a kid
>came out 7 years ago
what

Eh... I'm talking about middle-school years.

Back when it was running, I absolutely loved BitF. Tuesdays and Fridays were always a nice highlight of the week thanks to them.

BitF was so innocent and pure
Just some goof makin' goofy comics and occasionally givin' you some light feels
It was too good for this world

Samefagging, but out of curiosity, how many of you have gotten the chance to read Pictures for Sad Children?

it has a special sort of cynicism to it that really made hunting it down worth it

Hey guys, whatever happened to the"how to write webcomic" thread? It used to be here

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but here's the story tips in the "How's Your Webcomic?" thread:

I only heard about it for the first time in a storytime after his collapse, so not as much as I'd like to. The one with the stroke and the drowned baby was funny enough that I still remember it, though.

As far as favorite webcomic ARTISTS, probably Ilkwon Ha from Annarasumanara. I'm a sucker for non-standard character design and medium blending. I've considered trying to story time it a few times since it's a really engaging story as well, but end up deciding against it since I get the feeling it would be deleted for being too Sup Forums; though I also get the feeling that I'd be crucified for trying to post something Korean in Sup Forums.

As far as my actual favorite webcomic, probably erfworld. I really enjoy in-depth worldbuilding, and Rob Balder is excellent at writing smart people trying to outmaneuver each other.

Truly, I'm still holding onto the faint hope that someday he might return without a set schedule. At one point, he posted a few rather simple new comics on the BitF forums.

WALUIGI TIME

The greatest

Reginald is and forever will be my spirit animal

Probably Ronnie, he seems like a great guy all round. Also Morbi draws some crazy fucking imaginative smut, so he's alright by me.

>Favorite Webcomics Thread?
>Who's your favorite webcomic artist?
So, is this two different questions?

Favorite artist is either Kazarad or Ronnie. Ronnie is pretty easy going and not an asshole, and I like the way Kaz thinks.

As for comics, shit, that's a long list. Are we including finished comics as well?

Awkward Zombie, Brawl In The Family, Chopping Block, Endtown, Freefall, Faux Pas, Gone with the Blastwave, Jack, Lackadaisy Cats, Order of the Stick, Out of Placers, Perry Bible Fellowship, Prequel, Poppy O`Possum, Whomp!, and VGCats. Some are finished, some on hiatus, some might be dead, some still update.

What ever happened to Erfworld?

Rich Burlew gave it space on his website, then they got their own website, then..?

i just recently binged whomp
i love that at no point does it ever get political or irritating in any way. it's kinda sad how he keeps shitting on himself for being a nerd instead of just owning it, but it's consistent with his adorably paranoid self-hating personality

erfworld.com/

Timojim Ilufi. He does a comic called Rain (pic related) which is basically what you'd get if Miyazaki did acid. The plot's super-confusing since there are no words, but the visuals are more than enough for me.

Raven's Dojo is a treasure.

Decent taste in this thread. Some of you have probably heard of KSBD, my absolute favorite webcomic right now. I think the art quality competes with many great official publications on the market right now, and all of the additional world building through short stories, psalms, and small scenes that go up with nearly every update makes for great reading.

Been reading Latchkey kingdom ever since that 70 seas storytime.

Its really nice, although i miss 70 seas' larger plot.

Lackadaisy Cats for sure.

Came here to post the titledrop

>Who's your favorite webcomic artist?

I don't really have a favorite, but I'd be more than happy to share my "regular reading" webcomic list:

-Order of the Stick
-Goblins
-Gastrophobia
-Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic
-Spinerette
-Cucumber Quest
-Kill Six Billion Demons
-Stand Still. Stay Silent.
-Devil's Candy
-Doctor Mcninja
-Machismo is the punchline
-Awkward Zombie

Out of all of these I guess I'd consider Kill Six Billion Demons, Devil's Candy and Stand still. Stay Silent. to be the absolute best in overall consistent quality.

DISHONORABLE mention to Rutabaga Adventure Chef & The Abominable Charles Richard: Both are webcomics I absolutely ADORED, but the artists stopped providing them free to their audience as soon as they found out they could monetize/sell the comic itself.

Rest in piece to Kiwi's by beat though because ironically he didn't monetize enough and literally -I'm 100% serious- had his house forclosed and may very well be homeless right now.
Kiwi's by beat was the guy who brought us MINUS- The guy who made minus is destitute.

Where do manhwas belong

NEVER MIND.

I JUST LOOKED UP THE ABOMINABLE CHARLES CHRISTOPHER AND HE'S BEEN DOING THE COMIC AGAIN.

Mokepon is a pretty nice Pokemon webcomic.

