Luke Cage: Featuring The Defenders (Part 2)

Welcome back Anons! Since we're here for Luke Cage, we're skipping forward almost 20 issues, to tbe prelude of Luke's next appearance in The Defenders!

And now we're well into Steve Gerber's run!

In case you wanted to know what Nighthawk's origin story was, here you go!

Oh, and I skipped the OG Guardians team up with the Defenders.

>Gerber!
>BUSCEMA
>KLAUS IN THE HAUS

i need to read more of his defenders, I got to a guardians of the galaxy crossover and stopped

They could've just said "Loser Batman" and saved some time.

>Pennysworth's amply able lap
Too easy.

Who'd win in a fight, Moon Knight, Daredevil, and the various Nighthawks, and could the victor beat Batman?

Don't actually answer that, I don't need that discussion in my threads.

You could always do a storytime for his run. Lord knows we need more long-term storytimes on Sup Forums

jesus it's pretty impressive this guy isn't more fucked up

Fucking hell, those tit-cones look pointy in that second panel. They look like she could stab someone with them!

already juggling and thinking about some! also gotta read and figure out how to make posts to go with so the thread has life

The common trick I've heard is to make the OP post on your phone, and then every other post on a computer, so that it's constantly being bumped. As for actually getting people to post in it? That's pure dumb luck.

Val best Marvel girl

I think consistency helps a bit.

Holy shit, a Super Stan cup! I should buy one right now!

Seriously, who the hell is "Super Stan"?

That, and try doing it at the same time every day. I work nights and frequently do 12 hour days, so I just do mine after work, explaining why they're so late.

Wait, Clea got a cup?

Stan has always been a 'personality'. It's a cartoon Stan Lee in Spider-Man costume with Vision cloak and gloves

>Cheerleader Clowns

I can't even think of anything funny to say. That's just weird.

I'm actually ashamed I didn't think of "Stan Lee". I just thought it was a C-List Marvel Superhero from the 70's I've never heard of.

i'm reading Gerber's Man Thing and it also has clowns featured in an issue...

This is clearly some kind of clown sorcery.

Sorcery USING clowns, or sorcery done BY clowns?

And in case you're wondering when this issue was taking place in context with other Marvel stories.

I get the feeling that Glenn's letter will make some people angry.

She smacked her so hard in the 2nd panel, the C in the sound effect got smacked too.

It can't be both?

Yes, messing with THE HULK. God damn it Strange, I thought you were supposed to be smart?

Wait, Plantman? THAT'S who this is? I thought it was the Super-Adaptaoid using the powers of someone I've never heard of.

Spider-Man hadn't always used Hostess Fruit Pies to attack his foes, you know.

>The Eel, the Porcupine, and Power Man!

You have to be an absolute loser of a kid to write into Marvel and ask for them to stop showing off all these badass guys (and Nighthawk)

Hulk is clearly not the type to be cheered up.

There are such vast depths of shitty Marvel villains

Have pistols EVER worked against the Hulk?

I don't know about the Porcupine, but we've already seen the Eel twice.

Hulkistorian answer: no

I had a feeling that you, in particular, would have some thoughts on that letter.

You know, Hostess fruit pies really would be a more sensible solution.

I think he's an Avengers dude. Maybe a Pym villain?

Rulk killed a Gamma dude with a pistol i think

What, did he change his mind? "Okay, maybe 50 million is a bit much. How about ten million?"

LUKE CAGE
U
K
E

C
A
G
E

this is such an amazing introduction to the character

Well this is actually his SECOND appearance in this series. He was here last time, fighting Doctor Strange and Nighthawk.

Remember when Stan Lee had thick dark hair?

Wait, if Strange could teleport all this time, why didn't he teleport all three of them, and much sooner?

i know, i meant to the issue/story line

Remember the Fantastic Four?

So going by the placement of the sound effect, I can only assume that Luke just punched him in the dick.

>Hulk no!
>YES!
What a jerk.

