Yfw this image triggers Sup Forums

>yfw this image triggers Sup Forums

I dunno, Tower of Babel wasn't that bad. It's just been kind of overblown over the years.

It trigger casuals. That story isnt even popular among Batfags, since Ra's is shit on it and the plans lack that Batman crazyness batfags like, but casuals that don't know about the bat-shark repelent think that is the origin of prep-time batman.

Pretty much casuals that lost an argument in a casual bait vs thread get triggered by a fun but pretty bad Waid comic.

they gave bats too much prep time

Why, Batman is once again late so while everyone was dying he was listening Audible in the Batplane

Batman won't participate in naptime. He'll never make it past Kindergarten.

>tfw casuals will defend this as proof of Batgod

This
the fact you confuse batgod with prep-time batman says a lot about who is the casual.

I'd like to see someone like Morrison do a meta-story about Batman's "popularity power," the fact that he whenever he's around people with actual powers, his intelligence and preparedness are inflated to almost god-like levels to keep him from looking ridiculous.

Best comic story of all time just for that one Batman face.

You know the one I'm talking about.

No batgod was born with a note reading "I know"

Why do people get so triggered by Batman beating superheroes?

Batman defeating super powered foes is just like the humans in sci fi movies who come together and defeat the aliens despite being vastly outmatched. Its supposed to illustrate the indomitable human spirit and in general people like to see the humans win.

I find it silly cos batman can dismantle the justice league, beat superman one on one, stand up to darkseid, and take on a troupe of white Martians...but killer croc can still get the drop on him. Its kinda weird how different batmans capabilities are in the comics as opposes to jla. I honestly only enjoy reading him in street level stuff.

Every hero has inconsistencies across interpretations you can't not except that.

Also what's wrong with the idea that even the best of humanity can still be caught off guard sometimes or make a mistake?

Mark Waid should be forced to stay far away from anyone in the Batman mythos.

Or anyone besides Superman really.

Batman's rogues are great but they hold him back, making him "weak" when standing next to someone like Superman or Flash.

Imagine how boring Batman stories would get if he built an Iron-Man suit and went around Gotham beating everyone up.

Maybe i'm saying it wrong but what makes Batman great is how human he is, but next to superpowered people he feels useless so the writers are forced to make him important, sometimes in ways that don't make sense.

>what makes Batman great is how human he is

Yeah I like seeing stories where he's driven to a near breaking point. So a lot of the mid to late 80's stuff like The Cult

I like batman getting caught off guard. His fallibility and struggle in solo books is something I enjoy about them. I never feel I get that In jla stuff. He's just this infallible master tactition/ninja and I personally never find it interesting.
Also guys like flash aquaman And wonder woman still function relatively the same in solo and team books. The difference with batman is far more startling than with any other. It's clear he's there because he's popular. So they juice his ability up so he can run alongside guys he might otherwise look out of his league beside. I get it's purpose. I just don't care for it.

I'd rather see batmans mind on he verge of shattering from bane pushing him to his limits and wearing him down in knightfall rather than batgod outwilling a machine designed to crush human minds commanded by an alien overlord of an advanced species who's whole thing is crushing wills like in final crisis.

It's the classic rogues gallery issue.

Flash can shatter planets with his dick, but gets his ass handed to him by street tier mooks.

On the day to day level, street tier is generally far more workable, but at the same time power creep is the only way for famous heroes to maintain supremacy in an ever expanding multiverse.

> power creep is the only way for famous heroes to maintain supremacy in an ever expanding multiverse.

I don't agree at all. I think this issue is mainly a dc and in particular a justice league one. He'll I'll go so far as to say the multiverse got shit to do with power creep. Its superman.

Seriously the likes of say spiderman wolverine captain America and Thor don't vastly increase whenever they're doin avengers shit. They're mostly the same. But then again none of them need to look useful while standing next to superman.

JL-level threats ALWAYS underestimate Batman. There's nothing ridiculous about beating white martians with fire. Or Superman with kryptonite, or Darkseid with an anti-god chrono-bullet.

It's not like he uses some kind of never-before-mentioned martial arts supermoves to take down metas, or beats them by getting angry and punching really hard or something like Spider-Man, he exploits weaknesses that have already been noted. It's what he does, being incredibly clever, tenacious and prepared are his superpowers and it's ridiculously potent, even dealing with god-level threats that will usually be focused on high-level metas like Superman.