Brawl in the Family, Machismo, and VGcats are some other nice ones.

There was one other that I forgot the name of. It was some kind of magic academy comic. The main heroine was framed for massacring a bunch of people in one of the early arcs and was in jail last I saw. Think it was by the same artist who drew some Calvin and Hobbes homage, some girl and a raccoon or something.

>favorite webcomic artist
Joe England is probably my favorite.
Tracy is easily second, but Zebra Girl just pushes my buttons perfectly for some reason.

Floraverse.
But I have bad taste in my mouth after hearing all bullshit that artist was doing.

Feast for a King.
Feels crazy, man.

Very pretty art and cool characters but holy damn is the artist fucking unbearable as a person

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the naked children, right?

What did he or she do? I'm always up for juicy gossip about internet artists being terrible people.

very cool, this guy should get paid for this kind of quality

I love and miss Sexy Losers/Thin H Line

So the guy who gave us Minus is living out Great! , his other comic?

I am not sure I would label it my favourite webcomic but I also think it is pretty good and deserves more attention.

I also kinda miss the larger scale of 70-Seas.

Totally batshit sjw, super toxic and awful. If you really feel like learning about it read through the artists tumblr

I read a lot of the popular comics that get posted here a lot.
But does anyone read The Sisters?
The creators shamelessly shilled it a while back and I've been reading it ever since. Its pretty good.
The art style is weird but very interesting.

>allie brosh
What happened to her?

Can't we set up a fundraiser for him? Seriously

I didn't know Abbadon posted here.

First comic best comic.

>Spinerette
Wow you have shit taste.

I tried to read that comic and man, it was a chore. The art was grotesque in ways that weren't intentional, just deficiencies of the artist, the whole comic feels like a "writer comic" like the dude who writes it would rather be doing TV or film writing but he can't get into Hollywood so he settled for a comic, the dialogue reads like the guy who wrote it brags about being good at dialogue in a Kevin Smith/Max Landis fashion, urban fantasy is such an overdone genre in general, and the body horror elements get zero reaction from me because the best body horror that has ever been done was in Evil Dead 2, which did it for comedic purposes, so all body horror done after that just feels like someone trying to be a knight after Don Quixote was first published.

>favorite webcomic artist?
For their work? Tracy J. Butler. As a person? Probably Ronnie Filyaw.

Favorite webcomics? Several, here's what I follow or have followed:

-Gunnerkrigg Court, urban fantasy
-Octopus Pie, slice of life
-Scurry, survival without humans
-Derelict, survival sci fii
-The Property of Hate, unconventional hero
-All John Allison's works: Scary Go Round, new Bobbins, Bad Machinery, Giant Days (original on web now in print)
-Kill Six Billion Demons, world building
-Christopher Baldwin's works in part, especially Space Trawler
-Mary Cagle's Let's Speak English
-The Bouletcorp, journal comic short form, different topic each update

Above probably in my favourites, below sometimes good sometimes mediocre or worse:

-Widdershins, pre-Victorian light magic
-Girls with Slingshots, fun characters, undemanding plot
-The Non-adventures of Wonderella, gag-a-week
-Oglaf, NSFW gag-a-week
-Ava's Demon, for the art but writing problematic, only for the hiatus-tolerant
-Monster Pulse, wasn't interested at first
-Dr McNinja, comedy
-Whomp, depression, more gag-a-day than story, has fun lore
-Mare Internum, sci-fi on Mars, variable art, I skipped all the boring initial text
-Gaia online, magic fantasy, not for all tastes
-Girl Genius, started well, lost me some years back, hoping it re-sparks my interest, off-putting art
-Blindsprings
-Jesus & Mo, criticism of religious dogma
-Wondermark,
-The End, scifi but plot's dragging

Ashley Cope is the best webcomic artist, no contest. She doesn't put out the same quality as Tracy Butler, but she's been updating her comic without a hitch for years, 3 days a week.

Rem from Devil's Candy is probably the most skilled, despite the anime style.

His art got soooooo good. It's uncanny when you look at the first page and the last.
Hell even the first page compared to the 200th page is an insane improvement. He's better than 80% of webcomic artists

Remember Tunnel 17!

West tree Academy of Heroes is obviously the best :^)

> genuinely funny comic that isn't nedroid
This is fucking excellent, thanks user.

