Hey Sup Forums, did I get pranked?

Hey Sup Forums, did I get pranked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUq-3DcXDfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was literally written to be a bunch of loosely connected short stories

I understood it. watched it on 3x speed without audio or subtitles Lynch is all about the visuals. Just open your mind to his glory.

Don't think of Lynch films as a cohesive plot. Imagine them as a loosely connected fever dream vignettes that contain lots of disturbing psychological undertones/subtext

If you want to see Lynch tell cohesive stories, watch Twin Peaks

I'm going to write a book where each paragraph will be only vaguely related to the last and be praised as a literary genius, a Lynch of the literature world

It'll only work if you've already got an established base of autistic fans, layman and critic alike that will suck you off regardless of what you do or say.

umm, sweetie, you're late to the party

you've obviously never seen the vast majority of Lynch's films then, or you're too stupid to get them.

>He hasn't seen Blue Velvet

>in this episode of Twin Peaks Cooper shits into a bucket, peers inside of the bucket and to his surprise he doesn't see his poop but his reflection - but his reflection is eating a banana. Suddenly in Coopers hand appears a coconut.

WOW BRAVO LYNCH WHAT A CINEMATIC GENIUS, THIS SCENE MADE ME CRY ;(

>implying

greatest piece of art of the 21st century.

Explain it then instead of just saying "hurr you don't get it"

You can't can you?

actually, I think you have to be a dense fuck to pretend to understand Lynch, theres no universel truth in his work, you just gotta embrace the enigma. The same thing as watching a Magritte or Dali painting.

lmao it's not like Blue Velvet is hard to understand my man. It's a linear, straightforward film with obvious themes.

i was talking 'bout Inland

>Lynch is all about the visuals
What. Then tell me why he does all sound design himself? I like your enthusiasm towards Lynch, but it certainly isn't all about visuals.

Same with the Elephant Man and Dune, unless you've conveniently left them out?
Why say 'Lynch' and not Inland then?

cause I can think of other films in the same vein... Eraserhead for a start.

The amateur look of the movie makes me so uncomfortable

I didn't say that audio's not important. I just think he's way more autistic with visuals and they're the key to understandig his artworks.

youtube.com/watch?v=KUq-3DcXDfw

I know that some of his films are impossible to understand, but my point is that most of them aren't. They have clear and cohesive narratives with obvious themes.

This meme about Lynch being hard to understand and needlessly obtuse has only come about because of episode 8 of Twin Peaks - when actually, if you are familiar with the story, it's not that hard to understand.

Inland Empire is an outlier desu.

Sarah Palmer shows up at the beggining and she really sounds like polish person speaking english. Damn good acting if you ask me.

you got a point mate.

>I've never heard of Burroughs
Illiterate fucking pleb. Stop posting. You have the opinions of cold diarrhea.

Agree to disagree. I think every aspect of his work is brilliant. Sound design of TP3 alone is goddamn masterful(, as are the visuals). Are you watching the new season user?

>spoonfeed me plox
No.

>This meme about Lynch being hard to understand and needlessly obtuse has only come about because of episode 8 of Twin Peaks

No. I've seen some spoilers but waiting till September so it all will crush on my head at once.

Did you watch the whole thing? Then yes.

Are you watching Twin Peaks: The Return? You're getting pranked again.

Oh. It fucking will.

Kudos to your willpower.

So you cant explain it then. Good to know

id love to hear you make sens out of it, I bet you can explain Neil Breen movies too ?

>sweetie
G@y

I thought it was great. I didn't fully understand it, but it was terrifying.

It seems like you're equating some of his works (Mulholland Dr, Inland Empire) to his entire filmography. Many of his films and the vast majority of Twin Peaks tell normal stories with a beginning, middle, and end, and a clear progression within them.