>There's nothing ridiculous about beating Darkseid by shooting him with an anti-god chrono-bullet.

Whew.

What really bothers me is Batman fighting Superman 1v1 when Superman is mind controlled or some shit.

If Superman lets loose even a little bit Batman would have no fucking bones.

There's literally nothing ridiculous about it at all in the context of the story.

The explanation is always that Superman, even while mind-controlled, is too good of a person to simply speed-blitz a human.

Why do people get mad at Batgod when that literally is what is he is supposed to be? Final Crisis defined that

Why do people always mix up story issues with in universe logic? Yeah I get you can explain why batman manages to do all this shit the guys who move at light speed around him all fail to. But my point is his character isn't compelling to me in the slightest in those situations. That guy who figured out the white Martians shit, infiltrated their base, took them out with fire, and freed the jla without a hitch just doesn't jive with a dude tormented by a riddler scheme.

How the fuck are you drawing up an analogue between an infiltration mission and the riddles of a madman? Scale does not dictate difficulty.

huh...this could work. Maybe have him wreck shit with Superman then have him get surprised and beaten up my muggers when he is patrolling the streets with Bat Cow.

My only complaint is that 90% of Morrison is "meta" and I would like him to stop.

Sorta. The seeds were planted with TDKR. I still remember being a kid and my friends would use that comic to explain why Superman was weak. They disregarded the nuke, the no sunlight, the arrow, and Supes not wanting to hurt Bruce.

But yeah...White Martians were shit.

>Supes not wanting to hurt Bruce.

Batman fanboys (i.e. people who never read the comic, but love to post pages of it online) always seem fucking oblivious to this. All they see is a fist fight and all they care about is who "wins." The actual point of the fight in the story goes up, up, and away over their heads

Okay I'm dealing with a fucking spaz who can't get his head out of the ass of 'but there's a logical in universe explanation for that' when I'm fucking talking about how it's silly storytelling to have the guy who has to struggle with a crazy riddle obsessed crooks plot but can effortlessly dismantle the operation of an advanced alien invasion force without a fraction of the struggle he puts up when doing regular stree level shit.

When the martians have been shown to be able to move as fast as the Flash, and Prepman DROPS a match? Yeah, it is ridiculous. The should have ran over to his hand, blown out the match, then finger-fucked his butthole.

So you take issue with characters being surprised, shocked, hesitant, etc.? They thought they were invincible, circling their prey, and boom, he busts out the match and in the split second they gasp they get lit up.

Shock is cool.

But put a match in your pocket. Now pull it out while talking shit, light one, then drop it. I bet it takes a few seconds.

It would take less then half a second for them to do something about it.

No you're just incompetent as a reader. When, as you so eloquently put it, he deals with crazy riddle obsessed crooks he is the sole recipient of their attention usually. They have experienced his ways, watched him and know how he works. Riddler is also very smart in his own right.

When dealing with something like the martians, he is barely a speck on their radar. He's able to glide in unnoticed like a ninja (almost as if he had been trained in the ways of a ninja for years) and exploit a very, very powerful weakness. And yeah, he got lucky, you'll notice that happens quite a bit in comics.

There is no comparison to be made. EVEN IF THERE WAS, taking issue with writers finding a way to make Batman useful is one of the most petty, childish complaints I can think of.

The room was full of gas, the air heated up instantly.

Yet again you explain this bullshit as if I am talking about the In universe logic when I'm speaking from a storytelling perspective. Also they shouldn't need to find ways to make batman useful...if he isn't naturally useful without them having him become perfect in every action he takes he shouldn't be on the fucking team.
You know who would make no sense as an avenger. A street level martial arts and gadget fighter obsessed with fighting to protect and clean up the city that raised him. And guess what...thats why daredevil isn't an avenger.

The only reason bats is in the jla is his popularity.

>Imagine how boring Batman stories would get if he built an Iron-Man suit and went around Gotham beating everyone up.

But that's Batman Beyond and Batman Beyond is great.

He's on the team because he's smart, resourceful, decisive, experienced, works well with Superman, and is an accomplished investigator with great instincts. He's very familiar with the art of war and is a good and quick-minded strategist, which is very important considering the JL often deal with unexpected situations. A lot of people value his input and have no question that he is a hero worth emulating.

It doesn't take him being a super-genius to be useful.

