Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner Storytime!

Greetings, Sup Forumsmrades! I had a realization a few days ago that there are a TON of bird-related comic characters. So tonight, we're going to kick off the first of many storytimes involving our fine, feathered friends and foes. There will be good (Dark Phoenix Saga), there will be bad (Hawk and Dove), and at some point, there WILL be Howard the Duck. Kicking it off, with a random selection based on the last number of this post, we have...

Hawk and Dove. Well, I did promise some stinkers.

>Can't all be winners.

The slogan of the New 52.

Is Hawk really popular enough to have a mirror version of himself? Usually it's only the A-listers who get that kind of treatment - Superman and Bizarro, Green Lantern and Sinestro, Flash and Reverse-Flash, Wonder Woman and Negative Wonder Woman... I mean, you don't see Hawkeye or Ms. Marvel dealing with evil versions of themselves.

Someone really should add that to the power set. I mean, flight IS kind of implied in the name.

Good thing she has a dead boyfriend for calling out warnings, it's not like that list of powers two pages ago included a danger sense.

There is a distinct lack of background here, Rob. Did you use it all up on the last page?

Well, we have badly filtered photos of famous paintings for background here, so... progress?

And we're back to solid colors and power effects for backgrounds.

Up next: Hawk beats on octogenarians!

Anybody reading, or was Hawk and Dove enough to scare off everyone?

What the hell is up with Dove's hair, here?

>Some judge named Hall pulled some major strings

Ah, nepotism. Also, this guy attacked the President, and he's being held in a DC police precinct?

You know, the police are gonna have to pay for that desk, Hank.

>My watch says

What watch?

>Can't breathe
>Mouth and nose clearly visible

"He got us into fights, which I TOTALLY hate now, so maybe we could just slack off on this one and let him die?"

Just... wat.

>You're gonna OWE me...

For doing your job as a superhero?

And the backgrounds have checked out again. War Realms, home of the gradient skies.

We couldn't have made her powers look a little less like the Care Bear Stare?

>"I love Deadman SO MUCH! We WILL save him!"
>"lol k, thx, bye dove"