MMMM - Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine Storytime

Greetings, Merry Mouseketeers and welcome to Disney After Dark! Tonight we're storytiming volume 1 of MMMM.

>What is MMMM?
MM - Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine is an Italian comic, published by Disney Italy from May 1999 to March 2001, about Mickey Mouse and his investigation in the city of Anderville.

The series, a noir story starring Mickey Mouse as the main character, is composed of only twelve parts, and it is regarded by fans as one of the best Disney series ever, together with PKNA. It is often called MM or even MMMM and it's set in Anderville, a chaotic metropolis, modelled on the city New York. Anderville is a deceiving city, full of criminals. In this new setting, Mickey Mouse has a hard life, because he has no friends and because the authors wanted to break traditional cliché of his adventures in Mouseton, featured in Italian comic Topolino. Villains are different from Black Pete and even from Phantom Blot, often unsuspected, and even friends act in a rude way toward Mickey Mouse, who often feels disoriented in the big city. These stories were directed to a more adult reader, trying to bring to a new life the "old style Mickey Mouse" of the 1930s and 1940s stories, written and illustrated by the late Floyd Gottfredson.

>wait, this issue starts with Mickey already in Anderville?

Looks like you missed the previous issue my friend! MMMM starts with #0 and you can find it here: So grab yourself a scotch, dim the lights, relax, and welcome to Anderville. Just don't believe what anyone tells you.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=z4PKzz81m5c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z83JPlSLJJs
youtube.com/watch?v=UHHPy0Mpo8c&list=PL3AEBFC9C681D0226
youtube.com/watch?v=H4QPl_HsnOI
youtube.com/watch?v=PozTnnkwZ5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>MMMM
...BOYS?

And our first grand look at the city. Gotta love those establishing shots.

Introducing TOMOKA

Gambling cops? Say it ain't so!

So how are we all tonight?

Do not try this at home.

How you'd manage to have a boat and an ocean at home to try it is beyond me. But still.

Justice doesn't work. Good message disney.

Mickey has apparently never seen Harvey.

Well all knew a warehouse had to explode at some point in this series.

I gotta admit it is fun to see mickey so pissed off all the time.

And Vera is back!

Yes, this is happening.

I was hoping these MMMM threads would be a nice get together kinda thing. Guess it's just me in here, eh?

Introducing Maryam, another in a long line of disney cuties that show up in this series.

And we're nearing the end of our time together tonight.

>this existing

This was pretty amazing. Thank you user for posting this.

And we're done! That was Issue 1 of MMMM. I hope you guys enjoyed it. It's not as huge as issue 1 in terms of scope. I mean we didn't see Mick being that much of a prick or punching a dude in the gut, but hey that's what issue 2 is for.

hey, no problem user, I posted the first issue last night, and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Seems like it's a little known series which is a shame because there are 12 volumes and they're all pretty good!

Thanks, OP.

thank you based OP. im gonna fall asleep reading this tonight like i did last night. it was a comfy read

The first one was wonderful and so is this. Thank you OP.

So, maybe this is a dumb thought, but I can't stop thinking in continuity terms. Are the animal Disney characters basically treated as actors employed by Disney studios to appear in movies and comics? I mean, that's the only explanation for the radically different tones in all of the Mickey Mouse and Donald publications.

The "real" Mickey Mouse could be a coke snorting, cigarette chain smoking jailbait fetishist who lives in a villa in LA for all I know.

one of my favourite series ever. thanks for the storytime.

I remember some stories with the same art but actually about some paranormal universe with a white mouse chick friend with mickey and a werewolf goofy, i remember a story who was completly a Harry Potter rip-off.

X-Mickey, another Italian comic

is this available in English anywhere? because I want to read it so bad.

I prefer the older Micky Mistery series personally.
They feel a bit more like Detective stories, while the Dark City/Anderville saga feels more like an Action story.

Still, it's pretty good.

If I ever find someone willing to typeset, I may jus translate some issues(glorious italian->greek->english translation)

Don't think so
Disney Italy has a ton of good "Elseworld" comics about the Disney characters, but only a bunch have ever been translated

Yeah. There have been some fun Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings and even Mad Max like elseword sagas, but they rarely get an English release.
They get released a lot in Greece though

I actually readed issues of X-Mickey in french because that was published in "Mickey Parade" a french disney comics mags full of italian stuff like modernized duck comics or some shit.
it's the chance of being neighbors.

This... was... awesome. Just awesome.

If there's call for it I'll run another one midnight tonight as well. There are only 12, I can always look into getting the rest for storytimes.

I have never read issues the last 3 issues, so if you do get them, I'd be much obliged

I'm definitely interested in seeing how this story goes

The animated shorts are what Mickey does in his downtime from adventuring according to the Gottfredson comics. Like the Disney Studios are just a small movie studio that shoots stuff in summer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z83JPlSLJJs

How hard would it be to write police procedurals? I mean, where do you get the knowledge about the procedures? Email a lawyer or a cop?

youtube.com/watch?v=UHHPy0Mpo8c&list=PL3AEBFC9C681D0226

youtube.com/watch?v=H4QPl_HsnOI

Any DL links?

youtube.com/watch?v=PozTnnkwZ5g

Blacksad Blouse?

Micksad?

The Other Great Mouse Detective?

Hermux Mickeymoque?

nice, thank you user.

Thanks, OP. Can't wait for issue 2.

Dammit I wish the scanlator had put some more effort into this.

I know this series is almost 20 years old now, but this dialogue is reeking of google t/l stiffness.

Sosich is literally the worst "scanlator" ever, but he is a competent typesetter. If you feel like signing up on Kaskus you could try asking him.

Or you could try getting Phil to ask for you before going throught the sign up. Just look for his scanlation posts in the win-o.

There is definitely call for it.

Also, bump.

bump