Captain America to some extent. His solo stuff is usually at a far lower power level than his Avengers stuff. Thor has the same problem as the Flash in that he usually gets nerfed to hell in Avengers stories. Wolverine has had decades of power creep.

The White Martian thing is bad because it doesn't make Batman look capable, it makes the White Martians look retarded. Why would a bunch of telepathic aliens with supersenses dig through the fuel soaked wreckage of plane to begin with? Why would those same aliens, who have a weakness to fire, stand in the middle of a puddle of fuel? Why would they allow Batman to toss a one liner and a match when they're faster than him and can use their Martian vision to kill him at a glance? Why would they stand in the middle of a fire huddled together instead of moving away?

You just described Hawkman.

Batman would fit a lot better if JL writers were willing to put him as supporting cast depending on the story.

I'm going to throw out a really radical idea for everyone mentioning that its dumb that Batman can beat Justice League tier threats but his own villains still get the jump on him.

Having you ever considered that perhaps some of Batman's villains are actually super duper powerful? If you can accept that Batman, a human without superpowers can defeat superpowered opponents, then why can't you also accept that other humans can beat a human?

Maybe the Joker would wreck Green Lantern's shit. Maybe Bane would break Superman's back. Maybe Riddler would defeat the Flash.

Batman could just have more powerful villains than most other members of the Justice League even though they don't seem as powerful because they're normal humans. Maybe that's the point of Batman and his villains, that the human spirit for good or ill can't be stopped.

Holy jesus fuck you simpleton

>Why would a bunch of telepathic aliens with supersenses dig through the fuel soaked wreckage of plane to begin with?

They never showed the capability to locate people remotely through telepathy. They found him as soon as they started looking though. Also, they wanted to physically punish him.

>Why would those same aliens, who have a weakness to fire, stand in the middle of a puddle of fuel?

Because they were focused on Batman and angry, and didn't notice the ring of gasoline. One of them smelled it, but couldn't quite put their tongue on what exactly it was. The thought of it wasn't even in their minds probably.

>Why would they allow Batman to toss a one liner and a match when they're faster than him and can use their Martian vision to kill him at a glance?

Because, as they said 1000 fucking time, HE'S JUST A HUMAN, they wanted to play with him and hurt him before finally killing him. They didn't take him seriously at all. And then the sight of fire instilled fear in them.

>Why would they stand in the middle of a fire huddled together instead of moving away?

Because they were fucking scared? Because villains aren't always logical? Batman caught a lucky break?

>You just described Hawkman

Hawkman is a warrior first. When he puts on the helmet he's basically a barbarian. Yeah he's a fucking badass, but he's quick-tempered, unlike Batman who is cool-headed.

Maybe you should take your problems up with Grant Morrison who wrote the fucking story. Shoot him a letter or something, I'm sure you know better than he does.

Is this pre-orgy or post-orgy?

So they're telepathic aliens that can't read minds, don't understand that vehicles need fuel to move, and shutdown mentally at the slightest adversity? And he beat one of them without using fire apparently. There are far better ways to show Batman being ingenious and determined than having him punk half the villains of your arc Roman Reigns-style. Hide some explosives, fire a pair of missiles before you crash and have them circling until your command, anything but a dramatic pose, cheesy one-liner, and your villains being retards.

And it's pretty obvious you haven't read much Hawkman if you believe that.

I just want to take the time to state how hilarious it is that this is the kind of shit in comic books you take issue with. Also, your snarky little Hawkman comment would go well with some proof, because I assure you I've read plenty, don't act like you know shit. As to why he wasn't on the team, it's because he's historically NOT a member of the JLA, instead the JSA, and he was fucking dead when Morrison's JLA started. It'd be years before he came back. Also he's simply not as smart or capable of toolbox-utility like Batman is. Honestly I'm not even sure why you name-dropped Hawkman in the first place.

>So they're telepathic aliens that can't read minds

When did they ever show the capability to predict the other heroes' next move? That's right, they didn't. Sure they can concentrate in front of someone and read their mind, but they didn't, they were just going to kill him. Because, and Morrison makes this VERY clear, they underestimated him because he's just human.

>don't understand that vehicles need fuel to move

What the fuck does this even mean

>shutdown mentally at the slightest adversity

Pyrophobia is very much a real characteristic of every single white martian, however I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

>There are far better ways to show Batman being ingenious and determined than having him punk half the villains of your arc Roman Reigns-style. Hide some explosives, fire a pair of missiles before you crash and have them circling until your command, anything but a dramatic pose, cheesy one-liner, and your villains being retards.

