Overused tropes

>the deceased parent is always a perfect saint

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/8006264/Adolf-Hitler-was-a-cowardly-pig-according-to-fellow-First-World-War-soldiers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You didn't post one though.

>warmonger undermining political, social, and societal authority for the sake of a planet only she really has any interest in
>perfect saint

That shit'll change soon desu

That's really an anime trope if anything. Also, heaven forbid we actually see their face. It's always a lamp or over bright lighting blocking them from view.
The hell is up with that?

There's no point in a parent being lost unless there's something to mourn, dude.

>Starting a war for some cock
>Possibly a huge manipulator
>perfect saint
Nope

>implying they haven't been setting up for the big reveal that she was always the bad guy since the start of the show

Maybe literal children won't see it coming, but they've been sidestepping exactly what she's done and her motives the entire show.

Rose isn't a saint at all though. She led a rebellion as a warlord and her actions directly resulted in widespread death and suffering. In fact she seems incredibly guilty about the whole thing.

Klunt

>Rose
>a perfect saint

Cool fan-fic.

The dead mother is a perfect saint but the dead father is the all-knowing sage (usually setting up key events that shape the story from far in the past.)
It's like death frees up characters to be abstract archetypes.

What she did relative to us would be if some bitch woke up, decided that ants are worth as much as people, and sat outside an anthill all day shooting anyone who accidentally stepped on the ants.
Along the way she recruits a sex slave she already had in her possession, a mutant freak chased away from society, and a homeless waif. She generally takes in anyone who has nowhere else to use and deploys them as military forces against anyone who would harm ants, or try to bring her to some semblance of justice.
Finally, ant maniac starts shoveling ant larvae into her cunt until ants devour her from the inside out. Straggling outcasts protect these ants as they mourn their brave leader.

>traitorous rebel scum
>perfect saint

for some reason i want to masturbate when i see this image

Is that user who won a lottery still paying people to false flag about SU?
Give it up, it's never going to be banned. Only the SU general is banned.

And even then, we're coming back in like a week.

>people paying people to shitpost when others do it for free

We don't really know a lot about Rose, and she treated Greg as a joke originally. People generally don't speak ill of the deceased.

>Perfect Saint

Prior to greg she just viewed all humans as lower beings and fucked them like a environmentalist into bestiality.

She also seemed to be horrible at addressing Pearl's unhealthly love of her.

Happens all the time in real life.

How many people remember Georage Washington's slaves or reasons for the war compared to what he did?

How many think Hitler never did a single good thing in his life?

>That's really an anime trope if anything.

I feel like it comes up in a lot of Disney movies and their sequels. There's often a young woman or princess that has an absent-minded and/or overbearing father that disagrees with her on something, and instead of saying "your dead mother would totally agree with me you know" they're always "oh your so free spirited and beautiful and kind, just like your mother was" and it's implied the heroine's mother was everything the heroine was but maybe a little better too, to the point of perfection. You see this with Ariel, Belle, Pocahontas and Jasmine. Tiana has a similar thing with her dead dad. Sometimes you get an orphan like Cinderella, Lilo, or Snow White, and if their parents are mentioned at all it's in a positive light that implies they were saints. With Quasimodo, his parent straight up died to protect him. Same with Todd from Fox and the Hound, Bambi, Simba and possibly Tarzan.

You also see it in Secret of NIMH, where the only thing we know about Johnathan Brisby was that he was all around amazing and a hero, and in The Land Before Time, where Little Foot's mother is pretty much the perfectly compassionate mom right up until she dies.

Tenchi Muyo subverted that quite well.

In season 1 and 2, he has a lot of fondness for his mother who died when he was young. She shaped his personality.

Then in season 3 it was revealed she was kind of a crazy bitch who would play practical jokes on him (scaring her three month old baby intentionally for a laugh and drawing "I'm stupid" on his face in sharpie).
She really did die, but while he was one year old before his memories of her. Since his family are all alien royalty who live for thousands of years, the family has been pretending to be normal humans since the bronze age. So his older sister was treated as his mother's twin sister when humans were around because they looked so much alike.

When his mom died, Tenchi's sister stepped in pretending to be his mom. But since the shrine had more visitors in the modern era than it did in medieval Japan when his dad was a kid, nobody ever told Tenchi he was a near-immortal alien duke and they had to be even more careful to keep up appearances. So Tenchi's "mother", AKA his sister, went to space and they faked her death because they couldn't explain her looking like she was a teenage girl when she was supposed to be a thirty year old mother.

So Tenchi finds out his mother was a very unpleasant person, and all his happy memories of a woman who taught him to be kind and took him on walks through the countryside were of his sister who he then reunites with. To top off the subversion, his sister is a prankster too; she just had the common decency not to pull mean practical jokes on a toddler.

