Adapted the panel from the left

>Adapted the panel from the left
>took out all the conflict and consequence

Perfectly sums up the MCU
Top fucking kek.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/2eh3dd/goku_and_vegeta_vs_entire_marvel_universe/
reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/3qncvb/current_goku_and_vegeta_vs_marvel_pic_inside/
youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you really want to bait? Here this should get a faster reaction

Comics are shit.
The MCU is shit.
The DCEU is shit.

Top fucking kek

Except the one on the right wasent a shit story

Guy on the right will take all of them on the left.

Why? This triggers my autism.

>it's read right to left
10/10

>it's a Sup Forums pretends civil war was bad episode

I never noticed it but that's probably part of the point.

Its supposed to trigger on multiple levels

>he thinks Sup Forums didn't completely shit on the comic civil war event

kek

civil war is one of the only decent events in recent memory, what drugs are you on?

>Pretends

The worst episode of the worst season
>summer

>>took out all the conflict and consequence

The central conflict is arguably better in the movie. It's more nuanced and plays to the characterizations in a way that makes more sense. I will agree that the absence of consequence was frustrating though.

>The central conflict is arguably better in the movie.

Fucking Bucky?

People blaming Ultron on the Avengers and people forgeting that it was Tony's fault?

Cap getting mad at Tony putting Scalet Witch in house arrest despite the fact that she helped Ultron to murder people and the Sakovia thing?

3/10, nice special effects and action scenes excluding everything minus the airport and final scene

conflict and consequence?

nigga that was so fucking personal for tony. I totally felt his position afterwards. Yeah, Captain had the high ground with the accords, but he fucking lost on that personal level.

compare that to the stakes at all from batman vs. superman. that fight was fucking weak as fuck.

the fight between cap and tony felt fucking personal.

>3/10

>MCU
>not a shit story

top capekino

Not that much more contrived than the shit that happens through the comics, but the comic did have a better central conflict.

>People blaming Ultron on the Avengers and people forgeting that it was Tony's fault?
Tony is an Avenger.

So is Wanda, and she's responsible for Ultron, too.

the comic was fucking shit. i dont understand why people think it was good, it was fucking terrible.

Being a contrarian doesnt get you laid buddy

reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/2eh3dd/goku_and_vegeta_vs_entire_marvel_universe/

reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/3qncvb/current_goku_and_vegeta_vs_marvel_pic_inside/

Have fun

Did you even read the comic. I mean, it was fucking shit, but it was a hell of a lot better than that weak ass movie. Especially during the ending. The MCU, as always, waters everything down and cuts out some of the best parts.

What's with all the bait threads lately?

>Yeah, Captain had the high ground with the accords

>My team of heavily-armed, unappointed vigilantes (including a former terrorist) should be allowed to ignore any laws we want and conduct military strikes without consequence

Yeah it had flaws but the comic had worse ones

Its ok if you didnt like it, but no the comics are not better in any aspect.

>civil war
>nobody dies

Funny as the MCU adaption is superior to the source material in nearly every way

There were no good parts in the comic

We haven't really broached the subject yet in the movies, but can people come back from the dead in the MCU? Is it like the comics where nobody "stays dead?"

Because that would be maddening. Though, considering Disney's earnings from these films, not entirely unexpected.

The funny thing is that the government couldn't even stop them even if they wanted.

>"Civil War"
>muh Bucky
>muh mommy

>Deaths make a movie good because there is literally no other way to up the stakes in my little brain

>but no the comics are not better in any aspect.

Are you high? There was more of an impact, more engaging, made more sense, and left you questioning who was in the right at the end. Again, I hated it, but at least it got those things down a hell of a lot better than the MCU did. But what else should I expect the MCU is the MU lite for non comic fans.

Soul Gem has to show up eventually

They already explained it in Agents of SHIELD. In case an Avenger dies they have a machine to bring them back to life.

>made more sense
what did the SHRA actually entail beyond "you need to write your name down on this list here"
>left you questioning who was in the right at the end
probably not the one who had THE REAL HEROES taking him down

Considering the original conflict was horrible, that's an improvement.

People were mad at BvS because the original conflict was a comic book classic still loved to this day.

See this as a compliment for DC, I really fucking love the original scene.

Ok i will tell you, Tony Hitler Stark was the wrong side, want me to solve you another question? Grass is green btw

>Being this fucking ignorant about what happens in the comic.

I want the MCU fags to leave this planet.

the BvS conflict had nothing to do with TDKR, Zach just stole some panels he thought looked cool

>agents of shield is totally relevant guise!!!
It may be ''''canon'''' but they still didn't use it to bring back Quicksilver did they

The central premise worked a bit better, but it went right off the rails pretty much immediately. Overall for sure worse.