It's a shame when I think about it that he wasn't part of the team to stop Hulk from losing his fucking shit a few months from now

Oh, but THAT you can teleport out of? What the hell is the rules to his teleporting?

Wait, so Marvel really made up their own version of Conan to fight Hulk, even though they could literally just have Hulk fight the actual Conan?

Crazy Magazine sounds so bizarre and so Steve Gerber. They would write reviews for made up albums

Hulk is in the microverse

This has got to be a fetish.

>Mark shittalking Gerber's writing

Come on, I like Starlin too, but you don't need to be a dick.

Arkon justified himself when Wonder Man was in the movie of it

h8 the avengers story with him

Reminder that last issue, Val literally lifted this bitch by the neck with one hand. I know Marvel civilians are retarded, this is an extra level of retarded.

He's putting Gerber over for having everyone be so chill and hanging out at doc strange's house all the time just socializing
Almost like a benis comic but still good because Gerber can put out quality when he's not a lazy shit

It is not Arkon who Hulk is fighting and Arkon has never justified himself

Not Arkon, the one Hulk is fighting, "Kronak the Barbarian".

Why are there multiple Not-Conans!!!!

Who's this guy, Adam Warlock's brother from the future?

I would be 100% okay if the new Spider-Man movies used this kind of product placement. It's hilarious.

So yeah, this is how Luke Cage joined the Defenders. One of their members literally pays him to be a member.

Remember that, it will hurt later.

Arkon exists because Roy Thomas is a little autistic nerdy shit
The one that Hulk is fighting exists in the microverse because he's still there after shrinking down to fight a parasite in the brain of his ex-girlfriend's husband that was implanted in there by the Russian mutant genius the Gremlin (Jr. after the first one defected and died after fighting the Hulk and changing his ways)

Vain shapeshifter space overlord dude. Defenders villain

So how many cosmic cubes has Red Skull had? Is this the same one that ended up being Kobik?

Because I would forgive everything Spencer and Zub have ever done if Kobik changes everything back, for Twinkies.

>Arkon exists because Roy Thomas is a little autistic nerdy shit
To be fair, that's literally why we have Iron Fist.

No but maybe this time it'll be different!

HOW DID ALL FIVE OF THEM FALL FOR IT?!

There has been a lot of good and a lot of bad from Roy Thomas being the apex fanboy

Just the one

I'm reminded of the end of the Kree-Skrull War, where Rick Jones summons a bunch of Golden Age heroes. Has Marvel done ANYTHING with their Golden Age characters who weren't Invaders?

Gotta have haggle room in these things.

Damn it Luke. I like you, but stop trying to act tough!

Wait, was he fighting the racketeers at his own office?

The Invaders only existed because our boy Roy wanting to make Golden Age stuff relevant so probably not. Even Robinson the Golden Age geek just plays with the Invaders instead of pulling out more literal whos

Because it's Luke Cage, and it's a day that ends in the letter Y.

The V Batallion?

Was this back when you could get cigarettes in prison?

Magic, ain't gotta explain shit.

Have they even done anything since FabNic Thunderbolts?

God damn it Strange!

If you could get an entire comic page on a shirt, what page would it be?

No.

Woah, victory for Cage.

Roy Thomas fucked the Vision with his Golden Age shit, gun to my head couldn't explain it. Glad we agreed to kinda ignore it.

One of those asinine Bendis spreads with just two panels copypasted over and over

But this is a genius idea for a t-shirt in all seriousness

If I was Nighthawk, I'd be so confused by that crowd that I'd wonder if I'm still seeing things.

That one page from Disassembled

For a Batman ripoff, you're a fucking idiot, Nighthawk.

I have no idea why the font on the 3rd panel is so weird.

This is a random bunch of characters.
The Hulk, Daredevil, Spider-Man, Conan the Barbarian, Howard the Duck, the Human Torch, the three big Avengers... and Mar-Vell.