Can anyone give a single reason why this is bad?

Can anyone give a single reason why this is bad?

Actually curious if any of you can or if you really are all just a bunch of pathetic losers that dismiss everything popular as "reddit."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SdsJDLSI_Mo
youtu.be/4eEVZZ7gAyQ
youtu.be/I1188GO4p1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a little too reddit for my taste

S1 is good
S2 went full on reddit
S3 I imagine will continue the reddit themes

>tfw rickposting is back
feels good t b h

It's at its best when it's focused on sci-fi and comedy, and less on drama.

Aye an actual criticism.

If you've spent more than a 6 months on Sup Forums you no doubt would have come across one of the many multi-paragraph criticisms of R&M that explicitly lays out its faults. Nobody wants to waste their time typing another long ass post enumerating everything wrong with R&M when it's already been done a dozen times before.

Nice

Give me the short version with bullet points of the main reasons.

Or maybe you're just bullshiting amd don't actually have anything to say.

I'm not going to spoonfeed you. You've already outed yourself as a newfag by not already having seen the posts I'm referring to.

Season 3 July 30th though

8th grader nihilism and technobabble that sounds like Futurama's afterbirth.

BURRPP SHIT ON THE FLOOR M..MORTY BURRRPP GOD AINT REAL MORTY BURRPP

i watched 2 episodes and it seemed like childish family guy tier humor for manchildren. I don't see the appeal. That's all, i don't give a shit about what's reddit and what's not

What does "being reddit" entail?

How much longer is this dumb stream?

Hey, don't frequent this board much but have watched this show.

I guess what bothers me personally about the show is its attempt to "try" to be smart, and makes various references to "popular science" terms and plays on a lot of tropes of science fiction that gross nerds and shitstained, tattoo covered faux intellectuals eat up.

The best way I guess I can describe it is you can smell the people (and their homes) who watch this kind of show when you see it. It just puts a huge damper on it above all else, and the show has a self satisfied smugness about itself, like it knows the idiots at home who love it will think anything and everything they produce is going to be hailed as brilliant, and any dissenting opinions are just people "who aren't as smart as me because I get the biting hilarious commentary on society being framed through lol scifi references that only I get as well as my nerd buddies"

Make sense?

I'll give you a reason *unzips dick*

who's the chick on the live stream on adult swim right now?

If you can't see it on your own, you're not worth explaining it to

Erica Hayes. She's just some storyboard artist they brought in to draw dicks.

This seems like it's entirely your hangups and worry over being assosciated with some hipster stereotype, rather than a valid criticism.

Is "smug" the new "dishonest filmmaking"? Nothing like an empty adjective to substitute analysis

The plots and adventures that they go on are pretty entertaining to watch, but the humor is too try hard.
Remember in the late 00s and early 10s when LOL RANDUMB ECKS DEE, rage comics, and "the cake is a lie" memes we're all over the place online? That's what most of the ""jokes"" in the show are like, stuff like "grass tastes bad!", "Wubba lubba dub dub", and and the szechuan sauce gag are all pretty much t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m material.
>The burping gets annoying pretty quickly
>The B-plotline with the failing marriage of Beth and Jerry is boring
>The animation's sub-par (acceptable since it's an Adult Swim original)
>The overusage of fart and poop jokes
>When the show trys to be emotional, it does the Futurama approach of playing sad music. The scene with Seymour waiting and Rick staying in the garage is nearly identical
>Sayings about how life's meaningless and God's not real attracts a certain type of crowd who feels that watching the show makes them smart and intellectuals
>Finally, the fans. They're pretty annoying, constant complaining over the release of season 3 and quoting the show constantly online, I can't seem to find it now, but there was this Reddit thread where a guy mentioned something about culture. Even though it was completely unrelated to the show, someone replied to the comment with "in bird culture that is considered a dick move", the rest of that comment chain derailed into the show's quotes

Someone screencap this and make it a fucking sticky

I'm Coca Cola and I love fucking children!

>Can anyone give a single reason why this is bad?
Remember that 7/10 that people think it's 10/10?

Rick and Morty is that. A lot of tv show and films nowadays are like that.