>to be born good
Morality is only created in conflict and is universally relative.
>overcome your evil nature
This implies that it isn't making subjective morally correct decisions isn't in itself what defines "good" on an individual basis, or decisions in sync with norms of "good" on a societal basis.

This show is so stupid. They can't even make their good-aligned conflicted characters make sense, which is so easy it's cliche.

That's not a quote from the show, mang.

>attempting to argue against something that never happened in the show

I mean its not a trope, its something people actually do

they will idolize dead people and since they are dead they can't prove us wrong or disappoint us

>and fucked them

Nice fan fiction

Lol that's from skyrim dude

>Rose herself admitted she wasn't proud of her past actions to Greg

>has created a story where that's exactly the case.

Uhhhhhh..... Y-yeah! I hate that too! So dumb!

I think it's more that, now that the charactr is gone, they are only looked back upon fondly, despite being flawed.

>That's really an anime trope if anything.
Not in Eva. Shinji's mom was just as much of a selfish, manipulative bitch as his dad and Asuka's mom was a crazy person in a mental hospital.

I never get why you mongoloids keep bringing up morality when true right and wrong would belong within the fields of meta-ethics something which by its very nature can't be relative.

>That strawman

Here we go!

Nobody wants to remeber the bad though user

>protag is really shitty/incompetent at his only job
>"Oh, thats okay, he has a great personality and a heart of gold! XD"
gtfo with that shit already.

Give him a break, I've made that mistake before.

>disappeared dad is actually a cool guy who was playing the world's most dangerous game of hide-and-seek

>XD"
the smiley is that sells me to fucking murder the one who created that trope

seeI hate SU sooooooooooo much. It's just feminist, lesbian, land whale propaganda for a whole generation of numales and entitled fat twats.

k

Yea I'm sure in all those past relationships she just held hands with those filthy humans.

sorry, I was just taking a rage dump.

>protag is really shitty/incompetent at his only job
>"Oh, thats okay, he has a great personality and a heart of gold! XD"
I don't mind this at all.

>kiki's pizza delivery service is actually a flyng steven instead of lapis or lion helping

Also that brawler Steven looks adorable! And of course the dapper Steven! So many Stevens! I'm so excited

Flashbacks show she has the same "humans are inferior to gems" mentality as other gems.

She sees men and Greg as toys to enjoy for the short time they're together and laughed at the thought of their relationship being anything serious.

It's implied she isn't so great, but it can't be worse than leaving steven to die or shapeshifting into someone's dead gf because they stopped watching TV with you.

Didn't Garnet lose her head over a video game?

>that battle damaged Steven
What do you think it's going to happen?

Jonas Venture was a pretty interesting variant of this one.

By the way he's looking at his gem I'd say he had a bad day.

>sitcom/cartoon/whatever
>the mother can solve all of the world problems if she wants to
>the father is a clinical retard

I wouldn't either if said protag learned from his mistakes and proved those learnings in different episodes by not being incompetent anymore. But when the protag fucks up over, and over, and over again and needs his ass candied by the other main characters because he's mentally handicapped, I get a little PO'd.

Steven's getting a little better.
I mean, there was the cluster.
And he learned to bubble shit.
And use his shield and shit.

Garnet hasn't had her unforgivable moment because Rebecca doesn't want her lezzie lolis to be in the wrong. I want Rose to make a big mistake on a big scale.

Someone pushed Steven down the stairs

Garnet needs to fuck up and bad.

but hitler didn't do anything good- he pretty much was a scummy coward his whole life. Pic related would be a better example.

He volunteered in WWI to fight for Germany and ran communication through shelled trenches. He nearly lost his sight to a gas attack.

That's more brave than most average me.

It's reality

> steven meets bismuth
> steven spends the night at connies
> steven looks for peridots attachments
> steven watches pearl get ptsd from getting cucked
> steven and ruby are going to make some bomb ass pizza
> steven wants to seem tougher/serious
> steven arranges a "date for greg and pearl"
> steven feels bad about being a gem, probably kicked someone's shit in
calling it now from left to right

what the other anons said

Everyone who knew him during WWI wrote about how he was a coward, a malingerer and a duty shirker. Lots of people got gassed, doesn't take any bravery on his part.

I like what AT did with this thing. Finn and Jake's dog dad died a while back and while they still love him and think he's awesome it was shown that he was a pretty big dick to Finn at times and harassed demons who were doing nothing bad and really just wanted to be left alone. He was still a good dude who loved his kids though.

Fuck you, how dare you download the image I made. I was gonna post that.

It's a quote from the good Dragon in Skyrim.

Not being defensive but do you have a source, I'd like to read about that.

I know Hitler seemed to legitimately find a spirit of comradery during his service in WWI. Why would he praise it if he was despised and always tried to leave on illness?

