Why are you still reading capeshit?

Why are you still reading capeshit?

>"What? Joker escaped Arkham for the 793rd time!?"
>later
>"I'm putting you back where you belong"
>Escapes again

This is literally shit-tier logic,

Is Batman such a faggot that he can't kill even though his fuck ups result in people dying?

If this conflict existed in real life, the Joker would have been killed in a fucking instant.

Apart from comic logic, Batman is literally the faggot version of the Punisher, the Punisher isn't a giant plot asshole gaped pussy like Batman, at least he kills every villian as soon as he can not being cucked like Batpussy.

Why do you still care?

I agree that people should branch out and read different comics but you're still obsessed with this garbage. You're as pathetic as anyone who still likes Batman. What non-cape comics do you even like?

>in real life
That's the thing about escapist fiction IT'S NOT REAL

>escapist fiction

Well fuck, my point is it's illogical. At least have some plausibility.

Punisher has more plot armor than Batman

No he doesn't.

>plausibility
A man is dressed up like a bat is punching a man dressed up like a clown. This is serialized fiction originally meant to entertain children. Stop being a manchild trying to envision " a real" version of things

Either enjoy the wonder and the whimsy or fuck off

So the "Why batman doesn't rape the joker" meme finally died, and we are back to the old "Why doesn't he kills the joker" threads.

he can't kill the joker. that's his husband.

>Apart from comic logic, Batman is literally the faggot version of the Punisher, the Punisher isn't a giant plot asshole gaped pussy like Batman, at least he kills every villian as soon as he can not being cucked like Batpussy.
Except Punisher only ever kills complete fodders nobody cares about.

You know, I keep seeing this repeated over and over, but does Joker really escape that much in a single timeline?
People seem to add up all the times he escapes in ever reboot, timeline, AU, and so on.

It's the latter.

Shouldn't you make that question: "Why are you still reading Batman?" Instead of generalizing all of superhero comics. A lot of them follow that trend but it's already established Batman has the worst case because of the Joker. Not that I mind either way.

Batman should have learned something from his team up with Dredd

Oh well it had a good run but in the end the classics always win out. Maybe we will dig it up again in a few years.

Yeah.
Although in a new 52 comic I forget I think it was an issue of justice league they said that there was something like an average of 4 months between escapes for each villan and arkham was even worse then that

Have better prison security

>Doesnt know about multiverse resets and thinks it has been a fixed timeline since WWII
Why do you not read capeshit and pretend you know enough to point out joker escaping so many times?

>implying I do

Its because metahumans are an economy in DC. If they made a better prison or killed them all off or whatever the world government would topple.

The only unbelievable thing is that for how corrupt Gotham is
>no cop has pulled over
>"oh no the joker is trying to escape"
>shoots him
Even if he goes to trial, hed at least get jury nullification.

Always the checker, never the checked... sigh.
But to answer your question its because they're more scared of what the coyote would do if you killed his roadrunner then the roadrunner.

Reminds me of that old hellblazer with that guy engineering superhero fights.

because batman is clearly the only cape-comic there is.

go fuck yourself, I'll read what I want.

Im reading old hellblazer right now, that sounds awesome. So far theres been barely any mention that cape heroes are even a thing.

comic books are circular

They literally never end m8

>cape comic books are circular
FTFY

aka 99% of comics.

>Batman comes to bust my balls
>"So when you dont get a conviction you like, you just attack a man declared innocent by the citizens you chose to protect. How does ignoring what they voted on protect them?"
>Watch as Batman either goes insane or rage quits because hes more of a public servant than he is a man.

If the problem is that your supervillains keep escaping the various prisons and insane asylums (goddamnit, Batman, you can't call them that anymore, it's offensive), and you can't solve the problem by just killing them because you're already slightly unhinged and doing that would unhinge you just that crucial little bit more until you became Bat-Judge Death (only the living commit crimes!)...

...it seems the obvious solution is that you should build your own prison. I mean, you are both insanely rich and incredibly intelligent, and your entire schtick is that you are always prepared. I mean, you're freaking BATMAN. You can't tell me BATMAN can't design a Joker-proof prison.

It's simple, really, I stopped giving a fuck about canon and continuity and try read most stories as individual events

I mean, with stuff like 3 Jokers, Peter and MJ being separated for a decade now, Watchmen being crammed in the DC canon... things are bound to get.stupid one way or the other, there's no proper way to keep together 50-something years of stories. Just fuck it, learn to stop being a characterfag that has to read every single thing starring X, just support stories and artists/writers you may like

I'm not OP, but I relate to his frustration. It's annoying trying to find discussion about comics when every forum is devoted to either Big Two schlock or "art" comics. There are so many great stories out there beyond Batman and Spider-Man and the rest of that shit, but it's next to impossible to find good discussion about them.
I read a lot of different stuff, from Valiant cape comics and licensed stuff to arty stuff like Don't Come in Here or The Incantation of Daniel Johnston. I just want to enter Sup Forums some day and see more than Marvel/DC shitposting. Especially since neither Marvel nor DC have been good in years (despite what Rebirth fans might delude themselves into believing)

In the new52 the Joker escaped once I think? Whenever he had been locked up before DOTF, he then takes over the Asylum, which isn't so much of an escape as much as a... take over.