Pic related

>"It reminds me of fucking nerds and I hate nerds!"
t. obvious former nerd

ahh thanks. she's pretty cute.

I don't think about that at all

I personally find it funny and just because Sup Forums shits on it, it won't stop me from enjoying it t b h

M-MUH R-R-REDDIT

>implying there actually are conditions for being reddit
The truth is anything you don't like is reddit because it's easier than actually explaining why you didn't like something. Anyone who uses that stupid site for that context is probably a brain-dead moron who can't express themselves with anything but memes.

Season 2 was shit. The humour fell flat, the dance and song scenes were akward and not clever, they even rehashed the interdimensional cable episode.

This board loved season 1, but it feels like the show jumped the shark pretty quick.

t. has a reddit account

>anyone who thought our stream sucked probably voted for Trump!
That's not even a joke Dan.

You realise where you posted this?

>not being associated and bundled together with a bunch of losers is a hangup

Yeah ok bud. Enjoy your comedy show for lazy retards who use references to convey how smart they are

This is nothing more than a canard. The fact that there are specific works universally labelled 'reddit' (eg Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, Rick and Morty) and there are specific works never labelled reddit, even when criticized, disproves this idea that the term is meaningless.
Sup Forums has associated reddit for years with pseudo-intellectualism, popsci posturing, and populism masquerading as edge.
Here's another picture of someone defining reddit in 2014

I WAKE UP EVERY DAY IS A DAYDREAM

If "packaged for mass appeal with a touch of geek" is the definition of "reddit," then Futurama, not Rick and Morty, definitely fits better.

ITT:
>y-you're a beta cuck!
>n-no you're a beta cuck!

stop overthinking the show its culture and society in general and either enjoy it for what it is or move on for fucks sake

This show is literally redd- ah fuck damn it

its made for children

[distant bird noises heard about it all]

good one my sir le reddit gold for you xDDD

>intellectual and informed
>smokes marijuana
Does not compute.

So what was the deal with Ridley or whatever the guy's name was? Was he actually supposed to be on the panel and was just late or what?

did anyone see the jew at the end freak out when the caller asked about MDE coming back?

reddit does love futurama though.

"you're not entitled to my emotional labor, its not my job to educate you"

it's probably not bad, i just don't give a fuck since i have a life to live. From what i've seen, it's fun, but i'm not going to waste my hours over worshipping a cartoon. If I see it on tv, great. If not, no loss

That's my point. I'm saying Futurama is a very "reddit"-style show and that Rick and Morty isn't. There's too much edgy shit in R & M for that. The main character is a government-hating, atheistic anarchist and alcoholic who literally tries to kill himself and only fails because he passes out drunk. That is not "packaged for mass consumption"

>Haha I'm so cool, I live life and don't care about watching tv, that's why I'm on a television and film board on Sup Forums
Kill yourself.

>libertarian
>alcoholism
>not "packaged for mass consumption"
underage get out

>>I just don't give a fuck because I have a life to live
>Liking or disliking a tv show means you can't also have a life to live
What a useless post

burp

He's an anarchist, not a libertarian. I notice that you didn't mention suicide or atheism being marketed to the masses, probably because they don't agree with the narrative you're trying to present.

in the first episode of futurama bender is about to kill himself in a suicide booth until fry fucks it up, your point's null and void bro

youtu.be/SdsJDLSI_Mo

youtu.be/4eEVZZ7gAyQ

youtu.be/I1188GO4p1E

>daily reminder that if you do not enjoy this hilarious children's tv show, you are a contrarian faggot who hates everything

> false equivalence

Are you even trying?

I still dont care about the show, but i don't mind watching. how does that make you feel, please tell.

google "boston reddit meetup"

This is a discussion forum for tv shows - not for dairy entries about your viewing habits.