Rice Boy, though the site has some other comics in the same setting. Cannot vouch for Vattu, as I'm waiting for it to finish up, but it's all top-notch stuff. Rice Boy is the first thing that always comes to my mind when someone asks about good webcomics:

rice-boy.com/

Digger is also excellent, a completed tale with an overarching mystery and an interesting setting that combines hindu mythology with talking wombats:

diggercomic.com/

Looking for a good ol' dungeoneering experience? Then you'll want The Clandestinauts! Demons, corrupt necromancers, slugmen and more!

www.timsievert.com/the-clandestinauts-vol-1/

Everything Oyvind Thorsby does. He's fucking incredible, some of the most bizarre, fleshed-out world-building I've ever seen and a ton of great jokes. Yes, the art is mspaint garbage, but it's seriously worth it. I recommend starting with Hitmen for Destiny:

comicfury.com/profile.php?username=Thorsby

'Forming' is an utterly insane combination of mythology, sci-fi and trippy gods, though it's still on-going and might be doing so for a while:

jessemoynihan.com/

Lastly check out everything here:

whatthingsdo.com/
studygroupcomics.com/

drewweing.com/comic/chapter-1-city-of-monsters/

I love the Creepy Casefiles of Margo Maloo. I'd say it's urban fantasy Spiderwick.

Dude it's weird when people type like advertisements

Yeah, I've been saying this for years. Tracy Butler is maybe better at art, and I definitely respect her adherence to historical accuracy.

But her writing is incredibly iffy. I stopped reading Lackadaisy years ago, and recently checked it out again. It doesn't seem like it has progressed a lot. One character still has a fresh wound I can remember him getting years ago, which is a pretty grim indicator.

Ashley Cope is really invested in her comic's plot and its pacing. Pacing is important. I really respect how she will post a bunch of pages at once, for instance, because they're part of the same action sequence.

Plainly put, when I read Unsounded, I get good (sometimes great) characters that I can invest some interest in, because I know that investment will pay off. They will do things and go places. The plot will move on. And to be perfectly frank, I don't even know what the plot of Lackadaisy is anymore.

Lackadaisy is the sort of comic you love to look at, but Unsounded is the sort you actually love to read.

It still has it's own website, been going (mostly) strong for a while now. They have their own personal patreon like thing so I have high hopes for it not just randomly ending some day.

I like Latchkey. It and Blasphemous Saga Fantasy do the whole quirky fantasy inspired by video games thing really good.

Even just considering the adherence to schedule, Ashley Cope is impeccable.

is boxer hockey still on hiatus?

I'll be more impressed if she can wrap up Unsounded well.

A new hyperbole and a half book is coming out in october!

He could also get quite creative at times.

>binged
fucking stop this, nobody uses bing

Is this purple kecleon?

Why is Purple Kecleon such a piece of shit?

im fairly sure the word he used was binge, as in to consume something en-mass, not as in the failed search engine.

I wouldn't know, I don't follow artist's personal lives
Exception being jasonafex because it was shoved down my throat

My favourite artist is by far KC Green - hugely talented, very funny, both very successful and hardly known at the same time.

My favourite comic is Achewood - not the funniest or the best illustrated, but has incredibly strong characterisation - more so than any other webcomic I've read.

No, actually, it doesn't. Believe it or not, not everyone's a pedophile.

Nandeno is alright. It mixes cuteness with vulgarity.

It Hurts!! is amazing. The author seems like a cool guy too.

You have extremely good taste.

those things are adorable
I want to raise them as my children

Achewood remains one of the best webcomics ever made

Well nuts. The /ss/ looked strong in that one.

pic related is a work of art

I really need to reread Achewood. Roast Beef has the best lines.

>this child could never process your salt game

the hell are you waiting for? Sup Forums's going to explode in a few days get in some fun.

>The folder the comic is in is out of order
Why

Why is Sup Forums going to explode?

:^y homestuck

What is homestuck

fucking nothing

This one is pretty funny if you're a Star Trek nerd

Guilded Age is pretty good. Not as standard fantasy as I expected thanks to political stuff.

Evil Diva, in the beginning anyways. I miss the original artist and the direction they took the comic made me stop reading it. Otherwise my favorite is Morbi, loved the Mischief Makers reference during the dragon fight.

To be fair he gets beat up quite a bit too.

>but he's incredibly self aware and has an amazingly expressive arstyle
>le self loathing "life is a buff guy beating me up" humor
No

In the show?
Yeah, DS9 was pretty much "Fuck O'Brien: The TV Show"

But it's funny

He adds in some pages later to try and fill some gaps.

Use the links in the descriptions instead of using the arrow keys. They're in order then.

I actually do agree but it's just so repetitive

Powernap?

patrician tastes my friend.

I used to talk to Chris Onstad every once in a while, we are both food writers and his comic shaped my voice greatly.

He makes good money on Patreon.

I- I shouldn't fap to this. I shouldn't...

What would your father think?
A normal girl, sure, but a child?