Be extremely depressed, have constant suicidal thoughts and spend most of my days in bed for years

>be extremely depressed, have constant suicidal thoughts and spend most of my days in bed for years
>Sup Forums tells me never to take antidepressants because they are mass murder suicide pills and part of the Jewish conspiracy to control your mind
>decide to try them anyway
>after 6 days of taking them I finally feel like life is worth living again and I regained my drive to finish my college degree
I am never going to take advise from your lot again.

Other urls found in this thread:

lifeextension.com/Magazine/2014/6/A-New-Way-To-Manage-Depression-Without-Drugs/Page-01
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kyqOpIGQE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Found the Jew

Glad you decided to try them.
I had a few attempts on my life before I decided to try them, literally turned me into a new person.
Don't ever take health advice from people here m8.

>after 6 days
lmao

Which anti-depressants? sertraline for me user

ok meth makes you feel pretty good for a while

all drugs do

just keep waiting when the effect wears off and puts you in a worse state than before

Escitalopram here

Think for yourself mane, that's the most important.

blue pilled idiot retards take chemical pills for depression

i take the red pill, turmeric capsules, natural antidepressant

lifeextension.com/Magazine/2014/6/A-New-Way-To-Manage-Depression-Without-Drugs/Page-01

the mass murder suicide pills is going to happen soon youve been on them for 6 days, ask people who go 9 months on those things, at that stage theyve been on 8 different types to try to get the same results and feel like a dead zombie and will kill themselves eventually

Enjoy your short lived drug induced bliss. Hopefully you don't kill any family members. Pic related

>Going on Sup Forums for medical info when /sci/ is basically right next door.

Yea, hope you enjoy your +20 killos weight that you will gain and the permanent loss of physical energy

>after 6 days of taking them I finally feel like life is worth living again
now try and stop
enjoy the ride

this
have fun when your depression returns except now you have brain lesions from your zombie pills and you can never quite feel the same again unless you increase the dose forever

>the jews are literally preventing evolution by giving the weakest links in our gene pool the will to live and procreate

>now try and stop
>enjoy the ride

After 6 days withdrawal effects won't kick in, he can stop it cold turkey if he wants

Germanics truly are mentally ill.

Enjoy while it lasts, you'll come to the point you'll be as depressed as before but need to keep taking those antidepressants in order to not become even more suicidal

i hope you're actually german to further assert my belief that Europe will fall in my lifetime

oh? what's he on? how's his resolve?

>da joooos

Feels bad Luigi

whatever you took takes at minimum two weeks to work at all because it has to build up in your system so you had a placebo effect.

>Enjoy while it lasts, you'll come to the point you'll be as depressed as before but need to keep taking those antidepressants in order to not become even more suicidal

I was on cymbalta and escilatopram for a couple weeks, it fucks up your serotonin productions and makes eat sugar all day. I gained like 20 + kg in a couple days and had almost no energy to workout again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kyqOpIGQE

watch kraut

Fat fuck, I've lost weight on SSRIs. Looking lean.

OP discovers placebo effect

Kek, who would go on the Internet and lie?

What do you think is going to happen once they get you off the stuff? Antidepressants do not make you better, they manipulate your brain and hormones to make you feel better as long as you keep taking them.

went on florox for a year, probably the least bad anti-depressant, and if you want to wean out it's not as bad withdrawl

>implying I'll ever stop taking them

yeah took about a month to work.
Been on em for years.
cured my anxiety too

>taking advice from Sup Forums
always a horrible idea.
That said, happy pills probably aren't good for you.

hard to keep weight when you're forbidden pork and alcohol indeed
you need to find a way to escape until enough time passes to get your brain recover, like movies programming whatever, anything that helps you detach, then you can be free and normal

You should know that your mental health may change in unexpected ways when you take escitalopram or other antidepressants even if you are an adult over 24 years of age. You may become suicidal, especially at the beginning of your treatment and any time that your dose is increased or decreased.

So what did you try before you decided to become addicted to a drug? Did you try reading a few books? Did you look into CBT? Mindfulness? Relaxation techniques? Meditation? Or did you just jump straight to a pill for the quick fix? Did you research the drug before you took it?

>Fat fuck, I've lost weight on SSRIs. Looking lean.

Cymbalta is a SNRI you retard, SNRIs affect not only serotonin production but also no-epinephrine(Adrenaline) which makes you completely tired and calm, unable to do any physical activity like cardio or weight-lifting

Become an alcoholic, it's fun.

Fucking idiot, you will suffer to come off them. It was fucking hell for weeks, seriously that shit is poison.

kek, made me giggle mehmet

The only cure for stuff like this is lead.

