So, what did you thought about it? did he came back to work and made the ad?

So, what did you thought about it? did he came back to work and made the ad?

I liked this ending.

one thing I didn't get about it is he came back to work and made an extremely successful and iconic ad, so does that mean that the same cycle will keep repeating itself and he cant escape or did he finally find peace and he will be able to balance his work life and all other aspects as well? Big fan of the show, was just always curious because it could be a really morbid ending depending on how you take it.

>I'd like to buy the world a bottle of brown fizzy sugary water
Thanks Mad Men!

The ad got made, people like this exist. They got old and fat and cancerous.

Only the true suffering artist Dave Algonquin made good.

My take is he had a revelation and realized who he was meant to be all along, he found happiness and his true purpose in life and came back to be an adman and excelled at it.

On the other hand, even if Betty was a cunt the whole show, she didn't deserve that ending.

That's the point. He accepts that he's an empty, soulless person who doesn't care about anyone, and only knows how to fool them with meaningless symbols, and makes the most of it.

>that last birdie
fucking got me

It was a good finale but it would have been perfect if Betty had died between the previous episode and the finale. The scene with her and Don was unnecessary and not at all what Mad Men was about. If Don had learned from Sally that Betty had died, and that her funeral had already happened, and that the rest of the family didn't want to bother him, it would have pushed Don over the edge. As it was, I didn't buy his breakdown as much as I would have if Betty had already been dead.

Damn, the last time the show hit me this hard was when Don broke down when he heard Anna was dead.

What was his fucking problem anyway?

The series wrapped up too soon. They were trying to shoehorn everything in. So we're supposed to believe that Peggy and that werewolf guy just suddenly realized they wanted to get hot and sticky with each other, Pete and his wife got back together and moved to the middle of the country, while January Jones got cancer and croaked (thank God), Roger finally found a bit of stable happiness with the French ex-mother in law of Don's, while Don himself was able to find a bit of peace, temporary or not???

It was too much too fast. They didn't know what they wanted to do.

Years of living and selling lies soiled who he was inside. Didn't help that he spent most of his nights in a bottle.

i hated the ending. it should have ended with betty dying, don finding out and mentally pushing him over the edge as well as don physically throwing himself off of his building on madison ave like the opening intro for every episode.

The refrigerator speech never fails to get to me.

Here's an interpretation I heard that I really like:

Basically, in the last episode, everyone makes the same mistake they ALWAYS make, and it makes them happy, for now at least.

Stan convinces Peggy that she loves him, despite being work-obsessed and her admitting that she never even thought about it i.e. another relationship that she doesn't truly believe in, didn't actually fight for and will always put second to her work. Is this bad? Not necessarily, but it's the same thing she's done all series long. Think about Pete. He gets back with his ex-wife, and decides that they just need to move somewhere and everything will be fine, literally the same as when they move to the city, when they move to the suburbs, when he gets his Manhattan apartment. He's literally making the same mistake again, hoping this time it will work. And who knows, it might. Joan takes the money instead of dedicating herself to a cause or challenging the status quo, and then leaves to try again as a woman in a man's world.

And Don? He leaves advertising, he goes on a spiritual quest, and then he comes back, as always, as the best ad man in the business. The cycle continues. There are no fresh starts, lives just go on.

The main exception here is Betty, who doesn't get the chance to make the same mistakes all over again, and actually earns a new perspective, having no time left.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>don physically throwing himself off of his building

Literal retard. It's not about a man falling to his death, it's about everything falling out from under him, then him finding himself right back where he was, i.e. the actual ending of the show.

I didn't come up with it, someone else from here posted it a while back

Am I the only one who thinks it wasn't truly implied that he made that iconic coca cola ad? I don't think he ever went back to that career

It was truly implied, but also truly ambiguous

Not really. If anything, I'd imagine that was Peggy's big break.

i think he grabbed sally by the pussy and then fucked her right in the pussy

It was about as heavily implied as it could possibly be without outright stating it.