What are your biggest fears for dcs future movies

What are your biggest fears for dcs future movies.
Mine are

>None of the suicide squad die
It's fine if they have full survival in a later film but it would set a bad precedent in the first.
>Motherboxs talk instead of going ping
>Aquaman isent good and the carefully crafted effort over the last decade to make people like him all comes crashing down.
>Rainbow corps
>Finite emotion in the universe
>We never get justice league dark
>Harley Quinn slept her way through medical school
>Apokalips is just a planet existing in the universe.

My only fear? That they'll suck.

>Harley Quinn slept her way through medical school

but that's canon

It's still fucking stupid.

you're fucking stupid

Well that's a given with justice league and suicide squad will either be really good or really bad.

Wonder women is a wildcard but I'm guessing mediocre to good.

its literally not though

Slipknot'll be lucky to make it to the second act

>Rainbow Corps
Dude are you implying GL isn't leading up to Sinestro Corps War?

the guys who passed her were, yes

>Slipknot surviving in Suicide Squad
top kek m8

>suicide squad and solo batman movie is highly successful
>DC comics become Detective Comics Comics

>no Lobo ever
>They make a Constantine 2 instead of getting an actor who should actually be in the trench coat and making a proper DCCU titled Hellblazer
Nothing against Keanu, I love he guy but he cant do any sort of accent, let alone a cockney one. It was a good movie to young me because I was a kid and never even knew it was a comic.

Which lobo

>no Catwoman in the DCEU
>no Dick Grayson in the DCEU
>all the movies have a hamfisted Batman cameo
>no more true Superman stand alone movies
>Darkseid turns out to look like a Thanos rip-off (I know Darkseid was created first but not everyone does)

That's about all I'm afraid of

Honestly either at this point. The movies are pretty much New52 anyway so twinkbo might still work as long as they give him a dedent actor and stubble.

>Harley Quinn is protagonist of the Suicide Squad films
>they adapt Nu52 Lobo for le ebin synergy
>the Shazam film is based solely on Geoff John's New 52 book and no homage to the preceeding 75 years of Captain Marvel stories is made
>the Flash fucks up Captain Cold and whoever else it uses
>Blue and Gold movie doesn't happen

That they keep on being serious buisness, 2deep4u snooze-fests.

Ok people said I was silly for thinking slipknot might survive

No way in hell are they going to keep doing that fuckup bigger risk is they go to far in the other direction.

Fuck I just got the second layer of that joke

Barry Allen being a dumbass quipster walking meme.

Morons still pay to go see Snyder's movies - so Warners keeps on giving him more projects.

We're already living the real nightmare.

Yeah, he's so fucking lame they had to use Wally's personality. Fucking Johns.

I love Barry, his shtick is pretty good on his own. I have no idea why they went with Barry for and old DCEU though, they could have easily made it about Wally and made Barry dead by origin.

I fucking hope the movie bombs so they drop Barry like they dropped Hal Jordan.

this

Indeed.

>it will fall apart before they can do GLC
>they make it to GLC and it's terrible again and the lanterns are pretty much ruined for casuals forever
>no Hal

Source?

>It's fine if they have full survival in a later film but it would set a bad precedent in the first
Despite the name, Suicide Squad's got an okay survival ratio.

Better than the Teen Titans, anyway.

>I love Barry
>I fucking hope the movie bombs so they drop Barry
>I love Barry
a likely story

>OP needs DC to fail
Poor OP.

My fear? They leave the direction they are on to ape Marvels
I'd prefer a little diversity in the genre capefilms can be, beyond just bright colors and explosions.

>What are your biggest fears for dcs future movies.

Already living it

Yeah I know it's nothing unusual for everybody to survive but it should always feel like somebody could die and if nobody dies in the first one people won't approve later on.

i still have the tv show and it's not ending anytime soon. movies can be different.

I very much doubt he will ever work in Hollywood again let alone on dc films

Yeah but casuals and normies hate that. It won't make any money despite being a top tier film. "Just turn off your brain bro!" is profitable.

What's the point of thinking when it's about syndershit

>b-but Snyder

They're good films. Get over it.

What part of "MARTHA" and "Granny's Peach Tea" did you think was top-tier writing? They're not mature films. They're not well written. They're just unnecesarily dark in tone because Snyder is allergic to fun.

Fuck the casuals and normies. They will ditch the genre as soon as the next cool shit comes out.
Remember Westerns? How many Westerns are considered classics?

They were good scenes. Just because you're autistic doesn't make them bad.

That Snyder remains the Michael Bay of DC

Goddamnit. Reverse Satan has spoken

The Martha scene comes from no one having any fucking idea of how to write the characters out of their stupid pointless conflict in time for the climax, and therefore going for the cheapest but marginally justified ass-pull they could

Granny's Peach Tea is just the result of a terribly written Lex Luthor in general

That's my sentiment. BvS was made for the fans, and I don't mean casuals. They should keep doing the strategy they're doing: good films for fans, suicide squad-esque movies for normies to make money. It's the perfect plan.

About a dozen

Shame even the fans hated it

>>the Flash
Honestly, this needs to stop. There is no way it can top the show. It already sucks im my mind. From the pics i have seen from BvS i am not supporting it either

Except everyone is extremely out-of-character in everything Snyder makes and the tone of his works is him trying to ape dark 90s comics without knowing why people liked dark 90s comics

They have a proper understanding of the characters. You're a casual who probably hasn't read many comics. Batman has always been obsessed with his parents from day one; to say that the Martha scene is bad means you don't get Batman.

The Granny's Peach Tea scene is definitely something Lex would do, in most iterations. If the senator had used some other metaphor, that's what he would have done instead. It's a pride thing. You don't understand Lex Luthor either, apparently.

