KaijuCringe general.

kys weeb

KaijuCringe general

of course it's a gamera fan

strawpoll.me/13250662
strawpoll.me/12790854

Totally. My lizard nigga has to win.

> stealing my post from the last thread
if you read the rules all posters have ownership of the contents of their posts.

you'll be hearing from my jew lawyers

My jew lawyers are better than yours

wat u gon do bout it fgt

Can't wait until Kong shoves a tree down Godzilla's throat again.

>it's a shill thread episode

2016 version superior in every way
youtube.com/watch?v=MbUvxYwhnfI
#GENIUSANNO.

When are we going to get our campy showa era-esque Godzilla movie with kung-fu and shit?

With an MCU tie in so he can be in infinity war

Godzilla and Kong are part of Legendary Pictures who are partners with WB.

>implying Toho can't give Marvel the rights too

I love how these threads attract such blatant cancerous board tourists from Sup Forums

Another Godshilla thread.

Honest question, can a jew out do a jew?

Godzilla (2014) was a poor start to this Monsterverse.

Whatever you say pal

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

bait

There's only 30-40 minutes of decent content in that film. Everything else is filler. Well shot (when visible) filler. But still dull filler. Edwards wanted to continue with this tone for the sequel, however, the studio was quick to reassure fans they would be getting what they wanted next time.

See

I don't hate that flick but I just wanted an apocalyptic Godzilla film like the first teaser.

No it wasn't. Poor bait.

>there are actually people who want Kong to win

explain yourselves

So you're telling me that wasting time with this non-character was a good start? He's literally 2/3 of the movie. And no. The airport scene and death of the female MUTO does not save the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=YbsRfRmL5Kc

Same

I don't like using this argument but its still valid when presented with character complaints.

Every fucking character in every Godzilla movie is a catalyst to further the plot. Military bomb guy is no different.

>The ape is dead, bury it, consider this mercy
>Kong shit all over the place.
>Godzilla enter.
>A T O M I C B R E A T H
youtube.com/watch?v=h2PLm3xnEZw
>Kong barbecue.
>Godzilla left.

It is different. The Japanese films focus on ensemble casts and better balance the human drama with the action. And they are usually thirty minutes shorter.

Military Guy is basically the only character after Cranston dies. He has to carry the movie and he can't.

G14 is like the ultimate kaiju pleb filter

Not 100% relevant, but I'd like to ask anyway. Do you guys consider Godzilla a horror movie?

no because having watched all of them I was never scared once, even was a child

More like a disaster movie.

Reminder

Kong: Skull Island>>>>>Godzilla '14

take that back

>this guy is serious

MUTOS GET THE FUCK OFF MY PLANET

skREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEonk

What a waste of dubs. He's right though.

Legendary Godzilla series:
>Dead serious
>About the relationship of man and nature
>We are specs that nature can just roll over at any moment and crush

Kong Skull Island:
>Light hearted
>campy
>humans almost kill Kong and conquer nature

How are they going to make this crossover work

They'll quip.

anyone got that drawing of godzilla carrying king kong in a little bag?

Fucking nerds

Kong was a much better movie in every single aspect, this is irrefutable.

Godzilla 2014 was barely coherent as a movie, it was objectively speaking bad.

>Godzilla 2014 was barely coherent as a movie, it was objectively speaking bad.

Except 3/4 of critics would like to disagree with you there phamalam

They're abandoning Edwards' tone. And good riddance.

Critics say Ghostbusters (2016), TFA, the Prequels, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull are good movies too, m80

It was panned and forgotten, and rightfully so. The monster itself was fine, everything else wasn't.

you're wrong, here's what is bad about it:
- feel good music from who knows what decade, 70s? idc if it takes place during that time
- monster fights have 0 weight to them
- anticlimactic, why didnt kong destroy the aircraft?
- kong design is kinda boring
- not enough variation in monsters
- hiddleston is completely unnecessary, brie is not hot and also useless
- killing goodman
off the top of my head

>it was panned

leave your shitty pocket reality for a minute please

Just because Sup Forums and you hate something doesn't mean everyone else does

>we have to wait 2 years for King of the Monsters
Why live?

