Is it worth reading the whole shebang?

Is it worth reading the whole shebang?

I have total faith in O'Neil and a lot of the other talent (Grant, Moench, Dixon, Aparo, Breyfogle) and the idea of a pisstake on readers asking for an edgelord Batman sounds brilliant.

As someone who still has the Vol 1 & 2 paperbacks, its not all that bad a read.

super grate.

Its good but people tend to completely misunderstand the whole message with the aftermath of the story

Seeing a cunning and intelligent villain make a Hans and Franz reference was pretty surreal though

Why was Bane never this cool again?

It was part of his plan.

It was a gimmick in the time of gimmicks
it was OK not worth seeking out though

It's not really much of a pisstake.
They call it a pisstake but it's done with the knowledge that if they go too far with the parody it won't sell to people who genuinely want edgy shit.

Denny O'Neil is such a pro

Have knightfall 1 and 2 on my shelf right now. That and immortal iron fist I reread more than anything else

it's pretty good,worth using the paperbacks, shitload of content for alright bucks

It's shit.

Knightfall is great, the majority of the Azrael saga is great, Prodigal is great, it's overall just a great storyline.

It's not high art, but it's a well-told story with strong characters, engaging action and a dash of meta-commentary.

It still holds up. Even Knightquest holds up alright, and I'm one of those who still think they were taking the piss out of edgy superheroes with Az-Bat

In the middle of my first read through of the whole thing, it's really enjoyable.

GO READ SECRET SIX, YOU INBRED RETARD.

Volumes 1 and 3 are great, though you can kind of skip 2. It's just a whole bunch of JPV being edgy, which you get enough of from the end of 1 and throughout 3. Narratively it's kind of just spinning its wheels.

I've been re-reading through Secret Six lately. It's incredible "hearing" his dialogue in Tom Hardy's voice.

>not owning the original issues

>Not owning both because it's such a pain in the ass having to pull out five different longboxes just to track down every chapter of this shit

Fuck DC for shitting the bed so bad and printing incomplete collections of the arc. Totally unforgivable.