Auctualy I do hope they keep him on in music as shit as watchmen was the music was incredibly fitting.

Then again back then he probably lacked a lot of his current power so maybe somebody more competent had final say on the music

>Slipknot not being the KGBeast of this movie that dies 10 minutes in

They weren't actual fans of the characters, just casuals who like to pretend they are.

Show proof of them being out of character that doesn't have an in-universe explanation. The entire reason that they're slightly different is because in this timeline Superman comes much later than in the normal timeline.

No you idiot. The point is not that Batman isn't obsessed with his parents, is that THE SITUATION ITSELF of them immediately stopping fighting because Superman happens to say "Martha", leading to Batman chimping out about why he said Martha until they come to a mutual understanding via Batman yelling a few sentences with MARTHA on it is extremely fucking stupid

>Remember Westerns?
Irrelevant. Normies are a modern phenomenon

No one liked BvS tho. NO ONE

I dunno dude. I will defend BvS till JL comes out and defend that shit instead, but I have no illusions about it being a shit film.
All I'm saying is that I like the capeshit to be more than just capefilm the genre, but more like a set. We should have films like cape noir, cape horror, cape thriller, even cape westerns instead of just cape action.
Basically more films like Watchmen and Sin City. Not saying they were especially good, but they were at least different.

>They weren't actual fans
Cept i did dislike it and am a fan.

Lex Luthor acts like an autistic, vaguely ill-intentioned teen for most of the movie. Superman is completely joyless and his alienness is played up to a ridiculous extent. Snyder couldn't figure out how to make Batman more brooding so he went for making him stupidly impulsive and wrathful instead. Wonder Woman didn't really do anything but pop up for the team-up at the end to remind everyone she was in the movie too, so it's harder to tell

>Watchmen
>not another action flick

Compared to how many total?
I can think of films like Josey Wiles or Good Bad Ugly or Easy Rider(?) that may be considered classics, but I've seen a lot of Westerns airing local TV stations weekend afternoons. More than you can shake a stick at.

Think of all the cape films throughout history, including films like The Spirit, The Shadow, MCU, DCEU, Nolan bats, how many will be considered a classic in another 3 decades? How many will still be played with "dignity" on cable compared to on shitty local channels in nowhere, Oregon?

No it's not. If you understood Batman you would get why he was momentarily stunned, wondering what Superman meant.

Lots of people did.
I personally think it was a great movie. I agree with you on the multiple genres though. I think Ben said that the solo Batman would be a detective movie. They could probably pull off a horror film with the supernatural side of DC, Vigilante and Jonah Hex would be good for a western, etc.

A fan of what? Do you like Superman and Batman? Have you ever read any Elseworlds or imaginary stories? It's kind of like that. Here, Superman comes later and we see the effects of that.

Lex was modernized, like he has been various times. Superman is happy when he should be, and sad when he should be. He has human emotions, which is great. Batman was both brooding and wrathful, but also with a snarky sense of humor at times. Wonder Woman had only a small role but she still lived up to the name.

>>Harley Quinn slept her way through medical school
Keeping it canon is bad?

>Elseworlds
Funny you should mention that.
I think some of the elseworlds should be movies, or at least animated
I for one would love to see Superman Speeding Bullet be adapted and the normie's brains explode

My fears

>Dead Robin is Dick, not Jason
>Darkseid just an alien despot
>No Omega Effect
>Poor explanation of Anti-Life
>Batman continues murdering
>Flash costume looks dumb
>No Orion/New Genesis characters
>Wonder Woman is cringey
>However they do underwater scenes with Aquaman
>Too many Avengers quips

Man that would be amazing. I've been wanting to read that for a long time now. That's the one where Thomas and Martha Wayne adopt Superman, right? It would be great seeing the parents' death scene animated. I would love to see first time reactions at people thinking "oh, this again" and then "Bruce" using heat vision.

Technically there was an Elseworld randomly thrown in the middle of the last movie.

That was an alt. timeline. The whole movie is an Elseworlds. All comic movies that aren't 100% adaptations of comic stories are Elseworlds, in a way.

darkseid better be big calm at all times and his voice better sound like a smoothe deep black voice on steriods

>What are your biggest fears for dcs future movies

That they continue to make them.

That they find sucess, I hate this universe and I think it's fucking tainted by a Nolanesque approach to the material.

If I were DC I would make a Justice League movie short having Darkseid kill everyone and fucking reboot, fuck this shit.

spookedmarvelfanboy.jpg

>>Aquaman isent good and the carefully crafted effort over the last decade to make people like him all comes crashing down.
>>We never get justice league dark
>>Apokalips is just a planet existing in the universe.
These.

Also:
>they completely fuck up the New Gods
>they go with Johnseid instead of Classicseid
>that they fuck up the Flash, Captain Marvel, GLC, etc.
>that MoS never gets a sequel somehow
>Snyder ISN'T out after JL

Nolan's Batflicks
Burton's Batflicks
First two Spider-Man flicks
Maybe Hellboy? Idk

The future of capefilms don't look good

>How many Westerns are considered classics?

I can think of about twenty off the top of my head. How many superhero movies are considered "classics"?

its the origin given to her by the people who created her, so its really the only one that matters.

By that token then all of the versions of Batman that don't kill aren't canon

Killing is not an origin story. Bill Finger's origin for Batman is

>saw his rich parents die in the street
>vowed revenge
>Trained physically to be at peak
>trained mentally to be at peak
>saw bat in his house
>pursues justice as Batman

Then why do people yell "not muh" against Snyder? Same with Superman's origins:
>Planet blows up
>Loving parents raise him in Smallville
>becomes a reporter for the Daily Planet in Metropolis