But depending on which Joker stories are and are not canon in the new52 he might've escaped a couple of times more.

Or just read comics beyond Marvel and DC and stop supporting terrible, convoluted crap like you described. There are great writers and artists at other publishers working with full creative freedom.

>Why are you still reading capeshit?
Because I just started, and there's so much more to read.

I haven't read Kirby's Fantastic Four yet.
I haven't read Ditko's Doctor Strange.
I haven't read Morrison's Animal Man.
I haven't read all of Claremont's X-Men.

Those comics can be summed up as slice of lifes about akward lesbians in shit colour palettes or spawn.

Kek keep telling yourself that capebabby.

>2016
>Still implying Batman is the only superhero comic in existence

Go back to your Punisher edgelord supreme.

Well i dont see you supplying any alternatives that dont fit that description.

Why is Batman the only one that ever gets "Why doesn't he just kill the bad guy"?

Same reason why Superman gets the "overpowered" thing, while religious figures, higher gods, cosmic beings and other dimensional things exist. Nobody cares about superheroes other than Batman, Superman or Spider-man.

I think ill move on to Green Arrow after i finish with Hellblazer's archive. This panel plus the fact he has a spot for a can of after fight beer on his utility belt have made me decide he's next.

Because most heroes are all grouped together under the "Fags" category simply because of how colorful their costumes are. Batman gets special attention from edgelords because he dresses in all black, but doesn't kill, which is kind of like blueballs for 14 year olds.

>Reads valiant
Opinion discarded

Valiant, IDW, Image, Fantagraphics, etc all have a wide variety of scifi, fantasy, SoL, drama, etc. comics. I didn't provide examples because the examples are all around you.

Except for stuff like fantagraphics and a few good creators, the same mediocre creators who write for the big two write for every publisher like Image and Boom.

There's a difference between writing an original series for a non-big 2 pub and doing some write-for-hire schlock where Superman finds out Jimmy Olsen is a Kryptonian or some shit.

But they write the same stupid slow paced schlock for Image. You have to search for good stuff even in Image. Most American comics except for Fanta have massively declined. The rest is not any better than big 2.

IDW is all licenced
Valiant is just more capes
Image is spawn, Im so sick of spawn, I grew up in the fuckin 90s, if I have to hear a black barratone WAAAAANDAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Again I'll track down McFarlane and make him choke on a broken off chunk of a shoddy overpriced action figure
No fucking clue what fantagraphics is

>Image is just Spawn
Have you been in a coma since the mid-90s?

>Nobody mentions avatar press

Oh yeah, The Maxx and guy with a fin on his head, how the fuck could I forget. Oh yeah easially because they were abandoned in favor of "action figure" tie ins. If they expanded on the cape universe more there i think I might care a bit more.

its frustrating how indie comics have a shit reputation because the closest they get to discussion are smug cunts coming into a thread and going 'pffff capeshit' and just leaving

when it should be shit like 'hey check out american barbarian or infinite kung fu' you know exciting shit that would actually win some fans

True. And in my frustration I am guilty of acting that way sometimes.
The titles you named are two great examples of gateway comics that can lead away from Big 2 into more independent stuff. A lot of people on this board seem to expect people to go from reading Ms. Marvel straight into experimental self-published stuff, which just isn't going to happen without gateway titles.

It's more like nobody wants to be the guy who ALMOST killed the Joker, because now you have his attention. And Joker is stupidly good at surviving those sorts of situations, dating back to the days where Batman actually killed people.

I love these bullshit fanwanks big two readers come up with to justify that the comics they read don't function as a narrative.

You sound unsure about your sexuality, throwing around words like faggot and pussy like that

Oh, absolutely. I was talking about big 2 because of OP's context

It's the arc where swamp thing takes over constantines body for rape

Talking to a guy on a plane

Go watch Man of Steel then.

Ane we hate lesbian slice of lifes done in pastel.

Shut the fuck up

>Big two readers
Theres more then two people reading Marvel and DC yu dumb fucking asshole.

>All capes are big 2
>no capes have definitive endings

What?

How much of a manchild do you have to be to care about this?

Casuals.

Remember that these are the same people who worship the Punisher even though he's only killed a supervillain like once.

>All non big two comics are lesbian slice of life
Go back to Sup Forums

>I dont like X
>that means no one can like X

Is that a blowjob plant?

>If this conflict existed in real life, the Joker would have been killed in a fucking instant.
So if a serial killer clown/crime lord escaped from prison the 731st time in real life the vigilante in the bat costume would kill him?

I don't really read Batman though?

And spawn, you forgot spawn
And over at Sup Forums idie is just gay cowboys eating puddin filmed in sepia, thats just as bad.

You're fucking retarded mate.

Yes.

But only after the 731st time.

This is the most awkward;y drawn ultra-violence I've ever seen.

>Jigsaw >Kingpin >villains coming back from the dead.

Sure dude. Killing villains stops them.

Post YFW there's never a good Goon thread. It makes me wanna take a knife to the eye

just because the story has been told 1000 times, that doesn't mean that joker has actually escaped 1000 times within some hypothetical real timeline

And some people like fat girls or feet. Doesnt mean they can think theirs is the god idea and none other shall exist.

You difnt even give a good alternative, fagget.