PewDiePie and other YouTubers took money from Warner Bros. for positive game reviews

theverge.com/2016/7/12/12157310/pewdiepie-youtubers-sponsored-videos-ftc-warner-bros

>accuse Disney of buying reviews
>WB would never do such a thing, they have integrity!

Explain yourself, my fellow BvSbros.

>Marvel is only popular because of Disney bribes!
>only Marvel would be this despicable!
>DC is pure, PURE!
>capekino!

This is too good.

This
We have enough arguing over if movies about capes should be here or not we dont need video games AND fagtubers

It's well known that youtubers are paid, even stuff like makeup blogs. I'm sorry you're 12 and didn't know how the world worked.

For fucks sake, the only company that doesnt do that shit is Nintendo since they don't give a fucking fuck what critics say.

That doesnt mean WB buys reviews of movies

The thing however is the link states it came from WB directly not WB interactive
Which begs the question why didn't they throw money at more important things like BvS.
Or might they did, that standing ovation shit would make more sense if the room was paid or it.

To split hairs this relates about as much as filename threads
which is to say enough to not break the rules but just like filename threads is a waste of space of the board.

So, what are the chances that BvS's reviews were bought?

Fuck off, and take your e-celebs with you.

Given that WB owns Rotten Tomatoes, low

Not very well that's for sure. It didn't break a billion in spite of a recording breaking opening weekend. If anything that shows how bad it was. This is the same general audience that puts up with Transformer films so one must wonder what went so horribly wrong with this film.
It's projected Finding Dory will pass it before leaving theaters
After Magical Beasts, Doc Strange and Rebel One it might be #8 if it's lucky.

Literally nothing about this is Sup Forums related. Not Pewdiepie, not Warner Bros, and not your shitty cape movies.

That has nothing to do with review scores.

RT is just a review aggregate.

WB owns the website, but they have no control over the reviews posted there.
What they can control, is the consensus, and the BvS consensus is strangely non-negative considering the score, even more when X-Men is at 50% and it calls it a dissapointment.

Doctor Strange won't break 870 million, c'mon... Will it? I honestly don't know how the drawing power of Cucumber Man is these days.

>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story -- and some of America's most iconic superheroes -- in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action.
Heh, never read it, you're right. I mean, it doesn't necessarily mean it was doctored, but it's definitely trying to call a rose something else.

>and the BvS consensus is strangely non-negative considering the score

Bro, you've been on Sup Forums too long

Casual audiences were mostly baffled by BvS. You can claim the whole patrician/plebian whatever, but the movie was just not a positive experience for most people.

Ant-man made 520 million in spite of releasing after the poorly received Avengers 2 and the director fiasco as well as had no strong cast pull short of Douglas and honestly not that strong of a marketing campaign

Marvel is riding high on success right now and Dr.Strange is buzzing with general audiences because it looks very different from other cape films and everyone wants to see if the magic is just that. Never mind the marketing for it has started much early and I argue Cucumber Man has enough PR going for him with this film.

He means the "Critic Consensus" part of the page that's written by Rotten Tomatoes' employees, ya dum-dum.

LGTSS

I think it will. Guardians of Galaxy made around same amount. Antman made only half a fucking billion just because normies had Aquaman meme reaction to the name.

A film that included a talking racoon a talking tree and had Footloose references as well as a dance number at the end made 800 million

Captain America Civil War made Marvel more relevant then ever and with it's holiday release it's very possible that if it's good and/or memorable it will churn out 800 or 900 with no effort.

>publisher buys game reviews.
Water is wet

And it's a shame, it's the first marvel movie since guardians that doesnt look like complete crap

because this board about children's media on an adults-only site is such a precious and finite resource

"waste of space" doesn't mean I think it needs to be gone so much as I don't think it adds anything

>after the poorly received Avengers 2
Man, I like how Sup Forums is so hyperbolic about AoU.

I didn't like the movie, but it was in no way poorly received. 1.4 billion worldwide, 7th biggest box office of all time, second superhero movie box office of all time, 75% on RT with an 84% audience score. It didn't do as well as the first Avengers in terms of box office and audience/critical reception, but calling it poorly received is an exageration.

>smothers
>grim whirlwind

That sounds non-negative to you? It straight up says they fucked it up.

How big was Into Darkness and how much of that was on him?

I only remember the whitewashing controversy and Alice Eve screaming

Where are the mods?

>Article has nothing to do with DC or BvS
>Marvel drone OP turns the article into a DC smear campaign

You're a sad man, OP.

Compare it to X-Men Apocalypse, which had a higher score than BvS:
>Overloaded action and a cliched villain take the focus away from otherwise strong performers and resonant themes, making X-Men: Apocalypse a middling chapter of the venerable superhero franchise.
>Overloaded
>Cliched
>Middling
It's just an interesting observation, user.

But that still notes

>otherwise strong performers and resonant themes

The blurb for BvS is all about the missed potential given the iconic material.

see
and deal with it.

>game reviews

the standing ovation was also from warner high ups, if you and i are thinking of the same one, so they wouldnt have to pay.
good grief if they PAYED for those reviews they deserve it

Let's be real, Cap 3 had every reason to succeed. It was basically Avengers 2.5 with the added benefit of having Cap 2 being most people's favorite MCU film.

BvS had Batman and Superman but a lot of bad PR and the taint of MoS. Who knows how much money Snyder's name alone cost them.

Found the angry cuckold.

>its Summer

Why the fuck is this thread still up?

Cape movies are Sup Forums, no matter how much you whine.

However this still doesn't belong here.

why are you guys acting like Youtube sponsored vid is a RARE thing? Gods of Egypt has sponsored game, Warcraft has sponsored game, wtf is this big news??

Everyone who's not a retard should know this happens all th time, but this is a billion times more corrupt than anything with that Zoe bitch.

>plenty of YouTube bloggers said d.c. was sending huge boxes of free stuff to them right before bvs.
user acts like this is new

What I hated about gamergate was the pretense that it was exposing this stuff when everyone already knew it happened all the time over a case where it didn't even actually happen. It was bullshit.

Games and movies have paid for good press forever.

Let's players are whores! What a surprise!

Lol your either a d.c. shill. And they're not paying you for this gay ass opinion or your a legitimate retard . Either way your wrong