Why doesn't Australia like nuclear power?

>Australia
>has 1/3rd the world's uranium, the largest known reserves in the world
>doesn't have a single functioning nuclear power facility on the entire continent
>77% of Australia's power comes from coal, despite the fact they have more uranium than coal and that coal burning makes up nearly half nearly their greenhouse gases

Australia has much more to gain from adopting nuclear energy than staying away from it, so what's going on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

econ.yale.edu/~nordhaus/homepage/documents/SLR_Ng_second.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It has the term 'nuclear' it. Being the pussies that Aussies are, they reject it comprehensively.

Indoctrination.
They are taught im schools that nuclear anything is bad.
Of course theyll still sell the uranium they got

Preservation.

We have 33% of the world's untapped uranium and thorium, eventually fossil fuels will become obsolete against nuclear fuels, but in the meantime using up fossil fuels isn't a bad idea considering the technology is much more mature than atomic technology.

When atomic technology is much more mature, it's likely Australia will have a few nuclear power plants (besides the singular plant for making radio isotopes for medical reasons), but until then you'll actually see Australia shift to gas from coal, which is quite a bit more environmentally conscious.

Lastly, the end goal of Australia is to have essential exports in our back pocket. When the world thirsts for uranium and the minerals we once sold are no longer valuable, we'll sell uranium. Slowly. Conserving as much economic worth from it as possible. When you see us partnering with Kazakhstan and Canada, you know it's happening. We'll be leading the atomic power OPEC equivalent.

And now you just realised Australia is the future super power.

Mad Max fucked them up on it.

The Greens Party are the worst thing to happen to Australian politics

I thought the average Aussie home could run off of solar power?

>and that coal burning makes up nearly half nearly their greenhouse gases
Just stop fucking niggers so much then.

Because people think every nuclear plant ends up like Chernobyl or Fukushima.
Because people think every nuclear plant dumps their waste into a lake and you end up with 3 eyed fish like the simpsons.
Because people think nuclear is a bad word.

>t. person playing Supreme Leader 2020 as Australia

You have to be the dumbest cunt in world history.

Using nuclear power wouldn't mean using up our uranium. And we've essentially fucking banned the mining of uranium anyway, by the time we repeal the ban the world will be using thorium.

it is unfair that people like you are allowed to steal my fucking precious air.

Look how big the Australian deserts are. I wonder how many solar farms you could put in that gigantic space.

Britain hasn't told them to do it

Nuclear plants are very expensive and so is the power they make.

All the macho posturing about nuclear ignores that.

Coal is cheap because its environmental cost is not taken into full account.

>I wonder how many solar farms you could put in that gigantic space.
How are you going to clean the panels? That takes water.

Who is going to repair them when a spider or emu decides to make a nest there?

this

I remember in primary school my teacher said all the bad things thats happened from nuclear power and asked the class to put their hand up if they think it would be good to have here, Being like 9 years old or whatever everyone keeps their hand down BUT ME, Being the red pilled little cunt i was and i was forced to explain why i think it's good and im like I just think it's cool lmao

By the time we'd be able to roll all of those out, we'll probably have advanced robotics powered by Google neural networks capable of automating the process, from constructing the irrigation pipeline systems necessary to distribute the water, to performing the cleaning and repairs.

Mfw Aussies are literally coal burners

The coalition is bought and paid for by coal companies and everyone is is literally 'muh Chernobyl' tier retarded. Australia is absolutely pathetic with how much potential it has to be great but our leaders wont allow it. If Parliament wasn't in the middle of nowhere (they actually built a fort in the middle of nowhere to 'please' both Melbourne and Sydney but it's becoming more obvious to me that it was done so to stop revolutions) something would have been done by now.

What happens when a jellyfish or a tasmanian devil decide to eat the robot?

It is very cool.

Because nations only build expensive nuclear reactors to create weapons, you can boil water pretty easily with other methods. We also happen to have mountain ranges of coal to burn first.

Those little pests won't survive the terminator class.

Tons of cunts have solar now cause the fucking electricity prices are huge. Im payin like 700 a quarter, and i have solar hot water. As far as coal, we are years behind other countrys in every way. It has its good points though.

Friendly reminder that if Howard and Switkowski had got their way Australia would be commissioning a nuke plant this year.

Remember this next time some retarded says we need clean power now.

>muh coal companies durrrr

kill yourself commie

>we'll probably have advanced robotics powered by Google neural networks capable of automating the process, from constructing the irrigation pipeline systems necessary to distribute the water

Yeah... pumping water into vast deserts

sounds efficient

>It has its good points though

not really

coal is chock full of toxic shit like mercury

You can thank The Greens for that. They've waged a very effective campaign against nuclear power for decades.

Probably because they know full well they'd be rendered irrelevant if nuclear power became the norm.

Do you even know the number of megatonnes of CO2 humans send into the atmosphere every year? Do you even realize that half of Australia's CO2 emissions only exist because we continue to support an industry that only makes up 4% of our GDP? Do you realize that every costal city on the planet is going to need sea walls in order to continue to exist by the end of the century?

CO2 is plant food, you Jewish puppet.

