What in the fucking fuck did I just read

What in the fucking fuck did I just read

Husbando material?

A man wishing he could tell his teenage self to not be such a cunt

I would guess Flex Mentallo but maybe you're tricking me. I'm going to guess Rover Red Charlie.

Flex Mentallo

If the image you selected is accurate, it appears to be Flex Mentallo: Man of Muscle Mystery. It's on the cover.

So is this Morrison at his most unrestrained or has he gotten more off the rails before?

The Invisibles is fucking bonkers.

/fit/ motivation

>not having gains powerful enough to alter the shape of government buildings and have a visible aura

Going off the rails, how? Escalating crazy concepts that are cool, or making no sense and coming off as pretentious gibberish?

Most of his stuff is the first one. Inivisibles is perfect for how much he keeps digging, I enjoyed it immensely.
The second describes like a third of his Doom Patrol, and nobody really discusses it much. The rest of his DP run is still good, don't get me wrong.

A guy considering suicide until he realized "fuck, I like comic books too much"

>this nigga didn't even gamble a stamp
shaking my head indeed, family

Post Dark Age reconstruction. Moore wrote Supreme, Morrison wrote this.

>So is this Morrison at his most unrestrained
Fuck no, that would be shit like Filth or Nameless.

Looks like you have to do is get out of the house and meet some girls.

>*all you have to do
sorry im half asleep

I dunno, it seemed pretty straight forward, except that I'm not sure what was happening at the very end.

The Filth seemed weak.

You need to read The Filth all in one go to really see what's going on with it, where the pieces fit. It was phenomenal once it all clicked, but I'll be honest I was very confused until like the last issue or two.

A pretty awesome comic book.

HERO OF THE BEACH

It's a Muscle Mystery.

I did read it all together, and thinking back it seems like Morrison was throwing off some of his tropes, in a way.
Guy just wants to sit at home and pet his cat, but shit has to get all deep on him.

A good comic, is what.

Gosh, what a build!

top kek user

more just fapbait

Man has a mental breakdown and avoids suicide due to the heroic meme dharma of needing to save

>I'll be right there if you need me

At the end of the Invisibles Jack Frost realizes his full Buddha potential. He "eats" the Archons, because you cannot delete the horribleness. To neutralize it, you have to accept it, not just with your brain, but with your gut and heart. You have to accept the bad parts as much as the good. It's transcendence.

The Filth is the Anti-Invisibles. It deals with the exact same concepts as The Invisibles, but from a negative viewpoint. The Hand does the exact opposite of what The Invisibles do. The identities of agents are in bottles. When in The Invisibles fluid identity is seen as a sort of freedom, in The Filth it is seen as loss of control (the other Greg Feely, neglecting the cat etc.). You have strict hierarchy instead of flat hierarchy etc.

Basically, The Filth is a nihilistic Invisibles. Morrison even said so in Supergods, the world didn't change for the better, so he just sort of lost hope for a bit (also his cat died which is always good for Morrison stories).

If Morrison looks back on that era now (early 2000), I don't think he'll feel proud of the sort of stories he wrote which really reeked of unnecessary grimness and nihilism. I get that Filth maybe a very personal story but it's not particularly a great one.

Deep stuff.

Apparently I should read more of that stuff.

I only got introduced to comics on this site, in my part of europe its not that big.

Any recommendations about Morrison / Moor stuff?

I do own some hellboy books and enjoyed the old Hellraiser stuff storytimed here.

Morrison - almost everything is worth a try. From Zenith to His capeshit to his indie to his current stint on Heavy Metal. Start with Arkham Asylum, Animal Man and Doom Patrol.

Moore - His earlier stuff is pure gold. Miracleman, V for Vendetta, everything he wrote for DC, From Hell and Supreme.

He was so based in Doom Patrol. I need to check this out.

Thanks.

Did he reference the twist from Doom Patrol?

Morrison's existence is one long endless precession of dying cats.

I seem to recall so yeah.
I think the self-insert NEET normie is the kid who wrote My Greenest Adventure. Or an Alt-U version of him. Might be misremembering.

while we're all still here -

is it worth continuing doom patrol after morrison left? the rest of that volume was continued by some lady

is it worth it, or does it not live up to the morrison goodness? I mean Case is still on it which is good, he's the definitive look of doom patrol at least

It's still pretty bizarre but if you don't like Dorothy you shouldn't bother.

she was just having periods and creted this Candlemaker maniac? How can they even focus about her? I should pass I guess.

And is there any good Doom Patrol comics or I should just wait for Gerard's ongoing? I only read Morrison run and it was fantastic