>In July 2013, Edwards confirmed an origin story for the film.[78] He also confirmed that Godzilla would be an anti-hero rather than a villain or a hero. He also discussed the themes incorporated into the film, stating "Godzilla is definitely a representation of the wrath of nature. We've taken it very seriously and the theme is man versus nature and Godzilla is certainly the nature side of it. You can't win that fight. Nature's always going to win and that's what the subtext of our movie is about. He's the punishment we deserve".

What a lying faggot. glad his career went down the drain.

Crystal skull was fine apart from laBitch

Here are some problems with G14
- forgettable, ill-fitting score
- Godzilla is rarely seen and easily removable
- far too much teasing (even during the climax) and little payoff
- ATJ isn't an interesting lead
- Perfectly good actors like Cranston and Watanabe are wasted
- Second act is a dead zone and overly long

>How are they going to make this crossover work
Simple, to set up the crossover, the next Godzilla movie will follow Kong's tone, which brings in more international dosh.

Just Jackson, Goodman and Reilly made it better than Godzilla (2014). Actual characters. Jackson vs Kong final showdown was great. It was superior in cinematography, writing, acting, soundtrack.

Larson and Hiddlestone were indeed useless charisma voids, just like the protagonists in Godzilla. But the others make up for it.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was panned

I disliked TFA and yet it was praised and I admit that

Most people liked TFA, I don't pretend I'm in the majority because I agree with most of a niche anonymous imageboard of contrarianism

I suggest you do the same, it's healthier to not deny reality

skull island was extremely enjoyable, thank you for tricking me into watching it

So how much do you think Kong will grow from 1970 to 2020 where Godzilla vs King Kong will take place?

He was already pretty big in Kong but Godzilla 2014 is fucking huge

He's a big guy

Another young Godzilla will appears

Be honest, would you watch a Jet Jaguar Netflix series that tied into the Monsterverse?

Kong is still growing, apparently. Something about him being a teenager was brought up in the movie.

Really cinema coming through

>Generic revenger story with edgy protag

Pass

From /m/

]■[1] 05-1999 United States, New York-Boston area witnessed the appearance of the first of the giant organisms [Kaiju] named: Kamacuras. Estimated number of casualties: 2.5 million people.
It appeared suddenly out of the sea from the upper New York bay area. In 72 hours upon landing, it moved 330 kilometers northeast, destroying every area in its path. In retaliation, the Air Force used laser guided underground piercing bombs [Bunker Busters] against it.
※ The leading theory to explain the appearance of the Kaiju is the sudden change in the global environment.

■[2] 09-2002 United Kingdom, London-Manchester. The appearance of the Kaiju Dogora. Estimated number of casualties: 3.9 million people.

■[3] 11-2005 People's Republic of China, Tianjin-Beijing. The appearance of the Kaiju Rodan and Anguirus. Estimated number of casualties: 8.2 million people.
※ The tactical use of the biological weapon [Hedorah] was a success. The entire area of Hebei suffered an outbreak of pollution damage.

■[4] 12-2017 Australia, Sidney-Newcastle. The appearance of the Kaiju Dagahra. Estimated number of casualties: 6.7 million people.
※ Unidentified substance discharged from within the Kaiju's body caused wide bacterial infections. It continued spreading across Australia's east coast.

■[5] 05-2022 Turkey, Izmir-Ankara. The appearance of the Kaiju Orga. Estimated number of casualties: 1.15 million people.

■[6] 2030 United States, West Coast area. The appearance of a Kaiju different than all the others.The Kaiju Godzilla. Estimated number of casualties: 8.7 million people/Percentage of surviving humans:56%/World population estimate:2.3 billion people.
Los Angeles-San Francisco completely destroyed. Enormous damage incomparable to that of past Kaiju attacks took place.
※ 3 distinct Kaiju appeared simultaneously and were all annihilated by Godzilla.