Civil war was bad, it was fucking stupid.

oh like you actually cared about Bill Foster dying

>Tony is an Avenger.

By that logic they should have locked everybody because of the Scarlet Witch bomb thing

Exactly my point. I'd prefer for him not to steal the panels because it kept reminding me of a story that was just superior to the one he was telling.

>A shit ton of Kindergardeners get brutally murdered as a result of heroes

>Stark wants to stop this from happening again.

>Suggests that citizens who have the powers to level fucking cities register with the government to keep a closer eye on them

>Somehow is in the wrong.

>left you questioning who was in the right at the end
only because Mark Millar is a hack who couldn't figure out how to

But was that what happened, user?

Because Hawkeye was the one who killed him, it was probably part of the plan.

>The funny thing is that the government couldn't even stop them even if they wanted.

Terrorists Assemble!

*make it more clear that Tony was meant to be in the right

>Implying I'm talking about Goliath.
>Not the major fucking death at the end of the comic.

It's okay if you don't know how to read user.

They weren't getting locked up for being Avengers. The Accords stated that they could retire if they didn't want to work under the UN.

They were locked up for violating normal laws that they were no longer exempt from.

the flight plan Hawkeye filed with the agency lists him, the random civilian child, but only one maximoff!

>Wants a pure world
>Unites his country against everybody else
>Was only following orders
Hitler man

Cap didn't even die in the Civil War comic, he died after in his own series
you casual

Not that user, but I'll defend the post.

The issue with Civil War is that, like many of the post phase-one movies, it seems to spiral in circles. There is no real sense of resolution or growth because now that the MCU is locked in place the ability to fulfill basic storytelling requirements falls apart.

The most basic story template of
>character wants something
>character faces obstacles in pursuing/attaining thing
>character emerges changed
is basically rendered impossible in a cinematic universe where stagnation plus stability equals earnings.

I agree with you that death is not a guarantee of a good movie. But I think that user is speaking to a larger point about the bland comfort food that the MCU has become (like any franchise that is expected to run forever). This has been a problem with cape comics in the past. It's frustrating to see it infect the movies as well.

I enjoyed Civil War for the most part. I was just frustrated by it.

There both stupid conflicts but there both better then minority report with capes

And the movie one was still better then the comic one

I sort of agree with you, i do think the MCU needs a serious death, but after AoU which i was dissapointed by and the god awful idea of having Coulson alive, I actually quite enyojed Cripple Rhodey and not Boing! This unimportant character is dead

It's a tie in, those count. Especially when we're talking about a Captain America movie.

Oh fuck off you must have learned this in a Top 10 Comic Book facts video or something

>He did not die directly in Civil War
>His sort of realization came out of fucking nowhere and just made the final fight seem stupid
>Lets kill capn America he will surely never come back boys!
>The other death was a fucking nobody which everyone pretends to care about because
DID YOU KNOW DURING CIVIL WAR MISTER BIG GUY BILL FOSTER DIED...?

>conscripts all heroes into the military

>only thing keeping government in check is his own involvement not any laws he put in place

>has to make special arrangement for Jessica Jones a pregnant woman and her child not to be forced into military service
>Meaning his superhero slave conscripts don't even get mat-leave, and are clearly not even treated like military personnel

>Locks people up without trial in another dimension to bypass the constitution

>Somehow is in the wrong

to be fair the actual Death of Captain America story was pretty good comics

Also adding to this, i have to disagree Captain America's character has really changed (Mostly in TWS) and Tony Stark got the really big switch in this movie which we were supposedly getting in Iron Man 3, the movie i despise the most of the mcu

youtube.com/watch?v=ACL8nKOUoxk
This made me appreciate CW way more than I did initially.

I'm sure some people wanted to. That was kind of the entire point of the story.

I dunno about that but when the camera was moving past the columns making them look like panels, my dick got hard

In the comic Cap dies and comes back again, and the "consequences" got retconned to fuck.

>Civil War
>the War actually is pretty Civil
Marvel does it again!

> Wanda
> Being allowed to retire
> Kek

this might just be a blog post and not relevant

Like I seriously think people are blind sometimes. Or don't know how to watch movies.
Iron Man's whole position in Civil War is because he's seen what superheroes can do, Chitauri-> Mandarin->Ultron.

Cap is the same way, he becomes disillusioned over the movies (Testing him at the end of First Avenger->Hydra tech in Avengers->We were HYDRA the whole damn time) and ending Civil War an outlaw

>witnessed the government create murder carriers
>government infiltrated by nazi offshoot
>fought in battle where the government launched a nuke at NYC
>trust the government

Sokovia Accords: Disclose your identity and work for the government doing whatever the fuck we tell you, whenever the fuck we tell you, no questions asked, or be forced into retirement / enemy of the state status.