Nice blog post you fucking tard

>Says move to the left
>He clearly moves to his right
Sup Forums was right. This show is garbage.

atheism is fucking reddit as you can get
only around 20% of the population of the US could be considered "religious" anymore, it's hardly "edgy" or "nonmarketable"
the episode where rick tries to commit suicide was also extremely forced
I liked rick potion 9 because the trauma of events felt natural, and the "sad song sequence" felt earned and worked well at the time.
in the assimilation episode there was such a leap in state of mind of rick from "i dont get to be hedonistic with a girl wah" to "i lost the only entity in the universe that gets me, imma kms"
it was such a jarring sequence that was entirely pandering

>only around 20% of the population of the US could be considered "religious" anymore, it's hardly "edgy" or "nonmarketable"
It's on the rise lol. Religioncucks always win.

this show were always called reddit and here is the proof.

The show was reddit before if even aired. Justin and Dan did AMA's during production and even before then about Doc and Morty

didn't think i'd see the same joke 4 times lmao

It's reddit.

1. The show relies heavily on gimmicks. For example, S2E01, the entire show was about the multiple dimensions. Rather than just making an entertaining sorry, they focused on playing out the gimmick. The show does this so often that it isn't a treat/surprise/something different for viewers (i.e a bottle episode or dream episode).
2. The show does too many episodes where the main joke/story/premise relies on the idea that there a bunch of zany, but lazily thought out characters that look lor behave like other things. For example, the memory implanting worm episode with mr poopy butthole.
3. The show relies too much on the idea that it's "sloppy" or "improvised." There is so much "lazy" dialogue that it becomes forced rather than organic sounding
4. The gibberish sounding alien names and catch phrases all sound the same. Again, this is repetitive and feels forced.
5. the voice acting. Justin Rolland does way too many voices that sound the same. Ditto with dan Harmon. This takes viewers out of the show, especially when justin and dan have so many interactions with fans over the internet and are constantly promoting their shit, thinking they're geniuses, etc.
6. They rely way too hard on the 8 step story circle that dan appropriated from Joseph Campbell. The episodes become very predictable in their steps. Rather than relying on "story" they rely on formula. So you can always kind of predict how things will work out.

Justin and dan do tons of redditing and interactions with fans on the rick and morty sub so it is not a stretch to call this show Reddit. And before you say Justin posts about rick and Morty on Sup Forums-- he only did that on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums-- where people would actually be watching and talking about it. Fuck off OP. Why don't you tell us why Rickand Morty is good?

Futurama fits the bill as well

it's not bad, just not perfect
it can be very reddit with the le science and /r/atheism moments, which attracts an insufferably reddit fanbase but that doesn't make it a bad show.

>pseudo-intellectualism
>populism masquerading
>popsci posturing

BvS fulfils the first two criteria. BvS is reddit nao

>daily reminder that if you do take the time to care for this hilarious children's tv show you don't enjoy, you are a contrarian faggot who hates everything

They said god doesn't real and that hurt my feelings and that's not fair. All my friends on Sup Forums said it's dumb too.

>they didn't like my favourite show and hurt my feelings so now i spam it on Sup Forums

just watched the preview
I feel so smart now

Not my thread. It's okay, a few funny parts. It sure does trigger the snowflakes though doesn't it?

Notice how the only people mad at others for calling it reddit are redditors. Just fuck off and circle jerk about it there, its not hard.

And yes if you get offended by this you're already outing yourself.

>trigger the snowflakes
don't be self-depricating

>Implying libertarianism isn't just a step before anarchism

>putting Carlin in that list
gas yourself

Is that actually in the show?

SHIT ON THE FLOOR

t. First day on Sup Forums

unfunny
unoriginal
unintelligent

The only real time I felt like it was reddit tier cringe was do the rick dance

Thats when I saw a slippery slope begin to form. Havent seen the newest episode so I cant say much more

>The plots and adventures that they go on are pretty entertaining to watch, but the humor is too try hard.

I dunno, the humor is pretty low effort. It's all the emotional/existential bullshit that is super try-hard.

>S-Stop arguing!
>Why can't you guys just agree on everything?
>Like if you don't agree with the thread then don't post!

>government-hating, atheistic anarchist
You just described the vast majority of redditors.

BvS was always reddit, along with most other Hollywood capeshit flicks

Watched like 3 episodes, I just found it not funny. Also the way they keep repeating their names feels weird, uncanny.