>muh armageddon

No. You stupid fucking cunt.

/thread

>Do you realize that every costal city on the planet is going to need sea walls in order to continue to exist by the end of the century?
Source?

econ.yale.edu/~nordhaus/homepage/documents/SLR_Ng_second.pdf

When the plants get it, yes, otherwise it ends up in the atmosphere. Co2 absorbs certain wavelengths of light, the specific wavelengths that water molecules don't absorb. It acts as a plug to the otherwise cold spot of light leaving the planet. When it is hit with these wavelengths it vibrates. Vibration causes heat and it radiates this heat to the other atoms in the sky. That's why if there are more of these atoms vibrating then you will see higher temperatures on average.

Because colliers dump tons of money into the two major parties. Follow the fuckin' money m8

derp derp derp derp

kill yourself you stupid communist faggot

Also, your claim that Australia lacks a nuclear power reactor is wrong because I built one to see if I could. (It's surprisingly easy, though I think I ended up losing energy overall from refining the yellowcake).

The fact that I care about this country's future makes me more nationalist than you.

I ain't gonna eat, I ain't gonna sleep
Ain't gonna breathe, 'til I see what I wanna see
And what I wanna see, is you go to sleep in the dirt
Permanently, you just being hurt
This ain't gonna work for me
It just wouldn't be, sufficient enough
Cause we, are just gonna be, enemies
As long as we breathe, I don't ever see, either of us
Coming to terms, where we can agree
There ain't gonna be, no reasoning, speaking wit me
You speak on my seed, then me, no speak-a ingles
So we gonna beef, and keep on beefing, unless
You're gonna agree, to meet with me in the flesh
And settle this face to face, and you're gonna see
A demon unleashed in me, that you've never seen
And you're gonna see, this gangster pee on himself
I see you D12, and thanks, but me need no help
Me do this one all by my lonely
I don't need fifteen of my homies
When I see you, I'm seeing you, me and you only
We never met, but best believe you gon' know me
When I'm this close, to see you exposed as phony
Come on bitch, show me, pick me up, throw me
Lift me up, hold me, just like you told me
You was gonna do, that's what I thought, you're pitiful
I'm rid of you, all of you, Ja, you'll get it too!

Now go to sleep bitch
Die, motherfucker, die
Ugh, time's up, bitch, close ya eyes
Go to sleep, bitch (what)
Why are you still alive
How many times I gotta say, close ya eyes
And go to sleep bitch (what)
Die motherfucker die, bye, bye, motherfucker, bye, bye
Go to sleep bitch (what)
Why are you still alive
Why, die motherfucker, ah, ah, ah
Go to sleep bitch

You're the reason everyone thinks Sup Forums is satire.

I would rather us burn all the shithouse coal than waste even more valuable nuclear resources

I bet if they broke that poll down by gender, men would support it in the majority. Women must be like 80% oppose though. Fucking cunts always ruining everything.

> muh ebil dangerrr
woman hate taking risks

>woman hate taking risks

or maybe they hate spending a lot more money on nuclear plants and the cost of the power

it's funny that nuclear power is being messaged into a "manly" thing

while coal releases toxic mercury that will definitely kill you if you ingest enough polluted swordfish

didnt you just have a war against the emos?
if done correctly there shouldnt be any wild emos left, only domesticated emos

The great emu war ended quite a while ago, we're actually in a war against carp now, since we lost the emu war we figured we should pick something easier but we didn't want it to easy so we're using herpies to kill them.

unfortunately this is correct

I am 100% behind the idea that we should be using nuclear power. It is the best option for us.

Yeah. It fucking sucks. Idiots would rather wind over nuclear cause of fear mongering.

Isn't emu land like 98% desert/ literally no one?
Can't you put a nuke reactor there?
Even on a full meltdown, no one is there to evacuate

We used to have a hole in the ozone layer above us. Our green houses gasses has helped plug the hole. Coal is the way.

Nuclear still needs a little more time to mature. Its still expensive. Maybe in a decade, we will probably start building Nuclear powerplants. Anyway within a decade, solar would be competitive with coal and gas. Australia pays a shit ton for electricty because of utility costs (mainly maintenance) since Australia is such a huge continent and is sparsely populated and our electrical infrastructure is expensive to maintain. The more we decentralize the grid, the better. Solar is the way to go. And with lithium air batteries, Solar would be more than competitive than coal. Nuclear will just empower the electrical Jew, and we would be paying even more for electricity.

Why do you need a nuclear power plant when you have plenty of renewable energy. Every cunt should have a mandatory solar panel strapped to their foreheads.

Who's going to maintain the lithium batteries for the solar plants in those dispersed communities then? The abbos?

And for large cities, there's no reason to not use nuclear in Australia. You could do a thing or two about youth underemployment with more mining jobs to harvest the uranium to sell domestically.

Dumb cunts like you don't realize that the sun doesn't always shine, nor does the wind always blow. When every cunt wants to have an iphone, laptop, A/C, refrigerator, etc. renewables don't provide the necessary baseload power.

dumb cunts like you don't even have solar yet you think you know it all.