Cont.

■[7] 2034 Western Europe destroyed by Godzilla. An all out attack by the EU allied forces failed.
Estimated number of casualties: 6 million people/Percentage of surviving humans:30%/World population estimate:2 billion people.
Paris, the capital of France fell. The whole of Europe is evacuated.

■2035 The alien race [Bilsard] landed in London.

■2036 The alien race [Exif] landed in New York.

■[8] 2039 Humans, Bilsard and Exif established the Earth union. With the help of the Bilsard and Exif, science and technology has advanced. Operation [Eternal Light] to recover Europe was successful.
Although the mass production and development of Kaiju weapons has accelerated. An effective plan for stopping Godzilla remains to be found.

■[9] 2042 Godzilla activity confirmed (Number of occurrences 8).
Kaiju Godzilla. Estimated number of casualties: 300 million people/Percentage of surviving humans:19%/World population estimate:1.2 billion people.
Living space disappearing: 50% of the whole East Coast of the United States, Northern Africa, Eurasian continent

Project team establishment:
Selective immigration plan started. Construction began of an interstellar immigration ship.
Temporary central government function moved to the outskirts of Rio De Janeiro.

Cont.

■[10] 2045 Operation [Great Wall] to confine Godzilla in the Eurasian continent is implemented. The transform boundary between the Himalayan mountain range and the Eurasian continent was destroyed using 2000 thermonuclear bombs. It resulted in the formation of a giant fault zone of 1km in width, 800m in depth and 10,000km in height. This succeeded in ceasing Godzila's advance for 1 year.

■[11] January-2046 Godzilla breaks through India's line of defense
Kaiju Godzilla. Estimated number of casualties: 200 million people/Percentage of surviving humans:13%/World population estimate:800 million people.
Godzilla confined in the continental plate, managed to break through one side of the Himalayan mountain range using his atomic breath. He disappeared in the Bengal bay.

■[12] March Lands in Hamamatsu, Japan. The final battle against Godzilla, ends in defeat.
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ loss
Continuing from the Indian peninsula. Mankind flees from the Japanese islands.
Kaiju Godzilla. Estimated number of casualties: 100 million people/Percentage of surviving humans:11%/World population estimate:700 million people.

■[13] 2048 Immigration plan for outer space is initiated.

End

Age of Ultron felt weird after watching this

Lol humanity got fucking rekt

When I first read this I was hyped with all the classic and obscure monsters being talked about

Then it was revealed G is going to be the only kaiju and there will be no kaiju battles and I got dissapointed

Name more youtu.be/e5xnyClQ_kk

There's always kaiju battles.

It's the trilogy so we still have a chance.

Ghidorah is a kaiju of peace

No sane, unbribed adult would rate Godzilla (2014) above 2/5, i'm not even hating.

Here is what I don't understand

They literally everything they had at him including mechs and shit and failed

What's a bunch of human's that are a small fraction of what they used to be going to do

Then most adults are insane according to you

>So how much do you think Kong will grow from 1970 to 2020
No fucking shit.

I think they need Mechas for defense against mini-Godzilla birds

From the synopsis:

"Will (generic young Japanese man) get his revenge?"

How the fuck is he going to do that?

More potential than generic soldier getting back to his family. You guys seem to like that movie so this should be fine.

that has nothing to do with what I was talking about

I was questioning how the fuck we is going to win with like a tenth of humanity and very few resources when the entirety of humanity couldn't win

Yuki's Special

Tell me, do you bleed?

>cringe
Reddit is that way.

According to the polls I'm running there are people here who want kong to win

Can you please explain?

You will

>being a Kongfag
>When radioactive dinosaur of peace, balance and nature exists

agree

with the power of friendship!

seriously, maybe they create an oxygen destroyer and he suicide bombs it to Godzilla.

best movie