You mean Super Mario the dragon.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/8006264/Adolf-Hitler-was-a-cowardly-pig-according-to-fellow-First-World-War-soldiers.html

>brave≠good

>Why would he praise it if he was despised and always tried to leave on illness
Because why would he denounce or speak ill of the people fighting for his ideals?

>New character shows up
>They're liked by everyone but one particular character
>Character is obviously just insecure
>At the last second character is revealed to be a complete asshole despite no foreshadowing nor any reason to reveal they're a complete asshole

>Sugar doesn't want the lesbians to be wrong
>"I want Rose to fuck up"
aren't those contradictory statements because Rose is straight, or at least some kind of kinky alien-fucker?

That It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode that does this is always the example that I think of.

I'm willing to blame everything on Amethyst

>Leader of a violent extremist group that crashes peaceful meeting of aristocratic gems by screaming their name in glory and mowing down dozens of terrified, unarmed people.
>Saint

Martyr maybe.

Wait, I thought Seasons 1, 2 and 3 were all unrelated to each other.

Pic related?

No, skyrim himself.

No, because Garnet is the poster child for the purest gayest space rock love. Garnetfags will are so desperate to call anyone who might find R&S annoying homophobic, I had a acquaintance try to bait me into an argument just because she's bi/poly and needed to know where I stood on the fact that the gems are lesbians, as if we haven't been watching the same show and I'm just going to pull homophobia out my ass.

Rose popped her pussy for a real nigga like Greg and a few other humans, so she's at most bisexual, Pearl is arguably just Rose-sexual, but Ruby and Sapphy are lesbians who are in love with each other for all time and could never be flawed ever beyond loving too much because how will that reflect on the lesbian community. I mean, they're just going to fuck up a baseball game/put peridot in danger because they can't stop flirting? Shit is obnoxious.

No, you're just being an idiot.

The 80's cartoons were all about "hurr be ursylf" and "durr luv qncuers awl", today's cartoons are all about "dun juedg pepol becuz of who dey ar" and "lyv an let lyv", and your complaint of a cartoon with a bit of the latter two morals somehow being specifically "GAY LESBO PEDO COMMIE PROPAGANDA" is as ridiculous as it would've been back in the 80's. People as ridiculous and oblivious of their inability to think critically were around back then, they're around now, they will be around for a while and frankly, you're not coming up with anything particularly new, interesting or useful. You're just doing what the so-called "uneducated masses" have been doing all throughout history - making judgements about things you simply don't understand based on your instincts and how you "feel" about those things, and people who are able to think critically will always have the edge by being able to warp your perception by coming up with ways to use your "instincts" and "feelings" to their advantage.

In other words: yawn.

>Radical Rose Quartz

It's ok tomoko.

Nice pasta user :^)

anime parents are either super saints with calm voices or super badasses where some parts of the story revolve around the parent's past.

I seriously doubt they've been building her up as any kind of villain.

That said, I do see a reveal coming that she wasn't all that everyone has built her up to be. It's almost certain that Stevens perception of her has been colored by the rose tinted glasses everyone remembers seeing her through.

With hwo much Sailor Moon seemed to inspire the show I wouldn't be surprised if Rose Quartz was inspired by Sakura's mom from Card Captor Sakura. In Sakura there's a jealous skinny bitch who was in love with the mom too and hates the man she ended up with and even blames him for her death.

>Morality is relative
When will this pseudo-intelectual meme die

But user, this trope is in real-life. Unless the person was an asshole to whoever you're talking with. The deceased will always be remembered fondly.

Kiritsugu is edgy Jesus before he is a father though

well can't say he didn't try to be one..

>edgy Jesus
now I'm imagining Jesus rejecting his holy grail in the "The Last Temptation of Christ" movie sort of way.

I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

I thought it was more like in Sailor Moon the way Usagi is a reincarnation of her former self from the moon, and how she was also basically a clone of her dead moon mom.

Could you blame her? I mean her mom got hitched at 16 while her dad was twice that age.

>"""""good""""" dragon

Just because she is inhuman doesn't mean she is evil, dum-dum.

Only example that comes to mind was on Family Guy when they got another dog who seemed to be nicer than Brian but then suddenly started being an asshole to Stewie out of nowhere.

Sage didn't mention Tenchi having a sister. And the only real Tenchi memories from childhood(discounting GXP) are of this dude with a crystal sword making friends with a girl that threatened Earth.
Still in the process of watching the series, just finished season one a week or so ago and took a break.
I don't like Mihoshi, but I understand her.

I'm thinking of an episode of Simpson where Krabapple is fired after Bart spikes her coffee and gets replaced by new teacher who everyone likes and does a good job. Bart is about to do the same prank to the guy so she can get her job back. She stops him, but the guy shows up drunk anyways screaming that he hates kids.

Some of these highlighted items make no sense.