He lured them into a trap he prepared and exploited their pride, their underestimation of him, and their vulnerability to fire. How the fuck is that not good enough for you?

I'm starting to think you are genuinely autistic. You're just saying the same shit over and over again. Do you have an emotional connection to those white martians or something?

he probably is one and is butthurt that his friends got beat up.

>up, up, and away over their heads
ha, i liked that user

Try going back and watching it.

>Maybe the Joker would wreck Green Lantern's shit. Maybe Bane would break Superman's back. Maybe Riddler would defeat the Flash.

If any of this happened it'd be plot induced stupidity except for maybe Joker and Hal as Hal is mentally retarded. Supes is incredibly intelligent as is Flash.

>Fucking assholes, they didn't invite me to the sleep over. I'm going to put everyone's hands in a bowl filled with warm water.

>>this image triggers Sup Forums

Is it because all the others are asleep except Batman, even though bats are supposed to sleep during the day?

>peak human character
>infinite money and a supercomputer that solves everything
>trained in all martial arts known and unknown to man
>has an alterego that automatically assumes control if he ever gets mind controlled
>always 5 steps ahead of everyone and has everybody's info because he's the worlds greatest detective
>dodges the undodgeable
>didnt die when hit by a sure kill laser
>kills gods like he fucks your mom
>would kill his godlike bestfriend if he needs to
All that and he gets outpunched by a lankey clown

Why hasnt anyone made a batman edit of that blackedgenthe hedgehog gaia image

>what makes Batman great is how human he is,
so not at all? Stronger than humanly possible, smarter than humanly possible, doesn't need to sleep, doesn't tire, superhuman capabilities all around "thanks to training" , can beat gods, can efeat gos with his intelligence and preparednes, even though those gods should be many times more intelligent than is possible for a human and have access to incredible technology or magic.
But he's so human.
batman is shit

Try reading the entire sentence, faggot.
>but next to superpowered people he feels useless so the writers are forced to make him important, sometimes in ways that don't make sense.

He's saying Batman is best when he beats up guys he could plausibly actually beat up.

Batman got his ass whooped by Darkseid and won by either bluffing to blow up Apokalips or shooting him with a god-killing bullet that Darkseid had used previously (or in the future, whatever way you want to call it).

Superman can beat Darkseid down but Batman has to break his morals just to slow the evil god down.

that's the wrong pic user

>I was just out for cigarettes. What happened?

>Batman is cranky cause everyone took the best spots for naptime

>Superman: "Hey team let's play Charades!"
>Superman: Batman! You get to guess who we are first
>Batman: "Two words first starting with..D"
>Batman: "Fuck you guys"

Do you all remember when Scott Snyder tryed to recreate this?

>when he beats up guys he could plausibly actually beat up.
so never
>Stronger than humanly possible, smarter than humanly possible, doesn't need to sleep, doesn't tire, superhuman capabilities all around "thanks to training"

all of these apply to batman in his normal street level state

kek

That's the cover of JLA volume 3. Grant Morrison and Mark Waid. It's fucking great, what the fuck are you on about?

>doesn't need sleep
Yeah, I really wish DC would get Frank Quitley to draw a 6 part mini-series of Batman sleeping, no dreaming or anything, just Bruce tossing in his bed for 32 pages. It just feels more realistic that way.

what do you mean? Batman has trained himself so that he doesn't need to sleep, or just sleep very little, that's why hes' all night fighting crime and all day doing stuff.

They should also do a one shot of Superman taking a shit. I mean, I assume he never does, so it should really be assessed.

I'm thinking it starts off with him eating some Mexican food for about 6 pages, then have the other 74 pages him trying to get it out of his Kryptonian system. (it should definitely be one of those 80 page giants, I mean, he is taking a crap right?)

It's something Marvel is generally much better at. They aren't afraid to show their lower powered characters getting their shit shoved in by the big boys. But then, Marvel is a bigger playhouse in general, wheras DC always feels very mythological in how it lays things out.

are yo stupid or just acting?
the problem is not that it's not shown. The problem is that he's capable of things that humans can't do, and yet some people say that he's relatable because he's human.

I only read it the other day and thought it was pretty great
plus its got the face