Sanity: Vigilanteism is already illegal, continues to be illegal. Good fucking luck enforcing it on supers though (and be grateful that there are GOOD supers and that the same will act to protect normies from BAD supers).

>US government creates Genocide carriers to purge the infidels... I mean liberate the world
>almost suffers a coup by Nazi cell that tries to use said Genocide carriers to take over the world
>is apparently completely un-fucking-accountable for any of this, nor the very public self-destruction of said carriers over the fucking capital, or the nuke they tried to kill ALL of NYC with barely a token conventional forces containment attempt, many other fuckups
>same US government wants to draft all supers into compulsory service to do whatever is asked, whenever it's asked, no questions asked and continuing lack of accountability but now control over all these supers for ultra black-ops on a whim
>also lol fuck civil rights, due process of law, etc; Uncle Sam has to DEFINITELY imprison and/or kill you before an aloha snackbar MIGHT yes? You know, for your own protection

Nuh uh, fuck Stark, fuck the police, and fuck you. People fucked things up on both sides but holy fucking shit Stark+government fall squarely in the "you have to be fucking kidding me you daft nigger" category.

Based Russo's

Technically, Doctor Strange is a terrorist as he works for Elder Gods and other-dimensional aliens.

I love the idea that he wants to send the two strongest DBZ characters, but he explicitly locks out the strongest of Marvel characters cause "it wouldn't be fair"

Reddit I guess.

Cap never actually died in Civil War.
The "event" ended with him surrendering.
His death occurred in his own comic, billed as "the aftermath" of Civil War.
The shooting didn't even have anything to do with Civil War, in the end it was just another convoluted Red Skull plot.

>So is Wanda, and she's responsible for Ultron, too.
No she's not. Tony had prototype Ultrons before they even met. Stop blaming everyone else for Tony's fuck ups you fucking cuck.

There are no easy manichean answers to the issues in Civil War.

That's very unusual for a superhero movie, where it's usually retard-simple who is right.

>took the base idea of the conflict
>got rid of everything that made comic Civil War a living joke
>the guy in the right isn't a mustache twisting villain by the end of the movie

Really it was Ross who fucked everything up on the pro-reg side. Tony's ideology is completely understandable on its own. Even more so when you consider his own experiences and guilt and stuff.

he doesn't work for them, he slaps their shit if they start encroaching on Earth

Except it really is retard-simple here.

US government is stupid-evil aligned with no cure in sight.
UN is completely ineffectual as usual, with no cure in sight.
Accords are at best ineffectual (illegal vigilanteism remains illegal, such wow) and at worst works exactly as intended (giving said stupid-evil and ineffectual governments control over the world's supers with continued ZERO accountability or checks against their own fuckups and corruptions so shit inevitably gets even worse, fast).

Stark does have a point in some version of this world, it's just fucking retarded in the one presented to us.

>the only difference is the bodies and Tony is wearing a helmet

Yup. Lets ignore the tension that was built up around this scene by the scenes that led up to it and simply show one blurry image during the fight scene and pretend it's supposed to be the exact same thing

Films != Comic

Both convey emotions and story in different ways. If you can't see this or you can't cope with this then you are either physically or mentally a child.

But the fight between Bruce and Clark was ALL personal.
Bruce convinced that it was his duty and that not doing it would make everything else he did pointless
Clark being put in an impossible situation, while not fully approving of Batman's methods anyway Okay even I am not convinced with Clark's motivation. He and Lois were the weakest part of BvS by far

it wasn't personal at all, they barely knew each other

it wasn't two personalities clashing over differing ideologies, it was just two action figures bashing together

The fight was personal in that they both had a personal reason to be there. Personal doesn't necessarily mean "related". Like, a soldier that enlisted because his parents were killed by terrorists? The terrorists don't need to know that, but it's personal for him.

Thing is, *was* also weak and convoluted because those reasons didn't really intersect at all. and the ideological conflict got swept under the rug almost immediately.

>clark put in impossible situation

Appealing to Batman's sense of justice and begging for help saving his mother instead of falling at Mach 99999 straight into Luthor's retarded "trap" and having the BvS fight isn't an impossible situation, it's Superman again being shaped by the only plot device that ever matters in stories involving Superman: his own stupidity.

Bruce even wanting to fight/kill him was also sparked by the phenomenal misplacement of blame onto Superman for the crimes/damage committed by Zod and co. All of BvS only happens because every character in any position to sculpt a better story is offensively stupid at all critical junctures.

Now that the dust has settled, can we all just agree that BvS was infinitely better than Civil War?

Still no counter to it

Look up the Vishanti you idiot

>the fight between cap and tony felt fucking personal

Except Cap never gave a fuck about Tony and Tony sure as hell didn't like Steve that much, they had their own people they go along with and tolerated each other at best.

Too bad Whedon never gave a fuck about Tonys and Caps friendship.