Alright, I didn't know

>Did you try reading a few books? Did you look into CBT? Mindfulness? Relaxation techniques? Meditation?
I did all that, nothing helped

Pills are nice and simple, worked well for me

the science is settled

they are only mildly effective for moderate to severe depression

I'm bipolar and I don't think I should have children. Sure, it's not as intense as schizophrenia, but I still wouldn't want to doom some kid to being a depressed loser its entire life. My mother feels horrible because she's the one who gave me the bipolar genetics.

Depression is awful and I'm glad you found help user. The people here have a point about genetics, though. If we all procreate indiscriminately, unexpected problems with arise over the next few hundred/thousand years.

Um, yeah. They magically start working after exactly two weeks and there is no way any positive effects will be felt before that time has passed.

giggling at turkish men like a slut :3
nothing to lose his head over tho paco

What's disturbing is you took life advice from Sup Forums, perhaps you should drink bleach

Good thing I'm severely depressed then huh

It may take 1 to 4 weeks or longer before you feel the full benefit of escitalopram. Continue to take escitalopram even if you feel well. Do not stop taking escitalopram without talking to your doctor. If you suddenly stop taking escitalopram, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as mood changes, irritability, agitation, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the hands or feet, anxiety, confusion, headache, tiredness, and difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.

This guy knows what's up

>Pills are nice and simple, worked well for me

Best thing is you can combine them with nootropics like modafinil or piracetam, it makes you happy and extremely focused.

relax, I'm a virgin and have no hope or intention of ever having sex, let alone reproducing

are you retarded? there's no way to cheat evolution and no illegitimate means of surviving

you somehow think that if you survive because of your sick strength and vitality that's evolution but if you survive because your tribe members give you pills that's not evolution?

>Literally taking a chemical Jew.
>Masking your problems with anti-depressants.
>Not doing anything to get to the root of your problems.
>As soon as you get off them you will feel suicidal due to withdrawals.

Strange that you'd claim Sup Forums is "out there" on antidepressants when it was major news just recently that antidepressants just don't fucking work.

Real science determined that they barely register above placebo even when they do work.

If you seriously felt a weight lift from your shoulders you either are not depressed to begin with, or it's placebo, or it's one of the few percent in which one specific drug does anything.

In short, stop bullshitting you lying cunt.

Yeah, believe me I had to hide my withdrawal from my family because they would have tought I was dying.

I've always been very curious about bipolar people. Do you still go through a lesser degree of a manic phase even when you're medicated? Or does the lithium just cause you to enter a placid, sort of zombir-like state?

What are you going to do when they stop having an effect on you?

>I am never going to take advise from your lot again.
Like any drug, wait until the high wears off and the comedown crash comes.

'Depression' is just a symptom of spiritual degeneracy. The cure is always the same and hasn't changed in 25000 years:
a) Fasting
b) Prayer
c) Hard work.

My thoughts having been around anti-depressants for a while between myself, family and friends

>it really depends on the circumstances
>anti-depressants are generally worth at least a try
>need to keep in mind the issue of dependency

and. get ready for it..
>it's not a long-term solution

they might help you get through your degree for now Hans, but when you start having real problems in life, you cant just rely on a fucking pill, you need to sort your shit out. best way to fight depression is to improve your awareness of self-worth.

Up the dose? Try another? 100mg is working fine for me anyway

this obvious pharma shill

This is another prime reason it's bullshit. The idea that you're on antidepressants forever is not how they were ever intended to be used.

They are supposed to be used and then discontinued on the successful treatment of your disorder. It's not a lifetime crutch. If your psychiatrist wants you to never stop taking it regardless of effect he's a fucking retard.

Not to mention that the lifetime use has not been studied at all; taking major neurotransmittor disrupting drugs over years is bound to be dangerous. It's as retarded as putting you on a regular MDMA drug use for years because "it makes you feel better".

>Depression is awful

"Depression" is just realism with a different word attached.

Life is shit unless you're a rich leech and then, if you have a conscience, it's still shit.

AND... if you're a rich leech with no conscience you get old... wither away and die. So the only thing you have to look forward to is falling apart in slow motion.

Life sucks. That's the truth. Those shitty pills just make you fat, addicted, and tank your libido.

Paxil made my best friend having much more of an anxiety problem than he had before he went on it. It's poison and his doctor responded to the complaints by doubling the dosage — AND — prescribing an anti-psychotic that turned him into a lunatic.

Your doctor doesn't give a shit about you. But he loves big Pharma.

I tried Strattera and Wellbutrin for ADHD and it flattens you out. I felt zero emotions.
I can see how that could help a depressed person.

/fit/ here

Don't take antidepressants, go have yout T levels and possibly get on TRT (testosterone replacement therapy)

got a small dick no girl wants?

You can't get off them if they're anything like Paxil.

My best friend tried to go off Paxil and had panic attacks in his office. He can't afford to lose his job so he's stuck on the shit. But, since it fucked up his sense of reality and fucked up his sleep pattern he is late to work all the time now so he'll probably end up losing his job anyway.

>Prayer

troll elsewhere

smart guy

but i agree depression is just like being in a shitty spot
in life its totally environmental

its not a brain disorder chemical imbalance bullshit

Wellbutrin is the only one of those worth a damn.

Hurray sub-cathinones!
4-MMC is the greatest drug ever. Good luck finding her though.

that sucks man
did you get nervous by my reply lel?

I'm not seeing a psychiatrist, just a GP. I know I'm not "supposed" to take them forever but really who cares Sven? I'm fucked up beyond belief regardless

Average dick but yeah, no girl wants me

>be extremely depressed, have constant suicidal thoughts and spend most of my days in bed for years
>Sup Forums tells me never to take antidepressants because they are mass murder suicide pills and part of the Jewish conspiracy to control your mind
>Realize I'm not a sissy and just be a man
>After 1 minute of not being a little bitch I see finally feel like life is worth living again and I regained my drive to finish my college degree

Who here /traditional medicine/?

>I felt zero emotions.
>I can see how that could help a depressed person.

Yeah. I'm sure people wouldn't find it depressing to have no emotions.

no, just glazed over it, sorry Rustu

having no emotions > having constantly dark emotions m8, I speak from experience

this was my experience. I kind of enjoy sadness and depression and not experiencing anything on them made me worse

I was under the impression it takes weeks maybe months for the drugs to build up in your system enough to be effective.

being dead > more peaceful than having emotions like an actual human being

"dark" emotions are the body's way of telling you something is wrong. Masking that symptom with pills won't fix the underlying problem

> Let's ignore effective solutions that have actually helped people for over 25000 years and eat unresearched highly psychoactive chemicals instead.
It's like you want to fail.

So many beta faggots lmao

I just pin 250mg testosterone weekly. And I go lift. And I eat more or less healthy. And I keep my body fat low to reduce estrogen.

That alone got me back to university, a solid gf who makes 6 times more than me and my life is enjoyable af desu famalam

Enjoy your French fries and MKUltra.

Any advice for me, anons? I've started having panic attacks recently. I was on tablets before. I tried sertraline a couple years ago but they literally made me shit nonstop everyday so tried citralopram and they just made my head feel strange and did nothing to help with the anxiety. Got Cbt soon but thinking about asking to try medication again, so does anyone here know which ssri works best for anxiety?

I look forward to the peace when I pass away

I'm too lazy and unmotivated to fix my "problems". I like control and I can't control life, but I can control my dosage

>its not a brain disorder chemical imbalance bullshit

There are definitely people who are chemically imbalanced or have differently wired brains. There is a reason someone is bothered by idleness and other people aren't, or why someone can sit in a room with someone without saying a word while others can't.

Good for you mate. I've tried offing myself and didn't try them, was too worried about side effects and them making me worse. Glad to hear you're doing well now though.

ingested substances dont work like that

they enter your blood almost immediately when you consume something and then they start to be digested/flushed out right away

nothing lingers around

It seems to run in my family, my mother and grandfather both had depression/anxiety. I like idleness and quiet, as you might expect.

>fixing the underlying problem

I got on anti-depressants after a burnout around age of 27. I'm still on them three years later. Maybe they have helped my mental health but I feel like I am stuck on a ride I can't get off. I mean, getting off the anti-depressants. The withdrawal effects are a serious downside and too disruptive if you are in the middle of building a career.

>6 days
The only reason you felt better is because you thought you would feel better anti depressants usually take 6 weeks to take effect.

ah, that's cool, no big loss :p
yet you're still here trying to impress people, obviously it's not working for you bud

Idiot, I was on 150mg sertralin for 10 months, quit two weeks ago. 0 rebound panic / insomnia etc. Maybe accept that people are DIFFERENT and something that might work for you might not work for someone else.

And GJ op. Good that you didn't listen to these fucksticks in here, escitalopram is a great medicine to help you get over panic and anxiety. I'm sure life will get better for you

Enjoy your addiction, weight gain, and continued lack of sex

Only the older generation SSRIs (e.g. Prozac) take this long. I take Cymbalta (Duloxetine). You can feel it working after 1-2 weeks.

>low T faggots from /fit/ acting like roiding is alpha

enjoy ur small balls and decreased natural testosterone production faggot

Ah the true finnish way to the mental health.

Retard

post some /traditional medicine/